I think tonight is the night (Update in post 9) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 08-11-2010, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
At my midwife appt today she did an internal exam during which I went from 3cm to 5cm in seconds Since I got home I have been having lots of bloody show and stronger contractions but they are still pretty spread out. The contractions are now starting to get a bit closer together but it is hard to tell. They feel really weird. I think I am feeling things in my cervix even when I am not having a full contraction if that makes ANY sense at all.

Both my other labors started with my water breaking and were very fast (9 hours & 2 1/2 hours) so may be I am just being overly paranoid at this point. Either way it will be very soon! The question will really be whether baby can make it before midnight since today is my birthday My mom & her mom share a birthday on 8/2. I was stubborn and held out for my own birthday so I am guessing this one will have hisown as well.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#2 of 12 Old 08-11-2010, 12:43 AM

YAY!! Good luck!!

Happily married to my sweet DH with two precious girls (12/08) and (8/10) and a crazy puppy dog. Expecting blessing #3 around 12/10.

#3 of 12 Old 08-11-2010, 01:09 AM

Good luck to you, I hope things get going!!!

If you don't mind me asking, did the midwife stretch your cervix when she checked you? That's quite a bit of progress in such a small time if it happened all on it's own. HOLY COW!!! I wouldn't doubt you have fast labors with that kind of dilation.....lol.

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

#4 of 12 Old 08-11-2010, 01:33 AM

Good luck!

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#5 of 12 Old 08-11-2010, 01:37 AM

You are in my thoughts! Best of luck to you!

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
#6 of 12 Old 08-11-2010, 01:45 AM

Good luck tonight! I will be thinking of you. ELVs to you, Mama!

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#7 of 12 Old 08-11-2010, 01:51 AM

Easy labor vibes and Happy Birthday to you!

Lisa, mama to A (3/05) and R (11/07) and L (8/10)
#8 of 12 Old 08-11-2010, 01:54 AM

Good lUck! I hope she came in your birthday! And happy birthday!

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#9 of 12 Old 08-11-2010, 04:35 AM - Thread Starter

MamaB21: She tried to see if she could stretch it from 3 to 4, but then it jumped to 5 on it's own.

Well no baby yet & contractions have stopped. I should have known better. This is totally a case of letting your emotions take over. DH got really stressed over some work stuff that is complicated by the fact that it is my best friend who can be very flaky that is causing it. So without really meaning to I shut my body down not wanting to be in labor while he is so upset and preoccupied. Now I am really angry because I should be holding my baby and will forever remember that I don't share a birthday with my baby because of this. Uggh! I keep telling myself that those things don't really matter as long as we end up with a healthy baby and I know that is true but I just wish that anything in my life could just simply go the way I want it to for once. I am tired of always giving (whether intentionally or not) and not getting. Oh well it will still only be a matter of days I guess.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#10 of 12 Old 08-11-2010, 10:20 AM

Sorry mama. It will happen soon.
#11 of 12 Old 08-11-2010, 12:04 PM

Don't blame yourself!! Your baby just wasn't totally ready yet! It will happen though and it will be wonderful so don't be hard on yourself!
#12 of 12 Old 08-11-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post
MamaB21: She tried to see if she could stretch it from 3 to 4, but then it jumped to 5 on it's own.
That sure is a cervix that wants to open!!!

Sorry that your DH has things going on that are complicating things for you. That can be really stressful when dealing with labor. Things will pick up eventually and I hope you're able to get some RR before they do. When I was in early labor DP was having a hard time dealing with DD and their bickering was really messing with my head. I finally kind of broke down and had a good cry and then we had a family meeting. And very shortly after that my labor took a shift toward being a lot more active. Not long after that, I was entering transition. Maybe try letting some frustration out however you can and have a good cry? Worked for me. GOOD LUCK!!!

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page