arrival time guesses - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-11-2010, 03:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So the background on this comes from a couple of places. Firstly, one of my sweet friends is hoping to come help out with the birth- from 5 hours away. The second is that for the first time in 3 babies, this kid is in optimal position.

So the question is, should I anticipate that this baby will come after 40 weeks like my others have, and tell my friend not to come until then, or do you imagine that perfect positioning will lend to an earlier arrival?

Obviously it's all a guess, but I'm curious what you think. I'm of a different mind 50 times a day, myself.

Veggie, babywearing, cloth diapering, lactivist, intactivist, 2x HBAC, non-vaccing nurse and doula, wife of my babies' sweet Dada, Momma of 3 with another coming mid summer.

#2 of 2 Old 08-11-2010, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My MW told me that chances are I'd go around 40 weeks as that's the pattern I've established with my last 3 births...not sure that positioning would change that...
I'd be inclined to go with my previous experiences.

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page