did my water break or not? - UPDATE first post. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-12-2010, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yesterday I had bloody show and lost my mucous plug throughout the day. I had a handful of painful contractions but very very far apart and irregular. I woke up at 6am this morning to some sort of fluid leaking out into my underwear. It defintiely wasn't pee or CM but there wasn't a whole lot of it either. It probably would have soaked a panty liner but that's it. Nothing much since then so I really don't think it broke but I hope I am close since I had bloody show and passed my plug yesterday....thoughts?

UPDATE: Ok, that definitely wasn't it, but NOW my water has broken! I woke up to soaked underwear and PJs and am about to soak through another pad. No contractions just yet, still waiting for those to start. Going to call my CNMs in a few minutes.

Crunchy Christian Wife and Mommy to awesome DH and DD1 (4/25/07) and DD2 (8/13/10)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 08-12-2010, 10:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It could go either way. It may be just a small high leak that will reseal itself if labor doesn't kick in. It sounds like labor is about to start though, so it very well could be the real thing. I would keep anything and everything out of there and intermittently try walking and resting. Good luck!

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

#3 of 4 Old 08-12-2010, 11:16 AM

DDCC... CM can be really, really watery sometimes. It could be that. Or, as the PP said, it could be a high leak, which can re-seal. When my water broke before labor, I was sitting down soaking through several towels, like gushing.

You sound close anyway, though... good luck!

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#4 of 4 Old 08-12-2010, 12:10 PM

When my water broke this time I was laying in bed and felt a little pop during a contraction. I thought I might have felt something leaking so I went to investigate and saw that I'd lost my plug. After that I got a lot of bloody show, but I was also leaking something else. It wasn't a lot, just little gushes when I would walk. I think the babies head was so low that it didn't come out in a big gush. I know it was my water because it never broke during active labor. Just thought I'd offer another perspective, it is possible for your water to break and not gush out. Either way, it sounds like you're close. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page