August Past Due Date Club - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-13-2010, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're officially past our due date. Who else?

I seem to be watching all of my friends have their children before me, despite the fact that they were due after me.

Due dates should be abolished, anyway. They just create false hope and CRUSH DREAMS.

Come on babies, make your debut. I will find solace in the fact that her time in there is limited and that I will see her sweet face soon.

Nicole, wife to Sean, mother to Afton Reanne Evangeline, a natural birth at a hospital 8/17/2010 8lbs 9 oz 21 inches long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2010, 03:58 PM

I am right there with you. Both of my girls were early but this one wants to stay in longer lol. My midwife said she would start trying to induce me naturally at 41 weeks. Not sure if I can be prego for another week, but guess I don't have a choice. I have been measuring 37 weeks the last 3 weeks so something has to happen soon lol. In Alaska if I go past 42 weeks I have to be induced at the hospital and I really don't want that.

Rebecca~mama to DD1-Alyssa 6/05, DD2-Kaylin 8/08, and new edition DD3-Reyana 8/10.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:44 PM

i'm on the edge of my due date and i've been fine with going with the flow until the last few days. i think it's because dh has started talking about how excited he is to meet her (not like i can hurry it up) and family has started calling...like they think i'm going to be early with my first. so i feel a lot of pressure but am trying to stay mellow. it's really hard to be present and enjoy these last moments/days/etc with her inside me to myself. but sometimes i have freak outs that the longer she stays in, the bigger she gets and with every bite of ice cream i hope she's not getting those calories! i dont' know why i want ice cream so bad right now, i'm trying to be good about sugar!
fyi i find reading the power of now very grounding. maybe i should go read it right now.

DD: 8/10

Old 08-13-2010, 05:35 PM

I was really mellow about my due date last time, with the mantra of "the average first time mom goes 8 days over." I went 12.

My due date the first time was purely unadjusted calendar, and I went 41-5. This time, my 40 week due date yesterday was a very early u/s based due date (so probably very accurate), but by the calendar only, I'd be today: 41w 4d. My mellow is wavering.

Come on baby!

Co-sleeping, Breastfeeding, EC'ing, Baby-wearing, Homebirthing mama to two fabulous girls 6/2007 and 8/2010
Old 08-13-2010, 08:34 PM

41 weeks today...but I did have some promising signs for the first time!
Old 08-13-2010, 10:09 PM

I'm only at 40+1, and already going crazy. My dd came early, so I was expecting early on this on to. No dice! My whole support structure is in full swing, including my wonderful MIL who has to go back to work on the 20th. Sigh. Come on out baby, mama wants to see your face!

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!
Old 08-14-2010, 12:01 AM

I'm 41+1 today and am starting to really be ready. DS1 was 1 week late and DS2 was two weeks late so I could feasbily be pregnant for a little while longer

Lisa, mama to A (3/05) and R (11/07) and L (8/10)
Old 08-14-2010, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

I had three people, one after the other, message me the moment I signed into facebook to ask me if the baby was here yet.

Nicole, wife to Sean, mother to Afton Reanne Evangeline, a natural birth at a hospital 8/17/2010 8lbs 9 oz 21 inches long.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:34 AM

I'm tempted to just not get on facebook until I've had the baby. Yesterday my SIL posted on her wall that she was waiting to hear if I'd had given birth yet to which someone I don't even know replied excitedly asking if I was in labor. NO I'm not in labor and NO I haven't had a baby. Why do people seriously think they'd have to ask me a billion times if the baby is here? Hello! That's something I would probably let everyone know as soon as possible. Of course none of my family lives nearby so I wouldn't have people randomly crashing in. If I lived closer then I might wait.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

All of my labor symptoms disappeared. LOL

Maybe that's because I caught a cold and need to get over that before baby decides she's ready to come.

Poor DH looked at me today and said, "I can't wait for her to get here."

"Why?"

"I just want to look at her."

Way to melt my heart, hubs. I can't wait to look at her either.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:01 PM

Yup. My 40 week mark was 5th August, so I'm now 9 days 'over'. But since I went 22 days over with DD I've kind of been prepared for it. Still doesn't make it any easier though!!

But at least this time around family and friends have been scared off calling every day and asking if the baby's arrived yet. I had some very stern talks with the worst offenders early this pregnancy!!

It's tough to log in here and see everyone having their babies already though - I just want to meet this little one!!

Lisa - mama to Eleanor Rose 01/08 and Saoirse Lily 09/10
Old 08-14-2010, 09:34 PM

A friend posted this on my FB page the other day....

http://www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/

It made me laugh.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beltane View Post
a friend posted this on my fb page the other day....

it made me laugh.
that is awesome!

Old 08-15-2010, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltane View Post
A friend posted this on my FB page the other day....

It made me laugh.

That's great!

I'm starting to get really really annoyed at people calling and asking. I honestly told almost everyone that I didn't expect a babe until at least 1 week late if not more but I guess noone listened. So I don't even answer the phone anymore

Lisa, mama to A (3/05) and R (11/07) and L (8/10)
Old 08-16-2010, 07:45 PM

Sigh, up to 40+4 and still nothing. I've had these contractions for weeks now, but nothing seems to come of them. I swear I'm going crazy waiting for this little one to make an appearance. I'm trying everything -- EPO, RRL tea, sex, walking, resting, basil and oregano in every meal, massage of acupressure points on my lower legs and feet....

Any thoughts on other things I can do to encourage this little one to make a grand exit?

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!
Old 08-16-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarlady View Post
Any thoughts on other things I can do to encourage this little one to make a grand exit?
We have the same due date. I'm going to make an appointment for some "induction" acupuncture. I did two rounds getting my DD here, on the 19th and 20th, and she showed up at 6am on the 21st. I figure it can't hurt!

Co-sleeping, Breastfeeding, EC'ing, Baby-wearing, Homebirthing mama to two fabulous girls 6/2007 and 8/2010
Old 08-17-2010, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarlady View Post
Sigh, up to 40+4 and still nothing. I've had these contractions for weeks now, but nothing seems to come of them. I swear I'm going crazy waiting for this little one to make an appearance. I'm trying everything -- EPO, RRL tea, sex, walking, resting, basil and oregano in every meal, massage of acupressure points on my lower legs and feet....

I am right there with you. I thought today the baby would come but she just doesn't want to show her face lol. I am 40+3 days though and this coming friday at 41 weeks my midwife is going to natural induce me. Here in Alaska if I go past 42 weeks I have to have the baby in the hospital. I really want my home waterbirth though.

Rebecca~mama to DD1-Alyssa 6/05, DD2-Kaylin 8/08, and new edition DD3-Reyana 8/10.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:39 PM

I scheduled a massage for this afternoon. Hopefully it will help, or at least make me a bit more pleasant to be around. 40+5. Sigh.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalulu View Post
That's great!

I'm starting to get really really annoyed at people calling and asking. I honestly told almost everyone that I didn't expect a babe until at least 1 week late if not more but I guess noone listened. So I don't even answer the phone anymore

no one listens! we purposely didn't tell anyone our due date and vaguely said in mid-august. and people are already antsy and calling. don't they think we'd let them know if the baby came? i understand they are excited but it's annoying and makes me feel like it's my fault she's not here yet. i don't think it's in my hands at this point

DD: 8/10

Old 08-18-2010, 07:27 PM

Now 40+6, and no labor or baby. People have started asking me (and DH gets asked too) when they are going to induce me. Hard to explain that homebirth MW arn't really induction happy. Still hoping things will just start up naturally, although my MIL last night said maybe she should make me a labor "cocktail" of castor oil, OJ, and vodka. Vodka? I asked about that and she said "You know, to relax you so baby will come." So now I'm just so tense that I'm holding baby in on purpose? Gurr....I hate feeling like baby cooking longer is somehow my FAULT. And I do stress a bit because I just want baby here now. Sigh. Good lord hear my plea and send me into labor!

Old 08-18-2010, 08:31 PM

Had a massage followed by an acupuncture session yesterday. All signs seem to be pointing toward the next couple of days, I think. Finally seeing colostrum instead of clear discharge. Wearing "tacks" in my ears to keep some points stimulated. A friend suggested a shot of tequila would do the trick. At this point, I'm not sure I'm against it! LOL

Old 08-18-2010, 09:34 PM

I'm actually becoming more zen about it all each day I go over. I'm not as anxious or up in arms about waiting. I don't know why. Although, I too am seriously considering just having a drink to relax. My body is crampy and achey. I keep hoping it's not all in vain. Dh wants baby to come tomorrow so he can have a full 2 weeks off from work. My mom wants the baby to come the next day since it'll be her birthday. I just want the baby to come out! I don't care when.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:37 PM

I'm joining. My previous two were due date babies. I'm amazed that I'm still pregnant. I've been having contractions for weeks including really painful ones all night long.

So sick of being pregnant.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:57 PM

Yup, me too. Joining the club, 40+2 today...

Franziska , DW to )oi , SAHM to Noah 06/2008, Sophia 08/2010, and Junis 11/2012

Old 08-20-2010, 06:46 PM

41+1. Bored. Crabby. Nothing interesting going on down there.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:20 PM

due date was yesterday- my first so i'm thinking a few more days-

hard to figure out what to do with myself though that's for sure! and def getting fed up with all the 'are you in labor calls' - very sweet but come on!!

here's hoping for the full moon on tuesday...

that way if i have a girl i can name her Maribel Moon...that's my fav name at the moment.

positive energy to all who are waiting- so glad we have this forum to pass the time!
Old 08-21-2010, 03:12 PM

I am 41+1 weeks today and I give up....I will just get a massage and relax as best as I can. Hard when my kids drive me crazy lol
I will just wait till my midwife starts to naturally induced on the 25th when I am 41+5 weeks. In Alaska if you go past 42 weeks you have to have your baby in the hospital and I was so looking forward to my 2nd time home waterbirth.

Old 08-21-2010, 03:46 PM

Oh joy, I get to join this club now! Yesterday was my edd and it didn't bother me too much. Today, it's bugging me. I've never even made it to the due date and there's so little going on. Everything that *is* going on points to birth in the next month or so. Big news there! I need something to seriously distract me today!

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
Old 08-23-2010, 01:27 AM

Okay, never made it to my due date before which is tomorrow the 23rd. Just made some oregano, parsley, basil pesto! Yummy. I am hoping that works otherwise I have to be induced on the 24th. Has anyone tried chiropractor, acupressure, or have any other ideas? Been taking raspberry leaf tea and primrose for practically my whole pregnancy.

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

Old 08-23-2010, 02:31 AM

due date was yesterday... and as of now we missed being a Leo... sooooo trying to relax and wait... just feel stupid cuz contractions were all over the place yesterday evening, everyone was like tonight?(!!) and I was dumb enough to be like 'wow, I will actually do this tonight! -"on time!" so.. now I'm sitting here bumming. husband says it'll come when it comes, but no-one is looking at him saying "so, any contractions??" Think I'll keep my big mouth shut until I get the ones that make you want to re-consitter labor all together, or until I feel a head coming out.

User Tag List