Anyone else an emotional mess? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 08-17-2010, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
So, I'm about 39 weeks. I'm not overly anxious about the baby's arrival. Of course, I'm ready, and all that late pregnancy stuff, but not anxious.

What I am, however, is an extremely emotionally unstable mess! I'm not an overly emotional woman normally. I don't break down terribly easily, and I cope well with things for the most part.

Oh my goodness, though...I start bawling and then it gets to that nearly hysterical hyperventilating kind..sheesh. I can't remember being so darned emotional over dumb things, ever!

Anyone else a blubbering mess?

Blessed Christian Wife and Homeschooling Mother to 8: 17 (our 1st homeschool graduate!), 12, 11, 9, 5, 4, 2 and with blessing #9 and #10 due to arrive April 2015

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 08-17-2010, 09:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OH! OH! Me, Me!. My poor children. I think it has a lot to do with my Dh being gone and fear of going into labor with no one here.

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#3 of 12 Old 08-17-2010, 11:15 PM

I'm very emotional! I have felt like I am on the verge of tears at all moments today. I am also worrying about a lot of things - such as getting stuff ready for my DPs birthday this Friday (my due date!) I also have an irrational fear that I will go into labor and he will be at a show where he can't hear his phone and he'll have the car and I will be stuck finding someone else to take me to the hospital and he'll miss everything. And I'm afraid of being a mom, being able to do it all, surviving labor, how my pets are going to be.... yeah I'm emotional! I get to be this way after birth too???
#4 of 12 Old 08-17-2010, 11:21 PM

Quote:
MissMorgan~I get to be this way after birth too???
Oh yeah. I forgot that the emotional mess continues after birth.....dang!

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#5 of 12 Old 08-17-2010, 11:36 PM

Yes! I'm almost crazy in fact. DH works graveyard shift and Thursday forgot to turn his phone on- I contracted all night of course, and last night totally forgot the phone!! Ask me how rationally I dealt with that.

Oh, and today when the NEW transmission that we just put in (and cost a bizillion dollars) a week ago went while I was out, let me tell you, it wasn't pretty.

Veggie, babywearing, cloth diapering, lactivist, intactivist, 2x HBAC, non-vaccing nurse and doula, wife of my babies' sweet Dada, Momma of 3 with another coming mid summer.

#6 of 12 Old 08-18-2010, 01:17 AM

This week has been just a bit better than last week, but yeah, I'm in this club too! I completely freaked out on dh last week cause the dog peed on the floor. Then I burst into tears and melted into a puddle cause I felt so badly for being an irrational crazy lady. Then I was up all night crying cause I couldn't figure out how I'm going to make it any longer if I'm such a mess. Fortunately, it hasn't been that bad since! But, I still feel like crying all the time and my patience level is extremely small. And, yeah, I don't remember ever being *this* much of an emotional wreck before, either.

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
#7 of 12 Old 08-18-2010, 01:55 AM

I was for the two weeks before baby! I cried every day. Some cries were more weepy and others were the out of control hyperventilating type.

Now by the end of the day I am an impatient mess. Every little thing bothers me. My poor kids--except baby! HE can do no wrong!

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#8 of 12 Old 08-18-2010, 03:30 AM

Yep, before and after baby!

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#9 of 12 Old 08-18-2010, 04:24 AM

Emotional train wreck? Check.

Co-sleeping, Breastfeeding, EC'ing, Baby-wearing, Homebirthing mama to two fabulous girls 6/2007 and 8/2010
#10 of 12 Old 08-18-2010, 06:04 AM

I guess I could be worse, but my all-time giggely mood I have had during most of this pregnancy has definitely passed. Now I am grumpy, frustrated and always close to tears. Poor DS is just getting on my nerves and DH is doing a great job being patient and keeping him out of my hair.
The waiting is just killing me! and this baby is BIG and always high up in my ribs. I wonder when she'll get fed up with bumping her feet and bum on my ribcage constantly - I sure am.
Yesterday I was so fed up that I went for a 2.5km hike uphill and then even climbed the stairs of the scarily high look-out. Afterwards I walked on the curb for a while and now I have a rather sore pelvis but still no baby.

On top of it all the weather is horrible, way too cold for this time of the year and so much rain that I just can't be bothered to leave the house.

Franziska , DW to )oi , SAHM to Noah 06/2008, Sophia 08/2010, and Junis 11/2012

#11 of 12 Old 08-18-2010, 02:17 PM

Yes, I am!! I am either crying or grumpy and cranky. My poor kids and husband are tired of my lack of patience. I am really looking forward to this baby coming so I can get myself back.

~Beth~
Mom to 3 sweet girls
#12 of 12 Old 08-18-2010, 04:24 PM

Yup - me too. I'll be 42 weeks pregnant tomorrow and I've been having on-off prodromal labour since about 37-8 weeks. I am tired, grumpy, impatient and totally moody!! Come out NOW baby!!

Lisa - mama to Eleanor Rose 01/08 and Saoirse Lily 09/10

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page