oh argh! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-22-2010, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just need a little whiny-space. I'm 40w+2 today. I've never even made it to 40w before so this is new territory for me. I've been trying to be at peace with it all but it's hard cause I'm physically very uncomfortable at this point: baby is very low and has been sitting low for weeks now. I'm crampy, my hips are achy and so is my lower back. I have a whopping two skirts that fit and maybe three shirts. Pants are out, unless I want to show off my ginormous belly. So, I'm trying to be chill and laid back and reminding myself that 40+2 isn't really *that* late yada, yada.

This morning I woke up to bloody show and regular contractions. For three hours, I contracted every 7 minutes, some I could barely move through. My folks took the kids, I went for a walk. I tried to do other things so my mind wouldn't be too focused on early labor. Then I did too much and got tired so I took a little nap. And everything STOPPED. As in completely, utterly, absolutely stopped. So here I sit waiting indefinitely again for a baby who apparently doesn't want to be born. Argh!!!!

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2010, 12:04 AM

I hope things get going for you soon!

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

Old 08-23-2010, 10:41 AM

Hope things move soon for you!

Mom of 8 children 4 Boys : and 4 girls :2 dogs named Kibblez and Brook , sadly miss my Husband that passed 03/03/2007 !Trully Miss my Brother Joey that passed on 3/25/09..Sadly miss my dearest son T.J that passed 1/19/2014 forever in my heart!
Old 08-23-2010, 01:57 PM

I hear you! I am 40 weeks and 3 days today. I have been late with all 3 of my other kids so this is not new territory for me, but that doesn't make it any easier. Going past the EDD is so emotionally draining. Having the baby and all the ctx take up all of your head space. It makes me really grumpy and I don't want to talk to anyone and I expect my kids to be angels all the time, which they are not. Waking up everyday wondering if this is the day gets tiring after awhile....

Island mama to DD (10), DS (5), DS (4) and DD (Aug 31 '10)
Old 08-23-2010, 04:41 PM

Sorry the labor is playing games with you. Here's to all that work making the birth easier!

~Beth~
Mom to 3 sweet girls
Old 08-23-2010, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the sympathy ladies! I had a good cry in the middle of the night when I woke up still with no signs of labor starting up again. This whole end-of pregnancy has been sooooo different from my first two. I've had very little prodromal labor and now start & stop labor. I've never had bloody show before active labor either, so it was hard to not bank on that being a sign of labor. Ah well.... I keep telling myself that he will come when he comes and that's it! Sometimes that actually helps!

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).

User Tag List