Back pain / baby facing up - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-23-2010, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The baby's back was on my right side at my appointment last week so the midwife advised me to do lots of pelvic rocking, which I did. Now the baby is facing up with her/his back to my back. I had a horrible amount of back pain last night when laying in bed. I got up and draped myself over my birth ball and rocked and it felt better. Then I lay in bed and my husband rubbed against my lower back, which helped a lot too, and I was able to go to sleep. The pain made me wonder if I was going into labor but it didn't progress so I guess not!

I know pelvic rocking is supposed to help move the baby so I'll keep doing that. If anyone has any other tips, I'd love to hear them. I've gone through 2 other pregnancies/labors without this issue so it's new territory for me.

Due date is tomorrow!

Live and love with your whole being.
#2 of 5 Old 08-23-2010, 12:24 PM

DDCC, but Yikes! Do all you can to get him/her to move before! If he was right side and then turned to posterior upon pelvic rocking, I wonder if there is something weird with the cord or something? Just strange that he wouldn't move to anterior. Maybe try lots of left side lying, to see if at least you can get him on the left (which is more likely to rotate to anterior than left)

Here are some helpful tips:

http://www.motherspirit.net/articles...reventpost.htm
http://www.storknet.com/cubbies/chil...eriorlabor.htm

and of course, there is spinningbabies.com, but takes a long time to get through all the (helpful!) info

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

#3 of 5 Old 08-23-2010, 03:53 PM

Good luck mama, I hope you can get that baby to turn soon! Definitely check out spinningbabies, also maybe look into a chiro who knows the Webster technique.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#4 of 5 Old 08-23-2010, 10:32 PM

My baby has been kind of posterior and ROT the last few weeks. I went to the chiropractor today and we did some inversions (she's been doing the webster technique). I can definitely feel like baby moved to a different spot. I have also been taking pulsitilla (30C) once a day x 3 days which has been helpful as well. I'm not quite sure that he's anterior yet, but he's definitely moved around towards the right direction.

Wife to a wonderful husband, mom to 5 amazing boys, 2 m/c and Knox Cornelius our 5th son born at 15weeks 12/3/2011, Lillian Faith our 1st daughter, born at 14 weeks May 19, 2012 (Turner Syndrome). 

#5 of 5 Old 08-23-2010, 10:44 PM - Thread Starter

I did a ton of pelvic rocking today and the baby moved to the left side! Thumbs up, baby! I will continue to do this and hopefully the baby stays put.

Thanks for the tips!

Live and love with your whole being.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page