laboring away... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-23-2010, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...I'm officially in labor. Started contractions yesterday afternoon in the car, when we came back from our last outing as a three people family. Ctrx were about 12min apart but strong enough for me to decide we should rather take the highway back home than the scenic route.

Once at home things tapered off again. DH and DS went to bed and I of course couldn't fall asleep. Sat in front of the computer for a while and ended up going to sleep around 1:30am to wake up to regular ctrx at 3:30am. have been up and contracting about every 4 minutes and for 50secs until MW visited and checked me at 9am and my cervix was still quite posterior and 1-2cm dilated. She suggested I try to get some sleep in and forget about the time. I did that and rested as good as possible between ctrx for about 2 hours, even dozed off a little.
Now it's 3pm and DH and DS are taking a nap and I am really hoping that these ctrx are doing the job, because they are definitely intense...! moving and vocalizing through them is what helps best.
*sigh* so, as excited as I am to finally be in labor, I guess I still have some work to do here...

On top of it my mom called this morning to let us know that she was on her way to my grandma in vienna who's 88yo and suffering from parkinson and suddenly took a turn for the worse.

I don't know what will happen but I can't help but think of the Jack Johnson song "If I Could"

If anyone has some spare ELVs and good thoughts to send my way I'd be most grateful.

Franziska , DW to )oi , SAHM to Noah 06/2008, Sophia 08/2010, and Junis 11/2012

#2 of 7 Old 08-23-2010, 12:46 PM

yayyayyay! i came over here looking for just this kind of update from you! so exciting! peaceful, gentle birth vibes to you, mama!
#3 of 7 Old 08-23-2010, 03:38 PM

Sending those ELV's

~Beth~
Mom to 3 sweet girls
#4 of 7 Old 08-23-2010, 03:46 PM

Good luck mama!

Best wishes for your grandma

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#5 of 7 Old 08-23-2010, 04:01 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I hope your labor/contractions go faster than mine. I've been heavily contracting since Friday.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

#6 of 7 Old 08-23-2010, 04:44 PM

I hope you're birth goes smoothly. When I was starting to feel a bit out of control, my midwife recommended two Tylenol and a glass of wine - it worked wonders. Keep us updated.
#7 of 7 Old 08-23-2010, 06:30 PM

Good luck! I hope things start moving along soon.

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page