Water broke yesterday but no ctx - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 08-23-2010, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My water broke yesterday about 5pm but no real ctx has started. My midwife will be coming over this morning to start me on herbs in hopes that I will go into labor. In Alaska if I am not in active labor, thats 4cm dilated, then I have to go to the hospital. She will be checking me this morning to see where I am at and hopefully I can have my home waterbirth today

Rebecca~mama to DD1-Alyssa 6/05, DD2-Kaylin 8/08, and new edition DD3-Reyana 8/10.
#2 of 12 Old 08-23-2010, 12:43 PM

ELVs! How's the weather? Can you take some long walks?

Crunchy Christian Wife and Mommy to awesome DH and DD1 (4/25/07) and DD2 (8/13/10)
#3 of 12 Old 08-23-2010, 03:47 PM

Good luck mama, fingers crossed for your home birth!

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#4 of 12 Old 08-24-2010, 12:29 AM - Thread Starter

Well my water didn't break and I am still prego. I was sure it did and my midwife didn't check me till I was about to go into the hospital. I was so upset that I even checked myself with the strip. So my midwife and doula left. I feel so bad and dissapointed cause I told everyone my water broke and everyone keeps asking if the baby is here. I drank 6oz of castrol oi, blue and black cohosh. My stomach is so upset. I even pumped for a few hours so my nipples are so sore. I am still only 1cm

The funny thing is I am having ctx now. Oh well...going to bed (hopfully) cause I am so tired.

Rebecca~mama to DD1-Alyssa 6/05, DD2-Kaylin 8/08, and new edition DD3-Reyana 8/10.
#5 of 12 Old 08-24-2010, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh no! That is so disappointing. Maybe it did break a little, but resealed itself. Maybe not, but you could at least tell yourself that so that you don't feel like you're losing your mind!

Here's hoping you go into labor today!

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

#6 of 12 Old 08-24-2010, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evie's Mama View Post
Oh no! That is so disappointing. Maybe it did break a little, but resealed itself. Maybe not, but you could at least tell yourself that so that you don't feel like you're losing your mind!

Here's hoping you go into labor today!
My stomach sure feels different. Its not as streched out as before, maybe the baby just dropped lower? I am not going to be doing any of the castrol oil again. I am just hoping to go into labor or on the 28th will be going into the hospital. Can't believe none of that stuff worked. Its not like I am early, I am 41+4 days.

I just don't understand, my body is not doing anything at all.

#7 of 12 Old 08-26-2010, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarmomof3 View Post
My stomach sure feels different. Its not as streched out as before, maybe the baby just dropped lower? I am not going to be doing any of the castrol oil again. I am just hoping to go into labor or on the 28th will be going into the hospital. Can't believe none of that stuff worked. Its not like I am early, I am 41+4 days.

I just don't understand, my body is not doing anything at all.
DDCC... But please make sure you're taking CASTOR oil, not Castrol oil! VERY different things.

Hope your little one decides it's time soon!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#8 of 12 Old 08-26-2010, 09:05 AM

DDC crashing too...

If your water really does break .... avoid vaginal exams, drink emergen-c, take your temp orally every 2-3 hours to watch for infection...

Congrats on your soon-to-be home waterbirth!!!!!
#9 of 12 Old 08-26-2010, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Well my midwife didn't check me till we were about to go to the hospital and it didn't break. So I feel stupid. She had me take 6oz of castol oil and take blue and black cohosh to get labor going. Which didn't do anything. So now I have to have a hospital birth this saturday and I am so upset I don't get my home birth.

#10 of 12 Old 08-26-2010, 02:58 PM

I'm so sorry mama! Maybe your body will decide it's time before Saturday. Could you still have your homebirth if you go into labor today or tomorrow?

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

#11 of 12 Old 08-26-2010, 10:26 PM

Becca~ My mom went 3 weeks over her due date with my brother. I went 4 and 5 weeks early with my boys. The female body has a mind of its own sometimes. It may feel dissapointing right now, but as soon as you are holding your babe, be it in a house or hospital, it will all be but a distant memory

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama
#12 of 12 Old 08-27-2010, 01:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendmom View Post
Becca~ My mom went 3 weeks over her due date with my brother. I went 4 and 5 weeks early with my boys. The female body has a mind of its own sometimes. It may feel dissapointing right now, but as soon as you are holding your babe, be it in a house or hospital, it will all be but a distant memory
I know, thanks for reminding me. I am trying to calm down and relax but having 4 people stay with us in a 2bd 1bath condo, when there is already 4 people living here, is making it hard lol.

But I will surely keep you all posted as soon as she comes. Actually having ctx now so you just never know lol. Trying to think positive.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page