So, Who's Left? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 57 Old 08-30-2010, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Still waiting... 40+4

Thank God for my MW. She came over on Saturday, when I was starting to feel like there is no way my body will know what to do on it's own...she reassured me, checked on baby, hugged me, and she prayed for me. I have felt more confident and relaxed since then, but I must say, this is a very big learning experience for me. I "realize", with head knowledge, that it's "normal", and that very healthy pregnancies can go to 43 weeks, etc. It's just the wrapping your head around it when you are experiencing natural in this way, for first time.

How are all the mama's in waiting doing? I notice Meganlisbeth left our waiting club, LOL! I'm VERY happy for her! No one wants to be here for too long!

Blessings to all of you!

Blessed Christian Wife and Homeschooling Mother to 8: 17 (our 1st homeschool graduate!), 12, 11, 9, 5, 4, 2 and with blessing #9 and #10 due to arrive April 2015

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 57 Old 08-30-2010, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Mko View Post
Yeah, this is driving me nuts too. STOP ASKING ME, PEOPLE. It's so rude. Yes, I know I'm huge. I'm still not going to do jumping jacks, ride all over bumpy roads, go for 5 mile walks, eat your spicy food, or whatever else ridiculous suggestion you have for me.
nor will i ride your harley or run (that hurts just thinking about it! ). and if one more person says "that baby is right there, we could just cut your skin and the baby would pop out" I WILL pop, but it'll be an emotional explosion. Gee, are you offering to do a c-section on me right here? What an insane thing to say.

For the past 3 days I've been getting more ctx in the afternoon/early evening. then i'll go for a walk, and they'll pick up, but as soon as i'm back home they disappear. though last night i did keep getting woken up by ctx. i'd wake up, think oh i'm having a ctx, and then go right back to sleep. hopefully some progress is being made!

i'm 40w4d, maybe it's time to go check out the september board...

eta: MUCUS!!! for the past week I've suspected that I was losing small bits of mucus plug, but it was hard to tell since dh and i were having sex every day (that has gotten old fast ). well we didn't last night, and i just lost a chunk which looks identical to the other bits i was wondering about all week. So yay! I'm losing my mucus plug! Hopefully I'm dilating from all these ctx (I was 2cm last wednesday, aug 25th) and labor will be soon!

mama to DS born 9/7/05, DD born 8/20/07, DS born 9/4/10 and DS born 11/26/13

Loving our chaotic, crunchy, homeschooling life!
#33 of 57 Old 09-01-2010, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Echo...Echo...

Anyone still around? It's kind of lonely in here, LOL! I'm 41 weeks tomorrow. Sigh.

Blessed Christian Wife and Homeschooling Mother to 8: 17 (our 1st homeschool graduate!), 12, 11, 9, 5, 4, 2 and with blessing #9 and #10 due to arrive April 2015

#34 of 57 Old 09-01-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFillingQuiver View Post
Echo...Echo...

Anyone still around? It's kind of lonely in here, LOL! I'm 41 weeks tomorrow. Sigh.

Still here too No signs of impending labor so it might be another week or so.

~Beth~
Mom to 3 sweet girls
#35 of 57 Old 09-01-2010, 11:43 AM

Still here. 40+4.

Mama to DS1 (2/08) and DS2 (9/10).
#36 of 57 Old 09-01-2010, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Well, as happy as I am to have company, I'm sorry any other August mama's are waiting.

I'm thankful that we have apparently well-nourished, happy, healthy, plump little ones!

I've yet to read that it's a "problem" to deliver a very well made (not talking post maturity here) baby...it just means they are thriving on mama on the inside!

I'm ready to get on some thriving on the outside, but glad I have no health problems to force this baby out sooner, and h/she seems to be as happy as a clam in there..very active, I have lots of fluid, -1 station and ready, etc.

Hope all of you are feeling well. I couldn't be more blessed with how well I'm doing this far along. I've had pregnancies where I felt far worse months ago..and this baby has been bigger for quite some time.

Anyway, be blessed ladies, and I pray the very best healthy, speedy and safe deliveries of your little miracles!

#37 of 57 Old 09-01-2010, 08:39 PM

I'm still here. I'll be 41 weeks tomorrow. Tomorrow I go in for a non stress test. I figure it'll go fine. I'm having no health problems, my baby is active and I have plenty of fluid. But I am a little nervous about it, never had one before. This is now the longest pregnancy I've had. OK, not by much. My first baby was born at 40w6d.

It's only in the past week that DH has been really wanting to discuss names. I think we're down to Joshua David for a boy and Kaela Elizabeth for a girl. I just want to hold this baby!!! I'm suddenly worrying about what kind of hassle I'll have to deal with if I go past 42 weeks, but I'm trying to just not think about it. It probably won't come up, I should wait and worry about it IF it happens, not now.

MyFillingQuiver- I was just over in the due date predictions thread and noticed we both have the same EDD and the same prediction of 9/1! Hopefully one of us will be right.

#38 of 57 Old 09-01-2010, 10:22 PM

i'm still here too.

42 weeks tomorrow.

cruising aug and sept boards now.
can't wait to post that i've had my healthly baby!!
#39 of 57 Old 09-02-2010, 01:20 AM

I'm still here. I guess I'll start reading the September DDC. 9 days late so far.

Live and love with your whole being.
#40 of 57 Old 09-02-2010, 04:49 PM

I am also still waiting - 40w2d today. My first came at 41w1d, so I know I could have a bit of a wait still, but I am so ready...
#41 of 57 Old 09-02-2010, 05:43 PM

hi Mamas,

just wanted to stop by and offer my love and support. The waiting is so hard! Also to let you know that even tho this baby was a week longer on the inside than my first, (and I am sure about my dates, I was charting for both) this one had a lot more signs of being "earlier" like lots of vernix, and lanugo -is that the right word? You know the fine hair on the body? So clearly she had her reasons for waiting, even tho I could tell she was bigger than DS1, and *I*was so ready...so these little ones know what they are doing, even when it's so hard to wait.

Blessings and good luck Mamas! you won't be pregnant forever!

Wife to Bear - Mom to DS 7, gifted with SPD and DD 2, a Joybunny!
#42 of 57 Old 09-03-2010, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchfork View Post
you won't be pregnant forever!
I keep repeating this to myself. I won't be pregnant forever. I won't be pregnant forever. I won't be pregnant forever.

#43 of 57 Old 09-03-2010, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

I'm still here, as well. I'm 41+1 today. Not much else to say. I think my faith is going to be really necessary here, as I'm starting to doubt that after all the tinkering OB's have done with my birth processes, that my body actually KNOWS what to do on it's own..lots of faith needed.

You are all in my prayers ladies, and I do hope these babies arrive for all of us very soon!

#44 of 57 Old 09-03-2010, 02:41 PM

I had mine at 41+3, so I know how you ladies feel. Hang in there! I hated everyone looking at me like I was a bomb due to go off, or a landmine that might explode if I ate the wrong (or right) thing. Sigh. Try to take some belly Picts, after all, you (hopefully) will never be quite this large ever again. (future kids are supposed to come earlier, right? Wasn't true for me but it's nice to think that way anyway.)

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!
#45 of 57 Old 09-03-2010, 05:01 PM

Still here too. I went shopping at Costco two days ago and thought it had started labor... but it petered out. Had a great appointment with the midwife yesterday and this girl is looking great, both of us are healthy with no issues. I think it may be another week yet, but it would be fun to have a labor day baby

~Beth~
Mom to 3 sweet girls
#46 of 57 Old 09-04-2010, 01:39 PM

hi- just wanted to find some support from other mamas with babies who may be a bit too comfy in there. i was due on aug 18th, so i am 42w 3d today. it has been somewhat tough mentally but i am trying really hard to stay positive. i am planning a homebirth so my midwife will let me go as long as the baby is healthy and i am doing fine. i do have to go 2x week for nst and an ultrasound every week. it was strange getting my first ultrasound at 41 weeks. oh well. i know baby will eventually be here but sometimes i do doubt this.
#47 of 57 Old 09-05-2010, 12:26 PM

i'm right there with you girl my EDD was 8.19.10 so i'm 42 + 3 today...

going to see the midwife again to see if i've progressed at all.
they haven't had me do the ultrasound or stress test....i wonder if that's coming up today?

please stay in touch on your progress!

we will make it!
#48 of 57 Old 09-05-2010, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Still here. 41+3 today. I talked to my MW, and I have a BPP scheduled for Tuesday if I don't deliver by then. I REALLY am not looking forward to that, because I SO wanted to avoid all things medical this time. I haven't had any testing and blah blah blah, and now a big fat one.

Of course, I want to make sure baby is safe and healthy. So, we do what we need to do. I just pray I deliver before then..for lots of reasons. I'm still doing well, and baby is quite active.

Hope you are all well, and in active labor as I type this out!

#49 of 57 Old 09-06-2010, 10:12 AM

Still here too, 42w 5d. Having some stronger ctx but they are still sporadic and spaced out. Really hoping to go today. My midwife wanted to sweep my membranes yesterday and I declined. I asked her to hold off at least until Wed (43w). Been listening to Hypnobabies track Come OUT, Baby at least twice a day. We are ready to meet our little one!
#50 of 57 Old 09-06-2010, 10:57 AM

I'm still here. 42 weeks tomorrow. I'm so ready. I'm going to try some nipple stimulation and see if that makes things get going.

#51 of 57 Old 09-06-2010, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

I'm here too. Not much else to say, I guess. My MW is even getting antsy. I love her to death, but it's a little annoying. I am NOT responsible for holding this baby in..isn't that part of the whole surrender to birth argument? I have surrendered to the birth date that (barring any health issue) God/baby has chosen for us? I don't want to be told to start castor oil again..grrr...I'm NOT doing castor oil!

Why would I? I have done the cohosh's and homeopathics to bring on labor. I got great contractions from them the first time I used them, then they eventually died off, and I got nothing from 2 days worth of gentle use the second time. It's clear my body (I'm dilated, effaced and VERY squishy-just posterior) is not receptive to "natural induction methods" and I really don't want the craps to irritate my roids' for no reason! I'm DONE pretending I control the birth day. If I want that, I'll go back to the hospital.

Rant over.

#52 of 57 Old 09-06-2010, 02:04 PM

I'm here. 41 weeks today. If I don't have him in a week its an automatic c section for me , as I'm a vbac.
#53 of 57 Old 09-06-2010, 08:47 PM

I am here still too 41 +3 which happens to be the same amount of days past my due date as my longest pregnancy. I really thought that I would have the baby today, but looks like she has other plans.

Now that she has taken this long, I almost wish that she will just wait till the end of the week. I have a few fun things I can do with the girls this week and would love to get some more 1 on 1 time with them before the baby changes things up.

MyFillingQuiver thank you for sharing your experience with natural induction this time around. I have been feeling the pressure to induce naturally as well. It makes it easier to just say no and "surrender" to when the time is right.

~Beth~
Mom to 3 sweet girls
#54 of 57 Old 09-08-2010, 11:01 AM

Okay well now I don't feel so alone. Still fed up with not having this baby yet...but not so lonely.

My husband said we should "give out prizes for whoever holds out the longest."

We're seeing our midwife today. She had a birth last night and I was praying to finally go into labor last night...guess there's a reason why I didn't.
Maybe seeing her today will encourage this kid to come out.

Wife to a bearded dude.
Mama to DS [05/21/08] & DD [09/16/10] 43 weeks 1 day!
#55 of 57 Old 09-08-2010, 06:20 PM

I'm 42+1 at the moment. Hoping hoping hoping that something happens soon. I will probably be inducing if I make it to 43 weeks. Please come out, baby!

#56 of 57 Old 09-08-2010, 06:27 PM

41 +5 today. Had a bit of a breakdown last night. Totally due to all the uninformed negative stuff about "endangering" your baby if you go past your due date.

It helped to read my birth books again and let my brain reprocess that everything really is okay. The funny part about it is that I have been feeling so good these past weeks and not having anything too strong happening that I was worried something was wrong.

Just had to remember that our bodies are made to do this and those babies may need a little longer to cook, but they will come at the right time.

~Beth~
Mom to 3 sweet girls
#57 of 57 Old 09-08-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughymama View Post

My husband said we should "give out prizes for whoever holds out the longest."
In this DDC I think AutumnAir would take that prize. I think she was 43+6! Talk about serious patience! I'm pretty sure her birth story is posted somewhere here. Here's hoping all you overdue Aug mama's have babies in arms soon. Labor vibes your way

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page