So, Who's Left? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 57 Old 08-26-2010, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
As we approach the end of August, it seems most of the babies have been born!

I have to say I was surprised (in a good way) at how many pre-due date babes were born to this DDC! It's always nice to not have to wait longer than our minds have been told is "expected"!

Today is my due date, and not sure who, if anyone, is left with their babe on the interior!

If there are any mama's left waiting, how are you feeling? How is your mind and body handling all of it, particularly if you are going way "over"? Are you doing anything to help bring baby out, or waiting completely on him/her to choose their birthday?

AFM, I'm doing fine. I'm remarkably comfortable for this stage-not that I don't have complaints...but just that I feel blessed to not be majorly suffering. I have bouts of very convincing prodromal labor..which makes it harder to wait, yet has been doing some good in my body. It seems I'm carrying a very large baby, so I'm trying to not let that hinder my view of the birth to come.

Praying for all the mama's that are still waiting to birth, and many many blessings to the mama's who have delivered their healthy babies already!

Blessed Christian Wife and Homeschooling Mother to 8: 17 (our 1st homeschool graduate!), 12, 11, 9, 5, 4, 2 and with blessing #9 and #10 due to arrive April 2015

#2 of 57 Old 08-26-2010, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm left... my due date was Tuesday. Funny how I know due dates aren't totally accurate and I could go another week or so, but wow, passing that date put me in a whole different mental state. Doesn't help that baby's already measuring 9lbs... I know that's not completely accurate, either, but considering my husband and his siblings all ranged from 9-10.8, I'm getting a bit anxious Trying hard not to be cranky and to enjoy the last few days with my husband.

#3 of 57 Old 08-26-2010, 12:29 PM

I'm left.

My due date was Sunday. It's completely accurate - I did fertility treatments.

I am so impatient and sad that baby isn't here yet.

I'm drinking RRL tea, had my membranes swept Monday, lost my plug today...

Blah.

Once again, Chesapeake me!
#4 of 57 Old 08-26-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinches View Post
I'm left.

My due date was Sunday. It's completely accurate - I did fertility treatments.

I am so impatient and sad that baby isn't here yet.

I'm drinking RRL tea, had my membranes swept Monday, lost my plug today...

Blah.
if you lost your plug you could be close! I lost my plug with bloody show on a Wedensday and had a babe in arms Friday morning.

Crunchy Christian Wife and Mommy to awesome DH and DD1 (4/25/07) and DD2 (8/13/10)
#5 of 57 Old 08-26-2010, 01:07 PM

I'm here. My due date is today. I'm feeling pretty good. Though kind of tired today cause I didn't get much sleep the past two nights. It wasn't even ctx related, I just went to bed late (11pm) last night and woke up early (4:30am) to pee and couldn't go back to sleep. While I hoped (doesn't everyone? ) to be a little early this time, the day I hit 39 weeks (I really didn't expect anything to happen before that) I got the flu, so I didn't even think about baby coming (other than hoping he/she didn't) for the whole week.

But now I'm 40 weeks and ready for this baby to come! At my appt yesterday I was 2cm (got curious ), which... doesn't really tell me anything. both my kids came in this next week (40w6d and 40w1d), so hopefully this one will be here soon. My inlaws are coming into town saturday evening (dropping family off at the airport) and staying a day or two. I really would like to have the baby before that. or wait till after they go home, not that i want to wait that long. i just don't want to deal with laboring with them in the house. it would just make me feel like a watched pot, you know? so i am trying to encourage labor a bit. EPO, RRL, sex, walking.

mama to DS born 9/7/05, DD born 8/20/07, DS born 9/4/10 and DS born 11/26/13

Loving our chaotic, crunchy, homeschooling life!
#6 of 57 Old 08-26-2010, 01:39 PM

I am still here too! My EDD was Friday the 20th. I am trying really hard to not get stressed about not having this baby yet. My sister came last week to be here to see this baby and we are getting closer to her departure day. I have lots of ctx during the day but nothing ever seems to stick. I will be 41 weeks tomorrow. My other have been 41w3d, 40w2d and 40w5 days so this is all normal for me, but not any easier. The kids are getting anxious, which doesn't help. Just trying to remember that every day that goes by means I am one day closer to seeing this sweet little one!

Island mama to DD (10), DS (5), DS (4) and DD (Aug 31 '10)
#7 of 57 Old 08-26-2010, 02:23 PM

I am still here too. I will be 42 weeks on friday and in the state of Alaska, if you go over 42 weeks you can not have a home birth so I am pretty upset. Now I have to write out a birth plan for the hospital. I just had a really bad experience at the hospital with my first child but that was in Vegas so hopefully here there not too bad. So if I don't go into labor anytime soon then I will be induced on the 28th.

Rebecca~mama to DD1-Alyssa 6/05, DD2-Kaylin 8/08, and new edition DD3-Reyana 8/10.
#8 of 57 Old 08-26-2010, 03:07 PM

i'm here too- a week past the EDD today.

i feel good- have been having contractions every evening around 8ish for an hour or two...

i feel huge and the baby is moving/stretching quite a bit.

we've tried hiking, sex, RRL tea and ice cubes- i already take EPO twice a day and cell salts. we'll do some nipple stim today and see what happens...

if not, there is a great old B&W movie playing a the art museum that we're gonna hit up if labor doesn't start before 5 today.

good luck to all!
#9 of 57 Old 08-26-2010, 04:13 PM

I'm here. My due date was Tuesday so I'm 2 days "late". My first son was born 10 days late and my second was 4 days late, so this is normal for me. It still sucks.

Mentally I am so done with pregnancy.

Live and love with your whole being.
#10 of 57 Old 08-26-2010, 04:17 PM

I'm here! EDD is tomorrow. I felt like crud earlier this week, but after a few days of almost complete rest I finally got my energy back yesterday. Since my first two went at least a week past their EDD I figured this one would be the same, but it has not made it any easier.

School starts for us next week, and since my DH works at a school, these next few weeks are going to be stressful as it is. So even though the wait would be hard... I am really hoping this girl stays in until the labor day weekend. It would be nice to have at least that weekend before we have to figure out how to juggle the newborn and kids with work that he has to do.

~Beth~
Mom to 3 sweet girls
#11 of 57 Old 08-26-2010, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I've had all kinds of drama over the past week. I'm having pretty significant prodromal labor, often my contractions are two minutes apart for hours on end and I am not able to talk/communicate during contractions. So my midwife totally agrees that this is rather a nightmare. I started having major leaking of fluid and we thought it was amniotic fluid and for uhm no good reason my midwife put me on a timer and we ended up in the hospital where I was told, "Not amniotic fluid... go home." My doula is being less than supportive and I'm thinking about firing her. I'm 40 weeks either as of yesterday or tomorrow and either way this is the longest I've ever been pregnant. I thought second babies came faster!

So yeah. I'm here. Waiting. Contracting. Whining.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

#12 of 57 Old 08-26-2010, 05:46 PM

Me.... EDD was August 5th. I'm 43 weeks pregnant today (very soon to be 43+1). Again!!

Although I was prepared to go late this time around after DD was born at 43+1 last time, I really thought this baby would come at least a few days earlier - second babies are supposed to, aren't they? Today has been very emotionally trying for me.

Lisa - mama to Eleanor Rose 01/08 and Saoirse Lily 09/10
#13 of 57 Old 08-26-2010, 08:45 PM

I'm still here. My EDD was yesterday, I'm planning an HBA3C. I woke up last night around 2:30am with some pretty strong contractions that made me get out of bed. I'm still having contractions about every 8 minutes or so, they hurt way down front and kind of in my bowels a bit, but not my back. I lost my mucus plug and had a little spotting this morning so I'm hoping this is really it and not prodromal labor.
I'm feeling kind of grumpy right now, but making it. My contractions really haven't gotten that much closer together and I'm afraid it's going to be a long night/day tomorrow. I'm praying that things either die down or pick up this evening.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one left, although I think if I were 42 or 43 weeks I would be close to nuts.

--Erin

Wife to a wonderful husband, mom to 5 amazing boys, 2 m/c and Knox Cornelius our 5th son born at 15weeks 12/3/2011, Lillian Faith our 1st daughter, born at 14 weeks May 19, 2012 (Turner Syndrome). 

#14 of 57 Old 08-26-2010, 10:36 PM

I'm due on the 31st For me time is flying!!

Mama to Noah (3) and Rebekah (09/2/10) femalesling.GIF
#15 of 57 Old 08-27-2010, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaLura View Post
I'm due on the 31st For me time is flying!!
This pregnancy has flown by to me, as well..until the last 3 weeks. It's been my fastest ever..turn around and I was in the 3rd trimester...There is something psychological for me about getting to "full term", though. I know how unlikely it is that I would birth in the 37th week..and even the 38th, etc., but to know I am "full term" makes me all prepared too early.

I'm very humbled by you, AutumnAir! I could learn a lot from your level of patience. I only wish I would have never been "messed with" by OB's..because then I would view hitting and going beyond my due date with no real "cut off" discussed as normal, healthy and a good thing, rather than some kind of problem!

I hope all of you deliver very, very soon! I know we are all ready when baby is...so bring it on!

Blessed Christian Wife and Homeschooling Mother to 8: 17 (our 1st homeschool graduate!), 12, 11, 9, 5, 4, 2 and with blessing #9 and #10 due to arrive April 2015

#16 of 57 Old 08-27-2010, 03:03 AM

me! me! i'm due the 28th, and will likely be induced that day due to insulin dependent gestational diabetes. i've been doing everything i can to avoid it, but as of this morning my cervix was still too closed at the top to even do a sweep. it's apparently nice and soft and opening up, but baby's head is still a bit high. i've been doing lots of acupuncture, moxibustion (she's a bit on the posterior side), drinking gross teas, internal EPO... you name it.

hang in there, mamas! we'll meet our babes soon!

xo
megan
#17 of 57 Old 08-27-2010, 06:25 PM

Still here! Yesterday we had a huge wind storm, and I contracted through the whole thing, but they died out as soon as the winds did. Oh well. I like to think it'll just mean things will move faster when it really happens. Whenever that might be...

Veggie, babywearing, cloth diapering, lactivist, intactivist, 2x HBAC, non-vaccing nurse and doula, wife of my babies' sweet Dada, Momma of 3 with another coming mid summer.

#18 of 57 Old 08-27-2010, 10:38 PM

this is the first time I had a date to get a 'real' due date from... still I wish I'd used my head and told them later than it was, in EU I think its officially 41 or 42 week that is the due date, so I wish I'd moved my date to match theirs! I was the 21st, so waiting, acupuncture, rrl tea, epo, cuz I do not want the stupid ultrasound they demand if you are 'late'!!! my husband says it happens when it happens, but only american women get harassed like this if we are 'late".... should pool all natural births in US for how long they really were, how many days of pre labor and all that.
#19 of 57 Old 08-28-2010, 03:46 PM

Still here! Starting to get frustrated and a bit depressed. I don't want to go out because I don't want to see anybody I know and deal with the constant OhMyGodYouAreStillPregnant's. Yes people I know. Thank you very much. 8 days after EDD today. Starting to feel like a watched kettle. I scheduled an acupuncture appt for tomorrow am. Hoping that it works. I've never done acupuncture before, so I'm very curious about it!
Hope everyone else out there in overdue land is having a good day!

Island mama to DD (10), DS (5), DS (4) and DD (Aug 31 '10)
#20 of 57 Old 08-28-2010, 04:48 PM

still here---41 + 2- my first so i guess to be expected.

bad mood today for once as i am just getting sick of figuring out what to do with myself everyday.
the waiting to know how the labor will go, what it will be like to hold him/her is intense.

DH is amazing though and ready/willing to do all that i need. go to the ocean or another movie--that is the question...i guess well, i know we're lucky and i should be grateful.

starting to feel better- hope you all are too!
#21 of 57 Old 08-28-2010, 06:06 PM

I'm still here too...due date was yesterday, but so many people told me I would be early, I let myself get psyched out. So now I feel "late" even though it's only a day!

I too have had tons of prodromal labor for well over a week now...daytime, waking me at night, etc. hard not to think "this is it" every time... Reading this thread really helped, Mamas.

It's amazing how hard this is, and I can't even really say why. my first was 2 days before his due date, so I didn't feel this last time. Sigh.

glad you all are out there, blessings and gentle births, and gentle waiting to you all.

Wife to Bear - Mom to DS 7, gifted with SPD and DD 2, a Joybunny!
#22 of 57 Old 08-28-2010, 06:29 PM

i'm 40w2d now. seems like prodromal labor has started, so maybe it'll be soon. though no bloody show or mucus plug yet. everythings ready. dh and i are cleaning the house today, i guess i'm nesting even if i am sharing the work. the inlaws come into town this evening, hopefully it will be a distraction rather than a pressure to 'perform'. i hope this doesn't turn out to be a september baby... even though over on the birthdate predictions thread, i guessed 9/1.

mama to DS born 9/7/05, DD born 8/20/07, DS born 9/4/10 and DS born 11/26/13

Loving our chaotic, crunchy, homeschooling life!
#23 of 57 Old 08-28-2010, 07:33 PM

I may have to join the September club if this baby doesn't come in a few days lol. I am 42+1 weeks and just waiting....

Rebecca~mama to DD1-Alyssa 6/05, DD2-Kaylin 8/08, and new edition DD3-Reyana 8/10.
#24 of 57 Old 08-28-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanislandmama View Post
Still here! Starting to get frustrated and a bit depressed. I don't want to go out because I don't want to see anybody I know and deal with the constant OhMyGodYouAreStillPregnant's. Yes people I know.
Yeah, this is driving me nuts too. STOP ASKING ME, PEOPLE. It's so rude. Yes, I know I'm huge. I'm still not going to do jumping jacks, ride all over bumpy roads, go for 5 mile walks, eat your spicy food, or whatever else ridiculous suggestion you have for me.

Also, I promise I will update people when I have the baby. You can stop asking if I'm in labor.

I find the stranger's questions way more rude though. I would never ask a pregnant woman when she was due then gasp when she says she was due almost a week ago. So rude and unhelpful.

Live and love with your whole being.
#25 of 57 Old 08-29-2010, 10:27 AM

"I accept the process of this baby and this pregnancy. I accept the process of this baby and this pregnancy."

I kept telling myself this as I went for my "staying active" walk this morning...

yes, this may be a September baby for me too...which meses up my boy name, which is August.

We managed to have sex last night too, and later in the evening I had some massive contractions, much different from the rest of the prodromal stuff I've been experiencing. Then nothing. I think it just feels embarrassing to have had so much prodromal stuff. like I'm crying wolf...Silly, I know. It's not like I'm calling the midwife every other minute. and she and my TCM are being so sweet. TCM says "Apple will drop from tree when ready"

Good luck mamas!

#26 of 57 Old 08-29-2010, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

I, too, am really trying to stay positive and focused here. Truth is, all (with the exception of my 1st VERY sick pregnancy born @ 34 weeks) my babies have been evicted before their chosen birthday's, so I might as well be a first time mom as far as knowing how long I gestate. I'm 40+3 today.

I hear you on the prodromal. I can go for hours with contractions that make me breathe through them...my husband, I think, is the one I feel the worst for. He's incredibly type-A (even more than I am) and this is so hard for him to get excited and then stay up till' 2 am with my contractions and frequent, loose, BM's, then nothing....I know it could still be another week or more.

I'm not actually over focused on it, but it makes it harder to hear that I could be "holding this baby in" mentally..what do you want me to do, people? I talk to him/her, am so very ready, I'm accepting and not fearful, etc

Anyway, I know it will happen when it happens. I'm trying to live in faith and surrender to that. I've been measuring over 40 weeks for 4 weeks now, so to say that I'm "ripe" and ready is an understatement, LOL!

My prayers to all of you for soon, quick and healthy deliveries and babes!

#27 of 57 Old 08-29-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Mko View Post
Yeah, this is driving me nuts too. STOP ASKING ME, PEOPLE. It's so rude. Yes, I know I'm huge. I'm still not going to do jumping jacks, ride all over bumpy roads, go for 5 mile walks, eat your spicy food, or whatever else ridiculous suggestion you have for me.
I attended a baby shower yesterday and one person mentioned jumping on a trampoline. And everyone was talking about having sex being the key. It's funny how everyone is so sure they have the trick that will work. I had to laugh at the trampoline idea, I cannot imagine big me on a trampoline.

~Beth~
Mom to 3 sweet girls
#28 of 57 Old 08-29-2010, 03:36 PM

today i had a friend call both myself and DH and ask us to call her back- she called super early and it sounded important-

so i had DH call her to see what's up- she said that she was worried about me because 'that baby is getting bigger everyday' and that i better be ready for an episiotomy and that we should induce ASAP to avoid that...!!! (i am 41 + 3 today)

DH had her on speaker and i had intended not to say anything but after what she said i couldn't help myself and let her know that 'no' i would not be having an epi because my midwife wouldn't do that and that yes, i may tear but that my midwife would coach me on how when to push, help me stretch etc...

she said 'oh okay, well does your midwife know if the baby is head down in the canal?!?'

which seems like such a silly question to me but i answered "yes" the babe has been down for weeks now and promptly said thanks for being concerned and got off the phone...

this is the first person i've dealt with who has been this intense and made me pissed- she has now earned 'no call back status' until labor is over....

just had to share...

PS. we also were thinking of the name 'august' - now i'm thinking that the babe doesn't like that name too much and that is the hold up...

thank goodnees for this forum to vent!
#29 of 57 Old 08-29-2010, 03:48 PM

Trampoline!?!?!?!! and I thought I'd heard it all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFillingQuiver View Post
but it makes it harder to hear that I could be "holding this baby in" mentally..what do you want me to do, people? I talk to him/her, am so very ready !
ditto, although I had a bit of a cry this morning, my last almost died after delivery, and suddenly I started wondering if I was holding back, especially because of the prodromal stuff. but you know, I have done so much to clear out and accept my last experience, I really don't think so. So I just talked to baby, and let him/her know, whenever s/he is ready...

#30 of 57 Old 08-29-2010, 10:17 PM

I'm still here. EDD was yesterday. I know I'm not overdue or anything, but I had a strong feeling that this baby would come early. My mom just got here on Friday and is staying through next weekend. I really want her here for the birth, so I am hoping baby doesn't wait too long.

Mama to DS1 (2/08) and DS2 (9/10).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page