Apt fire and STILL pregnant - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 09-03-2010, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Last Monday we lost everything when our apartment building caught on fire.
It was rough but we had a ton of loved ones and total strangers help us out. I guess when word got out that one of the tenants was 9 months pregnant people began offering tons of help for us specifically. It was amazing and a huge blessing to us. It actually got to the point that we had to turn down more help than we received.

We moved into a new place over the weekend and have restarted our life. It's been ROUGH but we're finally beginning to breathe easy again.

Well, get this...last night we had ANOTHER fire scare. Trucks showed up, evacuated the new building we are in..etc. It turned out to be a hot water heater turned up too high and steaming out of the vent but talk about STRESS.

Believe it or not, I am STILL pregnant. I am very happy about that though. We really needed that time last week to figure things out and get things settled.

So now I'm doing my best to relax, relax, relax and convince this babe that it's okay to come out now.

Send me some major relaxation vibes. I'm still feeling a bit tense but I'm slowly relaxing more each day. I'm hoping it will give this kid the green light.

Wife to a bearded dude.
Mama to DS [05/21/08] & DD [09/16/10] 43 weeks 1 day!
#2 of 11 Old 09-03-2010, 01:24 AM

Awww Relaxing vibes being sent your way!
#3 of 11 Old 09-03-2010, 02:34 AM

DDCC. We went through a fire 3 years ago where we lost everything. I can't imagine doing it 9 months pregnant. Be very gentle with yourself.
#4 of 11 Old 09-03-2010, 03:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
DDCC. Oh my goodness, mama! How horrifying. I'm so glad you are all okay but can't imagine the experience. I hope your baby will come in just the perfect timing and be a very bright spot in this difficult time.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#5 of 11 Old 09-03-2010, 11:38 AM

So happy you are all OK! What a horrific thing to go through.

You and I were "due" on the same date, and I am also still pregnant. It seems there are 3 of us due on the 26th that are still hanging out..must be a date that makes for comfy and relaxed utero lovers, LOL!

Many prayers for you as you rebuild your life, and welcome the baby soon!

Blessed Christian Wife and Mother to 5 +Oliver James-Our 10 lb 9 oz born Labor Day 2010!
#6 of 11 Old 09-03-2010, 12:33 PM

HOw awful! So glad you are okay! Hopefully you can get some R&R now that you're settled.

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#7 of 11 Old 09-03-2010, 01:07 PM

So stressful for you! Now that things are settled a bit, I'm sure your babe will decide to come soon. Happy re-nesting!

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!
#8 of 11 Old 09-03-2010, 02:06 PM

Wow I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how stressful and horrible that would be.

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#9 of 11 Old 09-03-2010, 03:00 PM

Wow, how stressful! I hope things calm down for you as you welcome your baby.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#10 of 11 Old 09-03-2010, 10:21 PM

DDCC

What an experience! And then the fire scare on top of everything! You are in my thoughts, mama! I will be watching for your birth story!

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
#11 of 11 Old 09-04-2010, 02:46 PM

OMGosh, Mama! I am so sorry!! I'm glad you and your family are ok and that you are settling into your new place. That must have been so scary to have a fire scare. Take care of yourself and I'm sure now that you know its ok for baby to come, s/he will.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page