Postpartum Thread 9/3-9/9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-03-2010, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll start this week since I didnt' see one already.

How is everyone? THe boys go back to school in 4 days, woohoo! THey are bored out of their minds with not being able to do much now that there is a newborn.

I'm still leaking milk everywhere! It squirts on its own accord at this point. I'm going to start pumping as I have to resume teaching my classes beginning of Oct. It's only 2-3 classes a week, but I have to be gone about 2 hours for each one to get the studio set up and be there for students once class is over. I'm so nervous about where my body is right now. I can't even go half way into a forward fold.

We started in earnest with the cloth diapers yesterday. SHe never lost any weight, but even at about 9 pounds she still can't fit into the Fuzzi Bunz size sm I have for her. I had to go get a few diaper covers and a dozen infant prefolds until she can get into the FB. SHe leaks through pretty fast, as she's a voracious nurser. Night time is also hit and miss depending on if she's hit a little growth spurt and needs to nurse all night long, or gets upset because she just wants to sleep and feels I'm to close to her. I think the smell of the milk keeps her from totally falling asleep, if this makes sense.

That's it for now, I get to go in and get my hiar done this afternoon. I'm REALLY looking forward to having my hair washed and head massaged. I could use some time without Jardin attached to my body.

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 09-03-2010, 04:52 PM

Robert will be 3 weeks tomorrow and I am still getting used to the idea of having him in our family. It's so weird. I was waiting for his arrival for so long. After I had a miscarriage last year I was dreaming about a baby and now when I have him in my arms everything seems so surreal. I can't believe, I am a mom of two now and that I have a little boy to raise. It's exciting and overwhelming at the same time. I guess it's my hormones speaking. I thought I had PPD, that's how bad my hormones hit me on third day after birth. I lacked support and it throwed me even deeper in depression. But all is batter now and I feel like myself most of the time.
I am bored sometimes as I haven't figured out yet how to manage with two. I know I need to change a lot of things. I also need to let go of things like house and baking, which I really enjoyed doing. This is where I am emotionally.
Physically, I can't believe I gave birth just 3 weeks ago. My lochia has been gone for 10 days now, my 1st degree tear healed on day 4, it looked just like a little red/pink line and I've been meaning to look how it all looks now but have no time to myself in the bathroom. My 2.5 y old is always on radar of where I go I do kegels and really want to start working on loosing some tummy. I feel strong and it's so amazing how much easier the postpartum and birth are this time.
As for nursing, I leak a lot but not as bad as with DD and overall it's much nicer. When milk comes in it hurts but it's normal. DS is a good nurser and already looks so much chubbier.
Well, the not so fun thing is that the baby has some gas issues. One day he is pooping and peeing and rarely fusses, on the next day he poops only twice and then I see he is uncomfortable. In no way, it's colic or at least if it is then a very mild case. Still, seems like I can do nothing ti help him. my diet is good, I massage his tummy and try to hold him a lot. Ohh the poop obsession stage is here!
#3 of 5 Old 09-04-2010, 10:16 AM

My guy is 2 weeks today. He is doing fantastically. Took him in to see a family practitioner Thursday for his newborn screen. Just realized we forgot about the PKU test. Thankfully the fp was very accepting of my non-vaxing. I think it helped that DH and I went in together. We normally see another fp in the practice for our other kids, but he isn't taking any new patients. He's really laid back and cool about our choices. I was worried that we wouldn't be so lucky this time.

My kids are still excited about their new little brother. Tandem nursing is going ok. DS1 has actually gotten a better latch from watching DS2 nurse. Although, sometimes DS2 isn't latched very well. Night time nursing with DS2 has been the worst time for his latch, because we're both so sleepy. He is a good sleeper though. Possibly a little too good at times.

I'm also starting to pump some to prepare for going back to school. I'm supposed to go back the end of Nov, so I have a good amount of time to stock up. I'll be gone about 15 hours a week or so. I'm excited to go back and finish, but I'm also not looking forward to being away from my kids again. Especially DS2.
#4 of 5 Old 09-05-2010, 02:12 AM

My baby is 6 weeks old today! I can't believe it!

I weighed and measured him today and was shocked -- he was 9 lbs 13 oz. Not too crazy, except he was 8 lbs 15 oz on Monday and 8 lbs 1 oz the Tuesday before that. So he's gone up nearly 2 lbs in 2 weeks! He was 6 lbs 14 oz at birth (3 weeks early) and didn't pass his birth weight for 3 weeks. But he's virtually gone up 3 lbs in 3 weeks. Crazy! He's also up to 22 inches (from 19.5) and head 15" (from 13.5"). He's certainly catching up from his slow start.

Mama to Peter (3/8/04), Leo (3/12/06), Timothy (7/24/10), and boy #4 due on the summer solstice 2014
#5 of 5 Old 09-05-2010, 09:34 PM

We're on day 12 now. DH goes back to work tomorrow so we'll be on our own from then. I'm a little overwhelmed at the thought. DH has been great this time around. He's been really working hard around here but he's pretty oblivious to the need to keep that up even after he goes back to work (in spite of my best efforts to communicate this in every way I know how). Plus, DS2 is NOT sleeping well. He's pretty coliky and is really bothered by reflux and can't lie flat and stay asleep. I'm not getting more than three, maybe four hours cumulative sleep a night. So I admit to being a bit anxious about this coming week. So far, my emotions have been pretty stable, but, we'll see. I've had ppd both times previously and if I continue with the lack of sleep plus lose support this week, I feel like it'll be a short trip back down that dark road.

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page