Postpartum Thread 9/27-10/3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-27-2010, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Another new week!

Mama to Peter (3/8/04), Leo (3/12/06), Timothy (7/24/10), and boy #4 due on the summer solstice 2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 09-29-2010, 05:45 PM

We have been busy lately. We're still adjusting to our new little one, but are finally starting to re-grasp the concept of a routine. In some ways, better than we had before. I'm realizing how easy it can be to create a routine for our littlest and am hoping that I can get him on a good one before I go back to school. I start back Nov 30th. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.

He is so amazing, though. He is alert and wide awake. He laughs and smiles! When he's laying on the floor he twists from side to side. I'm hoping to start elimination communication with him the 2nd week of October. My girls have the 1st week off and we're taking a trip and having visitors so I figured it'd be better to wait til the chaos is over. I have tried a little bit already though. His older brother wants to use the potty every time I try and have him use it, but he hasn't used it yet. I have him in a snappi and prefold whenever I can to get an idea of how often he eliminates but also to try and catch him in time to try and use the potty. I haven't quite learned his cues yet though, because I haven't been able to let him hang out like that much.

I still have plenty of weight to lose. I gain a lot during pregnancy. I'm planning to start taking daily walks and stuff when things calm down as well as get back to doing some yoga. I don't care as much about the weight as I care about the strength of my muscles.
#3 of 3 Old 09-29-2010, 09:42 PM

Doing pretty well here overall, DS is much happier and less fussy than a few weeks ago, he is sleeping pretty well (usually get a stretch of 4-6 hours in each night now). Having our wrap really helps for going out and about, although a heat wave this week has made things very challenging as he was too hot to sleep and got cranky. Trying to get out and about for shopping, visits, or other errands a few times a week to get him more used to it.

EC is going well, we started out mostly catching pees but now we are doing pretty well on the poo front. He poos during/after pretty much every time we nurse, sometimes the first part of the poo is in the diaper but I catch the rest, and sometimes I catch all of it in the potty. He takes forever to poo though! He sits there and strains on the potty for several minutes while I sing him some songs. I miss the pees when he is sleeping and usually his first waking up pee (he insists on nursing first) but other than that catching a good number of the pees as well.

I had some spotting earlier today but it seems to have gone away...not sure what that is all about. I don't have any other pre-AF symptoms.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page