Oct 19-25 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-19-2010, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, it's been quiet on here! How is everyone doing?

My little guy is 2 months now. I can't believe it. He has been sleeping pretty good at night still. Only woke up once last night. He's cooing and laughing more and more and looking around. Yesterday I had him in his bouncy seat and he actually reached up to a toy on it! He's holding his head up pretty well and seems to like his little bit of belly time.

I still haven't gotten into an exercise routine or anything so I'm not really losing any weight. That's normal for me. I usually don't hit pre-pregnancy weight until my little ones are 9 months- a year old. I finally broke down and decided to buy some clothes since my "normal" ones don't fit me yet and I'm tired of wearing dh's cast offs. They make me feel frumpy. Went to good will and was really blessed. I bought 4 like new pairs of jeans, a pair of slacks, and 3 tops for myself as well as 3 pairs of pants, 2 skirts, a dress, and a top for my girls all for the same price it would've cost me to get just 3 pairs of jeans at wal mart! I still don't feel 100% myself yet. I know part of that is because of the weight. Part of it is because of the mild prolapse I have. Despite that, I have managed to get my kids' Halloween costumes half way finished. Plus I've got dd2's 7th b-day party planned. Although it's this Sat. and only one person has rsvp'd. Other girls have told her they are coming but none of their parents have called to confirm that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2010, 10:40 AM

Wow! My dd is almost 7 weeks and most nights she does really well, but she does have fussy times. She also has crazy reflux that's controlled by what I eat. My body has healed well, but I'm not eating well along with walking a lot with ds and keeping dd calm, so I've lost weight too quickly. I'm not at all adjusted like you. I'm struggling with the second and juggling everyone's needs. It gets better every week though.

Mama to Noah (3) and Rebekah (09/2/10) femalesling.GIF
Old 10-20-2010, 01:10 PM

My DD is 8 weeks and such a pleasant baby. I tell you, she is the mythical "good baby" everyone asks about and the complete opposite of her big brother. She's consistently sleeping 5-6 hours without needing a diaper or boob. She's also the most contentedly fat blob of a baby that can be set down and will just smile herself silly while I do chores or keep up with DS. Her only negative aspect is that she's a spitter, the whole house, her, and I all reek of sour milk.

We don't do "tummy time" since DS hated it and DD just lies there with this pitiful look on her face. No trouble holding her head up while babywearing though She's also been pushing her little bottom up off the floor while on her back so I don't think rolling over is too far off. I'm just glad she didn't do it stupid early like DS at 5/6 weeks, that was just WAY too early.

miss_nikki, I'm jealous your Goodwill is so cheap! Mine charges $5-7 for ONE sweater or pair of jeans. I also had to break down and buy some new clothes, my hips are just not shrinking back as quickly this time around.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:30 PM

We're doing well here - Anthony is 12 weeks old this week. We went to Portugal to visit DH's family for 2.5 weeks, and that trip went fairly well. DD had some icky allergic reaction to something and got a rash all over her face, neck, and eczema spots in various places. Poor kid!

I have my 6-week post partum appointment next week (Yes, he'll be 13 weeks then) I originally had it scheduled for 8 weeks, which was kind of late, but my OB is now truly solo practice as her midwife left the practice, and so scheduling is tight. Then, we bought our house, and our closing was at the same time as my appointment, and the next one I could get was 5 weeks later. So, yeah, I'm having my 6 week appointment at 13 weeks

DS is a was major spitter-upper until about a week ago, so I hear you secondimpression, about everything smelling like sour milk. DS went through 3 outfits a day, plus spit rags, several shirts for me, a baby blanket or two that I put down on my side of the bed so that I only had to change the bed sheets 2x a week rather than every day. I was doing so much laundry!!! Finally its subsiding a little, though. It used to be that every time I burped DS, a huge amount of milk would come up. Now, I can burp him and potentially only a little dribble. he still seems to trash at least 3 of my shirts a day, though!

DS is waking a couple of times a night, I think. I can actually have him in bed, and side nurse, unlike with DD, where I was just awake all the time, worried that I was going to roll on her (or that DH would) This time around, I seem to be able to sleep pretty well. I put DS down in his co-sleeper, he sleeps about 3 hours, then wakes up, and I put him on to nurse, and then doze/sleep the rest of the night, not really sure what times he's eating. He's a real snuggler, its so cute!

And the most exciting news - after getting jet lagged from the trip back from Portugal, DD seems to be back to taking 2-3 hour naps in the afternoon again! Woo! I can usually get DS to sleep sometime during her nap, so I get a break/nap, too

Loving being a stay at home mamma to DD 10/07, and newly arrived DS 7/26/10
Old 10-22-2010, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

I admit things are running fairly smoothly here. We're getting more and more back to normal and everything. However, I don't like having my little guy in the sling while I clean. Don't know why, it just doesn't work for me this early on. So the only real cleaning I get done is when he is sleeping or when he is happily awake haha. I can't wait until he gets old enough that I feel comfortable slinging him on my back.

User Tag List