What are you eating right now? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-29-2009, 02:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm doing without caffeine which is a huge change for me.

I don't want anything greasy. I've had a taste for milk and poached eggs.

Married to a wonderful man and we have 1 adorable baby girl (8/30/2010) and 2 furbabies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2009, 03:40 AM

We eat TF, so I'm not really changing anything in terms of trying to improve my diet.

Everything tastes really sweet to me right now! Especially carby things like potatoes and milk and (sprouted grain) bread! Much sweeter than usual. But even meat tastes sweet, like we had chicken for dinner and, you guessed it, it tasted sweet!

I was really craving pizza so I made some little mini-pizzas on sprouted grain toast. They were yummy (and sweet).

Me, DH, and DS (9/18/10), living in a multi-generational household (non-pathetic way of saying we live in my parents' basement).
Old 12-29-2009, 04:51 AM

I've been trying to go for protein laden things (and that is pretty much what I'm craving anyway). I've been eating dairy (we were dairy free before, but nursing and pregnant... gotta get the protein in), chicken, cheese, PB&J... However, man, today I think the m/s started to hit... I don't have a good sense of smell normally, but now EVERYthing smells intensely... and it's turning my stomach/making my appetite go kaput. I really need to get on top of freezing some meals before it gets bad like before!

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
Old 12-29-2009, 11:33 AM

I'm eating Clementines like crazy! Anything fruit is being snatched up by me!!

Also, made up a nice chart and list of food groups I need to eat each day to keep myself on track. I usually eat healthy anyway but seems I need to get more protein in. I don't eat meat very often so I guess I'll hits the nuts and beans even harder now!

Me: lady.gif Sarah, married to: geek.gif J, mommy to: happytears.gif C (8/10) and rolleyes.gif E (11/12)

Old 12-29-2009, 12:04 PM

I've cut out as much caffeine as possible. Trying to eat as healthy as I can right now. So far my taste for sweets has decreased and all I really want to eat is hummus with pita chips and olives and a chicken chimichanga with lots of guacamole and sour cream.

Yesterday 12/28/2009 I had the following:
Breakfast: 1 scrambled egg with cheese, whole grain sprouted bread with butter, 1/2 a grapefruit, and herbal tea.
Snack: Corn chips with eggplant hummus and olives and 3 squares of chocolate (Which is a significant drop in sweets for me ).
Lunch: Mixed brown and wild rice with butter, swiss chard, kale, lemon, and salmon.
Dinner: Pasta with chicken, tomatoes, and asparagus in a butter/wine sauce. (Which now that I think of the wine in the sauce I probably should have avoided it.)

I keep a bottle of water with at all times and that's what I drink besides my morning cup of tea. I also take cod liver oil and a multi that has 800mcg of folic acid.

goldfish.gif
Old 12-29-2009, 01:12 PM

I don't want much of anything right now. Everything taste super salty and nothing looks or sounds good.

My stomach has been upset, not m/s but Im going to the bathroom a lot(not #1). So Im trying to drink gatorade and apple juice. Uggghhh anyone else going thru this? I was up all night... I was kinda crampy too. Af would have been due yesterday. So maybe my body hasnt adjusted.

After trying for over 10yrs our bundle of joy was born on 8/5/10 4lbs 7oz ~Brayden Kelley Ray~Such a miracle~Stole our Hearts~ Gods timing isnt our timing, but His timing is perfect~~
Old 12-29-2009, 01:40 PM

I just finished reading the pregnancy section of Nina Planck's book Real Food for Mother and Baby. I really love the way she breaks down what the baby needs and when. I'm trying to get plenty of B, C, and E vitamins throughout the pregnancy and during the first trimester I am focusing on adding vitamins A and D which build the baby's organs and toes (butter, eggs, pork, and seafood are excellent sources).

Breakfast I'll have a fruit and milk smoothie with high vitamin butter oil and cod liver oil (for vit A & D) and a couple of scrambled eggs with grassfed butter and raw cheddar. I usually add coconut oil to the smoothie but am out atm...I'm also adding in a caffeinated tea with cream this morning to see if I can get something going in the lower digestive tract iykwim?...

Snack will be smoked salmon and cream cheese on sprouted grain toast

Lunch will be left over stew

Snack will be fruit, cashews (folic acid!) and cheese

Dinner will be a roasted pork tenderloin with mashed potatoes and garlicky green beans

The second trimester will find me focusing on protein and calcium to build the baby's bones and muscles and the third trimester I will be focusing on fish, fish, fish and more fish to build a nice intelligent brain

Sarah loving wife to Scot...joyous mama to...
Emilee and Elaina and our newest addition Elliot Bell 9/15/10
Old 12-29-2009, 01:44 PM

I'm sure we'll all be happy to find out that studies have shown that mother's who eat some dark chocolate everyday during pregnancy have babies who smile more

Sarah loving wife to Scot...joyous mama to...
Emilee and Elaina and our newest addition Elliot Bell 9/15/10
Old 12-29-2009, 02:15 PM

I crave red meat (hamburgers) and salad with very vinegary dressing every pregnancy. This one is no different! Also condensed tomato soup made with milk, anything with marinara sauce, and Egg McMuffins.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Old 12-30-2009, 01:19 AM

Almost all foods made me very, very sick right now!

hippie.gif Hi, I'm Amber

Ava {12.20.08}  Levi {8.19.10}  Aspen  {EDD 7.21.13}

Old 01-02-2010, 07:44 PM

I am going back and forth between feeling very queasy about anything and STARVING! I have discovered that a lot of times when I am feeling so nauseated, I am usually hungry and I feel better after I eat.

I have given up coffee cold turkey (I never drank a lot, but usually about 4-6 oz./day at least) just because it hasn't sounded good to me. Yesterday was my first day of really feeling kind of sick all day, so DH was so sweet and brought me toast and grilled cheese all day while I couchsurfed. I've also been having a BIG smoothie every morning the last four or five days.

This morning, I wanted chick-fil-a SO BAD and nothing else would do and I was in a GREAT mood after! Ha. About two hours of errands later, I told DH I wanted more, but i settled for a big salad at home.

Who unleashed this hunger monster?! Also, the thirst monster. So thirsty for water only, all the time!

My condolences Cinderella on the m/s. I have just had a very little bit, but feeling nauseous is way up there on my list of worst feelings in the world. I hope I won't have too much.

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:24 PM

I've been massively hungry and thirsty, too!

Me, DH, and DS (9/18/10), living in a multi-generational household (non-pathetic way of saying we live in my parents' basement).
Old 01-03-2010, 03:34 AM

Some of your food sounds good!
I haven't had the m/s hit me full on yet, but I'm expecting it to anytime. So far I've been able to stomach coffee (decaf, go me!) but I'm sure the baby will let me know when that is out if this pregnancy is like my last one. Mostly, nothing really sounds good. I'm trying to up my water and cut down on Diet Pepsi and have been doing well so far.

I got a new Kitchen Aid blender for my wedding so I think I will need to break that out and do the smoothie thing some of you have mentioned. That sounds yummy! No cravings yet. But I made some chocolate brownies last night because I wanted something sweet. Last pregnancy, sweets were not on the to eat list. At all. Wondering if this will go away eventually. We will see...

cd.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif
Our dream come true, Chloe Aleksandra arrived on 9-10-10.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemama View Post
I just finished reading the pregnancy section of Nina Planck's book Real Food for Mother and Baby.
I want this book! Must order it tomorrow. Hmm- good to read your little list of what you're focusing on- I've been getting extra Vitamin D and A. I'm also drinking a green smoothie each day and drinking nutritive tea (which for right now is mostly nettle.) So far I'm feeling better than I have the other pregnancies. I think it may be because I'm getting sufficient B vitamins.

As with the other two I have no taste for anything with a smoke flavor. Not too many other aversions yet.

Mama to James 4-05 and Leland 7-07, and feeling so privileged to be growing kiddo #3 due in September!
Old 01-03-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaWantsOut View Post
I've been massively hungry and thirsty, too!
I can't believe how hungry and thirsty I am, either!!

I'm actually craving alot of meat and fatty things, and dark leafy greens... but that could change because m/s hasn't hit me in the past until 6 weeks or so. With my last pregnancy I had no resolve (also had a 8 m/o babe at the time), and really just ate junk to get through feeling crummy, which was really a vicious cycle. I'm bound and determined to eat well this time.

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

Joyfully expecting #5 April 2014!
Old 01-03-2010, 02:06 PM

I was up at midnight last making pan-seared portabella mushrooms, something I've never done before but HAD to have, right then! I bought a ton of fresh fruit and veg at the store, it all just sounded really, really good I typically haven't had bad morning sickness, but I am HUNGRY all the time, and I'm hoping eating fruit and veg for all those snacks will help keep the weight gain down to a more reasonable level.

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

Old 01-03-2010, 02:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
All of the out of town guests are gone and I just threw away all the candy and cookies left over from Christmas.... I need to start nourishing this bean!!!

I just tried to eat some oatmeal and couldn't have more than a few bites. I am not nauseous, but I am feeling food aversions. This is how I was with DD.... I didn't eat much the first few weeks. This time I am nursing too though, so I need to eat more than usual.... We will see how it goes.

You ladies are inspiring me!!!

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

Old 01-03-2010, 03:46 PM
slf

i've also been super hungry and thirsty...

Sandi- firmly attached mama to DS (Feb/08) cautiously expecting #2 09/10
Old 01-03-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemama View Post
I'm sure we'll all be happy to find out that studies have shown that mother's who eat some dark chocolate everyday during pregnancy have babies who smile more
I told DH I thought I would quit my "piece of dark chocolate" a day for the next 2 months and he said he remembers DD being "brewed on dark chocolate". She's very happy! Maybe I should reconsider.

I just want to say I can eat everything, which is a HUGE change from DD and I feel great about that right now. I've been on cleanse/supplement regiment since the summer to try to avoid HG this time that it continues.

In addition to my raspberry and nettle teas, I've added lots of dried fruits (figs, dates and prunes) and a smoothie of oat milk, carob (calcium), and nettle. Also bran to my morning musli to keep things moving .

wife to DH mama to DD14 Jan '08 and DS 6 Sept '10
and 2 rescued greyhounds
Old 01-03-2010, 06:48 PM

Nice to hear others are hungry and thirsty are too--my husband is just incredulous when he sees how I am so hungry right after we've eaten. Come to think of it, I am starving right now...

I have been craving fast food chicken, which is QUITE unusual for me. Chick-fil-a was closed today, so we went to this place called Cane's and I am honestly thinking of going again. My husband is worried I am growing a trans fats baby, but I swear I never eat fast food! I don't know what this is about. My most favorite is Mexican food, and I have had no interest in that at all. Sweets either and I am usually made of candy!

I am trying to think what I am going to go scavenge now.

Are prenatal vitamins making anyone else sick? They make me feel so rotten and my mom, who has worked in labor & delivery and maternity care for 30 years (and mother to 5!) said not to take them just now and to just try to eat a lot of dairy, leafy greens, and nuts. Not taking them almost totally keeps the nausea at bay, unless of course, I am hungry.

OMG, I am a hungry, hungry hippo! Off to get a snack...

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:49 PM

Now I'm eating reduced fat Triscuits with plain cream cheese. And water.
The baby seems to have vetoed coffee this morning.

cd.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif
Our dream come true, Chloe Aleksandra arrived on 9-10-10.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:00 PM

Crafty--It helps some to take your prenatals before bed. If that doesn't work, you can even take a chewable multi + extra folic acid.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Old 01-03-2010, 07:10 PM

I'm eating chicken chili with cheddar on top - yum.

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 

User Tag List