Are you showing? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 95 Old 01-10-2010, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaWantsOut View Post
I'm not at all yet and I'm kind of torn about it. On the one hand, I want to start showing soon because this is my first pregnancy and I'm excited as all get out, but on the other hand, I really want to keep this a secret from my work for as long as possible, just because there's a lot of stress right now around getting our product to launch and I feel like my boss would take this as another setback or something.

And by "as long as possible," I mean until, like, March or so. Do you think that's remotely feasible?
Yes, it's definitely feasible. A lot depends on how your body is already shaped-- the tighter your stomach muscles are, the longer it will take for you to "pop." I had a reasonably flat stomach with my first, although not a "six-pack" or anything, and although at 16 weeks I could tell I was pregnant, it wasn't until about 20 weeks that I started showing in my clothes.

Right now, I'm not showing at all, even though this is my second. A little bloated, maybe. My stomach is still pretty slack from having a baby 9 months ago, so I'll probably pop pretty early, though.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#62 of 95 Old 01-10-2010, 12:51 PM

I broke out maternity jeans on Friday. Oh, the comfort! I have a few pairs of cords I'm dying to drag out as well. My jeans were on the tight side anyway, AND this is my 3rd. There's nothing shameful about wearing maternity at 6w, right??

Oh, BTW, Old Navy's item of the week is yoga pants -- $12. I need to get me some.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#63 of 95 Old 01-10-2010, 04:24 PM

I just threw my favorite jeans to the back of the closet and am wearing at work my "round the house since they are too big pants" and they are no longer too big which means my butt and legs must have grown. My tummy has definitely grown too. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's pic and weigh-in.

wife to DH mama to DD14 Jan '08 and DS 6 Sept '10
and 2 rescued greyhounds
#64 of 95 Old 01-10-2010, 04:26 PM

Most definitely nothing shameful about wearing maternity pants at 6 weeks. (Coming from a mama who is also wearing maternity pants, before 6 weeks!)

-Tara, mama to A 12-7-04 and C 7-28-07, and another making a debut in September
#65 of 95 Old 01-13-2010, 04:39 PM

Count me in. It was an endless source of frustration to me in my last pregnancy that I didn't show until about the seventh month. I just gained weight all over (mostly in my butt).
Today I look like I have a grandpa pooch under my belly button. This does not look like My normal bloating. It's rounder and just in the middle. And I'm wearing control top pantyhose! It looks like I'm going to show much earlier this time. I would welcome it except I don't want to tell work until 12 weeks just in case. Not sure that's going to be an option!
#66 of 95 Old 01-13-2010, 10:30 PM

Yes I am. I'm still in a few regular pants, but I find the elastic maternity pants are nice already. I wonder if it is the way the uterus tilts?

With DD I not only started to show at 4 weeks, but I had to move into maternity clothes, too. (Well, I guess I could have just bought a size up, but I was excited to buy maternity ) There was a day at work where I had to wear my jacket zipped up b/c I had to unbutton my pants. lol And I was skinny as heck before DD too.

Mama to expecting Babe 2
#67 of 95 Old 01-13-2010, 10:31 PM

i found a pair of pants I bought TWO WEEKS ago do not fit comfortably enough to wear anymore. That is sad.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#68 of 95 Old 01-14-2010, 08:49 PM

I'm somewhere between 6 and 7 weeks and I'm definately not showing yet. I'm 5'9 and about 130lbs...so when it pops, I'll definately know it. With my other pregnancies I didn't start showing until about 15-16 weeks...and longer with my first...about 20 weeks until showing. But, then, I consider "showing" to be when I've got enough of a belly for a stranger to know I'm pg.

I love the belly though and can't wait! I have big babies (9 & 10lbers) so I do get a big belly eventually. Although, after 4 kids, I'm getting tired of my maternity wardrobe.

Emily: Homebirthin' mama to 3 boys and a girl.
#69 of 95 Old 01-14-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneCordelia View Post
I'm 5'9 and about 130lbs...so when it pops, I'll definately know it.
Argh, I hate you already!

You're one of those tall women who carry babies all gorgeous and graceful and gazelle-like.

I'm 5'3", with a torso about 2 inches long, and when pregnant I look like a garden gnome.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#70 of 95 Old 01-14-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post

You're one of those tall women who carry babies all gorgeous and graceful and gazelle-like.

I'm 5'3", with a torso about 2 inches long, and when pregnant I look like a garden gnome.
LOL!

Well feel better, I'm 5'2" so you're less gnome-like than I am

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
#71 of 95 Old 01-14-2010, 09:48 PM

if it makes you feel better

im tall and fluffy lol... so i dont carry all gazelle and graceful... i waddle like an oversized emperor penguin.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#72 of 95 Old 01-14-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:

I'm sorry! My twin sister is 5'3" (how is it we're twins??? LOL) and is expecting her 2nd now...I'm sure that you're just as radiant as she is and not gnome-like at all!!

I will admit that I gain about 50lbs with each pg though...so I don't feel so graceful and gazelle-like. LOL! Thank you anyway though!!

#73 of 95 Old 01-14-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2chloerae View Post
LOL!

Well feel better, I'm 5'2" so you're less gnome-like than I am
Haha, so you know

I'm kind of anticipating showing, when I'll steal my maternity clothes back from my cousin, and have the visual confirmation to myself of being pregnant, you know?

But god, I'm not looking forward to the STARES. I remember last time, when I was about 7 months, in the farmer's market with my sister, and she leans over to me and says "man, Kelly, people are just STARING at you."

By the time I was about 6 months along, I was getting from strangers: "Wow, look like you're going to pop any day now!" No. I still have about four months. And I do not "pop." The only thing that's going to pop is your nose. When I punch you in it.

Grrrrrr.

#74 of 95 Old 01-14-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:

But god, I'm not looking forward to the STARES. I remember last time, when I was about 7 months, in the farmer's market with my sister, and she leans over to me and says "man, Kelly, people are just STARING at you."

By the time I was about 6 months along, I was getting from strangers: "Wow, look like you're going to pop any day now!" No. I still have about four months. And I do not "pop." The only thing that's going to pop is your nose. When I punch you in it.

Grrrrrr.
Aren't people aweful? I think that people forget what it's like to be around pregnant women. Every pg woman I've ever met has dealt with similar issues..."You look so small for being 9 mos pg!!" or "Are you sure it's not twins??" People have no bearing for what's "normal" anymore.

#75 of 95 Old 01-14-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry! My twin sister is 5'3" (how is it we're twins??? LOL) and is expecting her 2nd now...I'm sure that you're just as radiant as she is and not gnome-like at all!!

I will admit that I gain about 50lbs with each pg though...so I don't feel so graceful and gazelle-like. LOL! Thank you anyway though!!
I gained 60.

*glares*

Just kidding (not about gaining 60 pounds-- that is true-- but about the glaring)

Your twin is that much shorter? Fraternal?
My mom is a fraternal twin, has a brother though.

#76 of 95 Old 01-14-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Haha, so you know

I'm kind of anticipating showing, when I'll steal my maternity clothes back from my cousin, and have the visual confirmation to myself of being pregnant, you know?

Grrrrrr.
I get that too... I pop early and carry large, with DD I was as big at 18 weeks as i was at 28 with DS... I worked in a grocery store and had multiple people (including a mother of twins) tell me I looked like I was going to have twins. Nope, just one baby in there at every single one of about 5 ultrasounds I had... pretty sure it was not twins lol

#77 of 95 Old 01-14-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Aren't people aweful? I think that people forget what it's like to be around pregnant women. Every pg woman I've ever met has dealt with similar issues..."You look so small for being 9 mos pg!!" or "Are you sure it's not twins??" People have no bearing for what's "normal" anymore.
I am perfectly willing to let anyone know who asks (and have actually had a few guys ask), when you see a pregnant person: You do NOT comment on her size. Period. You say ONE thing and ONE thing only:

"You look beautiful and fantastic."

#78 of 95 Old 01-14-2010, 09:57 PM

I always show early and with this being my 5th kid in 7 years my ab muscles are non-existant. My SIL and MIL already commented on my bump and I will be 7 weeks tomorrow. I am thin though so there is not much room to hide a baby. I secretly love when I start to show, I love being pregnant.

Jessie (29) mom to Emma (2002), Anthony (2004), Elizabeth (2006) and Ava (2008) and someone new 2010
#79 of 95 Old 01-14-2010, 10:45 PM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
I showed at 12 weeks with #1, 9 weeks with #2, and 6 weeks with #3. Since I am only 3 weeks, 4 days pregnant, I think I'll show... tomorrow.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#80 of 95 Old 01-14-2010, 11:11 PM

I was by 9 weeks with my last one, but so far so good this time...6 weeks today.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#81 of 95 Old 01-20-2010, 11:58 PM

I am 7w5d and feel like my tummy is slightly bigger in just the last few days. I am hoping to not show until my 2nd trimester, when we want to announce our good news.

So far I am doing okay, I wear my pants baggy and so I have room to grow into them. I have one pair of jeans that I am not comfortable in, of course they are my snug-sexy jeans.

DS ( 9/2010) and TTC #2 fingersx.gif

#82 of 95 Old 01-21-2010, 09:01 AM

I truly feel this thread is WORTHLESS without pics of these bellies!

#83 of 95 Old 01-21-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
I truly feel this thread is WORTHLESS without pics of these bellies!
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1176501 theres the belly pic thread

#84 of 95 Old 01-21-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
LOL! Thanks! Placenta brain and all that jazz.

#85 of 95 Old 01-21-2010, 07:46 PM

got my bella bands today! oh man I love them.... I put my cant-button jeans on with one folded over it and feel more comfy in them now than I did when I could comfortably button them!

#86 of 95 Old 01-21-2010, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Cant wait to post my 8 week photo tonight. I am sure my belly has doubled in size in one week. the last few days I have popped (wow, that didn't happen until 23 weeks last time).

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#87 of 95 Old 01-21-2010, 10:55 PM

You can probably pull it off being your first pregnancy. Many firsts do not show until 16 weeks or after
#88 of 95 Old 01-21-2010, 11:05 PM

I am 5 weeks officially tomorrow and about 10 days before my positive test I kept saying to hubby... do you see this, what is up I can not suck it in. I lost 55 lbs from 1/09 thru 12/09. Many have comments on how much it is noticable in the tummy area ... well now there is a bump.... so I think others will just assume I am gaining weight not pregnat.

This is a pleasant surprise pregnancy and mostly no one in our family will expect it. DD is 7 DS is 5. I don't recall exactly when I started showing with DD, but I know with DS (got preg when DD turned 1) I was needing to pull out the maternity pants at 8 weeks.

I think my muscle tone is not so great being obese and having recently lost 55lbs, so pop... there it is.

Thanks for reminding me that belly pics should be taken... I had not even thought of that yet. (told ya it was a surprise
#89 of 95 Old 01-21-2010, 11:11 PM

i could suck it in pretty well until i got pregnant and then POOF!

plus I had just lost 15 pounds and randomly gained it all right back just before getting pregnant (putting me back above bmi 30 which has me terrified of twins)

#90 of 95 Old 01-21-2010, 11:19 PM

what do you mean about bmi and twins... are they related? I have not heard that before. DH told me he dreamt several times that twins were coming (his dad is a twin and so far none of the kids have had twins).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page