what are you eating? - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-23-2010, 01:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
At first it was sour cream then it was chips and salsa now Im craving grape fruit with salt. Also A&W cream soda and Doles pinapple, banana and orange juice.

I went from being nauseous 24/7 to literally have zero energy! Uggghh my house is a mess and I have no energy to clean it. When in need, its time to call mama to the rescue.

After trying for over 10yrs our bundle of joy was born on 8/5/10 4lbs 7oz ~Brayden Kelley Ray~Such a miracle~Stole our Hearts~ Gods timing isnt our timing, but His timing is perfect~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2010, 08:56 PM

Fruit! But not fresh, frozen only! I'm eating frozen blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and black cherries like crazy!! I've eaten 6 BAGS FULL in 4 days!

hippie.gif Hi, I'm Amber

Ava {12.20.08}  Levi {8.19.10}  Aspen  {EDD 7.21.13}

Old 01-23-2010, 08:58 PM

Im thinking enchiladas tonight!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:59 PM

Yummm...grapefruit w/ salt...Jrene, you've given me a craving!

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Old 01-24-2010, 12:18 AM

I had a break today from cravings until just now. I'm really thinking pasta tomorrow.

Married to a wonderful man and we have 1 adorable baby girl (8/30/2010) and 2 furbabies.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:59 AM

Oreos and milk.

But not because I want sweet stuff. I want quick, and comforting. It'll do. The thought of anything makes me feel so queasy...so it may as well be oreos

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

Old 01-26-2010, 09:40 PM
Banned

Ben and Jerry's Phish food.

The whole pint.

And I may or may not have snapped at DH when he tried to sneak a bite.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:47 PM

Quaker True Delights Multigrain Fiber Crisps... wild blueberry flavor...

oh. my. goodness. I cant believe I just ate a WHOLE bag (and thank goodness a WHOLE bag is only 330 calories!)

they are delicious... but apparently so new they arent even on quakers website yet??

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:53 PM

I normally eat TF but when I'm nauseous from pregnancy, only junk food and fruit appeals to me. Mac & cheese, sweet juices and sodas, pears, melons, salty snacks.

Soup and anything with warm tomatoes in it are totally disgusting to me right now and I can barely enter the kitchen.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
Old 01-27-2010, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri276 View Post
I normally eat TF but when I'm nauseous from pregnancy, only junk food and fruit appeals to me. Mac & cheese, sweet juices and sodas, pears, melons, salty snacks.

Soup and anything with warm tomatoes in it are totally disgusting to me right now and I can barely enter the kitchen.
I hear you! We just started transistioning to TF about 18 months ago and were probably about 80% of the way there. The first trimester is putting us way back. I'm hoping to be able to get back on track soon.

DD 12/07 DS 9/10

Old 01-28-2010, 11:40 PM

I have been eating very healthy foods (lactose intolerant vegetarian) so no meats, and not too much dairy. For breakfast I have some blueberries and cottage cheese with soy milk, every morning now for a week and I LOVE IT!

Clément and I have been cooking vegan meals at night together.I might actually like to cook with this pregnancy! All the veggies taste even better! Dont even get me started on avacados...HEAVEN!

I still feel nauseous, but i havent thrown up yet and I think that eating healthy foods, and listening to my body helps alot.
(Read The Natural Pregnancy Book...has some great info on diet during 1st trimester)

Hip Hippie Mamatreehugger.gif to Baylin & Evangélina hbac.gif and Wife to my sexy Frenchman Clément luxlove.gif living frugally green in the beautiful mountains of West Virginia. Expecting our newest French Fry July 2012!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***Rainbow.gif

Old 01-29-2010, 12:29 AM

ThreeLittleBirds--I could eat guacamole every. single. day. So I am with you on avacados!

AFM, I ate half a jar of Claussen dill pickle spears for lunch. YUM.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Old 01-29-2010, 05:42 PM

Well, was planning on making cheeseburgers for dinner tonight. I found a new recipe for the buns. Just finished making them-- Bad News: They will only be fit for hamburgers for gnomes. Way too small-- I thought they would rise more than they did. Good News: They are delicious. I just ate three of them coming out of the oven slathered in butter.

So, they are great for dinner rolls, but now I need to figure out if I want to try to make more buns or do something else with the ground beef.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

Old 01-29-2010, 05:45 PM

Could you turn your ground beef into sloppy joe? Maybe your buns would work then?

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

Old 01-29-2010, 05:46 PM
slf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
Could you turn your ground beef into sloppy joe? Maybe your buns would work then?
ooh- good idea!

Sandi- firmly attached mama to DS (Feb/08) cautiously expecting #2 09/10
Old 01-29-2010, 05:47 PM

also, we eat ground beef (with chopped onions) on small buns...

loosemeat sammiches and they are pretty good (and not quite as sloppy as sloppy joes, the meat falls off some but doesnt have the sauce on it)

Old 01-29-2010, 06:41 PM

Or you could do "sliders"!

Old 01-29-2010, 10:14 PM

Well, I went ahead and made some bigger rolls, but by that point the husband had fallen asleep on the sofa, and poor teething baby is napping, too (ended up giving her some tylenol so that she could finally get some pain-free rest, she's so miserable).

So I'm eating the new fresh-out-of-oven rolls slathered in chunky peanut butter with an enormous glass of milk.

I reckon I'll have plenty of time to do something with that ground beef later since we'll be snowed in all weekend.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

Old 01-29-2010, 10:36 PM

Cold baked beans. The other things in the fridge made me gag. Now I ate all the baked beans and I don't know what to eat... Maybe I'll try a pita bread with vegemite.

rainbow1284.gifenergy.gifAugust 2010 ; angel2.gif April 2009; angel1.gif m/c 2008

Old 01-29-2010, 11:54 PM

Chinese food. I can't get enough of it. I even had hot and sour soup last night which sounds like a weird thing to eat when you're nauseous but it was great and I felt great all night. Actually I ate a lot of buffalo chicken wings and bean burritos with salsa with DD.

Anyone else find that spicy foods actually HELP the morning sickness?

Mom to DD (3), my little peanut (9/10/09) and our newest addition 9/16/10
Old 01-30-2010, 12:45 AM

omg, grapefruit sounds awesome to me right now.

I just sent my poor husband out in the rain to get me eggplant parm. I'm afraid we won't be able to leave the house for a couple of days because we are getting an ice storm (SC doesn't exactly do the sand/salt thing) and I HAD TO HAVE IT. Hopefully, I'll still want it by the time he gets back

Mama to DS (7) , DD (5) and DD (2) and expecting a LO in 2/14

Old 01-30-2010, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeLittleBirds View Post
I have been eating very healthy foods (lactose intolerant vegetarian) so no meats, and not too much dairy. For breakfast I have some blueberries and cottage cheese with soy milk, every morning now for a week and I LOVE IT!

Clément and I have been cooking vegan meals at night together.I might actually like to cook with this pregnancy! All the veggies taste even better! Dont even get me started on avacados...HEAVEN!

I still feel nauseous, but i havent thrown up yet and I think that eating healthy foods, and listening to my body helps alot.
(Read The Natural Pregnancy Book...has some great info on diet during 1st trimester)
So, the not wanting to cook thing isn't just me? I am having a lot of trouble cooking for the fam. I wish I could eat veggies right now, but I have a serious aversion to most of them right now. The only thing I can handle is salad. I think I remember having this problem with my first 2 pregnancies, I started putting Franks Hot Sauce on all of my veggies just to be able to eat them. It really IS good on spinach!

I love the name Baylin! Is it a boy or a girl? Such a sweet name!

Mama to DS (7) , DD (5) and DD (2) and expecting a LO in 2/14

Old 02-08-2010, 12:52 PM

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h9.../020610001.jpg

Who needs junk food, when you have this?

Old 02-08-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h9.../020610001.jpg

Who needs junk food, when you have this?
That oddly does not look appetizing to me right now (usually it would though!)

nor does junk food. This baby is all about the meats right now. I ate so many BBQ Meatballs yesterday but they were SO good.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:01 PM

Ugh, I'm the exact opposite. I'm seriously turning into a vegetarian. Usually Sunday night dinners are pretty much "help yourself," and Jason was looking through the fridge and said "we have these two little steaks, do you want one of them?" Immediately I said "NO!" in such an emphatic and disgusted tone he pops up and says "Damn, I was just asking..."

Pretty much all my protein right now is coming from milk and cheese (and peanut butter. I've gone crazy for apples and peanut butter). Chicken especially is grossing me out, I couldn't eat it at all last preg either.

I can eat fish, so we're doing salmon tonight. What I'm really craving so bad that I'm having dreams about it is some broiled rockfish. Of course it's not rockfish season, so I'm begging my mother to talk to everyone she knows in our hometown (on the chesapeake bay) that poor pregnant Kelly NEEDS some rockfish, so search the freezers...

Old 02-08-2010, 04:04 PM

*looks it up* Supposedly that means you're having a boy, Mae, and I'm having another girl.

Although I've convinced myself I'm having a boy this time.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:13 PM

im convinced Im having a boy

and I did have the fruit/fish cravings with DD. I loooooved strawberries and tomatoes especially. and orange juice!

User Tag List