what are you eating? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 207 Old 01-05-2010, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I swear, eating is the hardest part of being pregnant for me!

I'm not as nauseous as I was with my first 2 pregnancies, so that helps, but nothing healthy really sounds good...and I can't eat nothing but junk food!

so, what are you eating for breakfast? snacks? what'cha drinking to help break the water monotony?

Lindsey
Mama to (10/05) and (12/07) (2/10) and expecting in December!
#2 of 207 Old 01-05-2010, 09:33 PM

my nausea is all day... but ive found nothing really makes it worse just yet

however, what I have been CRAVING is spinach. Spinach pizza, I had spinach puffs for supper. And junk food.

Do you believe the old wives tales about what you choose to eat telling the gender of your baby?

With DS I wanted to eat healthy (I was also a very skinny 140 pounds to start off lol) but ended up eating nothing but JUNK! Jelly donuts, ice cream, pizza, coffee, fast food... I craved Jelly donuts for a very long time.

With DD I craved tomatoes, so much. Tomato juice, italian tomatoes on french bread, tomato soup, cherry tomatoes dipped in ranch (silly child hates tomatoes) and other fruits/veggies. I had such a horrid craving for italian beef for the majority of the pregnancy as well!

So I feel like, the further along I get... my cravings will tell me what the gender is!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#3 of 207 Old 01-05-2010, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

hm...well, I've got 2 boys and craved wildly different things, so it doesn't seem to hold true for me, but I can't wait to see if it does for you!

I'm just having a hard time figuring out what to feed myself that isn't bad for me! Yesterday I resorted to a piece of bread with grated cheese on top under the broiler 'cause we don't have much junk around here and that's all that sounded good!

I'm not a breakfast person at all but I know I hafta try...just nothing sounds good. Eggs make me gag
!

Lindsey
#4 of 207 Old 01-05-2010, 09:56 PM

thats weird, eggs MADE me gag but I ate them almost every day last week for breakfast!

When pregnant with DS I craved eggs but couldnt handle the smell!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#5 of 207 Old 01-05-2010, 10:02 PM

I could only eat the yolks of my eggs this morning, and only after I had removed every tiny sliver of the white. Every time I tried to bring a forkful of whites to my mouth, I would gag. Later I had a canned salmon sandwich with cheese, toasted. It was really, really delicious.

I've also been doing well with soups.

I have NOT been doing well with stir-fried anything, and onions are right out unless they're in a soup for some reason. There doesn't seem to be any logic to it for me, really.

Me, DH, and DS (9/18/10), living in a multi-generational household (non-pathetic way of saying we live in my parents' basement).
#6 of 207 Old 01-05-2010, 10:11 PM

right now I'm eating tuna salad with tortilla chips.

I'm really big into smoothies for breakfast...mine are a banana, some blueberries, homemade kefir, cream (usually coconut oil, but I'm out), milk, a touch of maple syrup, and some high vitamin butter oil. Yummy! And very satisfying!

I've been focusing on getting a good dinner on the table and then using the leftovers for my lunch, but I've done such a good job with dinner lately that there's hardly anything left for me the next day When that happens I've been leaning towards black bean and raw cheddar burritos with lots of yummy salsa and sour cream!

Sarah loving wife to Scot...joyous mama to...
Emilee and Elaina and our newest addition Elliot Bell 9/15/10
#7 of 207 Old 01-05-2010, 10:13 PM

nom you guys make me wanna go make some tuna salad out of the basil and roasted tomato tuna I have in my cupboard and eat it on my rusk! Its just begging to be opened!

#8 of 207 Old 01-05-2010, 10:25 PM

oh! I forgot to add that I've also been drinking 4-5 glasses of milk a day...and if you know me you know I DON'T DRINK MILK! I do now I guess. I just drank one...it was soooo gooood!

Sarah loving wife to Scot...joyous mama to...
Emilee and Elaina and our newest addition Elliot Bell 9/15/10
#9 of 207 Old 01-05-2010, 10:29 PM

I am in love with eggs. I have one with toast every morning because it's all I want.

I think I'm craving protein period. I was transitioning to a vegetarian diet but now I have no motivation to.

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
#10 of 207 Old 01-05-2010, 11:47 PM

I went to the grocery today, and the only things that sounded good were aspargus, brussel sprouts, and leafy greens with really vinegary Italian dressing. Lunch before that was ww crackers with cheese.

I baked a loaf of banana bread yesterday, and it's hitting the spot for breakfast so far.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#11 of 207 Old 01-06-2010, 12:20 AM

Oranges, oranges, oranges. Hard-boiled eggs and cheddar cheese and milk. And peanuts. I went out and bought peanut butter and roasted salted peanuts in the shell which I haven't done in months and months. I've been craving salty chips, too.

I'd also love to munch on some saltines but I've had this stubborn yeast infection for almost a month now (hmmmm... about as long as I've been pregnant) and I've read that cutting out wheat can help (I've already sadly cut out sugar, but ice cream sounds really good).

DD 12/07 DS 9/10

#12 of 207 Old 01-06-2010, 12:28 AM
slf

what am I eating? EVERYTHING! lol

I swear, i pretty much ate non-stop all day at work today (and my co-workers totally guessed what was up).

I also bought this huge 2lb bag of mixed nuts and those have really been hitting the spot.

Sandi- firmly attached mama to DS (Feb/08) cautiously expecting #2 09/10
#13 of 207 Old 01-06-2010, 07:35 AM

So, strange for me--I'm craving spicy/cured meats.
Chorizo,pepperoni, bacon, sausage....my instincts would have told me that says "boy!", but I have two boys and I craved starch like crazy with them.

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

Joyfully expecting #5 April 2014!
#14 of 207 Old 01-06-2010, 11:38 AM

I can not get enough capers. I have been eating them with scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, and english muffins with cream cheese. They are the best thing ever.

I have been doing really well eating healthy and haven't wanted any sweet stuff at all - but this morning (@ 5wks) nothing sounds good and I am mildly nauseated.

SAHM to one precious 2 year old and wife to my loving DH. And here we go again!
****5****10****15****20****25**joy.gif*30****35****40
#15 of 207 Old 01-06-2010, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

well, to be honest, eggs make me gag not pregnant, it just gets worse when I am

I love this thread!!

I've been doing chili with so much tabasco it's hard to eat. Did that with both boys, too, went through an entire bottle of tabasco in like a month. I'm not craving sugar yet, though, which is nice. I overdid that with my first.

I haven't had any real cravings yet, just stuff that sounds good (or better than anything else anyway) I'm just having such a hard time with breakfast. Think I'll get a huge thing of English Muffins and just eat that every morning. boring, but oh, well! I can't deal with yogurt, no smoothies, I have a texture thing

Lindsey
#16 of 207 Old 01-06-2010, 02:36 PM

I'm with the nut people...almonds and walnuts are delicious right now.

Oranges, red meat, brown rice, spinach, soup, tortellini....the only thing I really don't want is sweets. Oh, and I want cheese and crackers pretty much every time I wander by the kitchen , but I'm trying to stay away from it. Gotta keep the pounds down this time!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#17 of 207 Old 01-06-2010, 02:39 PM

Lunch is some warm turkey sammiches... supper im making frybread with taco toppings on it (NOM!)

I bought berries the other day but ICK.
Got a starfruit. Never ate one of those before...

and my clementines, which the kids say are incredibly juicy and sweet, just do not taste good to me

#18 of 207 Old 01-06-2010, 03:29 PM

Lunch was a big salad with snow peas, carrots, and radishes, mozzarella cheese, and some tuna. Doused with balsamic vinagrette. I could eat more... yum!

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#19 of 207 Old 01-06-2010, 03:34 PM

My lunch was delicious! Nice and warm and the bread was so soft... and I put some salsa on it! oh so good.

#20 of 207 Old 01-06-2010, 04:05 PM

I'm really into lentils, beans (especially black beans) and rice right now! Nuts are working for me as well as soups and crackers with heaps of humous. The irony in this super healthy craving phase is that I have a major sweet tooth normally, but right now anything sweet makes me gag and ice cream smells like vomit. :Puke

Wife to Dh Mom to Ds (6) Dd (3)
and our brand new Ds
#21 of 207 Old 01-06-2010, 04:09 PM

orca~ the vomit smilie makes me want to vomit.

#22 of 207 Old 01-06-2010, 04:10 PM

me too lol

#23 of 207 Old 01-06-2010, 04:16 PM

Opps! Sorry about that! Of course all this vegetarian eating makes my husband want to vomit... Every pregnancy, he begs me to throw a steak on top of whatever I'm making, but meat and fish totally make me heave when I'm pregnant so he's eating out at lunch a lot while at work!!

Wife to Dh Mom to Ds (6) Dd (3)
and our brand new Ds
#24 of 207 Old 01-06-2010, 08:09 PM

I must be over it, orca , because I think I just had my first pregnancy weirdo snack. There is no way I would have eaten this with such relish a month ago...

water crackers, thin slices of moz. cheese, and a big gob of Korean spicy red pepper paste (gochujang) on top. Spicy deliciousness! Weird, but fantastic. Truly.

#25 of 207 Old 01-06-2010, 08:15 PM

I am insatiable! I have adopted a new schedule. Tell me what y'all think.

5:30 a.m. First breakfast (I do not normally get up at this ungodly hour, but I have to now because I am so hungry, I'm nauseous!): usually peanut butter on toast and a glass of milk
8 a.m. Second breakfast: big smoothie (yogurt, OJ, banana, blueberries, and whatever other fruit I have on hand)
10 a.m. Morning snack: granola bar, 32 oz of water
11:45 a.m. (Seriously, it gets scary if I go one minute later): First lunch. Usually a giant sandwich or bowl of something. The fast food chicken cravings are out of control. I don't want to talk about it...
2:30 Second lunch: Usually a smaller, but still hearty portion of whatever I had for first lunch.
4:00 p.m. Snack--granola bar or nuts or...anything
6 p.m. Dinner--HUGE
9:30p.m. 1/2 Peanut butter & jelly sandwich, glass of milk, and then I completely sack out with exhaustion

How does this schedule sound?

Better go, almost time for dinner...

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
#26 of 207 Old 01-07-2010, 04:12 PM
slf

ha ha- sounds about right to me, crafty!

#27 of 207 Old 01-07-2010, 04:16 PM

well i feel better about the fact that Im currently eating my second lunch and already trying to decide whats for supper! (already have both afternoon snacks picked lol)

First lunch was pizza rolls (not the freezer kind but crescent rolls with marinara, mozzerella and pepperoni inside... NOM!)
Second lunch today is finally that rusk and tomato pesto tuna.... the rusk is awesome. I have a feeling it may become a pregnancy craving.

#28 of 207 Old 01-07-2010, 04:23 PM
slf

I'm back at work this month, and the size of my lunch bag each day is frightening! After eating breakfast at home, I start in on the crackers as soon as i'm at work. mid morning it's carrots. At lunchtime i've usually had a full helping of leftovers and an apple. Then it's onto nuts all afternoon and I'm starving by the time I get home!

#29 of 207 Old 01-07-2010, 04:56 PM

Lunch today was leftover sloppy joes and an entire bag of brussel sprouts.

#30 of 207 Old 01-07-2010, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

LOL PinkBunch - a whole bag? I cooked some brussels sprouts for DH the other day and the smell almost made me lose my lunch.

I'm not eating much at once yet, but I'm pretty much grazing all day. Going to try really hard to not gain 50 pounds this time! LOL

Lindsey

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page