September DDC Roster ♥ Due Dates & Introductions - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-29-2009, 09:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Adorkable: First, hope you had a great holiday!!
When will you find out how your IUI went? Is trigger out of your system? Did you start testing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2009, 04:53 PM

Hello all!

* EDD: 9/1/2010
* Name: Mary
* What number child is this for you: #1
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Husband Matt and 9 year-old cuddly pit bull, Molly
* Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): I think girl because conception was probably in advance of ovulation, but I will be happy with either.
* Names you like (& are willing to share): For a girl: Caroline Frances (family names) , No ideas for a boy yet. Just got a positive yesterday!
* Birth Plans/Preferences: prefer a midwife at a birthing center, but still working it out
* Blog, website or the like:
* Anything else you'd like to share: I am so happy to be part of this community!

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:00 PM

wow there are over 30 ladies in here now!

welcome jbauer98!!, can i ask how long it was till you turned to clomid? or did you know right off the bat that you were going to need it.

welcome! CraftyMcGluestick!!, you have the greatest user name!!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Old 12-31-2009, 11:26 PM

I am tentatively joining! I got my (faint) BFP yesterday. I'm so excited, I don't know what to do with myself! I know it's still so early, and my period isn't even due until Tuesday, but I want to try to cherish every day of this pregnancy!

* EDD: 9/14/10
* Name: Jules
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: 6 months
* What number child is this for you: 2
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Husband, son , and a cuddly cat
* Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): No idea!
* Names you like (& are willing to share): Not sure yet
* Birth Plans/Preferences: Not sure yet. I had an emergency c-section with my son under general anesthesia. He lived his whole life in the NICU. I just really, really want a healthy baby I can take home.
* Anything else you'd like to share: This is my third pregnancy. I started ttc in Dec 2007. I had a miscarriage in July 2008. I got pregnant againn, and my son was born at 32 weeks in April and he lived for 8 days . that this pregnancy goes well!

rainbow1284.gifenergy.gifAugust 2010 ; angel2.gif April 2009; angel1.gif m/c 2008

Old 01-01-2010, 04:02 AM

* EDD: Early September... probably 9/1/10 or so
* Name: umsami
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: ? Not sure what BFP is... but we had a miscarriage a few months ago. We weren't actively trying.. but weren't actively not-trying.
* What number child is this for you: 4 (can't believe it)
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH, DS1 6, DS2 4, DD1 2, and cat
* Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): no idea yet
* Names you like (& are willing to share): DH likes Abdullah if a boy. I like Zaid. I like Amina if a girl. DH likes Dahlia. Doubt these will stick, though. We always change our minds once we see the little one.
* Birth Plans/Preferences: would love to have it with the great CNM at my OB's office...but since I have diabetes (GD during all three pregnancies, but didn't resolve after last one)... and am over 40... unlikely
* Anything else you'd like to share:

Mom to DS(8), DS(6), DD(4), and DS(1).  "Kids do as well as they can."

Old 01-01-2010, 04:21 PM
slf

nak....

* EDD: (feel free to use 1st or 2nd half if you prefer) Sept. 3 ish, though DS came 3 weeks early, so I'm open to the last half of August or first half of Sept
* Name: (whatever you would like to be called or like us to know) Sandi
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: PPAF returned in Aug, so about 5 mos.
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH, DS (23 mos) Dog (husky/labX)
* Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): no idea...
* Names you like (& are willing to share): none yet
* Birth Plans/Preferences: hoping for a successful homebirth (the last time we had to transfer to hospital after 30 hrs ) if i can get a midwife (i'm on 4 waiting lists right now, but they're super hard to get in my area.....)
* Blog, website or the like: n/a
* Anything else you'd like to share: I've mostly lurked on MDC since DS was little... never really found my niche here... hoping the DDC will change that I'm very active on TBW, though, as safetyorange

Sandi- firmly attached mama to DS (Feb/08) cautiously expecting #2 09/10
Old 01-01-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by umsami View Post
** Names you like (& are willing to share): DH likes Abdullah if a boy. I like Zaid. I like Amina if a girl. DH likes Dahlia.
wow you just have such neat names and thoughts for names in your family! love them, what is your user name from? so pretty. congrats and welcome to the club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slf View Post
* Anything else you'd like to share: I've mostly lurked on MDC since DS was little... never really found my niche here... hoping the DDC will change that
wow we have a lot as folks from north of the border! welcome and congrats!! i'm sure having your own ddc will make you feel just right at home!

happy new years ladies!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Old 01-02-2010, 03:29 PM

I am out

Tofie ~ mama to DD1, DD2 and Pookie v3 debuting December 2011
Oh my God....women are the COWS of PEOPLE!! --Reese, Malcolm in the Middle
Old 01-02-2010, 05:13 PM

EDD: September 3, 2010
Name: Niki
How long it took to you to get your BFP: 2 Months
What number child is this for you: 1
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Brand new husband, crazy cat
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): I keep thinking boy. But have very little faith in my psychic predictions
Names you like (& are willing to share):
Birth Plans/Preferences: Either birthing center or homebirth, depending on how I feel after meeting the midwives.
Blog, website or the like:
Anything else you'd like to share: My miscarriage fears are making me into a crazy person.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikity View Post
EDD: September 3, 2010
Anything else you'd like to share: My miscarriage fears are making me into a crazy person.
Congrats! Your post made me smile. Worry is part of pregnancy and motherhood. When we are done worrying about m/c we move on to something else. Just try to spend more time thinking about all the wonderful things that can and will go right. HH9. See you round the DDC. I'm a native New Yorker.

wife to DH mama to DD14 Jan '08 and DS 6 Sept '10
and 2 rescued greyhounds
Old 01-02-2010, 07:48 PM

welcome Tofie, its a northern invasion around here! love it

welcome Niki, congrats on the new hubby as well

im taking off for the weekend ladies, going to see my BFF and her kids and then my mom, will update anything new after monday, take care!

Old 01-03-2010, 12:11 PM

I'm in!

EDD: I'd guess 9/12/10 or, you know, thereabouts.
Name: Erin
How long it took to you to get your BFP: Our third cycle hoping (3rd PP cycle), our second month officially ttc, first month of good timing. I'm so excited.
What number child is this for you: 3
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH and my two boys. Maybe we can balance out the testosterone around here!
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): I have no guesses. I was sure both of my boys were girls. I have hopes for a little girl, but don't plan on finding out and will be happy with whoever comes our way.
Names you like (& are willing to share): Not sure yet
Birth Plans/Preferences: Hoping for another home birth, and high hopes to have a doula this time around.
Blog, website or the like: Don't have one up and running at the moment.
Anything else you'd like to share: Thrilled to be here, ladies!

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

Joyfully expecting #5 April 2014!
Old 01-03-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikity View Post

I am so with you. Every cramp and twinge is a major mental assault. Stick, baby, stick!!!

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

Joyfully expecting #5 April 2014!
Old 01-03-2010, 12:22 PM

EDD: around Sept 8th
Name: Louis
How long it took to you to get your BFP: We were NTNTC and it just kinda fell into place.
What number child is this for you: #1
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Husband, 2 Dogs, 2 Cats
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): Doesn't really matter to me.
Names you like (& are willing to share): I like Graham and Julian for a boy and Amelia and Lilah for a girl
Birth Plans/Preferences: Planning a homebirth.
Anything else you'd like to share: This is my very first post! I have been lurking around MDC forever, but finally I have something to contribute!

SAHM to one precious 2 year old and wife to my loving DH. And here we go again!
****5****10****15****20****25**joy.gif*30****35****40
Old 01-03-2010, 02:02 PM

EDD: Sept 13 by ovulation, but I bet the OB will use Sept 8 by LMP
Name: Carrie
How long it took to you to get your BFP: 5 months, 1 chemical preg. in October
What number child is this for you: 3rd Yikes!
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Husband Rob, DD, Avery, 6 in a few weeks, DS, Isaac, 3 in few weeks, an an assortment of pets
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): Would like a girl, but have everything for both, and would be happy with either!
Names you like (& are willing to share): Nothing firm, long potential list...
Birth Plans/Preferences: Hoping for birth center or home birth, but starting in the care of an OB due to multiple early losses.
Blog, website or the like: N/A
Anything else you'd like to share: We've had three early losses, most recent in October, and a new diagnosis of MTHFR Heterozygous, which is a blood clotting disorder, amongst other things. I'm starting this pregnancy on meds, and being monitored by an OB which is all very different for me, than my hands-off midwife attended other two term pregnancies. I'm pretty freaked out, but trying to be hopeful and positive!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

Old 01-03-2010, 04:23 PM

I'd like to join!

EDD: September 2, 2010
Name: Michelle
How long it took to you to get your BFP: 6 months, 1 chem preg in Oct.
What number child is this for you: 1st for me, 2nd of DH
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH, 18 year old stepdaughter, 1 dog (Mango) and 1 cat (Peepers...DH's cat...cat and I don't get along and I'm a bit worried when the baby comes)
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): either...but I keep referring to the baby as "he"
Names you like (& are willing to share): undecided
Birth Plans/Preferences: hospital birth with midwife
Blog, website or the like:
Anything else you'd like to share: Really hoping this sticks. Oh and I realized the other day that watching the Aliens movies isn't that cool when you're pregnant (it was freaking me out!!)
Old 01-03-2010, 07:51 PM

* EDD: (feel free to use 1st or 2nd half if you prefer)
September 12th
* Name: (whatever you would like to be called or like us to know)
Heather 35 (almost 36)
* How long it took to you to get your BFP:
Oops, we were going to TTC#3 starting January, but come January I am pregnant. He pulled out it was day 13 of my cycle and I usually ovulate on 17, guess it was meant to be
* What number child is this for you:
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies):
Married 10 years in June to my best friend, William 3.5, George 16 months
* Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses):
Would be nice to have another boy, but based on our timing this one might end up a girl!
* Names you like (& are willing to share):
Ruby, Lucy, or Mary for a girl. John, Cornelius, or Kelley for a boy.
* Birth Plans/Preferences:
We have had both a hospital birth and homebirth, I would love to have an unassisted, we'll see.
* Anything else you'd like to share:

Nurse and mother to two beautiful boys, William 06/07/06, George 08/27/08, and our newest addition John Bear, born 9/20/10! Married to my lovely dh for 10 years on 06/04/10!
Old 01-03-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houla05 View Post
Anything else you'd like to share: Really hoping this sticks. Oh and I realized the other day that watching the Aliens movies isn't that cool when you're pregnant (it was freaking me out!!)
Seriously! We went to go see Sherlock Holmes the other day and I was ready to crawl through the seats, and it's A) NOT that scary and B) I usually like that sort of thing! I'm guessing the new Alice in Wonderland is going to be out...

Samantha, married to Holly for over five years . DD #1 born 12/13/06 , DD #2 born 8/18/10 and 2 furballs of indeterminate age.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by •Adorkable• View Post
wow you just have such neat names and thoughts for names in your family! love them, what is your user name from? so pretty. congrats and welcome to the club!
Thanks Adorkable. The names are a result of being a multicultural marriage... DH is Egyptian... I'm American...and the only Arabic I know relates to food. (Hummus, Tabbouli, Falafel, etc.) So, we try to find names that work in both cultures... or at least names that I can pronounce... but it doesn't always work. My nick is Arabic for Mom of Sami (my eldest.) Umm = Mother of.

Mom to DS(8), DS(6), DD(4), and DS(1).  "Kids do as well as they can."

Old 01-04-2010, 12:04 AM

EDD: September 8
Name: Alison
How long it took to you to get your BFP: 3 cycles
What number child is this for you: 3rd living
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DP J, DS Toad-3 years, DS Frog-11 months
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): None... we'll be equally thrilled with a third boy or our first girl
Names you like (& are willing to share): None yet lol
Birth Plans/Preferences: Probably UC
Blog, website or the like: Working on that
Anything else you'd like to share: This is my 10th pregnancy, I've had multiple miscarriages and am really just praying this baby sticks

Alison
Mama to Toad (08/06), Frog (01/09)... and new baby Newt born on his due date, Sep. 8, 2010
Old 01-04-2010, 01:24 PM

UPDATE: due date of 9/1 based on my ultrasound today

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribord View Post
EDD: don't know yet, no AF since DD was born. Guessing EDD 9/2010 due to some fertile-looking CM a couple weeks ago.

How long it took to you to get your BFP: not using BC since DD was born... 2 years ago

What number child is this for you: 2

Anything else you'd like to share: Looks like I caught the first PP egg, which I am very surprised about! Don't know yet if it will be sticky or not (I have a history of m/c and anovulation... plus my HPT lines have been very faint... plus I have zero symptoms except for a yeast infection) but I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts. Had my HCG and progesterone tested Saturday (results not back yet) and will head back tomorrow morning for more. I'm keeping this on the DL IRL so happy to have someone to share with here. Congrats to everyone!

DD 12/07 DS 9/10

Old 01-04-2010, 03:36 PM

* EDD: September 10th
* Name: Valerie
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: One try on the right day, it was actually an oops pregnancy, but a very welcome and wanted one anyway.
* What number child is this for you: 3
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): I'm married and have a 6 year old girl and 3 year old boy.
* Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): No feelings yet.
* Names you like (& are willing to share): Not sure, I'm trying to decide if we should stick with the C names.
* Birth Plans/Preferences: Unmedicated Hospital birth
* Blog, website or the like: none
* Anything else you'd like to share: I was actually going to start student teaching in the fall, but my plans were changed. I'm hoping to continue in school with a newborn and then student teach next year.

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
Old 01-04-2010, 04:09 PM

Hi Mamas,

I'm cautiously entering your due date club. I got a BFP yesterday at 11 DPO and again today on a Digital test so I guess I'm really pregnant! I'm thrilled to be here.

* EDD: 9-15-10
* Name: Stacy
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: 4th cycle after miscarriage
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Husband, Daughter (4/07)
* Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): Either one would be fine but my daughter keeps asking for a baby brother
* Names you like (& are willing to share): Not yet.
* Birth Plans/Preferences: Nurse midwives at the hospital
* Anything else you'd like to share: I'm really nervous after having had a miscarriage in September but I'm cautiously optimistic this baby will stick!

Mom to DD (3), my little peanut (9/10/09) and our newest addition 9/16/10
Old 01-04-2010, 06:15 PM

EDD: 09/14/10
* Name: Becky
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: 2 months
* What number child is this for you: third live birth (5th pregnancy)
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH (32) DS (6) DS (4)
* Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): would like a girl but happy either way
* Names you like (& are willing to share): Kaitlyn or Carolyn
* Birth Plans/Preference: unmedicated in the hospital

-Becky
DH 10/01, DS 1/04, DS 1/06, DS 5/09 (born sleeping), DD 4/11
Old 01-04-2010, 07:04 PM

* EDD: 9/14/10 (which is 10 days after I turn 28)
* Name: Mae
* Location: IL, moving to NC around July (oh yay big pregnant move!)
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: about 2 years... with this being our 7th cycle trying
* What number child is this for you: 3rd child, 4th confirmed pregnancy
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DF is a USMC Sgt. stationed in NC... we will be getting married in July as per pre-pregnancy plans. Then The kids and I will move down there. Its going to SUCK moving over to tricare and changing states/hospitals/doctors so late in the pregnancy
* Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): Im dead set this is a boy. I dont mind either way... I have one of each and will love them no matter what they are. I just sort of feel like its a boy.
* Names you like (& are willing to share): Alexander. Have a girl name but cant share.
* Birth Plans/Preferences: WANT a midwife/birthcenter but with moving across country so late in the pregnancy I do not see midwife in my future.
* Blog, website or the like: uh... Ill share that once the family knows. Dont want anything accidentally mentioned out where people know me IRL
* Anything else you'd like to share: I... am just so amazed to be posting here right now. 7th try... I didn't think it would happen! Im currently terrified I will not be here for long but I'm sure many share that sentiment.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:25 PM

EDD: 9/6/10
Name: rakishchick
How long it took to you to get your BFP: 4 months from last m/c
What number child is this for you: numero uno
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH, married 4 yrs
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): according to chinese calendar, it's a boy!
Names you like (& are willing to share): not sure yet
Birth Plans/Preferences: birth center

mama to scarlett born 9/1/10
Old 01-04-2010, 10:46 PM

EDD: 9-9-10
Name: Sharon
How long it took to you to get your BFP: 2 cycles
What number child is this for you: 3rd
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH, DS (3/06) and DD (2/08)
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): No idea, would be happy either way
Names you like (& are willing to share): I have a really L O N G list
Birth Plans/Preferences: We're planning another homebirth. I'm a bit nervous this time because my labor with DD was very painful.
Blog, website or the like: teamsalem.blogspot.com
Anything else you'd like to share:

Mama to DS (7) , DD (5) and DD (2) and expecting a LO in 2/14

Old 01-04-2010, 11:19 PM

Congratulations Valerie, Becky, Sharon and Rakishchick! It's so great to see so many people here.

And Mae-congratulations!!!! Wasn't this your first month trying? You really are a fertility expert! I'm so happy for you (and share your sentiment about being worried).

Old 01-04-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudentmommy View Post
Congratulations Valerie, Becky, Sharon and Rakishchick! It's so great to see so many people here.

And Mae-congratulations!!!! Wasn't this your first month trying? You really are a fertility expert! I'm so happy for you (and share your sentiment about being worried).
7th cycle out of 2 years... last cycle before a 7 month hiatus pre-wedding... so it was lucky #7 that did it for us!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:21 PM

Oops-Mae I know it wasn't your first month trying. But I thought you and your fiance had been living apart and it was your first month TTC in recent months. I don't mean to come across as totally clueless!

User Tag List