September DDC Roster ♥ Due Dates & Introductions - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 255 Old 01-24-2010, 01:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all! Glad to be here.
My name is Siobhan. I just turned 30. I live in Chicago with my husband of almost 10 years and our 3 1/2 year old son.
This is my second pregnancy after what I guess could be considered 3 years of not actively trying to *avoid* a pregnancy. I'm actually really glad now that my son will just have turned 4 when the baby is born. I am due mid-late Sept.
Sooooo excited to be pregnant and give birth again! I loved it all the last time around. We'll have another homebirth with my wonderful midwife.
Won't be finding out sex of baby but my husband had a dream 2 days before I took the pregnancy test that I was pregnant and gave birth to a boy. Genetically though, a girl is more likely. Either is fine. I love the surprise!
It seems way to early to be thinking of names although, the girl name we had in mind before my son was born was Carmen Isabel (after the grandmothers).

Bilingual mama to DS J 6/4/06 and new DS C 9/27/10  homebirth.jpg
#182 of 255 Old 01-24-2010, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J's Mama View Post
Genetically though, a girl is more likely. Either is fine. I love the surprise!
Welcome! Sorry if I'm being nosy - do you have a genetic reason to expect a girl? Beyond the 50-50 idea, I think more boys are actually born in the US by a 6th of a %

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#183 of 255 Old 01-24-2010, 03:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
* EDD: September 3rd. But...I will deliver in late August w/a c-section for multiple reasons...BUT...my pregnancy is in sync with the mommas here...lol
* Name: Heather
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: wasn't trying, wasn't preventiing....
* What number child is this for you: 3 ...but this is my 6th pregnancy...
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies)h- Biily, Parker- almost 8, Carlee- almost 5
* Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): I don't care, but I think it's a boy!
* Names you like (& are willing to share): No idea yet.
* Birth Plans/Preferences:C-section...multiple reasons...
* Blog, website or the like:
* Anything else you'd like to share: I'm a PAL momma and REALLY praying this is my rainbow baby! I delivered a 20 week stillborn in Feb 07, had a 5 week m/c in May 07, and a 17 week stillborn in late Nov. 07.

Heather , momma to ' Parker- 10, Carlee- 7 and our baby Genevieve Faith - 8-27-10

#184 of 255 Old 01-24-2010, 11:12 AM

Xecomaya - I guess I should have said, that in our family, girls are more common. I am one of 4 sisters with 2 brothers. My husband is Mexican and his mom gave birth to 4 daughters and 3 sons and of her 21 grandkids only 5 are boys!! (one of which is my son)

#185 of 255 Old 01-24-2010, 01:03 PM

While genetically its only the fathers side that matters...

Im pretty sure Im having a boy due to the same reason... only it goes further than just that his father had 3 boys 0 girls and his one brother that has a child is a son...

his grandfather had 6 boys and 1 girl... those boys have a total of 12 boys and 1 girl, and THOSE boys have all boys except one girl that is due any day now that could still turn out to be a boy.

So we will be pretty surprised if its a girl.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#186 of 255 Old 01-24-2010, 01:48 PM

* EDD: September 28th, so probably October LOL!
* Name: Cindy
* How long it took to you to get your BFPell with this pregnancy, I wasn't trying yet as I had an early miscarriage of my 08/10 pregnancy. I didn't have a period so I was not pregnant for about 2 weeks. Longer term, we've been trying for baby #2 for about 2.5 years, and I had three losses in 2 years. Here's to this one sticking!
* What number child is this for you: 2--but it's my 6th pregnancy.
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies) DH of 8 years and my 5.5 year old DD, Maeve
* Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): I don't care.
* Names you like (& are willing to share): No idea yet.
* Birth Plans/Preferences: hopefully a CNM at a "crunchy" hospital; I will be seeing an OB for this first part, though.

Happy Mom of Maeve (6). Always missing my DD2 Daisy (22 weeks--June 2008). After an ectopic at 6 wks (11/08) and a miscarriage at 5 wks (12/09), Rainbow Baby Finn is here (10/3/10)
#187 of 255 Old 01-24-2010, 05:26 PM

* EDD: September 30th 2010
* Name: Nette
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: This little bird was a surprise
* What number child is this for you: 2
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies):
Clément (partner) , Baylin (son), and Samson (cat)
* Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): we want it to be a surprise
* Names you like (& are willing to share): Evangelina
* Birth Plans/Preferences: Homebirth VBAC

Hip Hippie Mamatreehugger.gif to Baylin & Evangélina hbac.gif and Wife to my sexy Frenchman Clément luxlove.gif living frugally green in the beautiful mountains of West Virginia. Expecting our newest French Fry July 2012!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***Rainbow.gif

#188 of 255 Old 01-25-2010, 02:04 AM

EDD: Sept. 11
* Name: It's too google-able. Just call me Pippi
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: Second try
* Family: Husband and and a daughter who's 2
* Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): We're not going to find out but right now I'm thinking girl. That might just be because I have a girl and I'm used to thinking about my baby being a girl Last time I thought I was having a boy so I don't have a good track record.
* Names you like (& are willing to share): We keep it a secret.
* Birth Plans/Preferences: Homebirth. My daughter was born at home and the midwife strongly recommended a homebirth again -- but she said to have us come sooner as they almost didn't make for the birth last time.

I'm mostly a lurker but I enjoy popping in now and then. I hope you all have a wonderful 9 months!
#189 of 255 Old 01-25-2010, 12:38 PM

EDD: early october
* Name: Cat
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: 1 year
* Family: Husband 25 DS 20 months
* Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): I dont care just so happy to be pregnant
* Names you like (& are willing to share): No idea
* Birth Plans/Preferences: I will be birthing at a hospital in my small town. so its very personal. but wont be going in untill I am almost ready to push!

I am so excited to be here! I will be on both boards since I am due the 2nd of October. Congrats to all you ladies!

Cat married 4 yrs to DH DS '08 Early October 2010.
#190 of 255 Old 01-26-2010, 04:51 AM

Location: back in the GREAT state of Minnesota! oh how i have missed you!
  • EDD: Sept 29th
  • Name: Kelly
  • How long it took to you to get your BFP: 4 years total, but really only 2 with DH home
  • What number child is this for you: 1
  • Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): i have my DH, 3 dogs and 1 cat (who will ot leave me alone!)
  • Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): really whatever God want to give me. i just hope for healthy and happy. if i DID have my pic it would be a boy, but i really dont care
  • Names you like (& are willing to share): Hazel for a girl and thats all we agree on so far
  • Birth Plans/Preferences: HB (meeting with MWs this week!)
  • Blog, website or the like: i cant type so therefor you would not want to see a blog from me you will get to see over the next 9mths
  • Anything else you'd like to share: i am so happy to get to learn and grow (no pun intended ) with you all over the next 9 mths!

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.
#191 of 255 Old 01-26-2010, 06:19 PM

EDD: Sept 12th
Name: maba
How long it took to you to get your BFP: 6 months
What number child is this for you: 1
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): Either is fine
Names you like (& are willing to share): Haven't thought about it yet
Birth Plans/Preferences: Natural Birth
Blog, website or the like: None
Anything else you'd like to share: I am so happy to have joined this forum. I'm sure I'll learn a lot here
#192 of 255 Old 01-26-2010, 09:20 PM

EDD: Sept 24
Locale: New England
How long it took? Totally unplanned.
Number child: 2
Family: DD, DH, 2 cats
Birth plans: homebirth

It's likely I'll be dropping out around week 10-11. I have a chromosome disorder and about 6 miscarriages under my belt (literally!) so, while I want to be optimistic, I'm prepared for whatever happens. But I hate suffering in silence, so I'm in as long as it lasts.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#193 of 255 Old 01-26-2010, 10:04 PM

Welcome Bri! I hope your stay is a long one (until September 24!) You have one child so there's always hope right? I'm sorry for all of your miscarriages. That must have been so hard.

Mom to DD (3), my little peanut (9/10/09) and our newest addition 9/16/10
#194 of 255 Old 01-26-2010, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maba View Post
EDD: Sept 12th
Name: maba
How long it took to you to get your BFP: 6 months
What number child is this for you: 1
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): Either is fine
Names you like (& are willing to share): Haven't thought about it yet
Birth Plans/Preferences: Natural Birth
Blog, website or the like: None
Anything else you'd like to share: I am so happy to have joined this forum. I'm sure I'll learn a lot here
Hi! I'm in Pittsburgh.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
#195 of 255 Old 01-27-2010, 03:43 AM

* EDD: 9/28
* Name: Lindsay
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: 2 months
* What number child is this for you: #2
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH Jeff & Mikaela (20 months)

Lindsay, happily married to DH for 7 years, mama to DD (6/08) and expecting a peanut 9/28.
#196 of 255 Old 01-29-2010, 04:20 PM

* EDD: September 18th, though I went 9 days late with DD, so I'm guessing it'll be closer to the end of the month!
* Name: Lisa
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: about 3 cycles of kinda trying
* What number child is this for you: 2nd
* Family: DH (27), DD RG (13 months), and 2 crazy dogs
* Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): It would be nice to have another girl so we can reuse all of DD's things, but a little man would be great too! I have no guesses at this point... we'll see!
* Names you like (& are willing to share): We like Josiah for a boy and Abigail for a girl.
* Birth Plans/Preferences: I want to have a homebirth. DD was born gently and naturally in a hospital with a wonderful pro-natural family practitioner, but he retired from birthing shortly after she was born. (stupid malpractice insurance costs!) Since I can't deliver with him again, I really want to have a homebirth. I've heard of several great midwives in our area, but I need to start doing some interviews, asking more questions!
* Anything else you'd like to share: I just became a certified Bradley teacher and started teaching my first class two weeks ago. It will be exciting to be pregnant along with my students!

Look forward to sharing the next 9 months together!

Me (27) and : DH (29), DD 12/08, DS 9/10, and #3 due 04/13!! Knitting, gardening/preserving, sewing, doulaing, loving God & others. Dreaming of my future farm...
#197 of 255 Old 01-29-2010, 07:54 PM

EDD: Sep.25
Name:Shannon
Locationahu
How long it took to get your BFP: Wasn't trying, just charting and apparently I barely had a chance to O before it was snatched up.
What number of child is this: 5
FamilyH 33,DS 8,DS5,DD days away from 4, DS 2 and one little cocker spaniel
Baby's gender: I hope for a girl but will be super happy for another boy too.I'm still getting used to the idea of 5
Names you like: I have no idea, I used up all my names.My boys are all versions of John but we still haven't used John.
Birth Plans/Preferences: It may be another UC I might not have insurance and I live even farther from a hospital and have really fast labors, my 3rd we barely made it to the hospital around the corner from our house and I had her while the Drs were still getting dressed and I was halfdressed on the triage bed.
Anything else you'd like to sharee are a military family and my kids have been born in each of the places we've been stationed ( Saratoga Springs,NY,San Diego,CA, Bremerton WA and Ford Island, HI).I am tandem nursing and really don't want to triandem even though I've done it before.I don't get to post often so hopefully I'll get t join in with you all.

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

#198 of 255 Old 01-30-2010, 03:08 AM

EDD: Late September
Name: Allison
What number child is this for you: 1!!
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH (22) 4 wonderful dogs 2 kitties
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): hoping for a boy, but would love a girl
Names you like (& are willing to share): Mark and Emaline. Mark was my dads name, and emaline is a beautiful song by Ben Folds and my dad named me after a song!
Birth Plans/Preferences: not sure yet
Anything else you'd like to share: we were not activly trying, but I stopedtaking birth control in July and figured it was a matter of time, and it was!! I love kids, and have worked with them mist of my life, I've been a full time nanny, and have ran a church childrens department, I'm also an aunt, but it's going to be soooo amazing to have a child of my own!!

- Mom to Baby Mark (9/18/10) and 4 wonderful dogs!
#199 of 255 Old 01-30-2010, 07:23 AM

* EDD: Sept 6th
* Name: Sheila
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: This is an "surprise" baby. We were actively preventing.
* What number child is this for you: 5
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH is Jason, DD is Lex 19 years old, DS1 is Jake, 13 years old, DS2 is Ben, 8 years old, DS3 is Gabe, 2 years old. We've also got one cat, 9 chickens, 5 ducks and a bunch of fish.
* Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): Hoping for a girl!
* Names you like (& are willing to share): Don't know yet, names are really hard for us.
* Birth Plans/Preferences: As natural as possible.
* Blog, website or the like: Just starting a blog, haven't put up my first post yet, but it'll be milkmamas.wordpress.com
* Anything else you'd like to share: I'm looking forward to getting to know people here. Glad I found this site, as I'm not a mainstream type parent. We co-sleep, extended breastfeeding and as much attachment parenting a we can. ETA: Oh yeah, and I'm just starting training to become a La Leche League Leader!

Sheila ~~~Happily married 23 yrs joy.gif, mama to five wonderful kiddos with #6 babyf.gif due in July grouphug.gif! familybed1.gifbftoddler.gif
#200 of 255 Old 01-30-2010, 02:28 PM

UPDATE - I'm new here!!!
EDD: 9/25
Name: Suzanne
How long it took to you to get your BFP: 6 mos.
What number child is this for you: 3rd baby
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Gavin is my wonderful dh, Delaney is 6 and Will is 34 mos!
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): Thinking Girl but no preference as we have one of each right now!
Names you like (& are willing to share): Not sure....
#201 of 255 Old 01-31-2010, 04:20 PM

theypswife and sk8boarder15 - I'm in Chicago too. And theypswife- I had my son and will also be having this baby as a homebirth with Sarah Simmons. I'm sure you've heard of her as she's one of the few around here. If you have any questions about her, feel free to PM me!

#202 of 255 Old 02-01-2010, 09:17 PM

EDD: October 6/7. I went 3 weeks early with DD1 though so I don't know.
Name: Crystal
How long it took to you to get your BFP: 1 try
What number child is this for you: 2
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH, DD, and a psycho dog
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): I have a gut feeling it's a boy
Names you like (& are willing to share): none yet
Birth Plans/Preferences:hopefully a homebirth, but we have to interview the midwife first. If not we'll deliver with the FP that delivered DD

I know I'm due in October, but I went 3 weeks early with my first so I figured I'd join both DDC.

obstruct livery vehicles

#203 of 255 Old 02-01-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_R View Post
What part of Iowa? I live in Illinois near Clinton, IA

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#204 of 255 Old 02-01-2010, 10:11 PM

Please post an introduction about yourself, a suggestion of things to include would be.....
EDD: September 23rd
Name: Mariko
How long it took to you to get your BFP:we weren't really trying, but we also knew we likely would.... i guess it was one try?
What number child is this for you:2
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies):DH is Daniel, DS is Owen my wonderful 2 yr old, the dog-dog is Mena
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses):i think we're both hoping for a girl, but will simply be over-joyed with a healthy baby of either sex, of course
Names you like (& are willing to share):Beatrix (Beatrice), Felix.... not decided, but i like them both
Birth Plans/Preferences:going for another homebirth!
Anything else you'd like to share: I'm a Canadian, living in Philadelphia.... missing Ottawa, but loving my community here. Life moves quickly, doesn't it?! I was in the DDC for September 2009, but had a miscarriage around 13 weeks and have been going through some self-care this past year before feeling it was time to try for another pregnancy. Praying for a healthy and wonderful pregnancy for myself and everyone here! I'm excited to be a part of this growing group!
#205 of 255 Old 02-02-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
What part of Iowa? I live in Illinois near Clinton, IA
Cedar Rapids, so East Central.

obstruct livery vehicles

#206 of 255 Old 02-02-2010, 08:46 PM

I'm so happy to be here. I've never been very active on MDC but I've heard great things about the DDCs.

* EDD: Sept 12
* Name: Jen
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: 1 month
* What number child is this for you: 3
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Hubby Jason, DS Luke, 5, DS Dex, 3.
* Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): Hoping for a girl but will be thrilled to have another boy
* Names you like (& are willing to share): Siobhan is my favorite girl name but I don't think I can convince DH
* Birth Plans/Preferences: Hoping for a home water birth

Jen Mama to Luke (9/04) Dex (5/06) and a new little one in September
#207 of 255 Old 02-03-2010, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjenfirenjen View Post
* Names you like (& are willing to share): Siobhan is my favorite girl name but I don't think I can convince DH
Try to convince him!!!! Siobhan is my name and although it was funny growing up I love it now! Unique names are the best!

#208 of 255 Old 02-03-2010, 08:02 PM

Hi. I just found out today that this is where I belong!

* EDD: Sept 22
* Name: Mandy
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: Um, we caught the 1st PP egg. We weren't trying.
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH, and 2 boys, ages 4.5 and 11 months
* Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): I really need this baby to be a girl. NEED.
* Names you like (& are willing to share):
* Birth Plans/Preferences: Either homebirth or MW at a hosptial an hour away.

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

#209 of 255 Old 02-04-2010, 04:05 AM

Hi, I want to join now! Found out a couple weeks ago... took this long for the shock to wear off!

* EDD: Sept 17
* Name: Megan
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: We weren't trying. Surprise!
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH, DS 13 months-Rowan, DSD 13 yrs-Taejha, 2 dogs Takhisis and Leia, and the fishes.
* Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): Of course I'd be happy either way, but a little girl might be nice!
* Names you like (& are willing to share): Well my favourite girl name last pregnancy was Rhiannon, but that sounds too similar to Rowan...
* Birth Plans/Preferences: Hopefully homebirth with midwife, otherwise hospital is 2 minutes away, with the midwife

...And when your deepest thoughts are broken,
keep on dreaming boy, cause when you stop dreamin' it's time to die.

#210 of 255 Old 02-04-2010, 09:39 PM

Sort of suspected I was preggers for a week or two...but just confirmed this week. Congrats and hello to all the mamas!!

* EDD: Sept 22
* Name: Kel
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: We were not trying or avoiding...and are completely over the moon!
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH~Den, DD1~ Em, 32 months, DD2~ Pen, 16 months
* Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): We'll be thrilled either way...(but a boy might be nice )
* Names you like (& are willing to share): Charlotte Sage and Ruby Wren are favorites if it is a girl, not letting myself think of boy names yet, lol
* Birth Plans/Preferences: Hopefully a VBAC, had a life thretening placenta abruption with my last pregnancy, which was a total shock since I had a med-free water birth with my first...really hoping to have a drug-free VBAC! *keeping fingers crossed!!*

Kellylady.gif, married to the love of my life, Denpeace.gif , DD1 5/07dust.gif , 11/07, DD2 10/08modifiedartist.gif , DDS 8/10jammin.gif, expecting our next blessing this winter!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page