Mothering Forum banner

The One Thread (weekly chat) - Jan 6th-16th

6K views 268 replies 38 participants last post by  MaerynPearl 
#1 ·
The One Thread is a way for us all to have a place to post whatever does not fit elsewhere that we do not want to make a new thread for. It comes from the TTC One Thread which was created so women could talk together no matter what point in the cycle they were in.

This Weeks Threadmistress:

MaerynPearl

Next Weeks Threadmistress:

Please let me know if you are interested Jan 17th-23rd

ABOUT US:
Please, to be added to our about us section... put your request in BOLD and include name, number and genders of previous children and/or losses, and what gender you think this one is! We already have the roster thread to keep track of due dates, but I think the what I think/feel/hope vs. what it turns out to be may be neat! Username in Pink thinks/feels/hopes it is a girl, blue means boy and green is neutral.

MaerynPearl: DS, DD, 1 angel baby
reneeisorym: first pregnancy
ilovemyavery: DD, DS, 3 angel babies
kalamos23: DD, 1 angel baby
LovnMyBoys: DS, DS, 3 angel babies
Jrene: first pregnancy
Chloe'smama: DD, 1 angel baby
PinkBunch: DD, DD
Jules09: angel DS, 1 angel baby
happyblessedmama: DS, DS, DD, DD, DS
tribord: DD, 1 angel baby
foodmachine: DD
louis: first pregnancy
tolovemercy: DS, DS
bohemama: DD, DD
CraftyMcGluestick: first pregnancy
slf: DS
Lissybug: DS, DS
my-j-angel: DS, DS, angel DS, 1 angel baby
triscuitsmom: DS, DS, 8 angel babies
cinderella08: DD
Orca: DS, DD
Bethanta: 1 angel baby
BlessedMama te: DS, DS
HCK73: DS, DD
Kelly1101: DD
oregonduck: 1 angel baby
Ambivalent Dreams: DD
Caoimhe: DS, DSD, DSD, 1 angel baby
Just1More: DD, DS, DD
LJ: DS

Great Links!
Add yourself to the Roster Thread! That way we can keep track of who is due at the same time!
Share your belly pics. Dont be self conscious! Many FLUFFY mamas are posting too!
Worries thread. For when you have worries but want to share them in an environment with other worriers!
Pregnancy after loss. Sometimes those who haven't gone through it do not understand as well, you will find people who have there
Spotlight Thread Sign Up Sign up to share a bit about yourself with the rest of us!
Visible Embryo See pictures of what your baby looks like right now!

See less See more
#2 ·
please let me know if you have any suggestions, ideas, ways I can fix this, etc.

Otherwise, enjoy chatting.

My first little blurb for here:

if it weren't for the four tests sitting in front of me telling me I am pregnant, I don't think I would believe it right now.

#3 ·
OMG MAE! I'm just now reading the news -- I've been MIA a few days. I can't believe we are in the same DDC!!!! I have enjoyed your posts for something like a year! OMG! Congrats!
I'm SOOOOO happy you are here!

OK ok ... calming down ...

Reneeisorym: Pregnant with the first.

I think it's a boy. I've been listening to too many wives tales and the Chinese calendar. My husband wants a boy, and I wouldn't mind a boy first. I really have a longing for a girl at some point, but I would be ok with the next one being a girl. I would also be soooo excited with a girl.

#4 ·
You were fast
I feel bad about not seeing your reply until now! Thanks again!

You can add me please: ilovemyavery: DD, DS and 3 early losses

I have no idea what I'm guessing about gender! I'm just hoping it's not twins
Although my 14 DPO HCG levels were low enough to be normal for singleton, but not likely for twins. My best friends little boy, who keeps accurately predicting genders, just told her that they "need to fly home soon to see Aunt Carrie's two babies!" Yikes! He both didn't know I was pregnant and has told her this before (Aunt Carrie's having two babies next- a boy and a girl.) My DS is also insistent, and has been for some time, we are having a boy and a girl next. DD sweetly keeps saying, "NOOOOOO, we don't get to PICK. It doesn't WORK that WAY. And TWO babies would NOT be fun!"

I'm also feeling not pregnant, but in a good sort of way. I have sore breasts, particularly sore nipples and that funny full lower belly feeling. I'm getting afternoon headaches, which is typical for me in the first trimester as my hormones build and my caffeine withdrawal progress
I'm super bloated, and look like I'm about 15 weeks, not 4w3days. Ugg... I don't know how a teeny tiny little lentil bean can make me look this big!

Anyway... enough about me for the day! What's up with everyone??

#5 ·
I feel like I have a UTI (yay pregnancy!)
My lower back hurts (yay pregnancy!)
Im cramping but not AF-like (yay pregnancy!)
My boobs hurt and are huge, I sent a picture of them to DF because they are so big (and they are normally 40Ds so they dont start off small) (DF says yay pregnancy!)
My nausea comes and goes but is prevailent whenever I least want it (yay pregnancy!)

and as I said before, if it werent for the 4 very very blaring positive tests in front of me (2 digis and 2 FRERs) I would swear Im not pregnant... (yay pregnancy!!!!!!!!!)

Oh and don't feel bad, back before they shut down my job, I was paid for my typing. Ive been clocked at anywhere between 75wpm (when Im casually typing with nothing in particular to say) and right around 90wpm when I know what I am saying.

#6 ·
kalamos23: DD, 1 angel baby - I just have a feeling this is a boy... we shall see!

I am SO mind numbingly tired. Like, you know when you wake up in the middle of the night but not on your own, and you're kind of disoriented and soooo sleepy? Feels like that. I hate to complain but ugh - seasick nausea all day AND bone tired is not fun.

But, I am pregnant! Just can't wait until the 2nd tri.

#7 ·
May I ask why you think boy?

My reasoning is...

the timing is boy-ish (DTD 2days before through day of O... not on purpose)
DFs family is strongly male. all brothers, all uncles, all male cousins having all male babies, the girls are all married in.
I have morning sickness much more like with DS
My cravings are more similar to with DS... DD I wanted fresh fruits/veggies (I bought some in case I craved them... but they taste icky
the kids say they are great though!)
And just a general feeling in my gut that this is my little Alexander... who we have been talking about for two years now!

#8 ·
No real reasons other than intuition - my mom used to get tired with the boys and energetic with the girls, but other than that... oh, we totally had girl timing and positioning with this one, BUT we had boy timing and positioning and got DD :)

The only thing that might swing us in favor of a boy is that I was dairyfree when we concieved and for 2-3 months before that - I've heard that can sometimes make you more alkaline though I don't know how true taht is.

#9 ·
LovnMyBoys: DS, DS, and three angels.

I'm thinking boy based on the fact that today's ultrasound dated me at almost 7 weeks meaning we probably caught the egg on O day. Well that and we've already made two of them!

Right now I'm just hoping dh starts to get a little more excited with me. I think he is still coming to terms with everything. The pregnancy immediately preceding this one was a huge surprise and after the loss I realized I did truly want a third. He was still on the fence, but as we were discussing the possibility he chose not to use condoms leading to the very quick turnaround to this pregnancy. I think as things progress he'll become excited (and I have no concerns about him not wanting this baby at all).
I did catch him van shopping last night!

#10 ·
Im preggo with our first. Its taken 10 long yrs to get pg after 2 mc. EDD is from my calculations 9/6/10

I thought for boy you had to catch the egg late in ovulation or something like that. I think ours will be a boy if thats true.

#11 ·
Chloe'smama- DD 18 months, 1 loss

Please add me!

My thoughts today:
Please help me find my motivation, my house is a disaster and I am not playing with DD like usual. I want to be a good mommy even though I am a bit tired and cranky.

Thoughts on gender-
I would love another girl since the kids will be very close in age, although I would like a boy just in case this is our last...

DH really wants another girl. DD is too young to even understand the concept (which makes me a little sad).

Other thoughts-
I am feeling rejected by DD who has suddenly decided she wants to be with DH more than me. I think it has to do with my milk supply dropping drastically, although, she is still nursing at least 5 times a day and 2 at night. She seems to still want the closeness.

#12 ·
PinkBunch--DD1 (3.5), DD2 (2--today!!), praying for a boy We tried some pretty involved methods for swaying gender in the 3 cycles before this one, none of which were successful. This cycle, we didn't even stick to timing (didn't wait for a Peak on the monitor because I was afraid I wouldnt' get one first cycle using it), but we did use appropriate position, and TMI!!! I made sure to O first AND after. I also hip propped and used an Instead Cup. I have no idea if any of that will make a difference. I'm pretty resigned to having a 3rd girl--and I will be thrilled. But I really would love to parent both genders, and I always have wanted a boy.

DD1 keeps saying that we're having 2 more babies, first a boy and then another girl. I hope she's right!

Other than that, I scheduled my first appointments today. I go next Thursday for my nurse appointment--just a clothes-on history taking and orders for bloodwork. They probably will take oodles of blood again because I have to have baseline labs run since I have a history of pre-e, and I probably will get to pee in a jug for 24 hours. Good times... BUT I don't get to have my first real appointment till 11 weeks! Boo hiss. I'll be about ready to find one of my mw friends and beg for a doppler by 9w...

#13 ·
seems a lot of kids are saying that

my own DD has floored my mother more than once by talking about mommies two babies that she will have just after mommy marries her DF...

Which... we are planning on getting married July 3rd and our due date is September 14th...

She wont tell us genders (she says we wont know that until they are born) but she swears up and down Im going to have two babies.

#16 ·
Darn pregnancy brain!

I put a pizza in the oven.... went back 20 minutes... and turned the darn oven ON.

It will be another 14 minutes or so until supper is ready.

#17 ·
Jules09 - My first son passed away
, and one early loss.

The Chinese gender predictor predicted a girl for my miscarriage (correct) and a boy for my son, and predicts a girl for this pregnancy. So maybe a girl? On the other hand, since we lost a boy, it would be really nice to have another boy. So I'm on the fence about whether it's a girl or boy!

#18 ·
OH my goodness

I just realized my mom is going to be SO upset

shes already sad we are moving away (1100 miles away... after the wedding) but 3 months later Im going to have another baby! and she wont get to be there the day its born!

#20 ·
lol... i told my mom she can come and visit but she will be upset over a new grand baby she cant hold right away (she was there holding my hand when my son was born and shortly after my daughter was)

She wont be able to fly out after saving up to attend my wedding which is 6 hours away.

#21 ·
I think it's a boy because the Chinese calendar says so. I have also heard that your cats will snuggle with you more when you are having a boy - which they are. I also heard that you don't have as much m/s and feel better with a boy. I feel pretty good.
Oh and we BDed the day before and day of ovulation ...

#22 ·
I felt HORRIBLE with my son and fine with my daughter. But then again, both of my children had heads full of hair and they say you will get heartburn that way... and I didnt get any that was not directly related to the morning sickness.

I think my body likes to be backwards of most things.

However my cat IS more snuggly... which may be due to pregnancy but may also be due to the fact that we left her home alone for a week and her only company was my mom when she came over to feed her and check the mail.... poor baby. But she HATES other cats so we couldnt take her with... DFs mom has a cat that is 16 years old! My 1 year old kitty would KILL her.

Does anyone else feel their body loosening up?

It hurts... everything hurts... my muscles hurt, my joints hurt, things are popping and groaning that dont usually do much of anything... and I know its from my body starting to loosen up for the pregnancy (which means, not far behind it will be that loss of dexterity)

#23 ·
Neat idea. Signing up here doesn't mean we want to be a threadmistress, right? I don't think I'll ever have time to do that... my computer time is spotty at best

Anyway...

happyblessedmama with 3 DSs (ages 8, 7, 11 mos) and 2 DDs (ages 5 and 2). I'm neutral to pink-leaning for this pregnancy (#6).

#24 ·
Just adding a bit of a reminder for me....

Added to here.

Night yall. (its not even 10pm and Im going to bed. Me. The stay-up-til-sunrise-queen...

yep. Im pregnant!

Nope, you wont be put on mandatory threadmistress. Ill do it the whole time if no one else volunteers and it will be put back on my shoulders any time we dont have volunteers.

Im gonna put you in as our first pink. Hope you dont mind.

oh and our PINK is actually PLUM... the PINK is hard for me to see.

#25 ·
I have a DD and one angel baby. Sometimes I think I'd like a boy and sometimes I think I'd like another girl. Regardless, I am feeling like this one is another girl. Guess we'll see.

I'm just 6 weeks now and anxiously awaiting my u/s on Monday to see how the little bean is doing. Last u/s which had me measuring 5w6d showed just a faint heartbeat, not enough to even be measured so I'm a bit worried. I don't know when I O'd, so dating will be based from the u/s.

#26 ·
tribord - the heart starts beating right at the end of 5 weeks-beginning of 6 weeks, so it sounds like you are right on schedule! I think they will probably date you pretty close to your EDD right now. I wouldn't be worried that it wasn't enough to be measured - it starts off slow and speeds up little by little - seriously, you sound right on track! *hugs*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.