How about anyone planning on a homebirth? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 01-14-2010, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachshundqueen View Post
Yes, I already chatted with her today (I'm 3w6day) ha ha.
We also used her for our second.

Liz
So glad to see you here... out of all of the pms I get (and as you probably figure I get a lot) yours is currently one of my favorites!!!!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#32 of 37 Old 01-14-2010, 10:39 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
We had a HB with dd and are planning another with the same MW.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
#33 of 37 Old 01-14-2010, 11:13 PM

Maeryn-I'm pretty sure your midwife delivered my second baby. And she IS wonderful!

I'm planning a homebirth, but I'm moving at 30 weeks, so...I have to find a whole new midwife and try to settle in...

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#34 of 37 Old 01-14-2010, 11:13 PM

We are planning another midwife-attended homebirth. I had a hospital transfer with my first baby, my second and third were both lovely homebirths and I'm planning another for this babe.

I'm really excited because we are finally in our own home that we purchased this past summer...and I'm excited to birth and nest in a home we own rather than another rental. I mean, the rentals worked and I loved it, but I'm excited for this too.

Emily: Homebirthin' mama to 3 boys and a girl.
#35 of 37 Old 01-15-2010, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
We just had the last consult and I picked my midwife!!! Hurray, bad news, looks like we are going to be paying $3000 out of pocket (insurance will only cover a small portion). Still trying to figure out if we can do it

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#36 of 37 Old 01-15-2010, 06:14 PM

I had a homebirth with DS and will do so again. The only hitch for me is that my midwife is also pregnant and will be taking off the months of August, September and October. So I have to find a new midwife or go with her partner (who I've never met....but at least that way I could see her for prenatal care). I paid out of pocket last time and will likely have to again, but it was SOOO worth it. DS would have almost certainly been a c-section in a hospital, so it saved me not only heartache, but probably also saved me money in the long run.

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

#37 of 37 Old 01-16-2010, 06:45 PM

I am planning a homebirth this time. I have had 5 homebirths and my last one was born in the hospital because I was barely in my 35th week. I hope to keep this one in a little longer. Helen

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page