Moms of many?? - Mothering Forums
September 2010 > Moms of many??
mbhf's Avatar mbhf 03:32 PM 01-22-2010
I know the ddcs are generally populated by first time moms, but I think I've seen a couple moms on #4 or more in here... Check in!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More 03:54 PM 01-22-2010
Working on #4 here.
wryknowlicious's Avatar wryknowlicious 04:18 PM 01-22-2010
I'm pregs with #4 here! My oldest is almost 6.
gabbyraja's Avatar gabbyraja 05:02 PM 01-22-2010
I'm on number 5! 5 under the age of 9...
Just1More's Avatar Just1More 05:19 PM 01-22-2010
My oldest will be just under 5.5 when the baby comes.
RedOakMomma's Avatar RedOakMomma 05:38 PM 01-22-2010
This will be our fifth child, though we lost our son a few years ago at 5 1/2 years. So yeah, sometimes I say this is our fourth, sometimes I say it's our fifth.

It's definitely our last! I am so, so, so excited about this baby, and so happy that dh was willing to have this last precious child.
jessiemom's Avatar jessiemom 05:46 PM 01-22-2010
this is our 5th. My kids are 7, 5, 3 and 18 months.
MaerynPearl's Avatar MaerynPearl 06:48 PM 01-22-2010
this is #4 if you count my loss... #5 if you count my unconfirmed loss :/
mbhf's Avatar mbhf 06:51 PM 01-22-2010
Nice to see so many! I guess it's fairly obvious from my signature but I have a 6 1/2 yo, almost 5yo, 3yo, 15mo and I'm about 6 weeks pregnant.
etsdtm99's Avatar etsdtm99 06:57 PM 01-22-2010
i'm on baby #3 (pregnancy #4, 11 week loss), which feels like 'many' with all the 1st/2nd timers you meet everywhere ! people are always so shocked we are having more than 2 kids..
AnneCordelia's Avatar AnneCordelia 07:08 PM 01-22-2010
I'm growing #4 too! Love big families!

This is my 5th pg though...I also had an 11 week loss.
mommamisty's Avatar mommamisty 08:19 PM 01-22-2010
#5 for me (+an 11 week loss)
I have 9dd, 8ds, 6dd, and 4dd

This is my first with my new SO and his first ever. My ex got snipped after 4 but i strangely didn't feel like I was done, so when J wanted to have one of his own I was excited and here we are 8 weeks now!

p.s. my friends ask if I am competing w the Duggars
mrsjtc's Avatar mrsjtc 10:24 PM 01-22-2010
We're on #4! So far we have ages 8, 6 and 2 - all girls!
JTA Mom's Avatar JTA Mom 02:25 AM 01-23-2010
Number 3 here, counting Joseph. Number 2 to other people.

Ami
Galatea's Avatar Galatea 12:01 PM 01-23-2010
This will be our 4th child. My others: ds 5, ds 4, dd 20 mos.
umsami's Avatar umsami 12:55 PM 01-23-2010
This will be #4 God-willing. Sadly, we're calling it "Arbaa" (Four in Arabic) for now. The other little ones have had more creative nick names in-utero.

We have DS1, 6-1/2.
DS2, 4-1/2,
and DD1 2-1/2.

2/3 of my babies are Autumn babies--so this one means that we're going to have many many bday cakes in the Aug-Oct arena (as DH and I have birthdays then too!)
RedOakMomma's Avatar RedOakMomma 12:56 AM 01-24-2010
I'm glad there are so many of us with larger families. I love following along with moms who are having their first or second (it's so sweetly new to them), but at the same time it's fun to read experiences of people who have been through it a few times and have an experienced appreciation of pregnancy and birth.

Is anyone worried at all about telling certain people in your extended family? We've told all our friends and my sister, but we're nervous about telling our parents/dh's siblings. I just know they're going to think we're crazy. Heck, sometimes I think we're crazy.
Just1More's Avatar Just1More 01:04 AM 01-24-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOakMomma View Post
Is anyone worried at all about telling certain people in your extended family? We've told all our friends and my sister, but we're nervous about telling our parents/dh's siblings. I just know they're going to think we're crazy. Heck, sometimes I think we're crazy.
Nah, but I'm not really looking forward to the stares in the grocery store. Fortunately, here, alot of people have larger families, but I don't know about VA. Most of the military up there are just starting out, so they are younger and just starting their families...or even just starting to think about starting their familes.
RedOakMomma's Avatar RedOakMomma 01:06 AM 01-24-2010
Yeah...."you really have your hands full" was old about THREE YEARS AGO!!! I used to get that at least a couple of times a day from total strangers. With four I can't even imagine what they're going to say....
Just1More's Avatar Just1More 01:12 AM 01-24-2010
I read on here a phrase someone used to combat that and now I use it regularly...

"Better full than empty." Said with a sweet smile.

After a while I just want to hug the little old lady that says, "What a beautiful family."
happyblessedmama's Avatar happyblessedmama 05:14 AM 01-24-2010
We're thrilled to be expecting #6. Other kids ages are in my sig, but they range from 8 yrs to 11 months.
mrsjtc's Avatar mrsjtc 10:40 AM 01-24-2010
So since we've all been around this block a few times before ...

What is the one thing you are enjoying right now that you know will change soon?

For me:
- hugging my hubby and kids without a big belly in the way
- Laying on my back for a few more weeks
- being able to fold over and reach my toes (or at least close to it ... )
- walking without waddling

Don't get me wrong, I love feeling the baby move and knowing that there is a new life forming in there. But wow, I get huge. I am seriously enjoying this last few weeks before the belly starts!
Galatea's Avatar Galatea 02:32 PM 01-24-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjtc View Post
So since we've all been around this block a few times before ...

What is the one thing you are enjoying right now that you know will change soon?

For me:
- hugging my hubby and kids without a big belly in the way
- Laying on my back for a few more weeks
- being able to fold over and reach my toes (or at least close to it ... )
- walking without waddling

Don't get me wrong, I love feeling the baby move and knowing that there is a new life forming in there. But wow, I get huge. I am seriously enjoying this last few weeks before the belly starts!

I like sleeping on my tummy and wearing normal clothes and no one knowing unless I choose to tell.

This time I am going to do non-maternity clothes as much as possible.
MaerynPearl's Avatar MaerynPearl 02:34 PM 01-24-2010
I like eating food and not getting heartburn (wont be long...)

I like shaving my legs without a mirror.

I like standing up out of a chair without needing support.

I like being able to sit on the ground.

I LOVE being able to sit here without my tummy covering my legs!
Chembrlee's Avatar Chembrlee 04:40 PM 01-24-2010
This will be my 7th my oldest being 16. I love it. We have moved from the Palm Springs area to the San Diego area and I LOVE how over here I get a lot more sweet "God bless you"s than "You know what causes that" comments.

Being here also allows me to have the homebirth I have always wanted so it will be so wonderful to be surrounded by everyone while this little one is being born.
gabbyraja's Avatar gabbyraja 10:22 PM 01-24-2010
I don't get "You're hands are full" nearly as often as "Boy are you busy!". To which I respond "Heck yes I am!". I like the better full than empty comment, though. I think I'll use that one.

I love not having vulvar vericose veins. I'm able to stand in the shower without feeling like I just got kicked in the testicles (well, that's what I imagine that feels like, anyway).

I like going to the chiro now and then instead of every week.

I like not having to beg my hubby for back rubs every day.

I like being able to sit at the computer for an hour at a time, if I like, without squirming and practically crying with twisted rib pain.

I like getting up without getting light headed.

I like standing in line at the grocery store without feeling like fainting.

I like holding, cuddling, and playing with my 13 mo w/o feeling a deep remorse that his entire life is about to change irrevocably, and mostly not for the good (sharing mommy so much).

And I must say I am REALLY enjoying the fact I'm not really having m/s yet. At this point in my pgcies I'm usually about literally green all day. So far I'm feeling only cravings and periodic nausea. Nothing I can't handle, and that's GREAT! I like to think it's my Eliminate Nausea Now script from HypnoBabies, but I don't really know. Nor do I really care!
Up