11 dpo beta results - Mothering Forums
September 2010 > 11 dpo beta results
sunwillshine's Avatar sunwillshine 07:24 PM 01-25-2010
Hi all! (x posted in Oct DDC and TTC).

I just got my 11 dpo beta #s back.... HCG = 47 and progesterone = 42!!!

They are concerned because they think the HCG is low... mostly because I am stupid and told them at the appointment that my LMP was 12/24... so they thought I was 16 dpo and not 11 (despite what I told them). Silly me, I should have said LMP was 12/28 or 12/29. Live and learn.

But I think it's GREAT! What do you think??? It's not low, is it??? I'm psyched about the progesterone levels!

Going back in first thing tomorrow to get a repeat beta. I'll be 15dpo (by my count lol)

MaerynPearl's Avatar MaerynPearl 07:27 PM 01-25-2010
xposted reply:

It IS a great number!

not high, not low, just right in there around where it should be!
sunwillshine's Avatar sunwillshine 07:31 PM 01-25-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
xposted reply:

It IS a great number!

not high, not low, just right in there around where it should be!
*phew*

Of course I've tried to look at a bunch of charts (including betabase) but the ranges are so huge, I certainly can't tell what's "normal."

It was funny how the nurse who called me had this concerned tone (because they think I was almost a week later at the draw) and I was basically over the moon. Lol.
Monkey Keeper's Avatar Monkey Keeper 07:43 PM 01-25-2010
Yup...looks great to me!!
bohemama's Avatar bohemama 08:10 PM 01-25-2010

Kelly1101's Avatar Kelly1101 08:45 PM 01-25-2010
So they're not telling you that you're not pregnant anymore, are they? Did you manage to not say "I told you so"?
AnneCordelia's Avatar AnneCordelia 08:51 PM 01-25-2010
Sounds great! My DD pregnancy was hCG of 24 at 11dpo. I think it sounds awesome!
xekomaya's Avatar xekomaya 09:36 PM 01-25-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneCordelia View Post
Sounds great! My DD pregnancy was hCG of 24 at 11dpo. I think it sounds awesome!
Wow, that's exactly half. That means you could have 2 in there, Lyndzies!
sunwillshine's Avatar sunwillshine 09:46 PM 01-25-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by xekomaya View Post
Wow, that's exactly half. That means you could have 2 in there, Lyndzies!
Whoa, whoa now. Lol. I think it means I implanted early, around 4 or 5dpo (which would make sense, according to my temp patterns.).

Buuuuuuut.... you never know!

I wanted to say "I told you so" sooooo bad, Kelly! Lol.
xekomaya's Avatar xekomaya 10:14 PM 01-25-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
Whoa, whoa now. Lol. I think it means I implanted early, around 4 or 5dpo (which would make sense, according to my temp patterns.).
just a tease. I'm glad your numbers came back good
MacKinnon's Avatar MacKinnon 10:18 PM 01-25-2010
I was at 60 at 14 DPO, my OB was very happy with that. At 11 dpo, at 47 you are ahead of where I was! I think you are doing great!!! Congrats!! I obssessed about those numbers too, running them through the doubling time calculators, staring at charts, etc. I found a list of averages that made me feel much better! At 14 DPO, the average is 48, so you are doing wonderful for 11 days! Are you having a second HCG done to see doubling time, or was this basically a proof of pregnancy??
sunwillshine's Avatar sunwillshine 10:39 PM 01-25-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemyavery View Post
I was at 60 at 14 DPO, my OB was very happy with that. At 11 dpo, at 47 you are ahead of where I was! I think you are doing great!!! Congrats!! I obssessed about those numbers too, running them through the doubling time calculators, staring at charts, etc. I found a list of averages that made me feel much better! At 14 DPO, the average is 48, so you are doing wonderful for 11 days! Are you having a second HCG done to see doubling time, or was this basically a proof of pregnancy??
I think it was originally supposed to be "proof of pregnancy" and a progesterone check, but because they think my HCG is low, I'm going for another draw tomorrow (15dpo). I'll take it! I'm interested to see what my doubling time is!

P.S. Thanks for the list of averages!
tribord's Avatar tribord 10:52 PM 01-25-2010
Those #s look good to me! The hcg does seem like it would be a little low for 16 DPO so that is probably why they are acting worried.... on the plus side now you get another beta just to confirm doubling is happening as it should! (I like to use betabase to calculate doubling time).

PS I don't think you are stupid for telling them your actual LMP... we shouldn't have to lie to our providers. They are supposedly smart folks and should know that not everyone ovulates on day 14. With DD I had my due date pushed back 2 days to match my ovulation date. It may not seem like a big deal, but if you are with an OB and hit 41 weeks you may start to get pressured for induction, etc., and a few extra days could make a difference. At some point I would go ahead and push them to change your EDD, especially b/c your O date is 5 days off your LMP date.

And Congrats!!!
kalamos23's Avatar kalamos23 05:52 AM 01-26-2010
My hcg was 46 at 10dpo (could have been 11dpo) and I went in at 14dpo (15dpo?) and it was 564 - so I bet your numbers come back great! Fwiw, only one bean - you can have high numbers and just one kid so don't freak if they come back high! Mine have been high with both kids so far :-)
Up