Mothering Forum banner

The One Weekly Chat - Feb 7th - Feb 13th (come on in! all are welcome!)

3K views 120 replies 23 participants last post by  slf 
#1 ·
The One Thread is a way for us all to have a place to post whatever does not fit elsewhere that we do not want to make a new thread for. It comes from the TTC One Thread which was created so women could talk together no matter what point in the cycle they were in.
This Weeks Threadmistress:

MaerynPearl

Next Weeks Threadmistress:

Please let me know if you are interested Jan 17th-23rd

ABOUT US:
Please, to be added to our first post... put your request in BOLD and include name, number and genders of previous children and/or losses, and what gender you think this one is! We already have the roster thread to keep track of due dates, but I think the what I think/feel/hope vs. what it turns out to be may be neat! Username in Pink thinks/feels/hopes it is a girl, blue means boy and green is neutral.

foodmachine: DD
HCK73: DS, DD
Jrene: first pregnancy
Just1More: DD, DS, DD
kalamos23: DD, 1 angel baby
Kelly1101: DD
louis: first pregnancy
LovnMyBoys: DS, DS, 3 angel babies
MaerynPearl: DS, DD, 1 angel baby
mommy2chloerae: DD, DS
Orca: DS, DD
PinkBunch: DD, DD
prettyuglybefore: DD
reneeisorym: first pregnancy

CraftyMcGluestick: first pregnancy
dandns85: first pregnancy
gradstudentmommy: DD, 1 angel baby
happyblessedmama: DS, DS, DD, DD, DS
LJ: DS
my-j-angel: DS, DS, angel DS, 1 angel baby
Sarahfina: DD
slf: DS
Teamsalem: DS, DD
tolovemercy: DS, DS
tribord: DD, 1 angel baby

54mama: DD, DD, 1 angel baby
Ambivalent Dreams: DD
Bethanta: 1 angel baby
BlessedMama te: DS, DS
bohemama: DD, DD
Caoimhe: DS, DSD, DSD, 1 angel baby
Chloe'smama: DD, 1 angel baby
cinderella08: DD
expectingTiger: first pregnancy
Galatea: DS, DS, DD
gottecat: DS, 3 angel babies
ilovemyavery: DD, DS, 3 angel babies
Jules09: angel DS, 1 angel baby
Lissybug: DS, DS
mantischick: first pregnancy
mrsjtc: DD, DD, DD
MsDolphin: first pregnancy
oregonduck: 1 angel baby
triscuitsmom: DS, DS, 8 angel babies
wryknowlicious: DD, DD, DD

Great Links!
Add yourself to the Roster Thread! That way we can keep track of who is due at the same time!
Share your belly pics. Dont be self conscious! Many FLUFFY mamas are posting too!
Worries thread. For when you have worries but want to share them in an environment with other worriers!
Pregnancy after loss. Sometimes those who haven't gone through it do not understand as well, you will find people who have there
Spotlight Thread Sign Up Sign up to share a bit about yourself with the rest of us!
Visible Embryo See pictures of what your baby looks like right now!

See less See more
#3 ·
Glad to hear it Mae!

So apparently I am super clumsy now and I totally fell down our stairs this morning. I woke up to my alarm at 5:30 and heard a beeping downstairs so I immediately got up and went to the stairway and down I went. I went down on my butt for three or four stairs til my foot slammed into the wall and stopped me, but it was a little scary! I already have a bruise on the top of my butt. I am sure everything is fine - I had no cramping or spotting yet - it was just really terrifying this morning.

And the beeping was a dumb IHome Ipod player - one of the cats turned the alarm on!

In other news, my first appt is on Thursday and I can't wait!

#4 ·
that reminds me... my ultrasound is TOMORROW...

we have a snow storm starting tonight and lasting until sometime wednesday. go friggin figure right?

and clumsy = soooooooo pregnancy related. I fell on my rear and had my feet go under my car this time. with dd I tripped while running to the store and tore up my elbow and knee something fierce... with DS I fell down the stairs twice.

all in the first trimesters!

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Last nights little pain freak out turned out to be my constipation coming to an end after all, SO happy!
ROTFL that was so me last week.

Louis, ouch! This early in the pregnancy, I don't think it's anything to worry about, but don't make falling downstairs a habit

Not much going on here... still feeling sick every time I eat something, and fine when I don't eat. *sigh*

Making a crusty italian bread to have with dinner, though, so that's fun. Bread seems to be the only thing I can cook without turning my stomach at all.

Filed my taxes last week, looking forward to that return and figure I'm going to put it towards a new vehicle... mine is pretty much on its last legs.

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post
Making a crusty italian bread to have with dinner, though, so that's fun. Bread seems to be the only thing I can cook without turning my stomach at all.
one of my FAVORITE treats with DD... italian tomatoes on crusty white bread (italian or french, not a huge amount of difference lol)

soooooooo good. Id get a 1/2 pound container from work the day after we made it (not as good the first day, a little better after it sat for a short while) then put it on the bread and eat it... then dip the bread in the juice when the tomatoes were gone.

#7 ·
mantischick, expecting #1 and I have no clue if it is a boy/girl

Well I'm back from a nice long hiatus
. I finally have some good days mixed in with my bad days with morning sickness. I was doing the "Technicolor Yawn" (at least that's what my DH calls it) at least three-four times a day and even worse, being on the computer triggered it! I'm a computer science grad student and I had to hand write all my work and beg DH to type it up. Otherwise within 5 min of being on the computer I'd start in with the rolling stomach, dizziness, and the overwhelming urge to get the the toilet right now before I lose it. Strangest thing ever. Started right at 5w5d and only now, 10w3d, can I handle being on the computer for any length of time.

I look forward to chatting and getting to know all of you girls

~mantischick

#8 ·
Hey guys! Checking in after almost a week out of state visiting my mom and a blizzard. Very exciting. I'm 10w today and feeling closer to normal than I have since before my BFP. Whew. Still have aversions and the off moment of nausea, but so much better.

Bread sounds SO good, warm with lots of butter. But I am waaaay too lazy to bake bread

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
Totally miserable. Do not want another baby, do not want to be pregnant, don't want to work, don't want to be sick, want to just eat, don't want to be stuck in 2 feet of snow. Just totally miserable.
I'm glad you're talking about how you feel, at least. Don't feel bad for feeling this way...it's totally reasonable and normal. I'm so sorry it's so miserable right now.

#11 ·
Galatea--I just wanted to send you some hugs and warm thoughts as well. Certainly it's difficult to adjust your expectations and to deal with being sick when this was not what you wanted or planned. Your feelings are what they are, and you're right to acknowledge them. Hang in there.

#12 ·
Louis-How scary! And painful! I'm glad everything seems to be okay. And thanks for saying "beeping". Dh is gone tonight and I need to check his alarm to be sure it's off. He keeps it in the kitchen and I'm going to be rather annoyed if it goes off at 4 or something tomorrow.

Mantischick:
Nice to meet you!

Pinkbunch: Welcome back!

Galatea-sorry things are tough right now. Your name reminds me of ice cream, and makes me think of you as a cheerful person. I'm sure you'll get through this!

Clumsy, bread, taxes. Yeup. That's my life. Except, while things keep slipping through my fingers, I can't have the other two, but they are on my mind. Ds can't eat bread, so I don't like making it. Seems cruel to him for the rest of us to be drooling over this treat and him not get any. Our taxes are goofed up because the health dept. neglected to check the box to request a SSN for our last dd. Since dd has never seen a doctor, it's quite the ordeal to get a ss card for her now. Without which, we can't file taxes. I should have realized we didn't get it sooner, but it was supposed to take a while to get, then dh deployed, and I traveled, and just didn't think about it. Until we went to file our taxes. Harumph. Maybe I can get something worked out tomorrow, if the ss office people happen to be in our town. (They come to the health dept. every whatever Tuesday here in town. I just don't know if tomorrow is one of those days. Otherwise I can drive 1.5 hours to their regular office. With 3 kids. And have to wait there for hours, the lady warned me. No thanks.)

I'm jealous of everyone's snow! Fat chance we'll get ANY. It's all about perspective, huh? I'd love to build snowmen with my kids, and drink hot chocolate and eat warm, cozy comfort food! But, I am a SAHM with stocked cupboards, so the reality of it doesn't really weigh on me at all. And, actually, if it really got bad, dh would be required to stay home. So, here, snow would just get better and better for me.

#14 ·
Clumsy and completely brain dead. Oh my goodness, I took a diaper off DS, chucked the poop in the potty, wrapped the diaper up all nice and neat, and chucked it in the potty too.
At least I'm laughing about it. I spill water and/or food in the kitchen at least once with every meal I prepare.

I've been kind of MIA the past week too. I have a doula client who is due next week. She started labor on Thursday evening and called me to the hospital. I got there and her labor was pretty slow. Stayed all night, she wanted Pitocin to augment. That didn't work....long story short, they turned the Pit off and sent her home 20 hours later. So....after 20 hours of being at the hospital with her (with morning sickness no less) we STILL don't have a baby. I'm dread hearing the phone ring.

#15 ·
I fell too! I work in a furniture store. I thought I was sitting on a reclining sofa, but it was actually the foot rest that was extended. When I sat, it snapped under and I fell to the floor. I pulled a muscle in my back. I can't take any medicine obviously. I've just been limping around.

I bled a little after intercourse which freaked me out yesterday. Then that night I had really bad cramps just on the left side.

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoulaLMT View Post
Oh my goodness, I took a diaper off DS, chucked the poop in the potty, wrapped the diaper up all nice and neat, and chucked it in the potty too.

ROTFL AAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I shouldn't laugh because I'm probably jinxing myself to do the same thing today, but that's funny.

Thought when I woke up that husband wouldn't have to go to work, then it ended up he did
Should have known it was too good to be true to have him here on a weekday, although of course we need the money so it's a good thing that they aren't missing work.

So, that changes my plans for today. Now I'm regrouping and trying to figure out what needs to be done, as we have breakfast.

#17 ·
I feel like I haven't been on here in forever, and I blame it on sleep taking over my life. All I seem to do is sleep, and not necessarily sleep well. So frustrating.

In other news: I have felt very fat the last couple days. Major bloating, and I might be showing a little. I can't which it is

#18 ·
bethanta--Probably a little of both. It's amazing how the rearranging of your innards changes belly shape

Anyone seen/heard anything from foodmachine?? I've been away so maybe I missed her?

I'm very excited for two reasons this morning: 1) I took my PNV last night, and I did not feel ill this morning and 2) coffee tastes delicious! I am so, so glad to be winding down the first tri

On another note, anyone else getting smacked by this wonderful snow storm? I really should have gone to the grocery store yesterday... I want my cereal, and we have no milk

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bethanta View Post
I feel like I haven't been on here in forever, and I blame it on sleep taking over my life. All I seem to do is sleep, and not necessarily sleep well. So frustrating.

In other news: I have felt very fat the last couple days. Major bloating, and I might be showing a little. I can't which it is

I've been sleeping like crazy too. I feel like an infant. I need to eat every 2 hours and then take a nap. DH has been great about letting me sleep when he's home but once he goes to work, it's just me and DD.

I'm majorly bloated and constipated. I even tried some coffee today to get things moving. No luck yet. I might need to buy some Citrucel or something.

#21 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkBunch View Post
bethanta
On another note, anyone else getting smacked by this wonderful snow storm? I really should have gone to the grocery store yesterday... I want my cereal, and we have no milk

We are due to get it Friday. We don't have snow plows or anything here so the world just stops if there's any on the roads. I'm not looking forward to being stuck in the house.

#22 ·
Snowing here now. I have no one to shovel my driveway for me so I will have to do it myself in the throes of morning sickness. Then drive in the snow storm down to the city to have my ultrasound (and get kitty food. Shes sort of mad at me right now lol... I bought the wrong stuff last time)

#23 ·
It's snowing here for me know too. By the time I leave work it will probably be pretty yucky and will take me way to long to get home
. But we haven't had that much snow at all this year so I can't complain.

#24 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Snowing here now. I have no one to shovel my driveway for me so I will have to do it myself in the throes of morning sickness. Then drive in the snow storm down to the city to have my ultrasound (and get kitty food. Shes sort of mad at me right now lol... I bought the wrong stuff last time)
Isn't there some nice neighborhood kid who might want to make a few bucks shoveling your driveway for you? And I hate to sound like a broken record, but have you thought of downloading the Hypnobabies Eliminate Nausea MP3?

#25 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by gradstudentmommy View Post
Isn't there some nice neighborhood kid who might want to make a few bucks shoveling your driveway for you? And I hate to sound like a broken record, but have you thought of downloading the Hypnobabies Eliminate Nausea MP3?
I ended up bribing my brother with an extra 5 bucks to walk over here and do it (he lives about 8 blocks away... but doesn't have a car) so instead of the usual 10 its 15... and I give him a ride home.

All of the neighborhood kids are still in school... I live in an area where almost every home has a child in elementary school... and the oldest boy near us is 16 but is paralyzed due to an ATV accident last summer. (small town, I know everything about everyone... even if I don't want to lol)

As for the hypnosis thing... if I have to pay for it... I cant do it. I just spent my last 15 bucks this week on bribing my brother to shovel for me lol. I suppose also by the time I have money again... I wont need it anymore. I'm 9 weeks today and while its still bad... I don't think its going to last much longer.

I could be wrong.

#26 ·
We got about 18 inches of snow this weekend and are supposed to get another 3-6 tonight. My first ob appt is tomorrow, I will be so upset if I have to reschedule b/c of snow. I've waited 4 long weeks for this appt to come up, I really really really want to make it tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.