Morning Sickness Gone, Rejoice or Worry? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-15-2010, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Would you worry if you lost morning sickness at this point?

I woke up with a fever and sinus infection two days ago. And the loss of morning sickness. I thought it might be that the illness covered up the MS but I am feeling better now...

Mama to expecting Babe 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2010, 12:35 PM

How far along are you? It may just be that your nausea is going away while you start to ease into the second trimester...

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

Old 02-15-2010, 01:04 PM

Yeah, I'm here too. My nausea lifted at 9 weeks (10w2d now) a TON. Still get occasional little fits, but nothing like it was. I alternate between worrying and rejoicing.

I DO, at least, remember that when I was pregnant with DS1, I woke up on the morning of 9wks and felt freakishly fine. I called the midwife and begged for bloodwork. He was totally fine, and we heard his sweet little HB a week and a half later. So, it is OK, and it is normal, so I'm trying not to worry. Easier said than done, though.

I'm having terrible cold/sinus issues as well. Yuck.

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

Joyfully expecting #5 April 2014!
Old 02-15-2010, 01:20 PM

Erin, you give me hope-- I'm still feeling pretty sick here at 9w2d (or so).

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

Old 02-15-2010, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

I'm keeping hope alive b/c I remember my morning sickness ended with a terrible sinus infection the first time around. Seriously ridiculous sinus pain lol. And then the nausea was gone.

So scared...to be happy either way lol. The 1st trimester is a pain.

Mama to expecting Babe 2
Old 02-15-2010, 02:53 PM

mine got better for a day... was hopeful it was easing up... but then came back full force hoping this is just its last hurrah and it goes away soon.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
toward the 10th week, it would come and go.... some days were brutal (worse than the rest of the 1st trimester) and now it is pretty much gone. I will be 12 weeks on Thursday.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

Old 02-15-2010, 03:34 PM

Mine went almost entirely away during the end of my 9th week/start of my 10th...but now I'm halfway through the 10th and have had two days kick my butt. Feeling pretty lousy again.

I wouldn't worry. I think some lessening of symptoms is really, really normal around week 9 or 10.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
Old 02-15-2010, 03:54 PM

Mine started to get better when I was about 10 weeks and by about 11 1/2 weeks was pretty much all gone (although I still have moments where it hits me again just a bit).

But even though I knew it is totally normal for it to start getting better at that point, I still worried

DD 12/07 DS 9/10

Old 02-15-2010, 05:21 PM

Same here--late 8th/early 9th week the nausea took a hike. I still get a few waves here and there, but not the all-day stuff at all. I'm 11w today.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Old 02-15-2010, 05:33 PM

I was taking progesterone from 3.5w until 6w6d - I weaned off in the 6th week because it was making me SO sick. Anyway - I was really m/s with DD, but since about 7w even I have felt SO much better. Still have food aversions, but nothing like before. I'm just trying to enjoy this MUCH easier first tri (in comparison to DD's) so I'd just enjoy it! 11w today and it got even better at 9ish weeks, so yeah - rejoice!

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
Old 02-15-2010, 07:05 PM

How far along are you? I also had a good week 9, but a couple more sicky days in week 10. I'm so far more good than bad though, and I think my morning sickness is waning as I approach 11 weeks later this week. With my last two I was clearly better by 10 weeks, nearly 100% by 12 weeks. I couldn't get over how much better I felt! Like a switch was thrown or something. This time I'm on progesterone, so I'm really looking forward to that being done at 12 weeks too, I think it's contributing to my feeling more sick/tired now than with my other two.

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

Old 02-15-2010, 07:11 PM

i read somewhere that there is a big hormone shift around 9-10 weeks and many people stop feeling sick then.. i'm not so lucky as that same shift seems to make me feel MUCH worse and it doesn't go away until 16ish weeks..

- Staci, Mommy to Mollie (3/06), Jamie (5/08), Annie (9/10) and Bently (2/13) chicken3.gif
Old 02-15-2010, 10:00 PM

Claddaghmom- I could have written this post almost verbatim. I'm doing the exact same thing. I started with a sinus infection at 10.5 weeks and am now about to turn 12 weeks on Wednesday. The vomiting seems to have abated? although the last time I said that, I was sick for two more days...lol...I do get a couple waves of nausea here and there though...hopefully this is something to rejoice about! Oh, and the sinus infection is still here...

Samantha, married to Holly for over five years . DD #1 born 12/13/06 , DD #2 born 8/18/10 and 2 furballs of indeterminate age.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpgoddess View Post
Claddaghmom- I could have written this post almost verbatim. I'm doing the exact same thing. I started with a sinus infection at 10.5 weeks and am now about to turn 12 weeks on Wednesday. The vomiting seems to have abated? although the last time I said that, I was sick for two more days...lol...I do get a couple waves of nausea here and there though...hopefully this is something to rejoice about! Oh, and the sinus infection is still here...
Cool we have a little club! lol

I think it's really interesting that I got it the 2nd time around. I just wrote it off the 1st time as working too much and finally letting myself get sick. But lo and behold the exact same thing happened. Must signify something! Hopefully sticky babies!

Mama to expecting Babe 2
Old 02-16-2010, 12:08 PM

I have been so sick that my impulse is just to say: Rejoice, baby! Nausea-free living is GRAND! (Look forward to it myself, someday...)

But I do understand the worry. You're not so early that the cessation seems sudden and bizarre though, especially since you got a sinus infection that seemed to stop it like in your previous pregnancy. I am 11w6d and I am gradually, gradually, oh-so gradually less sick. FWIW, I think you should enjoy it whole hog. Remember those of us who are still occasionally getting severely stomach-punched and live it up as a happy, glowy mama!

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:40 PM

I was most miserable at 6-7 wks and felt MUCH better the day I hit 8 weeks. I am just now turning 9 weeks and have been feeling much better all week and am also slightly disconcerted by it. Then again I had almost NONE with dd and she was fine so I can't read too much into whether I have it or not or for how long.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:39 PM

This is a timely post.

Aside from still being able to sleep for days at a time, I just don't FEEL pregnant. My nausea has pretty much stopped (never had much vomiting - not like last time - but had nausea ALL THE TIME, which totally sucked). Then, I woke up with what I thought was a cold a few days ago that coincides with my new lack of m/s, but after reading some of your posts I wonder if it is a sinus infection?

I think I am just in that weird place/timing where there is no morning sickness and BH haven't started yet, so I'm walking around just "wondering" where things are. I haven't really gained any weight. I still had a little pooch left over from DD (#1), and I'm probably about 10 lbs heavier than I was at the start of pregnancy #1. So, maybe I won't really gain anything in the beginning this time around (fingers actually crossed on that one!).

I don't know, I guess I'm just venting. Because my m/s was the one thing that kept me tied to the ideas of what was happening inside. Now that it's gone, I don't know how to feel!
Old 02-18-2010, 03:00 PM

After almost 2 months of not being able much at all or even drink much...I celebrated by eating a fake bologna sandwhich with mustard on white bread!
Old 02-18-2010, 03:03 PM
slf

I'm feeling kind of the same way. My nausea has lifted and though I'm still really tired, I feel pretty normal. I'm hoping we'll hear the HB at my MW appointment tomorrow, then I can put my mind at ease

Sandi- firmly attached mama to DS (Feb/08) cautiously expecting #2 09/10
Old 02-18-2010, 04:28 PM

i was horrible for the past week... yesterday it lifted again and today is borderline... i have times when it just feels icky and then I will feel fine like nothings going on at all.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.

User Tag List