Anyone else STILL can't stop peeing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 02-21-2010, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What is up with this? *sigh* I'm trying to remember when the peeing started to ease off with last pregnancy, and can't. I'm 10 weeks today. I finally felt my uterus, I think, last night after orgasm (sorry if TMI, but that's the only time I can feel it early on), an inch or two above my pubic bone. It's hard to feel it and tell because I'm still carrying extra weight from baby number one. But STILL last night I am up six times to go to the bathroom. Make it stop...

Of course being a paranoid worry-wart I'm thinking "is it because my uterus isn't growing like it's supposed to, is something wrong with the baby?" Although had a dating u/s last week and saw heartbeat and everything looked fine...

I'm so ridiculous that if I DID stop having to pee so much, I'd think THAT was a sign something was wrong...

*sigh*

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#2 of 15 Old 02-21-2010, 11:13 AM

this is my 3rd.. and i don't remember hte peeing stopping.. this time, its getting gradually worse .. i don't feel like it is caused by pressure though, but by actually making more pee.. which you do while pregnant .. sooo... i don't think you should worry about it either wya, though maybe try drinking a bit less before bed? i have been having issues with DS waking me up to nurse, and then i can't get up to pee until he goes back to sleep, but i fall asleep too and then the next time he wakes me up i have to go even more and before i know it it is 7am and i am about to explode..

- Staci, Mommy to Mollie (3/06), Jamie (5/08), Annie (9/10) and Bently (2/13) chicken3.gif
#3 of 15 Old 02-21-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsdtm99 View Post
i have been having issues with DS waking me up to nurse, and then i can't get up to pee until he goes back to sleep, but i fall asleep too and then the next time he wakes me up i have to go even more and before i know it it is 7am and i am about to explode..
hahahaha....the story of my life!

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#4 of 15 Old 02-21-2010, 12:36 PM

my uterus has very obviously moved up out of my pelvis so its not pressing on my bladder so much...

so while Im not peeing every 2 hours every more... I am peeing every 3 hours or so.

go to bed at 8 and have to get up twice to pee during the night.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#5 of 15 Old 02-21-2010, 01:15 PM

I'm in August DDC, 16 weeks pregnant and it hasn't stopped for me

There may have been a bit of relief for a week or two, but now the fuller my uterus gets the fuller my bladder gets....lol.

The other night I went to bed at 8:30pm and DP went to bed at 12am. I got up 3 times in that span and twice more from 12am to 7am. I probably drank a lot before bed that night, but it's not too far off from a normal night. During the day I'm probably going every 2 to 3 hours.

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

#6 of 15 Old 02-21-2010, 02:13 PM

I never really had it with any other pregnancy, but the past two nights I've had to get up and pee, and peed a TON. I never, ever wake up to pee.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#7 of 15 Old 02-21-2010, 03:02 PM

Me! 3:30 and 5:15 every night like clockwork...and all throughout the day as well. Like a pp said, it's not just that our uterus is pushing on the bladder but that we're just making more pee and that's a good thing! At least you know you're well hydrated right? I know, that's no comfort on the 3-6th time your up to pee in the middle of the night

Sarah loving wife to Scot...joyous mama to...
Emilee and Elaina and our newest addition Elliot Bell 9/15/10
#8 of 15 Old 02-21-2010, 03:58 PM

I still get up about twice per night to pee. I don't have to go a lot through the day but it seems to hit me at night.

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
#9 of 15 Old 02-21-2010, 08:10 PM

Mine is better now, but it is all relative. Instead of getting up 4 times at night to pee, I get up twice usually. I'm sure what you're experiencing is totally normal. Sometimes, things are a bit different with subsequent pregnancies, too. Muscles shift during pregnancy and things don't have the same tone as they did the first time around.

Mama to DS (7) , DD (5) and DD (2) and expecting a LO in 2/14

#10 of 15 Old 02-22-2010, 12:49 PM

I wake up multiple times a night needing to pee. I'm so exhausted though, that I take about 5 seconds to decide if I need to go enough to get out of bed. I usually fall back to sleep before I can even make up my mind to get up. The 3rd or 4th time that happens I usually have to go SO bad.

Mama to Penelope!! born 9/19/10. Missing Elliott 10/10/09. And expecting expecting again Oct '14!
#11 of 15 Old 02-22-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri276 View Post
I never really had it with any other pregnancy, but the past two nights I've had to get up and pee, and peed a TON. I never, ever wake up to pee.
Yes! The volume is just astounding! LOL

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#12 of 15 Old 02-22-2010, 07:21 PM

I'm another "no nightime" peeing person. I've been up twice a night for a while now. Our bedroom is upstairs and the only bathroom is down, so I have to go downstairs to pee too!! I'm so aggrivated by it I put it off until I'm about to have an accident, then try to climb out around DS, the dog, etc. and not wake anyone, while racing down the stairs in the dark. I remember with DS not having to pee much any more in the second trimester and worrying something was wrong! With DD, it wasn't as clear of a break.

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#13 of 15 Old 02-22-2010, 07:58 PM

I don't recall it every getting better with my last two pregnancies. Right now, I'm peeing about 4 times a night. It's a PITA but what can you do. I already had to pee at least once every night before pregnancy so it's no real surprise to me.

Jen Mama to Luke (9/04) Dex (5/06) and a new little one in September
#14 of 15 Old 02-22-2010, 09:22 PM

Nope, I just assumed it was my lot in life.

I think by the time it was up and out, I was on to the other reason for peeing all the time haha. No rest for the weary.

But what makes it horrible this time around is that we have a family bed and I inevitably have to go when I am nursing DD. If I could just learn to wake up 5 minutes before her and sneak away....

Mama to expecting Babe 2
#15 of 15 Old 02-23-2010, 02:39 AM

Ok I'm not peeing any more than usual ... Tell me I'm just weird and not to worry! (Why is it we find every symptom and lack of symptom a sign that we should worry?)

Married to a wonderful man and we have 1 adorable baby girl (8/30/2010) and 2 furbabies.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page