Your baby kicking yet? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 100 Old 04-15-2010, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
17 weeks and either nothing or teeny, tiny things that could just be gas, and only every 3-4 days at that.

Quote:
When do you start to feel it more regularly??
With my DD, it was regular by this point. I think every pregnancy is so different.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#62 of 100 Old 04-16-2010, 01:04 AM

My baby likes to go to one side and get into a ball. Its so weird and kinda hurts. But I did feel some kicks the other day in the car. But nothing since.

Can't wait for DH to feel it too!

After trying for over 10yrs our bundle of joy was born on 8/5/10 4lbs 7oz ~Brayden Kelley Ray~Such a miracle~Stole our Hearts~ Gods timing isnt our timing, but His timing is perfect~~
#63 of 100 Old 04-16-2010, 12:05 PM

my baby likes to hang out on the side too! either the right or the left but rarely can I pick up a heartbeat in the middle.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#64 of 100 Old 04-16-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri276 View Post
17 weeks and either nothing or teeny, tiny things that could just be gas, and only every 3-4 days at that.
We have the same EDD, and I *might* be feeling things. Or it could be gas

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#65 of 100 Old 04-18-2010, 07:25 PM

I just felt a big ol' somersault. Then I ran to tell DH.. and promptly burst into (happy) tears. No wonder I stay dehydrated.

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#66 of 100 Old 04-18-2010, 08:37 PM

I am convinced I am finally feeling her at 19w3d! I have been feeling so disappointed b/c when we went for the ultrasound, it was clear she was an active little booger, but up until yesterday, I haven't been able to feel her move at all.

However, for the past day or so, I have been experiencing feelings that consistently feel very different than gas or muscle spasms (although that's what I thought they were at first!), so I'm pretty sure that I'm feeling her move around in there. Yay!

I before E, except after C.  Weird.
DD: 8/2010.
#67 of 100 Old 04-18-2010, 10:06 PM

Yay for feeling kicking.

With my second baby here, and getting strong daily movement at 18 weeks. Today Em was sleeping on me in the glider, and the new baby started kicking Emma, haha.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#68 of 100 Old 04-18-2010, 11:50 PM

I'm starting to think I have an anterior placenta. I only feel things at the very top or very bottom, and it is not very frequent. Can't wait to find out at the 20 week ultrasound (still have 2 weeks to wait)!

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

#69 of 100 Old 04-19-2010, 09:37 PM

I felt the first movement at 13 weeks. At 18 weeks exactly my DP felt him/her move for the first time and now I feel movement every day multiple times a day and DP or DS1 can feel the baby every day usually. I'm 19w5d today

Alison
Mama to Toad (08/06), Frog (01/09)... and new baby Newt born on his due date, Sep. 8, 2010
#70 of 100 Old 04-20-2010, 05:28 PM

I've been feeling the little guy kick for about 3 weeks now but I think now I can feel him turning and flipping. His kicks travel/move across my uterus and when he turns, I get this crazy flopping sensation inside! It' so neat and odd!

DH was able to feel him yesterday and that was funny! He got this "There's actually a baby in there!!!" look in his eyes!

Me: lady.gif Sarah, married to: geek.gif J, mommy to: happytears.gif C (8/10) and rolleyes.gif E (11/12)

#71 of 100 Old 04-20-2010, 07:07 PM

Yeah, the flops and somersaults are cool. That's when I'm reasonably sure it's actually the baby I'm feeling.

Still not often, though. Usually there will be one time in the day where she's active for 5 minutes or so, and it's only if I'm laying down. When I'm up and around, I never feel a thing. I have a quick ultrasound Thurs to check my cervix and I'm going to ask exactly where the placenta is. I know it's anterior, I just don't know how much area it's actually encompassing.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#72 of 100 Old 04-21-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri276 View Post
Yeah, the flops and somersaults are cool. That's when I'm reasonably sure it's actually the baby I'm feeling.

Still not often, though. Usually there will be one time in the day where she's active for 5 minutes or so, and it's only if I'm laying down. When I'm up and around, I never feel a thing. I have a quick ultrasound Thurs to check my cervix and I'm going to ask exactly where the placenta is. I know it's anterior, I just don't know how much area it's actually encompassing.
How do you know it's anterior? Have you had one before?

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

#73 of 100 Old 04-21-2010, 01:15 PM

Staying in bed later than normal this morning JUST to feel baby moving! Lol

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#74 of 100 Old 04-21-2010, 02:55 PM

I'm loving feeling the baby move everyday now. Still only once a day sometimes, but everyday nonetheless.

When will DH be able to feel the kicks? I told him I think it will be at least another couple of weeks, but I'm not sure. He really wants to feel it

Mama to Penelope!! born 9/19/10. Missing Elliott 10/10/09. And expecting expecting again Oct '14!
#75 of 100 Old 04-21-2010, 03:22 PM

Where are you ladies feeling the kicks? I'm pregnant with my first and think I feel something every morning about 4:30AM ish but I'm not sure.

*** 5 **** 10 **** 15 **** 20 **** 25 **** 30 **** 35 * * * 40
#76 of 100 Old 04-21-2010, 03:59 PM

I often feel a burst of activity after breakfast, then another one in the late evening. Now that she's approaching 20 weeks, I feel her all the time when she's awake (many bursts per day). But yes, in the beginning there definitely was a daily time pattern to her movements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanta View Post
I'm loving feeling the baby move everyday now. Still only once a day sometimes, but everyday nonetheless.

When will DH be able to feel the kicks? I told him I think it will be at least another couple of weeks, but I'm not sure. He really wants to feel it
Have you felt them with your hand yet? Usually it's a couple weeks after that until your dh is lucky enough to catch one (it's harder for them to feel it, since they don't have the nerves on the inside like we do)...though I guess possibly a dp could feel the movement as early as you do on the outside. I got dh to feel for it by waiting for a burst of movement, and waiting for a time when I'd felt a kick in the same place a few times. Then with my hand I pushed into that area of my uterus (harder than you'd think), relaxed it a little, and waited for baby to push back. When she did that, I asked dh to put his fingers under mine, and I pushed them in for him and waited with him for a kick. He thought he felt one, but he wasn't sure. In this next week, I'm betting he'll feel a convincing one. She's strong!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#77 of 100 Old 04-21-2010, 04:36 PM

I'm almost 21 weeks now, and I've been feeling movement since 15 weeks. In fact, just got a little wiggle. Hi baby!
The 15 week movements were really hazy and fluttery - if this has been my first I would not have noticed them or thought they were gas. Heh, and I just got a flutter move too. Psychic baby!

He's been pretty distinct and active for weeks now, but not enough for me to tell between a kick/roll/stretch. I felt him with my hand once, when I was in bed, but I think it will still be a bit before DH and DS can feel him. Yesterday he was on my bladder all day. It was weird to feel those bladder-punches so early.

With #1 I did not feel him for sure until 18 weeks - and I was spacing out and daydreaming when I felt him. Did not start feeling him daily until about 20 weeks, I think.

I'm glad this time that I'm tuned into all the tiny movements, because he's probably my last and I love each little detail and moment with him in utero.

Mom to two intact boys, born at home. DS1 11/07, DS2 9/10
#78 of 100 Old 04-21-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgo View Post
Where are you ladies feeling the kicks? I'm pregnant with my first and think I feel something every morning about 4:30AM ish but I'm not sure.
I started feeling them right around 8/9 weeks right barely above my pubic bone... by 13 weeks all over the bottom part of my abdomen (matching up with where my uterus measured to!) and now all the way up to my belly button (last check my uterus was already past my bellybutton)

but this is baby #3 and pregnancy #4 for me... I felt my first two babies really early as well, 14 weeks (by 16 I KNEW thats what I was feeling) for my first and 10 (and KNEW right away) for my second.

#79 of 100 Old 04-21-2010, 05:28 PM

Baby seems to have gotten stronger in the last couple of days! I'm 19w 2d and am feeling MUCH more distinct punches/kicks lately. Fun

Marilyn, married to my soulmate Jay and mommy to Elijah Blaze 08/04/2003 and Mila Soleil 10/02/2011 . 
#80 of 100 Old 04-21-2010, 08:46 PM

Several times a day now. And just felt a kick from the outside.

I love this part.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#81 of 100 Old 04-22-2010, 08:47 AM

Yesterday I couldn't understand how people were feeling baby kick their bladders. I'm not generally aware of my bladder, so I just didn't understand how you could know that.

Then last night I felt three distinct thumps way down low. With each one came a strong sensation of "I've got to pee real bad" which lasted only a second. I think that had to be bladder hits.

Jenifer & Tim
Caitlin Renee, September 2, 2010
#82 of 100 Old 04-22-2010, 08:59 AM

lol just wait until those kicks are hard enough to squeeze some out

#83 of 100 Old 04-22-2010, 11:18 AM

Yeah, I figure that will come. For now I'm just enjoying feeling her a little bit.

Jenifer & Tim
Caitlin Renee, September 2, 2010
#84 of 100 Old 04-22-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcelina View Post
How do you know it's anterior? Have you had one before?
Yeah, two. I had a CVS done at 11 weeks and they had to go in through my abdomen because of where the placenta was, and then 2 wks later I had another to make sure the baby was doing okay after the CVS and the tech said my placenta was right where they had done the CVS, left anterior.

But I seriously feel so little compared to what I did with DD by now that I wouldn't be surprised if it's not just on the left anymore (uh, if that can even happen, I mean, I know it can migrate but I just don't know how far to the left it was before).

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#85 of 100 Old 04-22-2010, 10:10 PM

I'm definately noticing some fluttering after I eat. At first I thought it was gas....lol! But it feels different, so I'm pretty sure it's movement.

Janine, wife to Mark, mom to Ashlyn (11), Julianna (9), Andrew (3)
#86 of 100 Old 04-23-2010, 09:56 PM

baby kicked SO HARD not but a few moments ago that it actually made me jump! Was the hardest yet! Cant wait to call baby by their name when I talk to them after they do that lol...

Baby is also very much like their brother and sister... love to kick mommies bladder!

#87 of 100 Old 04-30-2010, 11:56 AM

I just had to bump up this post because I am so shocked and excited.

Yesterday I was sitting in bed talking to my mom on the phone about how baby hadn't moved too much yet for the day and I had my shirt lifted up looking at my belly and the thing started moving. Like bump, bump, bump little fists or feet hitting me from the inside. I just stared in amazement! I got off the phone with my mom and called DH into the room and he got to see it too. It was so neat!

Someone in another thread posted that she gets an US because until then she doesn't quite believe there is a baby in there. I have been thinking about this a lot lately as I am not planning on having any US. There is definitely something in my belly and it wants to make its presence known. If its not a baby, I'm guessing alien.

Hope everyone else is feeling bumps and kicks too!

SAHM to one precious 2 year old and wife to my loving DH. And here we go again!
****5****10****15****20****25**joy.gif*30****35****40
#88 of 100 Old 04-30-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis View Post
I just had to bump up this post because I am so shocked and excited.

Yesterday I was sitting in bed talking to my mom on the phone about how baby hadn't moved too much yet for the day and I had my shirt lifted up looking at my belly and the thing started moving. Like bump, bump, bump little fists or feet hitting me from the inside. I just stared in amazement! I got off the phone with my mom and called DH into the room and he got to see it too. It was so neat!

Someone in another thread posted that she gets an US because until then she doesn't quite believe there is a baby in there. I have been thinking about this a lot lately as I am not planning on having any US. There is definitely something in my belly and it wants to make its presence known. If its not a baby, I'm guessing alien.

Hope everyone else is feeling bumps and kicks too!
Have you pressed in to try feeling baby (dont worry, it wont hurt baby if it doesnt hurt you first!)

I just did finally last night... on accident at first as I thought I had a bad cramp by my pelvis... the muscle seemed so tight! I started massaging it... then baby moved their head and I felt fine!

After that I realized baby is quite big enough for me to feel now so I started pressing in and could feel where baby was (not head up/down or sideways but diagonal at the time! LOL)

#89 of 100 Old 04-30-2010, 12:37 PM

She's moving all the time now.

Quote:
I thought I had a bad cramp by my pelvis... the muscle seemed so tight! I started massaging it... then baby moved their head and I felt fine!
This has happened to me a few times but I don't like it, because I have a hard time differentiating between when it's her stretching uncomfortably against me or a contraction (sometimes the whole uterus is hard but it just doesn't feel tight like a contraction, yk?)

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#90 of 100 Old 04-30-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis View Post
Pretty much the best thing ever, isn't it?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page