Do you have names picked yet? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 75 Old 04-17-2010, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No names yet, but neither of my boys were named at this point either.

I'm just hoping this kid names his/herself. My other two did. Really quite handy. I just had an overwhelming feeling with both of them one day that they were supposed to be named a specific name. And when they were born it was them. I'd like a third time repeat, makes my life easier

Alison
Mama to Toad (08/06), Frog (01/09)... and new baby Newt born on his due date, Sep. 8, 2010
#62 of 75 Old 04-17-2010, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Dh is leaning towards Josephine. I'm leaning towards Isla.

For a boy, I dunno. I was set on Finn but am not sure now. He wants Dashiell or Declan but I don't like either.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
#63 of 75 Old 04-17-2010, 11:08 PM

I told DH if he doesn't come up with something better than Avonlea, that's what it's going to be, and he agreed. Then he suggested Scarlet, which isn't my thing, especially since I know he has a crush on Scarlet Johansson. My criteria is that it can't begin with a J (since DH and DD are J, I don't really want to go down that path*) and DD, who has significant speech delay, has to be able to pronounce it or at least the nickname. She wouldn't be able to say Avonlea very well, but she could say Avy even if it sounded like Abby.

*Although I might make an exception for Jewel.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#64 of 75 Old 04-18-2010, 11:33 AM

I think we've finally settled on a a name: Caden (Cade for short). Gotta come up with the middle name now! Just found out another pregnant friend at work is naming her new son Cade. OH WELL!!!!
Choosing a boy name has been hard! I think we are going to keep the name to ourselves, at least with work people (of course I might tell the other Cade mama privately though!).

I'd hate for him to be born and us think "Whoa, he's not a Caden!!"

Me: lady.gif Sarah, married to: geek.gif J, mommy to: happytears.gif C (8/10) and rolleyes.gif E (11/12)

#65 of 75 Old 04-18-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sere234 View Post
I think we've finally settled on a a name: Caden (Cade for short). Gotta come up with the middle name now! Just found out another pregnant friend at work is naming her new son Cade. OH WELL!!!!
Choosing a boy name has been hard! I think we are going to keep the name to ourselves, at least with work people (of course I might tell the other Cade mama privately though!).

caden/kadin... is a severely overdone name around here. my nephew is one of four that ride his bus... and he and one other are both kadin andrew m. which really gets confusing!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#66 of 75 Old 04-18-2010, 09:01 PM

I think we have narrowed down our names a bit. For a girl, we like Mila Reznor and Alaya Lyric. For a boy it's probably going to be Jude although we also like Thayne for sentimental reasons. The middle name for a boy is going to be a little bit tougher, but we like Jude Afton (Afton is the name of the town we lived in Wyoming right after we got married and it is hugely special for us). We like the name Azael but it doesn't seem to fit with Jude.

I also really like the name Killian, but a client of mine (doula client) named her son Killian about 4 years ago, so it feels like stealing. I really like it though, and the nickname Killi which is cute I think.

In case anyone can use them, some names we liked but decided not to use were Keenan (can also be spelled Kynan), Rhonin, Ayla, and Alida (long I sound).

Marilyn, married to my soulmate Jay and mommy to Elijah Blaze 08/04/2003 and Mila Soleil 10/02/2011 . 
#67 of 75 Old 04-19-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sere234 View Post

Is this your first? When we were pg with our first, we wanted to name him Aidan. Then we started reading around about baby names and discovered everyone else wanted to name their son Aidan. Now it's like number 1 or something. We didn't know b/c no one around us had kids. (He is not Aidan, BTW.)

So if you don't mind your son having a VERY common name, then go with it, but I will warn you that Caden is super-duper-popular now and there is at least 1 in EACH section of ds1's kindergarten class.

#68 of 75 Old 04-19-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
caden/kadin... is a severely overdone name around here.
ITA, which is a HUGE bummer. Cade was my #1 name for a boy when we were TTC our first 4.5 years ago. Luckily, I stumbled upon some info (like Galatea) that Caden/Aiden/Braeden/Jaden were rising in popularity, and we discarded it. Of course, we don't like common names--recognizable, yes, but common notsomuch.

We will be starting the Great Name Debate tomorrow!

Galatea--We heavily discussed Josephine and were leaning that way until we realized that Josie is too close to Georgie (DD2's nickname). We have dogs whose names start with the same sound, and that is confusing enough! I think it's lovely, though I do like Isla as well.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#69 of 75 Old 04-19-2010, 01:57 PM

There are other nicknames for Josephine... including Sophie!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#70 of 75 Old 04-19-2010, 03:14 PM

How funny, I've never met a Caden before! I wonder if it depends on what part of the country you live in. I've met lots of Aidens, Braedyns, and Jadens though.

Marilyn, married to my soulmate Jay and mommy to Elijah Blaze 08/04/2003 and Mila Soleil 10/02/2011 . 
#71 of 75 Old 04-19-2010, 03:48 PM

I'd never met a kid with ds3's name before, either, but in his birth year his name shot from #40 on the national list to NUMBER 6!!!

Sometimes these trends come up really suddenly...what might be happening is that people are trying to avoid Aidan and Braeden (and the like), so are now branching out to Caden, Hayden, etc. Personally, I'd avoid all the "en/yn/an" sounds, but it's a matter of personal choice...our oldest is a "an" name, and I *do* love his name.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#72 of 75 Old 04-19-2010, 04:00 PM

I wouldn't really say its a new thing, my nephew kadin is nearly 8 as are most of the oldest ones I know.

#73 of 75 Old 04-19-2010, 05:17 PM

Yes, ds1 is 6 and there are a bunch in his class. Anything ending in the sound -aden has been super-hot for awhile.

#74 of 75 Old 04-19-2010, 05:39 PM

We'd never met an Emma. We thought "oh, what a cool old-fashioned name." Didn't check any popularity lists. Yep, it was like the number 1 or number 2 name that year. *sigh*

I'm checking the lists this time.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#75 of 75 Old 04-19-2010, 05:42 PM

Girl- Evangelina Antoinette
Séraphine Antoinette

Boy- Milo
Jude
Judah
Leo

Hip Hippie Mamatreehugger.gif to Baylin & Evangélina hbac.gif and Wife to my sexy Frenchman Clément luxlove.gif living frugally green in the beautiful mountains of West Virginia. Expecting our newest French Fry July 2012!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***Rainbow.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page