Do you have names picked yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 75 Old 04-03-2010, 02:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Me and DH have been together for 13 1/2yrs married for almost 11yrs. We've had our girls middle name picked forever!

For girl first names I like:

#1 ~ Stella middle name for sure is... Regan McKenzie

#2 ~ Farrah

#3 ~ Helen

#4 ~ Maggie

Thats what I have so far... which name do you like?

For a boy its going to be

Brayden JesseRay (Jesse after me and Ray after DH)

After trying for over 10yrs our bundle of joy was born on 8/5/10 4lbs 7oz ~Brayden Kelley Ray~Such a miracle~Stole our Hearts~ Gods timing isnt our timing, but His timing is perfect~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 75 Old 04-03-2010, 02:38 AM

We're so far away from a name it isn't even funny. For now we just call the baby Yamez. (that's a long story!) DH told me yesterday "I feel like we're bringing home an unnamed baby from the hospital." Uhh maybe! And no you can't name my baby "A Pimp Named Slickback" LOL

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#3 of 75 Old 04-03-2010, 02:45 AM

I definitely have a boy name. I have a few variations and choices for girl names though.

It doesn't mean much though. I had my daughter's name ready before we conceived and I still managed to bungle it up...she has a different variation on her birth cert., her baptismal cert. and her birth announcements. To make matters worse, I use a variation of her name for online privacy, the ILs call her another variation and my family calls her by her first name (from the name on the birth cert.)

Hmm....I seem to recall that I was going to straighten this out before she was a month old....time flies...

Mama to expecting Babe 2
#4 of 75 Old 04-03-2010, 09:32 AM

We're still tossing up between our girls names. I love Leila or Lena. DH mentioned it to his crackhead sister the other day and turns out they are her top two names. *insertrollingeyes* She's devastated that we might use Lena and, if she ever forgives us, then she will name her future daughter Leila, and vice versa. I'm really irritated by this because a) she's not in a relationship b)who knows if she'll have girls if she ever has her own kids.

But our boys name is set: Simon Christopher.

Emily: Homebirthin' mama to 3 boys and a girl.
#5 of 75 Old 04-03-2010, 10:56 AM

We have no names! We never do at this point. We took a list of our top 5 names into the hospital and came home with children named different names. We have most-likely middle names, both family names, Rose for a girl and James for a boy.

For a girl leading contenders are: Emerson, Sophia, and Addison (DH doesn't like)

For a boy leading contenders are: Holden, Elliot (DH doesn't like), and Liam,

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#6 of 75 Old 04-03-2010, 11:26 AM

For a girl, most likely Carmen Isabel (after both grandmothers). It was the name we had planned if DS was a girl. But we're stumped on a boy's name. The other name we had thought of for DS (Luca) I don't really like anymore. I actually went online a few weeks ago to look for ideas and was laughing because I ended up finding a bunch of *girls* names that I liked! It all just enforces my belief that it's a girl!

Bilingual mama to DS J 6/4/06 and new DS C 9/27/10  homebirth.jpg
#7 of 75 Old 04-03-2010, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda_Reyasmom View Post
We're so far away from a name it isn't even funny. For now we just call the baby Yamez. (that's a long story!) DH told me yesterday "I feel like we're bringing home an unnamed baby from the hospital." Uhh maybe! And no you can't name my baby "A Pimp Named Slickback" LOL

That is too funny! My DH wont even talk about girl names. He's got his heart set on it being a boy. Men!

But the deal was, if its a boy you name him...if its a girl I name her. Well now he's trying to say "We're not naming her that" wait buddy, you've picked your name, dont rain on my parade! We had a deal, remember?"

After trying for over 10yrs our bundle of joy was born on 8/5/10 4lbs 7oz ~Brayden Kelley Ray~Such a miracle~Stole our Hearts~ Gods timing isnt our timing, but His timing is perfect~~
#8 of 75 Old 04-03-2010, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
We have big lists and it is going to be tough. We can't even agree which names are on the lists.

For girl:

Alice
Josephine
Lucy and variants
Lydia

For boy:

Rowan
Dashiell
Declan
Finn
Rhys
Jasper

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
#9 of 75 Old 04-03-2010, 12:38 PM

Eh, we have a list going with some definite frontrunners. Our favorite name thus far for a girl is Mila and for a boy, Jude. Names we like are:

Girl:
Mila (possibly middle name of Reznor which is a name we love and would like to fit in somewhere if possible, but feel it might be a little out there for a first name)
Keenan
Lyric

Boy:
Jude
Nole
Lyric

I really liked the name Alida (Al-eye-duh) but someone I know used it recently. I'm not close to them at all and never see them, but it's a very unusual name so I feel like it would be weird. I also like the name Rhonin, but hubby says its a no go. We also like the name Aelinn but cannot agree on which sex we like it for lol (I like it for a girl, hubby likes it for a boy).

I recently came across the name Weilyn, and really like it but I don't want it to invoke images of Waylon Jennings (the country singer) so I don't know. We are totally stuck on middle names.

Marilyn, married to my soulmate Jay and mommy to Elijah Blaze 08/04/2003 and Mila Soleil 10/02/2011 . 
#10 of 75 Old 04-03-2010, 01:28 PM

Jrene...out of your list I think Stella Regan McKenzie sound very lovely all together

Our names were picked around the time we conceived. If she's a girl she'll be Elliot Bell (and you better believe I'll be calling her Ellie Bellie ). If he's a boy his name will be Nolan Cash...only 5 more months til we find out who we have

Sarah loving wife to Scot...joyous mama to...
Emilee and Elaina and our newest addition Elliot Bell 9/15/10
#11 of 75 Old 04-03-2010, 01:30 PM

We have:

Alexander Alan D.
and
Maeryn Jean D.

(and no, my names not really Maeryn, its just a name I love. lol... so Im not naming my girl after myself)

We chose these names years ago around when we started to TTC.

And I dont really have a preference with your names, they are all very nice!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#12 of 75 Old 04-03-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemama View Post
Jrene...out of your list I think Stella Regan McKenzie sound very lovely all together

Our names were picked around the time we conceived. If she's a girl she'll be Elliot Bell (and you better believe I'll be calling her Ellie Bellie ). If he's a boy his name will be Nolan Cash...only 5 more months til we find out who we have
I meant to post an answer to that as well, oops! OP, I agree with Bohemama, I like Stella Regan McKenzie together. I really like the name Regan!

Also, Bohemama I love your names! So cute I especially like Nolan Cash...we like the name Cash quite a bit and considered it as well. Its nice and unique but has a cool ring to it.

Marilyn, married to my soulmate Jay and mommy to Elijah Blaze 08/04/2003 and Mila Soleil 10/02/2011 . 
#13 of 75 Old 04-03-2010, 02:10 PM

We have a boy named picked out, and a girls 1st name.
we just need a girls middle name... which is kinda hard.
We didn't have a middle name for our last girl until she was 3 days old.

And our name picks are big time ultra secret. well, at least the boy name is. it's just a promise DH & I have with each other, because our chosen boys names have been stolen 2x by close friends once they found out we were having girls. (and they were not common run of the mill names or combination 1st/middle names either).
#14 of 75 Old 04-03-2010, 03:18 PM

Our names are definate. Either
Wade Leonardo for a boy (to match my two year old Wyatt),
Esther Lynn for a girl after her grandmothers middle names.

DH likes Esperanza (Spanish hope) for a girl with my middle name Rene'.
Esperanza Rene' Almendarez. Hmm. Well it looks nice written that way.
#15 of 75 Old 04-03-2010, 04:57 PM

We know the middle name will be Sophia after DH's grandmother. We will probably argue about the first name right up until the date of birth like we did with DD!

I really like Avonlea. Avy for short. DH is unconvinced.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#16 of 75 Old 04-03-2010, 07:32 PM

bri, Avonlea made me smile.

I think we're going with what this baby seems to have named herself (in my dreams and in my son's). I've never had a child show up and name himself or herself before, and the meaning behind the name is too perfect. It's weird to be only 17 weeks and have a name all set, but picking anything else at this point would be even weirder. Dh was unconvinced, but when I told him about the dreams, about ds, about some other things that have happened, he immediately said it was the name to choose.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#17 of 75 Old 04-03-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrene View Post
But the deal was, if its a boy you name him...if its a girl I name her. Well now he's trying to say "We're not naming her that" wait buddy, you've picked your name, dont rain on my parade! We had a deal, remember?"
That's how we're doing things this time too.

Dh has already picked Tucker Howard for a boy. Tucker is homage to his step-father, who has just been an amazing dad and grandfather to dh and our boys. Howard is homage to my dad, who was the only boy of 5 and then had all daughters, so my maiden name will die with him (unless my youngest sister keeps her name when she marries, but that's still a long way off since she's 15).

I have a feeling that a girl name won't be necessary with our history, so I've been tossing some stuff around but won't actually settle on anything unless we find out its a girl (which I really don't think will happen).

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

#18 of 75 Old 04-03-2010, 10:52 PM

Our names are pretty definite - Margaret C/Katherine for a girl and Theodore Alexander for a boy. Now, we just need the 8th and a cooperative baby to get here so we can pick one already!!

Samantha, married to Holly for over five years . DD #1 born 12/13/06 , DD #2 born 8/18/10 and 2 furballs of indeterminate age.
#19 of 75 Old 04-04-2010, 01:23 AM

We are set on a girl's name: Brenna May. The middle name after a grandmother and the first name because of a complicated story relating to a dream, lol...the long and short of it is we love the name and are settled on it

Boy's name? Not so much! I think part of it stems from us expecting a girl, though we are opting to not find out gender and I have absolutely NO feeling whatsoever about gender this time around (which doesn't make me feel weird, it is actually relieving at the moment as with both of our DDs I was convinced they were boys, lol) We have plenty of time to figure it out though!

Kellylady.gif, married to the love of my life, Denpeace.gif , DD1 5/07dust.gif , 11/07, DD2 10/08modifiedartist.gif , DDS 8/10jammin.gif, expecting our next blessing this winter!

#20 of 75 Old 04-04-2010, 02:16 AM - Thread Starter

Those are some lovely names you ladies have picked. I was five days old before I was named. I guess it didnt help that I was suppose to be a boy . Ta Dah! No wee wee here!

I think I like Stella Regan McKenzie for a girl. I just love the name Stella...it sounds so old Hollywood to me.

#21 of 75 Old 04-04-2010, 06:09 PM

No names here. We're finding out the gender in a month, so we're being lazy and waiting to start picking names until we only have to look at half of the name book.

I still have a few girl names that I love left over from the Possible list last time... Tessa, Elaine (call her Lainie), Cassidy.

The middle name, boy or girl, will be McNally after my grandmother.

ETA: Oh, and Jrene... I ADORE the name Stella. I would so use it, except one of my best friends has already completely claimed "Stella Blue" as a name to give a daughter if she ever has one, so I can't be That Guy who steals her name.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#22 of 75 Old 04-04-2010, 06:40 PM

I have no idea. I have a Chloe and a Cole and now everyone keeps asking if we're doing more "C" names, but I have no clue.

Those names were also family names (my daughter is named after my Mom's perfume and my son is named after the first half of my dad's grandma's last name ) so I want this one to have a family meaning too, but sticking with a C would be more difficult if I wanted to do that.

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
#23 of 75 Old 04-05-2010, 12:05 AM

I have two Ms... so I do worry that if its a girl and we go with Maeryn people will just automatically assume #4 will be an M.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#24 of 75 Old 04-05-2010, 01:07 PM

I've known a few families that split with a letter trend after 2 kids.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#25 of 75 Old 04-05-2010, 01:12 PM

My moms kids are M, M, K, K, K but it was not on purpose at all... it just happened to be what we were named. (She also had all five of us on holidays... lol... she couldn't do that again if she tried!)

#26 of 75 Old 04-05-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post

I still have a few girl names that I love left over from the Possible list last time... Tessa, Elaine (call her Lainie), Cassidy.
DD2's name is Elaina and we call her Lainey

#27 of 75 Old 04-05-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2chloerae View Post
I have no idea. I have a Chloe and a Cole and now everyone keeps asking if we're doing more "C" names, but I have no clue.

Those names were also family names (my daughter is named after my Mom's perfume and my son is named after the first half of my dad's grandma's last name ) so I want this one to have a family meaning too, but sticking with a C would be more difficult if I wanted to do that.
I have an Emilee and Elaina (but we mostly call her Lainey) and my nephew is Eastyn so at first I was feeling the pressure to keep the E names going. We did find a girls E name that we love (Elliot) so if we have a girl we're keeping the E thing going...we could not find an E name that we both agreed on for a boy so if we have a boy the E chain will be broken (Nolan is the boy choice). I figure since we don't really call DD2 by her E name it won't really seem like our son is left out

oh yeah...we didn't do the E names on purpose. It was only after DD2 was born that I realized that I'd ended up with two girls with names that started with E lol.

#28 of 75 Old 04-05-2010, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
We have Maddox, Miles and Juliet. We will never do another M name. I would do a J name, though. Not for cuteness or anything. Alliterative names are a PITA b/c you end up calling the wrong kid.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
#29 of 75 Old 04-05-2010, 02:43 PM

I think we're set on Eliot (boy) or Evelyn (girl). It was super easy for us. We heard the names and smiled at eachother-- done!
#30 of 75 Old 04-05-2010, 02:55 PM

We have so many names that we like and are having trouble narrowing down. However, there is one girl's name that we both really seem to love and so we aren't sharing it with anyone in real life, but I can post it here.

Ellis Bell - This the pen name Emily Bronte originally published Wuthering Heights under. Love it. However, we have also toyed with using Ellis with alternate middle names, like Ellis Jeanne (family name). The other great thing about Ellis is that my grandmother who passed away in Oct. was Elsie and while I won't name my daughter Elsie, I feel Ellis is an homage to my gram.

The other girl's name I am all over right now despite the bad reactions of much of my family is the name Magnolia. DH has a super common last name and I feel Magnolia jazzes it up quite a bit and I adore the idea of calling a little girl "Noli".

For boy's names we are considering things like Graham, Henry, and Judah. But I am really having girl feelings right now.

SAHM to one precious 2 year old and wife to my loving DH. And here we go again!
****5****10****15****20****25**joy.gif*30****35****40

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page