DH is funny-share yours - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 28 Old 04-09-2010, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yesterday dh came home rather grumpy and told me "I worked all day" So I glared at him and said "And what did I do all day?" as we're sitting in our freshly cleaned bedroom. He conceeded that I cleaned our room, steam cleaned it, cleaned the bathrooms, and made him a yummy dinner. "Annnnddddd?" I asked.. DH "(sigh) and you grew a baby" umm "whose baby!?" "Hopefully mine!"

I asked him if he thought Stella (the dog) would like the baby and he says "I hope so.. I'd hate to have to put the baby down."

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#2 of 28 Old 04-09-2010, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
rofl!

Bring back the old MDC
#3 of 28 Old 04-09-2010, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

I also busted him watching Bring Home Baby in the mornings before work.. More than once! He told me sheepishly "I couldn't find the remote." You mean the one sitting next to you, the one I put on top of the tv last night before bed?

Amanda

#4 of 28 Old 04-09-2010, 11:51 AM

Aww ^_^ So far DFs cutest moment was asking me to stand up so he could see my tummy. Im sure it will get cuter once we get to live together.

Oh unless you consider that I went potty when I was down in NC and left my hypnobabies book sitting out... then came back to him almost finished with the first chapter. ^_^

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#5 of 28 Old 04-09-2010, 12:24 PM

I felt a moment of panic nearing the birth of ds and I asked dh "what are WE going to do with a baby?". He laughed at me and said, We'll just have to raise him like he's our own.
#6 of 28 Old 04-09-2010, 01:19 PM

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#7 of 28 Old 04-09-2010, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Aww ^_^ So far DFs cutest moment was asking me to stand up so he could see my tummy. Im sure it will get cuter once we get to live together.

Oh unless you consider that I went potty when I was down in NC and left my hypnobabies book sitting out... then came back to him almost finished with the first chapter. ^_^
That's super sweet. I was a single mom for 4 years before I met Dh, so this whole, having someone to share the pregnancy with this is new to me! I have to admit.. I like it a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hablame_today View Post
I felt a moment of panic nearing the birth of ds and I asked dh "what are WE going to do with a baby?". He laughed at me and said, We'll just have to raise him like he's our own.
Love it!

Amanda

#8 of 28 Old 04-09-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda_Reyasmom View Post
That's super sweet. I was a single mom for 4 years before I met Dh, so this whole, having someone to share the pregnancy with this is new to me! I have to admit.. I like it a lot!
Same here... I mean, I was with DS/DDs father through my pregnancies with them but he was.... um, well. Put it this way, he was worth getting rid of.

I love having someone who is actually EXCITED each week when I give him the baby updates and has several times linked me to websites he is reading about how the baby is growing or baby things he likes... we even wandered around Babies R Us for an hour or so after eating at Olive Garden while I was down there.

Plus, my ex never once went to a prenatal appointment, DF plans on making it to as many as he can.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#9 of 28 Old 04-09-2010, 03:28 PM

<3 All the funnies!

At Christmas right after BFP my dd received a tiny 10" or so baby doll and DF said "aww that's how big our baby is going to be" I died laughing and said uhh yeah I wish!

I hope I don't offend anyone with this one but he made me laugh. I know he was really hoping for a boy and a few days before u/s I asked if he was going to be upset if it was a girl he said "Well I'll be upset if it's a midget" wth haha so random.

He was practicing his reaction in the waiting room before U/S "Oh, Yay a Boy"
"Oh, Yay a Girl" so funny!

Likes a little crunch with occasional sogginess~Misty,Mama to L1, L2, L3, L4,L5 and Loving J!
#10 of 28 Old 04-09-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommamisty View Post
At Christmas right after BFP my dd received a tiny 10" or so baby doll and DF said "aww that's how big our baby is going to be" I died laughing and said uhh yeah I wish!
LOL maybe in about a month!

#11 of 28 Old 04-09-2010, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommamisty View Post
<3 All the funnies!

I hope I don't offend anyone with this one but he made me laugh. I know he was really hoping for a boy and a few days before u/s I asked if he was going to be upset if it was a girl he said "Well I'll be upset if it's a midget" wth haha so random.

He was practicing his reaction in the waiting room before U/S "Oh, Yay a Boy"
"Oh, Yay a Girl" so funny
!
Yep, that sounds like my DH. Cracks me up because I totally know he's love his midget baby.

Quote:
quote removed by administrator
You're a better person than I am.. I draw the line at 15

Quote:
In my mind... as long as they are mine and not implanted there by some alien civilization Ill love them

Gotta love our silly rationalizations.
Surely, that's not something we actually have to worry about. Right?! Don't we have enough on our plates with the fingerprints and the bonding in-utero?!

DH told me "This baby *better* be perfect as often as you tell me "I was growing a baby" He then suggested I stop growing the infant child, and instead go to the kitchen and make him a pie.

Amanda

#12 of 28 Old 04-09-2010, 06:44 PM

At my first appointment with my midwife (I think I was about 10 weeks), she gave me this little plastic doll of how big baby was at the time. As you can imagine, it was not very big. She told me to take it home and show my husband.

So I took it out of my purse, handed it to him and said "Hey! Here's your baby!" And he immediately popped it into his mouth and said "I don't think this is going to be enough."

I gasped, but then laughed hysterically.

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
#13 of 28 Old 04-09-2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Surely, that's not something we actually have to worry about. Right?! Don't we have enough on our plates with the fingerprints and the bonding in-utero?!
I worry about some crazy things....

but at least I admit its crazy!

#14 of 28 Old 04-09-2010, 07:08 PM

DH won't leave my boobs alone since they've gotten bigger. Last night he asked me, "Can you wear a low cut shirt with no bra soon?"

Why, so you can grope and stare at me even more? Sounds great!

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#15 of 28 Old 04-09-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri276 View Post
DH won't leave my boobs alone since they've gotten bigger. Last night he asked me, "Can you wear a low cut shirt with no bra soon?"

Have you told him they hurt?

Or... are you lucky enough they don't?!?!?

#16 of 28 Old 04-09-2010, 07:13 PM

They hurt much less now. As long as you don't, like, GRAB them, it's fine, which he doesn't. But he's got another think coming if he thinks I'm actually going to encourage him by wearing a skimpy shirt! Unless he wants to help clean the dried up colostrum out of the nipples

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#17 of 28 Old 04-09-2010, 07:14 PM

Lol!!!!

#18 of 28 Old 04-09-2010, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMcGluestick View Post
At my first appointment with my midwife (I think I was about 10 weeks), she gave me this little plastic doll of how big baby was at the time. As you can imagine, it was not very big. She told me to take it home and show my husband.

So I took it out of my purse, handed it to him and said "Hey! Here's your baby!" And he immediately popped it into his mouth and said "I don't think this is going to be enough."

I gasped, but then laughed hysterically.
OMG I gasped just reading that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri276 View Post

There needs to be much much more groping in this house.

Amanda

#19 of 28 Old 04-10-2010, 08:36 AM

When I was pregnant with my first I bought nursing bras as my chest grew and grew.DH thought it was the best thing ever,easy access for him!LOL
At least he knows he has to share.

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

#20 of 28 Old 04-10-2010, 01:47 PM

I can't help but think every time I read this thread title that you are asking us to share our dhs... Lol.

Noooooooo he's mine and I like him just fine!

#21 of 28 Old 04-10-2010, 06:38 PM

Well if we're sharing dhs I'll take the one who wants to cook dinner, but only for one hour.
#22 of 28 Old 04-11-2010, 10:42 AM

Some nights we'll go on a late run for a milk shake. We get home and Im still on the couch drinking my strawberry shake and DH looks over at me and says " do you think the milk shake is too cold for the baby?" lol

Then we were at the grocery store. I wanted to take him down the baby isle. We were looking at the diapers and baby food. We come across the formula.

I said look how much that cost! He says " thats not too bad, whats that last about a month?" ummm... NO..... needless to say his jaw fell to the floor when I said about a week! lol

After trying for over 10yrs our bundle of joy was born on 8/5/10 4lbs 7oz ~Brayden Kelley Ray~Such a miracle~Stole our Hearts~ Gods timing isnt our timing, but His timing is perfect~~
#23 of 28 Old 04-11-2010, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Well if we're sharing dhs I'll take the one who wants to cook dinner, but only for one hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrene View Post
Some nights we'll go on a late run for a milk shake. We get home and Im still on the couch drinking my strawberry shake and DH looks over at me and says " do you think the milk shake is too cold for the baby?" lol

Then we were at the grocery store. I wanted to take him down the baby isle. We were looking at the diapers and baby food. We come across the formula.

I said look how much that cost! He says " thats not too bad, whats that last about a month?" ummm... NO..... needless to say his jaw fell to the floor when I said about a week! lol
LOL! I love it when Dh realizes how much *anything* costs! I don't think he's ever gone grocery shopping in his life.. He's got no clue how hard I work to plan meals around sales, and stretching that $.

Amanda

#24 of 28 Old 04-12-2010, 01:23 AM

Quote:
This just keeps popping back in my head and cracking me up all day long. I have tears in my eyes every time I think about it. Just so hysterical

My husband is a pretty funny guy but thanks to pregnancy brain I can't seem to remember a single thing he's every said...

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#25 of 28 Old 04-16-2010, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter

And another!
I found this over at the Unnecessarian FB page. Levi wanders by and said "What's up with the apple?" And I explain it had a c-section and it was a very sad apple.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...d=134624691974
Then heh said "Shouldn't it say babies?" Um, yeah, but that's not the point! Then he says "If you have 9 babies I'm leaving you!" and then he bent down, holds my stomach in his 2 hands and says "Be one baby!" lol

Amanda

#26 of 28 Old 04-16-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:

There needs to be much much more groping in this house.
Yes Yes! much agreed
( eh, for my house as well I mean)
#27 of 28 Old 04-16-2010, 10:37 PM

me to df: Do you wanna see the baby?
*df smiles big*
me: is that a yes?
df: yes *smiles again*
*I stand up and turn to the side*
df: WOAH!

lol

I guess its a bit more pronounced that I am getting big since he doesn't see the belly on a daily basis.

#28 of 28 Old 04-17-2010, 12:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
me to df: Do you wanna see the baby?
*df smiles big*
me: is that a yes?
df: yes *smiles again*
*I stand up and turn to the side*
df: WOAH!

lol

I guess its a bit more pronounced that I am getting big since he doesn't see the belly on a daily basis.
WOAH! LOL Nice!

Amanda

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page