The One Weekly Chat - April 12th - 18th (come on in! all are welcome!) - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 109 Old 04-17-2010, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I haven't been getting on the forum as much as I'd like... but enjoy keeping up with all you ladies.

I started feeling the baby move last weekend. Yesterday I hit 20 weeks, half way there!

Yesterday we got married! Just a court-house deal, but I am so happy.

DS ( 9/2010) and TTC #2 fingersx.gif

#92 of 109 Old 04-17-2010, 03:59 PM

MsDolphin, CONGRATULATIONS on your marriage!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#93 of 109 Old 04-17-2010, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDolphin View Post
YAY weddings!

Im going to my cousins wedding today... making me VERY anxious for my own in June.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#94 of 109 Old 04-17-2010, 04:36 PM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
I haven't been getting on the forum as much as I'd like... but enjoy keeping up with all you ladies.

I started feeling the baby move last weekend. Yesterday I hit 20 weeks, half way there!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#95 of 109 Old 04-17-2010, 07:27 PM

Bone killing exhaustion.

Why is it so difficult to understand that I can manage a trip to Costco, take DD and DS to ballet (he plays she dances), DD to the movies, wash and vacuum my car, fix two meals, but that is all? I cannot do dinner too. I am completely wiped! Ugh.

Liz

Wife, and mother to a small fairy, a demolition expert, a special new someone this fall and a small dachshund.
#96 of 109 Old 04-17-2010, 08:53 PM

Happy birthday Hablame and congrats to MsDolphin!

My ds1's 5th birthday is coming up and he wants a Thomas the Tank Engine birthday party. Of course, there is no store in our area that carries anything Thomas (we are limited to Wal-Mart, yuck), so I trekked them an hour and a half to Branson to hit Target since I knew they'd have the stuff and I could pick them up some new shoes and me some maternity shirts/shorts/capris.

First, they had no flip flops with a back strap in a size 10. NONE. Then, the shoes I wanted for ds2 only went up to size 5 and we needed a 6. Even better, Target had very few casual maternity t-shirts, no khaki maternity shorts, and their capris were almost $33 (more than I wanted to pay). Target was totally my go-to during my last pregnancy, but I can't wear fancy tops w/o them getting ruined (I work p/t at a MDO program). Maybe they are still transition to thier spring line or something, but UGH!!

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

#97 of 109 Old 04-17-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal_chick View Post
Happy birthday Hablame and congrats to MsDolphin!

My ds1's 5th birthday is coming up and he wants a Thomas the Tank Engine birthday party. Of course, there is no store in our area that carries anything Thomas (we are limited to Wal-Mart, yuck), so I trekked them an hour and a half to Branson to hit Target since I knew they'd have the stuff and I could pick them up some new shoes and me some maternity shirts/shorts/capris.

First, they had no flip flops with a back strap in a size 10. NONE. Then, the shoes I wanted for ds2 only went up to size 5 and we needed a 6. Even better, Target had very few casual maternity t-shirts, no khaki maternity shorts, and their capris were almost $33 (more than I wanted to pay). Target was totally my go-to during my last pregnancy, but I can't wear fancy tops w/o them getting ruined (I work p/t at a MDO program). Maybe they are still transition to thier spring line or something, but UGH!!
That's rough, especially with the insulting drive to and fro added in.

Liz

Wife, and mother to a small fairy, a demolition expert, a special new someone this fall and a small dachshund.
#98 of 109 Old 04-17-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachshundqueen View Post
Bone killing exhaustion.

Why is it so difficult to understand that I can manage a trip to Costco, take DD and DS to ballet (he plays she dances), DD to the movies, wash and vacuum my car, fix two meals, but that is all? I cannot do dinner too. I am completely wiped! Ugh.

Liz
I hear ya... we were sitting in the play area earlier, about 6 pm, and I'm going on about "I don't know how on earth I am so TIRED."
My husband points at my belly and says "I think the baby makes you tired." Hahaha.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#99 of 109 Old 04-17-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:

Congratulations on feeling the baby move, and congratulations on your marriage! So very exciting!

I before E, except after C.  Weird.
DD: 8/2010.
#100 of 109 Old 04-17-2010, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter

Went to my cousins wedding tonight... danced with my dad, DS, and several songs with DD to get her into the mood of dancing (she continued to dance until we left then ) but it was more than enough to wear me out!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#101 of 109 Old 04-17-2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Congratulations!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachshundqueen View Post
Bone killing exhaustion.
No joke! And when I do find the energy or motivation (generally never at the same time) I'm wiped out for DAYS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal_chick View Post

I've been maternity shopping online, and I'm so disappointed at the options for plus size women. It's really depressing. Not to mention the stuff that's cute is totally out of my price range.

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#102 of 109 Old 04-18-2010, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Went to my cousins wedding tonight... danced with my dad, DS, and several songs with DD to get her into the mood of dancing (she continued to dance until we left then ) but it was more than enough to wear me out!
Sounds like a nice time.

DS ( 9/2010) and TTC #2 fingersx.gif

#103 of 109 Old 04-18-2010, 09:48 AM

Happy belated birthday Hablame.
Congratulations MsDolphin on your marriage, and how exciting to feel the baby moving.

I was helping in my sons kindergarten class the other day and was working with a small group and one of the little boys looks up at me in the middle of his activity and says "so, you are having a baby". Totally caught me off guard because I didn't expect that type of statement to come from a 5yo. I wasn't quite sure what to say to him except yes. That of course prompted on e of the little girls to get up and start putting her hands all over my stomach saying "sometimes when you do this you can feel the baby kick". I let her know quickly that we weren't feeling too many kicks on the outside yet so that I didn't have a bunch of little hands all over my stomach.
DS1 picked up a bit of a cough and then later yesterday he started running a high fever and complaining his ear really hurt. I pulled out the garlic oil ear drops right away and this morning he says it feels better and the fever is down. We have thankfully avoided ear infections here so far and I'd like to keep it that way (or at least any requiring abx).
So my complaint right now is how sore I am. I had SPD with ds2 and I'm not sure if that is where it is headed now again. That time a lot of the pain was in the front of the pubic bone, this time it is right between the legs, but still feels like the same type of pain. At the end of the day I have absolute throbbing pain so I'm questioning if that part is related to varicostities. Either way I better haul myself to the chiro. Any ideas for varicosities in the girly region?

Mama to three sweet boys ('04, '07 and the new addition arrived on Sept 8, 2010)
#104 of 109 Old 04-18-2010, 12:28 PM

This time last year I was doing the "long slow breath" thing, about to meet my baby girl for the first time. She was born at 1:51 PM. I remember it was a really beautiful warm spring morning. It's definitely been the best year ever. Happy Birthday, Emma Lynne.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#105 of 109 Old 04-18-2010, 07:33 PM

DH is telling the OutLaws tonight. I am soooo glad that I am not a part of that circus at dinner, it would be awesome to be a fly on the wall though. He'll be home at 8pm (637PM now) and I'm super curious as to how badly it hit the fan.

Liz

#106 of 109 Old 04-18-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda_Reyasmom View Post
I've been maternity shopping online, and I'm so disappointed at the options for plus size women. It's really depressing. Not to mention the stuff that's cute is totally out of my price range.
I totally agree, Amanda! It's as though plus-sized women don't get pregnant, or are supposed to magically fit into maternity clothing for smaller sized women!

Don't know if you've been to Target, but I managed to find a pair of maternity jeans at Target, and have been wearing the Merona plus-sized tops from there as well. (Not maternity tops, but they're fairly long, and the cross-top style with the 3/4 length sleeves and the short sleeves with the gathered v-neck seem to work with my growing belly.) Also, I went to Destination Maternity the other day, and while some of their clothing is *crazy* expensive, I managed to find two pairs of work-appropriate pants for under $30 each. More than I wanted to spend, but they should get me through to the end of June, so they should pay for themselves by then!

Anyway, I just wanted to commiserate with you on the whole plus-sized pregnancy clothing. I feel your shopping pain!

I before E, except after C.  Weird.
DD: 8/2010.
#107 of 109 Old 04-18-2010, 09:46 PM

Happy belated birthday hablame!
Ms Dolphin~Congrats on getting married mama, fwiw when DH and I got married we did it at home with a justice of the peace and our cats...we wore t-shirts, jeans and chuck taylors, lol I wish you guys many, many years of happiness
Maeryn-the wedding dances with the LOs and your dad sounded sweet, hope it was fun!

Penny got over bronchiolitis and Em beat it too only to have our ENTIRE house come down with the stomach bug
But on the plus side I made two freezer meals, some chocolate mousse, and some tapioca pudding today and beat back the laundry monster that was taking over my house :P Also got started on DD1's birthday presents (I'm making her pillowtop stove and kitchen with a bunch of felt food, new dress-up clothes, and some new summer outfits) Definitely agree with you mamas about the exhaustion! Hope all is well!

Kellylady.gif, married to the love of my life, Denpeace.gif , DD1 5/07dust.gif , 11/07, DD2 10/08modifiedartist.gif , DDS 8/10jammin.gif, expecting our next blessing this winter!

#108 of 109 Old 04-18-2010, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

Going through old posts of mine from just around when I found out about this baby and I said in one:

Quote:
If hes 10 days early I would share my birthday!
This was before I even had my YES+ digital test.

Wow. LOL

really cannot wait to find out next month if the little one in my tummy really is my sweet Alexander (or if its my sweet Maeryn... either way... but I will be somewhat shocked if its Maeryn)

#109 of 109 Old 04-19-2010, 08:23 AM

Had a dream last night it was a girl. Hmmmm.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page