The One Weekly Chat - April 12th - 18th (come on in! all are welcome!) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 109 Old 04-12-2010, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The One Thread is a way for us all to have a place to post whatever does not fit elsewhere that we do not want to make a new thread for. It comes from the TTC One Thread which was created so women could talk together no matter what point in the cycle they were in. Our Gender Guess list is now in its own thread! http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1187289

Great Links!
Add yourself to the Roster Thread! That way we can keep track of who is due at the same time!
Share your belly pics. Dont be self conscious! Many FLUFFY mamas are posting too!
Worries thread. For when you have worries but want to share them in an environment with other worriers!
Pregnancy after loss. Sometimes those who haven't gone through it do not understand as well, you will find people who have there
Spotlight Thread Sign Up Sign up to share a bit about yourself with the rest of us!
Visible Embryo See pictures of what your baby looks like right now!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#2 of 109 Old 04-12-2010, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

I want hash browns....

and baby to kick...

Going hunting today! WOO! Gonna find my mom some morels so I don't have to get her a mothers day present

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#3 of 109 Old 04-12-2010, 10:45 AM

Now I want hashbrowns... and the baby to kick!

Today is 8 years since my first date with my pseudo-husband. and now I'm having his baby. Awwwwwwwwwww

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#4 of 109 Old 04-12-2010, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

for you two

We will be getting married in June and celebrate 3 full years together in August

#5 of 109 Old 04-12-2010, 12:38 PM

I'm 18 weeks today I want baby to kick too, and harder! I can't wait for those big kicks and rolls.

I'm sooo glad this week is finally here! Last week was hell week for me and I'd been dreading it for a month (once a year craziness at work). So glad it's over that I don't even mind going back to work this morning.

I want sunshine! It's still rainy here (oregon) but we are getting teased with days of sunshine here and there. I can't wait for late spring/early summer. It's soooo nice and beautiful here that time of year. The good news is that the latter part of this week is supposed to be sunny and pretty warm! Yipee I need to make sure I walk every day that its sunny. I can't bring myself to step on the scale.

Marilyn, married to my soulmate Jay and mommy to Elijah Blaze 08/04/2003 and Mila Soleil 10/02/2011 . 
#6 of 109 Old 04-12-2010, 01:14 PM

I have definitely been feeling the baby moving around a lot, and DH even felt it on the outside last night! It was so neat! I noticed Friday afternoon when I was stuck in traffic that my stomach was hitting against the seatbelt and I was like, "wait a minute..." Since then it's been a little bit every day. Nothing could be more reassuring for me, as I am a mega worrier.

Weather here is beautiful, mid 80s today and daily walks with DH and the dogs are in full swing. I am so glad this weather is here - our CSA starts soon and that means fresh delicious fruits and veggies!

Oh and I had a terrible nightmare last night about some creepy guy coming after me. It was super vivid and there were weird things I remember like my sister's phone playing a 22 second clip of a michael jackson song I've never heard. It was weird.

While I wish it were hashbrowns, I am off to snack on a fuji apple!

SAHM to one precious 2 year old and wife to my loving DH. And here we go again!
****5****10****15****20****25**joy.gif*30****35****40
#7 of 109 Old 04-12-2010, 01:17 PM

I want the baby to kick too!! I'm pretty sure I've been feeling movements for the past week or so. Not everyday, and I can't find a pattern to it at all, but I'm pretty sure it's baby. It's almost always in the same area, which is the same as where we've heard the heartbeat twice now. I want to feel movement consistently and big kicks that are obvious!!!! Plus DH really wants to feel something

Now hashbrowns.... I'm not too sure about that

Mama to Penelope!! born 9/19/10. Missing Elliott 10/10/09. And expecting expecting again Oct '14!
#8 of 109 Old 04-12-2010, 01:36 PM

Everyone don't forget to stop by this week's Spotlight--

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...3#post15289703

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#9 of 109 Old 04-12-2010, 01:40 PM

I'm really begining to fall in love with my chiro.

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#10 of 109 Old 04-12-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda_Reyasmom View Post
I'm really begining to fall in love with my chiro.
yeah, you are not kidding! I'm beginning to feel addicted, but I feel SOOO much better right after a visit.

Movement--Definite strong movements, especially when the elastic of my pants pushes below my belly button, but even *I* haven't been able to feel it from the outside yet

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#11 of 109 Old 04-12-2010, 02:10 PM

I've only felt it once from the outside, but the squirms are becoming more and more frequent, I think at least once a day for the past week or so.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#12 of 109 Old 04-12-2010, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Oh man... went mushroom hunting. Didnt find any but found a ton of spots we are going back to on Thursday. Hoping for a good rain shower and three days of 70+ weather before now and then. Have the temps in the forecast so REALLY hoping for the rain!

#13 of 109 Old 04-12-2010, 05:32 PM

You guys want hashbrowns, I want a bigger house! We've been in this house almost 2 years (which is a record for us ) and it is feeling really small. 2 bedrooms sounded really sufficient when it was just me, dh and ds1 (while TTC ds2), but now it is starting to feel cramped. And there is sooooo much out there in our price now whereas there wasn't when we bought this house.

And I want a new car. I have my wanting pants on today.

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

#14 of 109 Old 04-12-2010, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

I need a new car but do not want one so I think Im going to work on getting DF to agree to having his car become the family car and have mine become his work car. Im not sure if he would go for that but his has much much MUCH more room in the back. I sat in the back seat with two large suitcases next to me and still had a good foot of room to slide around in and turn sideways/get comfy.

#15 of 109 Old 04-12-2010, 08:20 PM

I just loathe the idea of being stuck in a car with 3 kids across the back seat. We used to take our dogs with us everywhere, but there just isn't the space now. Maybe that's the angle I should pursue; the dogs could travel with us if we had a van.

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

#16 of 109 Old 04-12-2010, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter

craving a good rootbeer float

but I dont drink rootbeer or eat ice cream (they both really kill my IBS)

but im going to go buy some anyway just to have one.

#17 of 109 Old 04-13-2010, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Maybe Im NOT more tired than usual. Maybe Im just doing more than usual.

I mean, yeah Im exhausted on days when I sit around and do nothing, but those days are usually preceded by days like yesterday (mushroom hunting) and today (heading up to my grammas to do yardwork for her)

and another thing

am I the only one who thinks its totally bogus that I am grammas ONLY grandkid who will offer to help her around the yard since she cant get around so well anymore? I mean goodness sakes, Im 18 weeks pregnant... you would think one of my handfull of siblings or half dozen cousins would offer... including the 14 year old that LIVES there. But no... Make the pregnant woman do it because she actually feels bad for gramma.

#18 of 109 Old 04-13-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
am I the only one who thinks its totally bogus that I am grammas ONLY grandkid who will offer to help her around the yard since she cant get around so well anymore? I mean goodness sakes, Im 18 weeks pregnant... you would think one of my handfull of siblings or half dozen cousins would offer... including the 14 year old that LIVES there. But no... Make the pregnant woman do it because she actually feels bad for gramma.
I'd drag the 14 year old out of his room and shove a rake in his hand. That's way old enough to do yardwork for your grandmother.

#19 of 109 Old 04-13-2010, 12:07 PM

Mae - yeah why are they making the pregnant lady do all the work?

In my office I am the one who has to change the water bottles on the water cooler. The full bottles are 40lbs and I have to carry them across the whole office. I work with two healthy grown men who exercise regularly. You'd think they would be willing to bear the heavy load. Hmph.

Hey I was thinking about a birth bead swap...is anyone still interested in doing it? I'd really like to participate if someone with a lot of posts is willing to take charge.

#20 of 109 Old 04-13-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis View Post
In my office I am the one who has to change the water bottles on the water cooler. The full bottles are 40lbs and I have to carry them across the whole office. I work with two healthy grown men who exercise regularly. You'd think they would be willing to bear the heavy load. Hmph.
Yeah, you should definitely be insisting that they do that. 40 lbs is a lot for pregnant woman to carry and most would say too much, especially as you get farther along. Get confirmation from your OB/MW if your co-workers don't believe you.

#21 of 109 Old 04-13-2010, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
That is insanity, Louis. You should not be carrying something so heavy at all.

I have only gained 8 lbs and am so happy about that! I have hope that I won't gain 50 lbs again!

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#22 of 109 Old 04-13-2010, 02:15 PM

Mae - There is NO way on God's green earth I would let the 14 year old sit around while I did yard work for my Grandma. I would give him/her a SERIOUS what-for and then make him/her help me. lol. That is totally messed up that no one else is stepping up. Good for you though.

Louis - That is ridiculous!!! ITA that there is no way you should be doing that.

Marilyn, married to my soulmate Jay and mommy to Elijah Blaze 08/04/2003 and Mila Soleil 10/02/2011 . 
#23 of 109 Old 04-13-2010, 04:00 PM

Re: the hashbrown craving. I just made a huge skillet of potato, onion, and mushroom hash. A dash of dried thyme, some chopped parsley, a dash of cream, some salt and pepper....YUM.

And louis, honey, take it from a person who is limping around after lifting my 40-pound son too suddenly...you should NOT be doing that!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#24 of 109 Old 04-13-2010, 04:17 PM

Hehehe, for fun I was looking at my posts from my last DDC to see what I was saying at 17 weeks when I was pregnant with Em, and it's pretty much the same stuff:

Quote:
I've been feeling "flutters" since ridiculously early for a first-timer... I can't remember now, but I want to say I was like 13-14 weeks when I first noticed.

It hasn't stepped up any, though (17 weeks now). It's very occasional and very slight. Which worries me, because I worry about EVERYTHING, but I'm not going to freak out because it IS my first time, and I heard the heart-beat loud and clear a week ago, so I keep telling myself to stop with the paranoia.
Quote:
I had to go out tonight and buy a 34DD bra.

It's like trying to track down an endangered species. There are enough 34B bras to clothe the entire city. But 34DD? Forget it. Apparently my boobs are freaks of nature at the moment.

*sigh*

At least I finally found one that fit.
Quote:
I've been SOOOOOO frickin thirsty lately.

I mean, I'm drinking a LOT of water. Constantly. I think this is why I'm still peeing like I did in first trimester.

What is up with constantly being thirsty?

I shouldn't be prone to any pregnancy problems, but I'm first-time and paranoid about everything being a sign of possible complication.

I'm just kind of doing a "listen to my body" thing and answering the thirstiness by drinking a whole lot of water.

Likely, it's because of the dry inside heat during the winter, and I'm being a complete nut for even thinking about this.

*sigh*

How long until May?

#25 of 109 Old 04-13-2010, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis View Post
Mae - yeah why are they making the pregnant lady do all the work?

Hey I was thinking about a birth bead swap...is anyone still interested in doing it? I'd really like to participate if someone with a lot of posts is willing to take charge.
about the 14 year old... apparently he did it first but did a horrible horrible job. He got all the huge stuff like sticks but there was still a good half garbage bag full left for me to do it. But my 30 year old cousin was there yesterday to give gramma her christmas present (lion king live tickets) and didnt even offer to help with any of the obvious chores.

Gramma kept yelling at me to take it easy today lol... Thank you for doing this, now here take a short break! lol I wasnt gonna complain

Yeah its bogus they make you lift the water bottles! Though I can still lift DD who is in the 40 pound range, I choose not to and she understands. I cuddle with her on the couch and that gives her mommy time.... Im just afraid if I try carrying her Im going to pull something, with how easily I am getting sore.

AND

yes birth beads! Its getting to be time to start setting that up so that (and fingers crossed it doesnt happen) anyone that may end up in the hospital/on bed rest has them to show our support too.

I made it through my dreaded 17th week, which is how far along I was with DS when I had my placental abruption and ended up on bedrest. Every week off of bedrest now is a joyous week to me!

Ill be looking around at beads I like but we will definitely need to get a count and agree on a bead size before I buy any.

#26 of 109 Old 04-13-2010, 04:48 PM

Kelly - I love your bra-hunting rant. I'm on the other end - 38B isn't quite cutting it right now, but 40B is impossible to find and even 40C isn't that common without spending a fortune, which I don't want to do since I'm sure I'll continue to change. I've got a scar right below my right breast that makes a tight band really uncomfortable, so for now I'm using the 38 with two extenders on it.

And I'd love to hear more about these beads. Not familiar with the concept, but it sounds interesting.

Jenifer & Tim
Caitlin Renee, September 2, 2010
#27 of 109 Old 04-13-2010, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifera2 View Post
And I'd love to hear more about these beads. Not familiar with the concept, but it sounds interesting.
We all buy # of beads (one per mama with a couple spares just in case of breakage, or losing one) which would hopefully agreed upon on internal diameter before we do this... all send our # of beads to the lady setting this up (louis if shes crazy enough to do it!) with a self addressed postage paid envelope so that she can go through and put one of each bead in each envelope and send them back, then we make ourselves a bracelet, anklet, necklace, whatever we want to have the physical reminder of the support we all have for each other during birth

#28 of 109 Old 04-13-2010, 05:15 PM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
I was poking around on other mom forums and it reminded me why I only come to Mothering. People advocating CIO for a 5 month old baby... what are they thinking?

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#29 of 109 Old 04-13-2010, 05:20 PM

They did a bead swap in my last DDC, I didn't do it then but I may this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
I was poking around on other mom forums and it reminded me why I only come to Mothering. People advocating CIO for a 5 month old baby... what are they thinking?
*wince* That literally makes me feel sick thinking of it. I always can't help but imagine someone doing that to MY baby and then I get all freaked out emotionally.

#30 of 109 Old 04-13-2010, 05:22 PM

Thanks ladies for the confirmation that I shouldn't be hauling the water bottles. I felt like I should not, but then I was thinking maybe I am just being silly because there are plenty of mama's with 40lb kids who haul them around. Because I am so small in general, people tend to think I am incapable of lifting or doing things. I have always fought against that idea and now I need to just scale back and let others help me.

Kelly- the bra hunting is hilarious...and frustrating! I had to buckle and finally buy new bras. I went up to a 34C and was annoyed by the lack of availability, but eventually found a couple. I am hoping I don't outgrow these in the near future, but they are filled out pretty well. These body changes are so bizarre for me. My body has been the same sizes everywhere for almost a decade!

Jenifer - the Birth Bead Swap is a group setup outside of MDC (they often do them on Yahoo groups) and anyone who is in our DDC can join. Once we have everyone who wants to participate, everyone buys or makes enough beads for one or two for everyone is the group and sends their beads off (with a little note to all the mamas) to the Hostess of the swap with a self addressed stamped envelope. The Hostess sorts the beads and sends them all off to their new homes and everyone uses their beads to make something (usually bracelet or necklace) that will empower them during their labor (or bedrest).

If there is someone who wants to host the group, we should start a new thread to gauge interest. Anyone? Bueller?

Update: Apparently I am a super slow typer and I missed out on several posts. I would totally be willing to host the swap, but I know that some people prefer the hosts to have a lot of posts and that I do not have. I was just a lurker for the first year after I joined MDC. I will go ahead and start the MDC thread and see where we are on interest and if anyone wants some mdc veteran to host, I will pass the reins

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page