Milk Already? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-16-2010, 02:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've noticed that I'm feeling let down tingling in my breasts almost once a day lately and when I checked, I was able to squeeze some clearish "milk" from my nipples. I don't remember having milk this early last time around! I'm also noticing dried milk in my bras, which must be from the times I feel that let down! Crazy! Anyone else?? I'm 18 weeks.
#2 of 5 Old 04-16-2010, 08:54 AM

I'm still nursing 3-4 times in a 24-hour period. I don't know how much milk she's getting but I know she's getting SOME because sometimes when she pops off I can see milk in her mouth.

Since I'm 17 weeks, not sure if that means I'm not going to lose it at all, or that I lost it and it came back, or that I will lose it and it will come back.

Last pregnancy, I had no milk at all until after the birth, then I had colostrum, then milk after 2-3 days.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#3 of 5 Old 04-16-2010, 10:26 AM

No milk yet, but my boobs are getting so big that ds who has been weaned for seven months has started forgetting he's weaned and his hand absently tries to pull my shirt down sometimes. In the bath the other day he almost opened his mouth and turned around to latch on, then he remembered he doesn't nurse any more. I don't know if it's the size or if he can somehow smell the milk comming in.
#4 of 5 Old 04-16-2010, 11:51 AM

18 weeks and just noticed it yesterday too...

Never had it before either of my other kids were born but I guess every pregnancy is different!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#5 of 5 Old 04-16-2010, 11:55 AM

Not yet. I had some early with Reya but don't remember exactly when. For the past year or 2 I generally get a tiny bit with pms, so it is a little weird that I *don't* have any.

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page