What are you looking forward to? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-28-2010, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Staci's thread about pregnancy brain got me thinking...what are you most looking forward to (other than the baby, of course) in 20-ish weeks? Not that we want to fast-forward through this incredible time of kicks and cute, round bellies, but really...there are SOME disadvantages/deprivations that go along with pregnancy.

I am really, really, REALLY looking forward to a good beer. A freezing cold beer. On a warm summer night, out on the patio.

And sleeping on my stomach.

And being able to bleach my teeth (goofy, I know, but I haven't wanted to do it in the past year+ because I was about to TTC, TTC, or pregnant, and my teeth are sooooo yellowy.)

And it will be great to be able to focus on losing weight. Right now I'm really only focusing on not gaining a ton, but once the baby arrives I'd like to put this energy into losing weight in a healthy way.

...but for now I'm going to enjoy (almost) every moment of being pregnant. This is my last time, and I know someday I'm going to miss it!

What are you putting off until the baby arrives?

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2010, 11:43 AM

losing weight!

Snuggling with DF without baby between us (as much as I will enjoy it with baby... I never got to do it much without baby due to living so far apart)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:45 AM

I'm with you on a cold beer!!
After my last birth my BIL came to visit the night after his birth...the night of my first dinner since birth, and he brought me an ice cold beer. I only drank half of it, but it was SOOOOO GOOD! Especially after a July 20 birth, so it was hot and that beer was so cold. Mmmm.

Other than that, I'm pretty much good. I'd like to eat more spicy tuna maki, which I try not to eat too much of while pg but LOVE.

Emily: Homebirthin' mama to 3 boys and a girl.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:22 PM

Tuna Tartar and a drink with a cigarette. I wasn't a constant smoker - I just like a drink and a cigarette when out with the girls a few times a year.

Married to a wonderful man and we have 1 adorable baby girl (8/30/2010) and 2 furbabies.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:59 PM

Sleeping on my stomach for sure! My shoulders hurt every morning because I'm constantly putting pressure on one or the other.

And since reading that you said sleeping on your stomach totally made me tear up (no idea why!) I'm also looking forward to a slightly lowered emotional state.

Losing weight and an ice cold beer also sound wonderful, but I'm enjoying being pregnant so much that I haven't given too much thought to those, yet. Come August, though . . .

Jenifer & Tim
Caitlin Renee, September 2, 2010
Old 04-28-2010, 02:05 PM

I was already trying to lose weight when I got pregnant so its still very fresh in my mind...

I thought of another one though!

having my immune system back

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:17 PM

I'm looking forward to going on long walks again. And eating hot dogs! I actually have a whole long list of food that I'm looking forward to...

rainbow1284.gifenergy.gifAugust 2010 ; angel2.gif April 2009; angel1.gif m/c 2008

Old 04-28-2010, 04:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have either been pregnant or breast feeding for almost 3 years, so.... I have pretty much given up most vices...

I do have sips of beer and wine now, so that will stay the same....
Same with caffeine.

I am sure I will come up with some as time goes on, but I am pretty much doing everything I did before getting pregnant, so.... we will see.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

Old 04-28-2010, 06:08 PM

Great question!

I'm definitely with you on the cold beer. A lovely microbrew would be just wonderful. This summer's going to be a killer!

The weight loss/exercise thing as well. I was in the process of losing weight before the BFP (since I had gained about 30lbs after starting my job, b/c I'm a stress eater...), and I'd like to eventually get back to a weight that makes my body feel comfortable and healthy.

And lastly? Just being able to eat the whole range of foods I ate before. Like veggie burgers. For some reason my body just refuses to come to a truce with them...

All in all, though, I really can't complain about much. Just today I was thinking how great I finally felt...yay for the 2nd trimester!

I before E, except after C.  Weird.
DD: 8/2010.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:09 PM

I'm looking forward to not having to inject myself with insulin (although, to be honest, it really isn't that bad).

Not worrying about things I eat that might mess up my blood sugars... and then hurt the kid in some way.

No more pregnancy insomnia (although I'll be up during the night for breastfeeding).

I can still sort of sleep on my tummy... as I'm not that big... but the days are numbered.

Mom to DS(8), DS(6), DD(4), and DS(1).  "Kids do as well as they can."

Old 04-28-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by umsami View Post
No more pregnancy insomnia (although I'll be up during the night for breastfeeding).
I have insomnia pregnant or not but I can take better pills for it when not pregnant than I can take when pregnant, so thats a good point too!

Old 04-28-2010, 06:31 PM

Count me in on the 'nice, cold beer' club. That and a BIG frozen margarita. YUUUUUMMMM!!

Those are really my big ones so far--this pregnancy has been pretty complaint-less to this point. I'm sure I'll have more in a couple months. Like wearing shoes

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Old 04-28-2010, 08:31 PM

A big strawberry-banana daquiri with a sidecar of Grand Marnier. SO delicious. I've been craving one for some reason.

Sleeping on my stomach (I still kind of can, but I know it won't be for long and I HATE sleeping any other way.)

Losing weight! I was very overweight starting this pregnancy and had been working on losing weight, and I will be very glad to be able to get back to it.

Marilyn, married to my soulmate Jay and mommy to Elijah Blaze 08/04/2003 and Mila Soleil 10/02/2011 . 
Old 04-28-2010, 09:09 PM

I want a big glass of red wine!!! Although I think I might indulge in that when I go into labor

And it will be nice to ditch that pillow between my legs when I sleep! I always seem to leave it behind when I switch sides and then wake up with my back aching all night long!!

Me: lady.gif Sarah, married to: geek.gif J, mommy to: happytears.gif C (8/10) and rolleyes.gif E (11/12)

Old 04-28-2010, 10:02 PM

Losing weight and getting in shape.

No more constipation and intestines poking out of my upper body.

Being able to shave any part of my body I want!

Not feeling like an old woman when I get out of bed or get up from playing with DD on the floor.

Not feeling nauseous, having an appetite and actually enjoying food again!

And a nice cold glass of champagne or a frozen daiquiri sounds divine.

As hard as having a newborn was, it was nowhere near as hard for me as being pregnant. I just don't do pregnancy well.

Mom to DD (3), my little peanut (9/10/09) and our newest addition 9/16/10
Old 04-28-2010, 10:55 PM

Sleeping on my stomach!! or back!! I can't stand sleeping on my side anymore, but I don't really have a choice.

I look forward to losing weight too, but I wasn't really trying before hand (though I should have been )

Mama to Penelope!! born 9/19/10. Missing Elliott 10/10/09. And expecting expecting again Oct '14!
Old 04-29-2010, 12:29 AM

-no more nausea/heartburn ..
-my brain!! i hope...
-not being grouchy/crazy/irrational/overly emotional
-sex without the belly in the way!
-not having to pee 5000 times a day

i would looooovvvee to sleep on my stomach but it wasn't until about 18 months that i was able to do that with DS because it would cause breast engorgement/plugged ducts/leaking ...

- Staci, Mommy to Mollie (3/06), Jamie (5/08), Annie (9/10) and Bently (2/13) chicken3.gif
Old 04-29-2010, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsdtm99 View Post
-i would looooovvvee to sleep on my stomach but it wasn't until about 18 months that i was able to do that with DS because it would cause breast engorgement/plugged ducts/leaking ...
Me too! I can't spend an extended amount of time on my chest while I'm nursing, which makes this "not sleeping on my stomach" thing more of a 3-year commitment (with extended nursing), rather than a 9-month commitment. But I do like to read while on my stomach, propped up on my elbows, and maybe take a *short* cat-nap. THAT I'll be able to do....I hope!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
Old 04-29-2010, 09:37 AM

For those with insomnia, have you tried taking a teaspoon of raw honey before bed? It stimulates melatonin production and helps me to sleep better and feel more rested in the morning (even though I am getting up to pee 1-2 times a night)

DH takes it too when he's coming off of night shift work (rotates every 4 days) and he swears by it. This coming from a man who writes off all natural remedies and was about to seek sleeping pill RX.

DS September 2008 and DD September 2010
Old 04-29-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeisorym View Post
Tuna Tartar and a drink with a cigarette. I wasn't a constant smoker - I just like a drink and a cigarette when out with the girls a few times a year.
Oh yes. I was a constant smoker before my first baby, quit for the pregnancy. Started back up again very lightly (hard to do a lot of smoking when you have a baby and won't smoke around the baby). Quit again for this pregnancy.

I know they are awful but sometimes I really want one.

I'm looking forward to that magical moment when the new baby is asleep, the old baby is playing with her dad, and I'll be able to go out on the porch with a book, a cold beer, and a cigarette, and have awesome quiet time. Hopefully I'll have that moment before the end of the fall, rotfl, because with two under two I don't anticipate a lot of quiet time.

Looking forward to not feeling guilty about laying on my back. I'm already big enough that I don't feel comfortable doing it.

Looking forward to not being so anal about what I eat.

Looking forward to starting a new stage of life. This will be my last pregnancy, and while pregnancy is beautiful and awesome, it will be odd but I think cool to not be in the anticipating-being-pregnant stage, or the fertile-pregnant stage, but in the no-more-pregnant stage. I want to get my body back. I want to exercise all winter and see how good I can get my stomach, get in good shape, and know that I'm not going to be putting my body through this again. Vain, I know, but it will be nice.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

Old 04-29-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryztuh View Post
For those with insomnia, have you tried taking a teaspoon of raw honey before bed? It stimulates melatonin production and helps me to sleep better and feel more rested in the morning (even though I am getting up to pee 1-2 times a night)

DH takes it too when he's coming off of night shift work (rotates every 4 days) and he swears by it. This coming from a man who writes off all natural remedies and was about to seek sleeping pill RX.
We tried that... and sleepy time tea with honey... with my first pregnancy but it never helped. My insomnia is caused by RLS (and with the first two also sleep apnea but I have had corrective surgery for that) so I really need something to either knock me out cold or get my legs to stop moving for me to sleep soundly.

I am helped a bit by sleeping with a large amount of weight on my legs (think like 5 comforters folded up and laid on top of my legs only lol...) but through the night I still have to roll over as I get uncomfortable easily and they slowly get knocked off.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:43 PM

I am looking forward to drinking coffee and also a big glass of wine! I am also looking forward to having more stable emotions. The first trimester was the worst and I am better now but I still get teary at the smallest thing!
Old 05-01-2010, 02:18 PM

*Drinking real coffee!
*Having a summery drink (ice cold beer, margarita) on a nice evening, out on the porch with DH.
*Having some energy to do something- I've been so physically exhausted, the not-sleeping exhaustion is different at least!
*Having some time off work. I get 12 weeks paid leave, and this has been a rough year at work. I'm very, very glad to know that those 3 months are ahead of me out there!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

Old 05-02-2010, 03:15 AM

~ Riding my motorcycle.
~ My body back (although I am sure that will take some work).
~ My normal hair back, my hair is driving my crazy! Even my hairdresser commented on how it's changed.
~ Not having to pee all that time.

DS ( 9/2010) and TTC #2 fingersx.gif

Old 05-03-2010, 01:27 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Will I be less tired?

Nah, probably not.

So, looking forward to meeting this baby and that crack-like newborn smell. YUM! Love the gazes, when they really SEE you.

And being able to sleep on my back--I already can't breathe if I lie on my back.

I always read that an alcoholic beverage/caffeine now and then won't hurt you or the baby. Especially at this stage in pgncy. FWIW.

Jessica: wife to my farmer and homeschooling mama to three girls and two boys

Old 05-03-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsgirl View Post
I always read that an alcoholic beverage/caffeine now and then won't hurt you or the baby. Especially at this stage in pgncy. FWIW.
Theres been a lot of debate on that including posting of studies that both supposedly prove it and supposedly disprove it.

FWIW, Id rather not risk it.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:59 PM

A big night of lots of sushi with tuna and other mercury-laden fish. And slathering self-tanner all over my body. I'll probably wait until finishing bf-ing for that stuff, though, so probably a few more years.

I have up to 2 cups of coffee a day (although constantly trying to cut it out b/c I don't think caffeine is good for anyone), so I'm not really missing that. I also occasionally drink a diet soda and have sips of beer or margaritas so I'm not missing those things either. If I had more discipline I would love to cut out the coffee and diet soda while pregnant and nursing, but I just don't think it is going to happen!

DD 12/07 DS 9/10

User Tag List