Mothering Forum banner

Gender Results Are In - It's a....

877 views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  kevinsgirl 
#1 ·
...BOY!

I have to admit I'm "slightly disappointed" it's not another girl. I really wanted to be able to use all of the adorable girl clothes my daughter barely or never wore. And I really wanted DD to have a sister. And I liked the girl name we had picked out.

But this way she can still be the only "Daddy's Little Girl" and it will be interesting to have one child of each gender.

I had a dream last night it was a boy. Up until this point I really couldn't tell (though I predicted a girl).

And everything looked healthy and normal on the scan so that's great news.

See less See more
#8 ·
Congratulations! I think you'll be happily surprised at parenting a boy... our boys have been the cuddliest, sweetest, most loving little creatures you could ever imagine.

I hear you on the disappointment, though.
I like to think that, a year from now, we'll all think we were crazy for wanting anyone but the sweet bundle we have.

#9 ·
Congrats! Little boys rock and boys ALWAYS stay true to their mamas. It's amazing how fiercly loyal my little guy is... so sweet. I love having a mama's boy

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by boatbaby View Post
Congrats! Little boys rock and boys ALWAYS stay true to their mamas. It's amazing how fiercly loyal my little guy is... so sweet. I love having a mama's boy

lol mine started bawling when I said that when hes 18 hes going to move out on his own... he wants to live with me forever (LOL Im not sure if thats sweet or typical guy behavior)

Then I reminded him if hes a Marine he cant live with his mommy, he has to live in the barracks... and now hes torn on what to do lol

#11 ·
Congrats!
My little guy is such a sweetheart, it's hard to remember how disappointed I was that he wasn't another girl. I really wanted DD to have a sister, and was sure DS was another girl. Boys are great!

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
lol mine started bawling when I said that when hes 18 hes going to move out on his own... he wants to live with me forever (LOL Im not sure if thats sweet or typical guy behavior)

Then I reminded him if hes a Marine he cant live with his mommy, he has to live in the barracks... and now hes torn on what to do lol
That's too cute!

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by gradstudentmommy View Post
Ah, thanks ladies. You're making me feel more excited about having a boy. My DD loves me but she's TOTALLY a Daddy's girl. It would be nice to have one child that favors me for once!
It IS nice!

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by gradstudentmommy View Post
Ah, thanks ladies. You're making me feel more excited about having a boy. My DD loves me but she's TOTALLY a Daddy's girl. It would be nice to have one child that favors me for once!
I've never known a young boy who wasn't a mommy's boy. Ds3 is fond of sitting in my lap, wrapping his arms around me, snuggling into my neck and saying "Mommy, I love you infinity." I swear, there's at least one meltable moment a DAY with this kid! Boys are GREAT!!

#18 ·
Congrats!

Yeah, little boys ARE sweet. I love the way ds looks at me like he's in love sometimes. You know how a guy can give you a "look", and you can tell he's thinking, "She's so pretty"? Ds does that. It's so cute. And he totally trusts me, in ways dd does not. He just *knows* I am watching him and taking care of him. Loyal...very.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.