What's wrong w me?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 05-25-2010, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I noticed a few weeks ago I had these clusters of bruises/broken blood vessels or something underneath my butt cheeks. It looks like I sat on a bed of nails or something. I thought maybe it went away but it is bad again now. Not really painful but I've looked all over internet to try to find pics that looked similar w no luck. Anyone have any ideas?? I had DF take pics of my butt haha

Likes a little crunch with occasional sogginess~Misty,Mama to L1, L2, L3, L4,L5 and Loving J!
#2 of 14 Old 05-25-2010, 09:00 AM

Is your iron low?

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#3 of 14 Old 05-25-2010, 10:25 AM

Could be low platelets also, which are common later in pregnancy.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#4 of 14 Old 05-25-2010, 12:19 PM

I'm not an expert for sure, but are hemorrhoids not just engorged/broken blood vessels? I have not had them before (knock on wood), but that would be my first guess.

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
#5 of 14 Old 05-25-2010, 12:22 PM

I get little red spots all over my arms, looks like i was using red spraypaint... its a pregnancy-only thing for me. My doctor says its fine and nothing to worry about and due to the increased blood flow through my system.

Not quite sure what you mean about yours though... it sounds like they would be much bigger than mine! Both of those other causes sound plausible.

(no it doesnt sound like hemorrhoids at all though, and I hope crafty stays lucky enough never to get them!)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#6 of 14 Old 05-25-2010, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

haha no, not in my anus area on my cheeks upper thigh area.
I do have low iron and ran out of yellow dock... maybe it has something to do w that. I looked at pics of petechiae and tough it doesn't look exactly the same, seems to be the closest.

Likes a little crunch with occasional sogginess~Misty,Mama to L1, L2, L3, L4,L5 and Loving J!
#7 of 14 Old 05-25-2010, 04:23 PM

These are what I have...

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...y/P1070869.jpg this is the largest one, you can see two others in the view (they almost look like freckles) that are the normal size... just like if id been poked with a needle!

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...y/P1070871.jpg a normal sized one (tiny tiny! and you can see others further back again, look like freckles but all my freckles are on the outside of my arms and these are all over the inside!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#8 of 14 Old 05-25-2010, 04:29 PM

I get petechiae in pregnancy also, on my upper, inside arms. The only other time I have had them is when I had a terrible reaction to an antibiotic in college, and then they were on my thighs. Mine look just like Maeryn's. Glad to hear it can be normal in pregnancy.
#9 of 14 Old 05-25-2010, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Ok mine Doesn't look like that, but I do have some of the tiny ones on my arms.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64...00/butt2-1.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64...00/butt3-1.jpg

it's a loot darker, more red today

#10 of 14 Old 05-25-2010, 09:24 PM

oh my! do they hurt or itch? Id almost say that yeah... it looks like you sat on something odd! of course thats not likely the case but it really is what it looks like!

#11 of 14 Old 05-25-2010, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

Not painful, I just noticed it in the mirror after showering. I think I'm freaking myself out I found pics of leukemia bruising. I called my MW but haven't heard back.

#12 of 14 Old 05-25-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommamisty View Post
Not painful, I just noticed it in the mirror after showering. I think I'm freaking myself out I found pics of leukemia bruising. I called my MW but haven't heard back.
oh hun if it were leukemia bruising im sure you would have much more than just THAT... I do worry over that as well though, to the point that if I know one of my children has a bruise I have to keep checking it day after day to be sure it is acting like a normal bruise.

Im sure its nothing... maybe you did hurt it at some point and just never realized it?

#13 of 14 Old 05-26-2010, 02:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Oh I've had bruising like that before. Now I can't remember what caused it but I had many years of severe anemia during which I was almost constantly covered in bruises from little to no actual impact. I could have very well sat on a hairbrush and ended up with that sort of pattern.

I hope it turns out to be nothing for you. If it does just clear up on its own maybe have your iron checked again or a CBC run just to be sure.

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#14 of 14 Old 08-07-2014, 12:12 AM

Post Bruises on my lower right butt cheek !

I have the same exact bruises as the ones in the picture. I watched it go away, and reappear. Looks like I sat on a crate with just a part of my butt cheek. Did you ever find out more of what it was??? Diabetes? Iron? I will ask my Dr. At my next visit in two weeks.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page