Mothering Forum banner

Spotlight on... MaerynPearl! 7-5

504 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  MaerynPearl 
#1 ·
Welcome to this week's Spotlight, MaerynPearl!

Here's how we do this: Anyone who wants to, will pitch in a question for you (you being MaerynPearl this week). Pretty much nothing is off limits, although of course you only have to answer the questions you want to. Also, if you wants to pitch in any words of wisdom, interesting information, anything goes-- it's your thread.

So, I'll start us off:

How are you feeling at this point?

Do you have any ideas of the gender? Are you planning to find out before the birth?

What are you thinking of for a birth plan?

Anyone else who has questions, feel free to post them!

If you're new to the DDC and want to sign up for your own Spotlight thread, here's the link: http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1182330

#3 ·
How are you feeling at this point?

All sorts of sore! My bladder is sore, my back is sore, my pelvis is REALLY sore (yay SPD)

Do you have any ideas of the gender? Are you planning to find out before the birth?

Two ultrasounds have said, much to our surprise, baby girl! I was convinced boy, DHs entire family figured we only had a 1% chance of girl lol.

What are you thinking of for a birth plan?

We are planning a nice relaxing home birth. Possibly water birth. I just do not want to go to the hospital and be stuck in bed for however many days I am there! I want to be at home and comfortable.

How did your move go? Are you all settled in, or still unpacking?

Move went great, still unpacking. I have a feeling that when she gets here... we will still be unpacking lol... Neither DH nor I are horribly motivated to finish. We have the essentials out... so everything else is just bleh. I do keep practically begging DH to at LEAST put the Christmas decorations in the attic so I can walk through the livingroom without tripping over them!

What is your favorite movie and/or book?

Tough question! It depends on my mood usually but I guess right now my mood says I like Penelope for my favorite movie and ... hmm... My hypnobirthing book! lol

What would be your perfect day?

Ive had a lot of those... what it comes down to is spending the day with DH and the kids... no matter what we are doing... if the kids behave the whole day and DH is particularly sweet, that makes the perfect day!

#4 ·
So, you are from Illinois I think and now you live in North Carolina...have you lived in other places? How do you like the south so far?

Are you all set with your layette items or anything besides unpacking you really want to do before Baby Mae gets here?

How are you enjoying your hypnobirthing program? Did you try it with any of your previous births? Have you always had homebirth?

#5 ·
So, you are from Illinois I think and now you live in North Carolina...have you lived in other places? How do you like the south so far?

I was born in northwestern Illinois and lived there most of my life... also Wisconsin and down in San Diego, CA for a while (my step dad was Navy and stationed down there)

I am enjoying living down here a lot... its considerably warmer than back in IL, but we have central air which makes everything way easier!

I do not like the different critters here than home, though. First day here we saw a velvet ant (a creepy huge wingless wasp for anyone who doesn't know!) The lizards do not bother me but the thought that my yard may have fire ants and/or strange snakes I do not recognize scares the pee out of me!

Are you all set with your layette items or anything besides unpacking you really want to do before Baby Mae gets here?

NOWHERE near ready... I have hardly anything. I have a bouncy seat and a cradle swing, both objects that are not NEEDED but rather just very nice luxuries to have.

I have a dozen AIOs and 5 pocket diapers on the way, will order more according to which I like more when they arrive.

I want to get a moby wrap and probably one or two other carriers too.

I do have all of her clothes I could possibly need for the first year (and KEEP buying more anyway!)

And whenever we get around to it, MIL already told us she will be buying us whatever crib WE want and having it delivered to our nearest store for DH to pick up... then I will get DH to sidecar it to our bed. I sort of want this done NOW so that I can start sleeping with my tummy in it, and thus have more room on the bed (I often wake up with my belly hanging over the edge!)

How are you enjoying your hypnobirthing program? Did you try it with any of your previous births?

Its lovely! It is my first time with it but its basically going more in depth on how I treated my two previous births with no education in the method, so that is pretty cool. I do not think its for everyone, but those who are really interested and really want to try it I would recommend it!

Have you always had homebirth?

Nope!

My son was born, induced, at 40w4d in the hospital after a failed NST. We had had a placental abruption earlier in the pregnancy (17w) and I was paranoid about losing him due to having lost my pregnancy before him at 13w... just 2 months before I got pregnant with him!

Other than the induction/iv and NST/ultrasounds that birth was about as natural as I thought you could get in a hospital... no pain drugs or anything.

Then... I had DD!

born at 39w someodddays... I forget what exactly though I wanna say 39w3d... not a single needle touched my body. No IV in the hospital, no pain meds, nothing.

So I figured... if I can do it in the hospital without pain meds... I can probably do it at home without pain meds and end up being more comfortable!

My doctor is actually the one that talked me into it telling me how I was the perfect person to do so (no history of problems, other than the placental abruption which was caused by nearly hitting a deer... but I smoked early on in that pregnancy and that added to it... I havent smoked in 8 years now!)

I am very excited to welcome little Mae into our home in 2 months!

#6 ·
What's the one thing you can't seem to get enough of this pregnancy (food, drink, massages, anything really)?

Who, if anyone, do you want with you during the birth? In the house?

How are/have you preparing/prepared your other kids for this little one's arrival?

Once you've given birth/recovered enough what do you plan on doing that you couldn't do during pregnancy? Anything you've been especially fantasizing about?

Ami

#7 ·
What's the one thing you can't seem to get enough of this pregnancy (food, drink, massages, anything really)?

If you ask my midwife... its water. I drink and drink and drink it and still show up with dehydrated pee! LOL

Otherwise... it changes. She seems to be very picky in what she will make me crave... but its rarely the same thing. Early on I craved mexican food SO bad... almost always its meats though.

Who, if anyone, do you want with you during the birth? In the house?

DH, the midwife and her assistant. Not even my kid.

How are/have you preparing/prepared your other kids for this little one's arrival?

I havent had to lol... they were begging me for a sibling for the two years we were TTC. We didnt tell them we were TTC... but nonetheless they were begging!

They are very much a part of all of this though, DD has gotten to go to one of my ultrasounds, both will be going to the one tomorrow if I still have it. They both got their say in about the name (more in a do you think this is a nice name way rather than a tell us what you want to name the baby way... id rather not name my child Spiderman or Dora)

Once you've given birth/recovered enough what do you plan on doing that you couldn't do during pregnancy? Anything you've been especially fantasizing about?

walking without pain. OMG please. To be able to take the kids to places in the area we want to go, like museums and the aquarium. Right now I can barely even go shopping without feeling like someone shattered my pelvic bones.

#9 ·
Do you have a birth day prediction with this LO?

I THINK I will go early. I HOPE it is around 38 weeks and I would LOVE if it were on my birthday, September 4th, 10 days before my due date!

#11 ·
What's been the best parts of this pregnancy for you?

Having a DH who actually cares and helps me... and two children who are old enough to understand that mommy cannot do everything and help out without complaining

What's been the most challenging?

Spending between my BFP and 26 weeks without DH... and dealing with the SPD... i did not have it with either of the other two and I now totally understand how pregnancy can be utterly painful!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.