Breech worries - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 103 Old 08-04-2010, 10:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OMG...*whispers* Baby is head down!!!! Not engaged at. all. But head down nonetheless. Please oh please stay that way!!!!

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#62 of 103 Old 08-04-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunch View Post
OMG...*whispers* Baby is head down!!!! Not engaged at. all. But head down nonetheless. Please oh please stay that way!!!!

Alison
Mama to Toad (08/06), Frog (01/09)... and new baby Newt born on his due date, Sep. 8, 2010
#63 of 103 Old 08-04-2010, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunch View Post
I figure the carrots are the quietest of the veggies. I wouldn't want the baby to overhear all this celebrating, become to excited and turn back around. Yay for you!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#64 of 103 Old 08-04-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemyavery View Post
I figure the carrots are the quietest of the veggies.
*snort* That made me LOL!

Thanks Alison and Carrie! Now if only I could get him to drop into my pelvis. His head is off to the right at the moment, kind of toward my hip. If I can get him to engage, A) maybe I can stop worrying about position and B) I might actually go into labor sometime!!

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#65 of 103 Old 08-05-2010, 02:41 AM

(whispering)Yay!Get on a ball and hopefully he'll sink down into your pelvis.
Was it acupuncture?

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

#66 of 103 Old 08-05-2010, 07:54 AM

*whispers* Yay!

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#67 of 103 Old 08-05-2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersmom View Post
(whispering)Yay!Get on a ball and hopefully he'll sink down into your pelvis.
Was it acupuncture?
Nope...supposed to go for that today. I think I may put it off till next week. I think it was a combination of everything but largely the adjustment by the new (fabulous) chiropractor yesterday.

Thanks crittersmom and Kelly! *I think he's still head down* shhhhhh.....

#68 of 103 Old 08-05-2010, 11:36 AM

Congratulations, PinkBunch! Time to take advantage that you know the head is down and start doing lots of squats, or just sit around squatting!

I'm back to having a hard time figuring out baby's position, but pretty sure head is down and feet are kicking me on right top again. So, maybe LOA or LOP. Yay!

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

#69 of 103 Old 08-09-2010, 02:51 PM

Weeelllll....I think he's back heads-up. UGH. I have done nothing differently since earlier in the week. And he has been in about every position imaginable since then. I'm so, so over it!

Does anyone else feel this way? Completely and utterly frustrated and defeated and just wanting it to be OVER?? Maybe I'm just having a bad day, but I am so tired of constantly worrying about whether the hard bump at the top of my uterus is a head or a butt and if I'm feeling kicks high or low. I just want to give up.

I'm also irritated because I have a version on the books for Friday, and if he's spinning this much still, it's lots of wasted time and effort.

Sorry to be a downer--I'm just do incredibly annoyed and irritable right now, and I figured you ladies might understand.

#70 of 103 Old 08-09-2010, 03:49 PM

You just described me to a T right now. I was getting cautiously excited because I could have sworn she flipped last night, and then I woke up to a hard ball all the way up between my ribs. Could it be her butt? Maybe. I'm frustrated and sad and scared, and just want her to go head down. Please. For the love of it all, please. I've never had any kind of major surgery and I really, really don't want a cesarean... So yeah, I'm in a major funk today...

Samantha, married to Holly for over five years . DD #1 born 12/13/06 , DD #2 born 8/18/10 and 2 furballs of indeterminate age.
#71 of 103 Old 08-10-2010, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Add me to the major funk list Still breech... Consult appt. with the OB has been scheduled for Thur or Fri next week (waiting call from midwives). Version would be early the following week. Baby DOES NOT move from this spot, not more than tipping side to side a little, or sometimes sinking further down. I had a few days of feeling zen about this then went to our second class at the birth center, and watched videos of these fabulous water births and came home and cried. I can't imagine loosing my birth!

I'm trying to make some contingency plans if we do need a c-section, or the version ends in an emergency section. My DH doesn't want to talk about it, he says we've "talked enough about it" and that there is no sense worrying about what we don't know yet. He also informed me he won't come to my OB appointment. Why? Because he is concerned if we have a version and then an emergency c-section he'll have to leave work unexpectedly. He has a lot to do, so he basically said "Do you want me at the appointment or the version?" So yeah, now I'm going alone to find out if I'm a candidate for a version. I'm terrified that she's going to say there's an awful cord wrap and it's a section urgently or something. He seems uncharacteristically self-focused on this. He's just worried about work and doesn't seem to to care how I feel about going alone to the appointment.

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

#72 of 103 Old 08-10-2010, 08:01 PM

*hugs you* I'm doing my appts alone too. I'm so sorry you aren't feeling supported. Do you think that maybe this is how he's handling his own fear of what's going on? My thoughts are with you...*hugs again*

Samantha, married to Holly for over five years . DD #1 born 12/13/06 , DD #2 born 8/18/10 and 2 furballs of indeterminate age.
#73 of 103 Old 08-10-2010, 09:32 PM

Midwife couldn't quite figure out where baby was today. All I know is I have feet wayyyyy over to my right side above the hip and hands moving my pelvis in a way that is extremely indicative of a posterior position. I don't get it.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#74 of 103 Old 08-10-2010, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpgoddess View Post
*hugs you* I'm doing my appts alone too. I'm so sorry you aren't feeling supported. Do you think that maybe this is how he's handling his own fear of what's going on? My thoughts are with you...*hugs again*
Yeah, I think he is not wanting to face this. He's been very "baby will turn! no worries!" and now that we keep creeping closer, and baby keeps not turning, he's shutting down. He's worried too but is an internal worrier, I'm a talker/planner/MDC poster. I don't mind going to my midwives appointments alone, but I really want him at this OB consult.

Quote:
Midwife couldn't quite figure out where baby was today. All I know is I have feet wayyyyy over to my right side above the hip and hands moving my pelvis in a way that is extremely indicative of a posterior position. I don't get it.
Do you have an anterior placenta? I do and there is a "dead zone" in the middle of my belly where it is extremely hard to feel baby's position. Baby usually sits with head up and to the right, one foot down low in my pelvis and hands/other foot out front. I can feel the hands and foot sliding against my skin, little alien baby movements, but when baby sinks low, his/her head "disappears." My midwife had some trouble confirming position, and it was the location of a foot, then a butt, that helped us figure out where the head was. Then she double checked with doppler to confirm.

#75 of 103 Old 08-11-2010, 12:02 PM

Yes, I do have an anterior placenta. She did use the doppler and we were pretty sure the back was on the right side, but where the feet are is so low that it's odd and she said if she can't verify the head down by the next appt (36 wks) we'll do a quick u/s to figure it out. She was really digging in there to try to feel the head but just couldn't.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#76 of 103 Old 08-11-2010, 12:40 PM

Wish me luck, chiro and acu this am, then midwife appt at 2:00......

#77 of 103 Old 08-11-2010, 12:43 PM

I am experiencing the same thing with an anterior placenta. I thought mine was anterior fundal, but it's just plan anterior. The "void" is so weird!

As of my OB appointment Monday, he was head down. We found his heartbeat on the right side about even with my belly button. We peeked with the dinky u/s and couldn't tell which part of his head was down, and we saw *something* next to/behind it. Like an elbow?? None of the placement of the parts was making much sense, and he is still moving SO much that we decided to go ahead with the more detailed u/s at the MFM tomorow. I definitely have feet in my ribs, but he is NOT vertex 99% of the time, and I feel something significant in my left hip to the point that it hurt to lie on my left side last night. Who knows! The likelihood of needing a version at this point is low, but we will be able to at least identify or rule out other malpositioning issues. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's the BACK of his head by my cervix. And that he's 110% posterior. But we shall see.

Carrie--my DH is much like yours in that work takes precedence. Like today I called him twice and have yet to get a call back! He's not coming to my u/s tomorrow, but I think I am okay with that. Don't get me wrong--I would love for him to be there in case I get news I don't want, but at the same time, if I have to trade, I'll take that one. I guess

mkp--any updates from you? You're a week closer than I am and having action (I don't think I've had a single contrax yet), so you've been on my mind!! I do have to say that while no one wants a c/s, having made the decision to have one with DD2, it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. No, it's not the same as a non-interventive vaginal birth. But it can be a positive experience--mine was quite healing, actually. It's easier to get to the point of accepting it and making the best of it when you know that it's inevitable AND the best choice at that moment for your baby. Then you can plan how it's going to go and make it a good birth for everyone. I hope that makes sense. I was terrified and refused to accept that a c/s may be the best course of action for us. But in the end it turned out to be a much more positive experience than I ever could have anticipated--and my recovery was better than my vaginal birth!

#78 of 103 Old 08-11-2010, 08:20 PM

She's now transverse, which I guess is sort of better than breech. They are giving me another week and then I meet with an OB to do another ultrasound and potential ECV. Ugh.

All my other stars are aligning: GBS - (!!!), losing plug, at my weight goal, BP and sugars are perfect. WHY is this happening?!?!?!

#79 of 103 Old 08-12-2010, 10:44 PM

UGH, mkp, I'm so sorrry. On the bright side she IS moving. I felt much like you in that everything else was lining up so well, besides the fact that baby wasn't where he was supposed to be! It's so frustrating.

AFM--Had the pre-ECV ultrasound this morning, and I am thrilled to say that we got to cancel the ECV He was head down, back to my right, arms and legs just where you expect. He's still a boy, and he has LOTS of hair. It was fun getting a peek.

#80 of 103 Old 08-12-2010, 10:58 PM

Oh Pinkbunch that's such great news! You must be ecstatic. Squat, squat, squat! LOL
#81 of 103 Old 08-12-2010, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Yay PinkBunch! Sucks bri and mkp Note that all three of us have anterior placenta's...

How far along will you be at your appointment mkp? Are you seeing midwives or OB's? I'll be 36wk5d next week at my consulting appointment. Version would be early the following week, we think. I'm seeing midwives at a freestanding birth center, this is their back-up OB whom I've never met. But she (the OB) had a birth at the birth center and another at home. I can really trust and respect her opinion about the best way to proceed. This baby still has never moved even to full transverse. ALWAYS breech, ALWAYS footling. Back to the chiro tomorrow... I'm just struggling to be hopeful at this point, although I know it's not panic time yet...

#82 of 103 Old 08-13-2010, 12:12 AM

I will be 38 weeks exactly at that appt...sigh. I'm worried that I'll be too late... I just keep praying that for whatever reason, she magically drops into place and I go into labor soon after before she has a chance to turn again...lol. I am sooooo DONE. I see a midwife through Kaiser, but will see an OB for this next appt because if I need a version, she'll be the one to do it later that afternoon.

I keep swinging between obsessively checking for the hard round ball in my tummy to not wanting to think about ANY of it. I'm uncomfortable and just ready to get PAST this already!

#83 of 103 Old 08-13-2010, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbunch View Post
afm--had the pre-ecv ultrasound this morning, and i am thrilled to say that we got to cancel the ecv :d he was head down, back to my right, arms and legs just where you expect. He's still a boy, and he has lots of hair. It was fun getting a peek.
yay!

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#84 of 103 Old 08-13-2010, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpgoddess View Post
I keep swinging between obsessively checking for the hard round ball in my tummy to not wanting to think about ANY of it. I'm uncomfortable and just ready to get PAST this already!
I hear ya! I sit here with my hand on baby's head... I worry a lot about what we are going to do if baby doesn't turn. When we would schedule if baby stays footling... Trying to imagine all the back to school stuff this fall with DD while recovering from a c-section, giving up my birth... Then, I realize how much I'm focusing on baby NOT turning, and swing back to trying to be positive and hopeful that baby WILL turn.

#85 of 103 Old 08-13-2010, 09:28 AM

ilovemyavery--I found out my placenta is anterior too! I thought it was fundal, but it is not. That IS interesting...

momtotwo--Oh, I am so all over the squats and the exercise ball right now!

I'm really thinking "TURN!" thoughts for you guys. It is just SO hard because we can do all this stuff but in the end we have no control over it. I hope you both have wonderful OB consults. I imagine it must be very different when you've been using MW care all along to move to an OB and more medicalized care. {{{HUGS}}} I'm going to hang out and continue to support you guys. Hopefully both of you have successful ECVs and the beautiful births you hoped for!

#86 of 103 Old 08-16-2010, 10:43 AM

I'm back. It's Monday, so of course I am freaking out pre-OB appointment. I really feel like something unfavorable is going on in there--I have a big, hard lump way off to the left again, and that's where he likes to stick either a head or a foot. AND I had a lot of really tight discomfort this weekend. I'm just so worried that he decided head down was overrated... Whatever he is doing in there does NOT feel as good as it did when he was in blast-off position!

#87 of 103 Old 08-16-2010, 10:50 PM

Pinkbunch, was your appointment today? How did it go??
#88 of 103 Old 08-16-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtotwo2004 View Post
Pinkbunch, was your appointment today? How did it go??
Aww...yes Thanks for checking on me! While he is flopping around in there, he is very much still head down. Whew. I hate having to worry about it--but I'm doing what I can to get him to descend and engage a bit, so that's all I can do.

HOW IS EVERYONE ELSE????

#89 of 103 Old 08-16-2010, 11:27 PM

Wow, that's awesome news!!! Here's to engagement!!
#90 of 103 Old 08-18-2010, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah PinkBunch!!

AFM, we are not certain where baby is! Which is, as my midwife said, "reason to be optimistic" since baby has been so obviously breech. There is something below the butt or head, a leg or arm, but they we aren't sure what we are feeling above that limb. I'm pretty sure baby is still breech, I'm getting awfully big "punches" way down low, and this morning I'm feeling a big knobby head up high, but I'm trying to be postive!!

I go in tomorrow for the consult appointment with the OB. The news is not fabulous though, the midwife warned me there is a good chance I won't be a candidate for the version becasue of the anterior placenta. Also, it's their hospital policy to do the version with an epidural followed immediatly by an induction. That couldn't be further from what I want. I can't decide if that's worse than a scheduled c-section or not... She also said that given my labor history (fast, irregular cx, nearly painless, arrived at a 9 when I was unsure I was even in labor), our distance from the hospital (over an hour) and baby's position (assuming he/she is footling breech) that she would not recommend waiting until I go into labor to do a section, but that I schedule ahead.

In the end tomorrow will bring one of four options- Baby is vertex. Baby is breech for a medical reason and it's not safe to turn. Baby is breech for no reason and I am a candidate for a version. Baby is breech for no reason and I am NOT a candidate for a version. The big questions are the what-if's that come with those options.

This is all assuming they do the ultrasound tomorrow, the midwife said this might be consult only and I might have to book the ultrasound for another day... I'm glad she warned me of that possibilty, because I probably would have freaked out. And also, my blood pressure is hovering close to 140/90, I'm swelling, and they are writing me off work, thankfully...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page