Breech worries - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 103 Old 08-18-2010, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks Carrie!

You sound relieved to have all of your options laid out for you at least. I'm sorry to hear about the epidural/induction. Can you refuse the epidural and induction? I would not have had either forced upon me. Actually they WON'T do a version with and epi from what I understand. And FWIW, no one seemed to be too worried about my anterior placenta. It's crazy to me how different practices/pracitioners/facilities have such different rules.

I AM sorry about your lack of options to get the birth you want. Having said that, I have had both an induction with epi AND a c/s not preceeded by labor. I think you could very well end up with more of the birth that you want if you go for the induction. I mean, they can turn down and/or remove the epi at any point, and once you get into a labor pattern, they can stop the pit altogether. It's not a birth center birth for sure, but maybe you can get closer than you think?

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#92 of 103 Old 08-19-2010, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

THE BABY IS VERTEX!!!!!!!

I'm updating from my phone, so this is brief, but I was woken up by wild movements last night, very uncomfy... went in for consult today and OB said, well... I think I'm feeling a head, and we verified with u/s!! Now baby stay this way, please!!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#93 of 103 Old 08-19-2010, 04:42 PM

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#94 of 103 Old 08-19-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemyavery View Post
THE BABY IS VERTEX!!!!!!!

I'm updating from my phone, so this is brief, but I was woken up by wild movements last night, very uncomfy... went in for consult today and OB said, well... I think I'm feeling a head, and we verified with u/s!! Now baby stay this way, please!!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaahoooooooooooooo!!!!

I had to return the favor of the dancing veggies. I'm downright thrilled for you. How amazing--turning like that so late in the game. You must be elated. Now birth ball, squats, and all that fun stuff!!

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#95 of 103 Old 08-19-2010, 10:45 PM

How wonderful!!!! You must be just ecstatic!!
#96 of 103 Old 08-20-2010, 01:37 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the veggies Pink Bunch! And the congrats everyone

We are SOOOO happy! I'm 37 weeks today or Saturday, depending on what due dates you use, so I was getting pretty pessimistic! It was worth the consult because it scared baby into turning over!

Really though, it was worth the consult, apparently now that I've seen her if I have to transfer she can be my OB as record, and we can request to see her group, not just the resident on call. That alone is worth it, since she's an awesome crunchy one of a kind OB. Also, if baby flips back I now know my options. They don't do the version until 39 weeks!! Because it either ends in a section or an induction, but she'll support my right to leave if it's successful. They also wouldn't book me for a c-section prior to 39 weeks, which because it falls on a Saturday (of labor day weekend) and then school starts, I would have been 39wk4d before they would consider a version or section. The hospital has taken the recommendation of no more elective procedures prior to 39 weeks very seriously, it's a firm rule.

Anyway, last night was weird. Baby was very active at bed time, way more than normal. I fell asleep and woke up two hours later in a very funny position in bed, with my leg almost off the side and my hips turned way out and open, baby was in the weirdest position and moving up, up, up, and apparently, down, down down. It was very uncomfy and I had to get up and walk around. I'm feeling teh difference now though, man I have to pee WAY worse and I'm getting way more braxton hicks already too! My heartburn is better, I can breathe better and I can sit comfortably. I'm just SOOO relieved!!!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#97 of 103 Old 08-20-2010, 07:46 AM

What great news...

Is that all of the Sept DDC babies turned head-down now?

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#98 of 103 Old 08-20-2010, 09:04 AM

That is SO great! How funny that it took you totally relaxing and subconsciously doing exactly the (odd) thing baby needed to get turned around.

The OB does sound awesome.

#99 of 103 Old 08-20-2010, 11:16 AM

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#100 of 103 Old 08-20-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post
What great news...

Mine's head down! :-D

Jackie, wife to the Hubster, homeschooling mom to 4 girls: Lala (9) , Lissie (7) and Lauren (3) and our newest arrival Addie Jane born 10-1-10!
#101 of 103 Old 08-20-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post
We haven't had recent updates from mkpgoddess or bri lately on position, have we?

#102 of 103 Old 08-20-2010, 12:14 PM

I'm so glad to hear that!!

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
#103 of 103 Old 08-20-2010, 01:09 PM

AWESOME!

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page