Mothering Forum banner

I did it!

490 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  MaerynPearl 
#1 ·
I finally did it!

Dh has the kids at his parents' house, I have the whole place to myself, and I thought "I'm finally going to take those pregnancy shots...."

Little explanation: I've been pregnant three times, and this is definitely my last child. Every single time I wimp out of taking pretty pregnancy shots (even simple ones), and every single time I've regretted it. I never have shots of my pregnant body just as it is (no clothes or other things masking the shape), and after a while I've always wanted to look at and remember how round it is, how curvy...how pregnant I looked.

So today, I did it.
I set up my tripod in front of some sheer curtains with the light coming through, took off clothes layer by layer, posed my belly and covered my bits, and took photos. They're AWESOME!
So soft, so silhouetted...exactly what my mind always wants to remember, captured in a photograph. Feels glorious.

I took a few nudes, but most of my favorites are while wearing a bra and a clinging white tank. The light was fantastic.

So
...I know it's a silly thing to post or to talk about, but I thought I'd put it out there....if anyone is thinking they might want to do it themselves, it's totally do-able. Do it! The whole putting yourself between a tripod and a sheer curtain really works.
And it's fun. And even though I'm carrying an extra 50 pounds I wish I wasn't, I feel gorgeous.

As I'm getting ready to put this part of my life behind me (having babies, being a mom to very young children), I'm so glad I did this. No more regrets.

See less See more
#3 ·
Fabulous!!! I posed for a newbie photog (free sitting and CD for helping with her portfolio) when I was 35w with DD2. I was surprised how fun it was and how sexy I felt with my huge belly. And I love having the shots to commemorate it. My favorites were black tank/black boyshort undies. Totally worth the time and effort!

So glad you are pleased with the outcome

#4 ·
That is great! I am so glad they turned out well! That will really be something special for you and the kids to cherish for years and years.

I am getting some photos taken this weekend b/c this will also be our last baby most likely. I regret not doing them with DD b/c I looked better then, but I'm still excited.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.