Mothering Forum banner

Shamelessly stolen from August DDC... Birth Buddies!

2K views 57 replies 37 participants last post by  bethanta 
#1 ·
How it works-- Once all who want to have signed up, I will match us up in due date buddy pairs, doing my best to have the EDDs in each DDB pair no closer than 2 weeks. I will notify each pair via private message and post the DDB pairs in a sticky at the top of the page. The two mamas will contact each other and exchange contact information as they are comfortable.

When the first mama in a pair goes into labor she will call/text/e-mail/ (telegram and Pony Express are too slow) the other mama. The non laboring mama will then come on this forum and post the wonderful news for us to read, wish, pray, and think empowering thoughts for the mama in labor. The laboring mama may send updates through her due date buddy as well, and eventually a birth announcement!!!! When the second mama goes into labor, the mama with a babe in arms will do the same for her.

Reasons to sign up--

1. Because we are all getting increasingly baby gaga and truly WANT to know.

2. Because it will allow the mamas on this board to support you in labor with vibes, prayer, thoughts and intentions.

3. Because you (or your partner) can call or e-mail one person and not worry about typos or grammar (or even making much sense) and your buddy can then update us.

4. Because all the cool mamas are doing it.

Just leave your EDD and indicate that you'd like to participate

So sign up already!!!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.