The One Weekly Chat - July 26th - Aug 1st (all welcome and OMG LADIES ITS ALMOST AUGUST!) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-26-2010, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The place for all the random chat that does not need its own thread.

Everyone is welcome to join in!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2010, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Last night standing on our back patio, DH came up behind me and lifted up my belly, cradling it in his hands... and told me how excited he is to meet our daughter!

I am going to miss him so bad when he leaves next week!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:29 PM

That is so sweet MP

My DH has become much more huggy and cuddly the last couple months. I love it

I can't believe it's almost August. AND this is my last week of work! How did that happen? And more importantly what am I going to do to fill up that time for the next 6(ish) weeks!?

Mama to Penelope!! born 9/19/10. Missing Elliott 10/10/09. And expecting expecting again Oct '14!
Old 07-26-2010, 01:37 PM

Just made my To-Do list. Going completely nuts. Plus I still have to do all the daily keeping up with the house which is starting to get overwhelming with Em running around behind me making messes fast as she can go. Braxton-Hicks 24/7. Can't sleep. Trying to take deep breaths and relax. So ready to not be pregnant, so not ready to have this baby yet.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

Old 07-26-2010, 02:47 PM

Oh, I wish this was my last week of work! I'm so tired!

It's going to be a hard slog... things are so chaotic right now. Lots of technology issues that will probably not be resolved by the time I leave, so I kind of just want to leave now and not deal with any of it.

Mom to two intact boys, born at home. DS1 11/07, DS2 9/10
Old 07-26-2010, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Next week is my first week (of two) of REAL work (being a SAHM on duty 24/7) since DH and I got married. Usually when he gets home, I get a break.

but he is leaving for some ... thing... in SC. He comes home 3 days before I am cleared for homebirth.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:44 PM

I so wish it was time for my last week of work. Typically, I am a lady who loves working and being a career lady, but with 3 showers down and baby items coming in left and right, I feel like all I can think about is this pregnancy and getting my house and non-work life ready. Work seems like such a huge and irrelevant burden, especially since so many times my co-workers act like a big babies. I think: the only baby I want to be with and think about is mine and all you work people can jump in a lake. In the meantime, back to budget prep.

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:45 PM

I'm definitely with you on needing the break from work. It's becoming harder and harder for me. I just can't believe it's time for it already. to the rest of you still working. My job is pretty stress free and I think I would go crazy if I had a stressful job right now.

Also, I forgot to mention... Today is DH and I's 2nd anniversary
We are celebrating by going out to dinner at our favorite lebanese restaurant. Last year we went on a vacation up to Traverse City for a week and it was wonderful. I wish we could do it again this year, but we are saving vacation days for baby and spending time together then. Plus I think I would be a very crabby passenger in a car for any length of time right now

Mama to Penelope!! born 9/19/10. Missing Elliott 10/10/09. And expecting expecting again Oct '14!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
happy anniversary!

The countdown is kind of a catch 22 isn't it? I sometimes think it'd be easier to have a newborn, because at least I wouldn't hurt...& I could keep up with my other kids and other times I think that's just crazy talk!

I'm anxious about how I'm going to handle bfing esp early on (it's always been a rough a start for me) with these other three kiddles running around.

Jessica: wife to my farmer and homeschooling mama to three girls and two boys

Old 07-26-2010, 05:49 PM

I've been out of work since mid June (lay off) so I've been home with dd since then and I'm so tired of being home right now. I don't get to rest much and I haven't been sleeping good at night so I"m just exhausted. i've got 9 more weeks. I"m huge and sore and can't stop eating.. ugh.. just miserable right now.. i wish i was still at work so i'd at least be out of the house. I wasn't expecting to be out of work for so long..

I'm so aggrivated. DF and I can not agree on a name. It wasn't a big deal before because we had plenty of time and in reality we still have a couple of months. but damn I just don't want to think about it anymore.. I keep looking at lists of names and I'm not coming up with anything new that I like. DF will pop out with one or two here and there but I'm just not loving them.. His latest is Alistair which isn't so bad and def. better than some others but I dunno.. And then the one name we did agree on he decided he didn't want to use it anymore (it was our backup if we couldn't agree on anything else basically) I swear this baby is never going to get a name..

Jade, momma to Ariana 5/23/06 and Trystan 9/28/10
Old 07-26-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illiana View Post

I'm so aggrivated. DF and I can not agree on a name. It wasn't a big deal before because we had plenty of time and in reality we still have a couple of months. but damn I just don't want to think about it anymore.. I keep looking at lists of names and I'm not coming up with anything new that I like. DF will pop out with one or two here and there but I'm just not loving them.. His latest is Alistair which isn't so bad and def. better than some others but I dunno.. And then the one name we did agree on he decided he didn't want to use it anymore (it was our backup if we couldn't agree on anything else basically) I swear this baby is never going to get a name..
We don't have a name either. I totally understand your frusteration!

SO I'm sitting her crying after my craptacular appt this morning and my mail carrier drove up with not 1 but 2 boxes for me.. HUGE boxes filled with diapers, books, and baby clothes.. and when I say diapers I mean enough diapers to fit baby from birth to 20lbs.. combine those with the kissaluvs I got for $2 each and we're set from birth to potty training!

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

Old 07-26-2010, 06:31 PM

I could use a pick-me-up like that, Amanda!

As I posted in the breech thread, we heard heart tones well above my belly button today. Confirmed via a quick peek on u/s that this little man is breech, head under my right ribs. Well, right now he's actually transverse, but regardless he's not head down. I'm now uber grumpy.

I suppose on the bright side I get a massage tomorrow, and my kids are leaving to go camping with the grandparents for 24 blissful hours tomorrow afternoon.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Old 07-26-2010, 07:06 PM

s to all of you mamas having a tough time!!

I *might* be in PTL, my MW has a FFN on order, I have been contracting hard and strong since last night, have been losing my mucous plug, and have been having strong cervical pain...right now I am on bed rest trying to calm things down; I am 32 weeks and yeah-sooooo not ready for this Any thoughts/prayers would be appreciated as this LO needs to cook for at least another 4 weeks !!!

Kellylady.gif, married to the love of my life, Denpeace.gif , DD1 5/07dust.gif , 11/07, DD2 10/08modifiedartist.gif , DDS 8/10jammin.gif, expecting our next blessing this winter!

Old 07-26-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkblue0729 View Post

I *might* be in PTL, my MW has a FFN on order, I have been contracting hard and strong since last night, have been losing my mucous plug, and have been having strong cervical pain...right now I am on bed rest trying to calm things down; I am 32 weeks and yeah-sooooo not ready for this Any thoughts/prayers would be appreciated as this LO needs to cook for at least another 4 weeks !!!
That sucks. I'm hoping that they're able to control things for you such that baby can stay in and cook.

I'm working on yard work and house cleaning (and cleaning OUT the house).

I can't tell you how happy I am that I am due at the end of September. I feel like I have all the time in the world. I'm only 31 weeks and 1 day so I've got tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime on my side yes it is.

Liz

Wife, and mother to a small fairy, a demolition expert, a special new someone this fall and a small dachshund.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:25 PM

Wow, darkblue! Hope that settles down for you soon!

Hey, anyone heard from mistymama? I don't think I've seen a post by her in a few days and she had that weird BP thing happen...?

You out there? How's it going?

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

Old 07-26-2010, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

mommamistys last post was yesterday morning just a couple minutes past midnight... hmm hope she is okay!

Old 07-26-2010, 07:35 PM

darkblue! Take it easy, mama! No babies are allowed out until AT LEAST August! Seriously, though...I hope you can get things to calm down.

Stay in there baby!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
Old 07-26-2010, 07:38 PM

Sending "stay inside baby" vibes to you darkblue!

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

Old 07-26-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkblue0729 View Post

Thinking of you-- hope things settle down for at least another few weeks.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

Old 07-26-2010, 09:51 PM

Darkblue: Sending you lots of keep baby cookin' vibes!

I before E, except after C.  Weird.
DD: 8/2010.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:00 PM

Went to the local pool for the first time this summer...it was heavenly! Only the lap pool was open, b/c the main pool was reserved for the kiddies at camp, but oh my lord, did the water and the weightlessness feel *wonderful*!

Unfortunately, swimming laps only pointed out to me just how out of shape I am...by the end, it was just me and little old ladies walking up and down the lanes!

I before E, except after C.  Weird.
DD: 8/2010.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter

http://www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/

I am both excited and upset that we are almost to the point of needing this website.

Excited because we are nearing the end (omg Sept. 1st mamas will be 35 weeks the day after tomorrow!)

upset because... well... we are nearing the end. Most of us are going to get VERY sick of that question VERY fast here soon!

Old 07-26-2010, 11:38 PM

Darkblue - sending good thoughts!

Old 07-27-2010, 12:06 AM

Thinking of you Darkblue!

Mom to DD (3), my little peanut (9/10/09) and our newest addition 9/16/10
Old 07-27-2010, 12:24 AM

Thinking of you, darkblue!

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Old 07-27-2010, 03:57 AM

Darkblue hope things have settled down!

Just1more, I am doing well... busy weekend w baby shower and my DDs b-day party. I haven't been to Dr yet, but I am very convinced it was the herb mixture so staying away from that and all my BPs have been back to low/normal.
Thank you for the thoughts. xoxo

So I find myself looking at expiration dates on things and thinking "I will have a baby before this expires" haha so fun!

Likes a little crunch with occasional sogginess~Misty,Mama to L1, L2, L3, L4,L5 and Loving J!
Old 07-27-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL Oh my god I love it. One of my friends is overdue right now and getting harrassed on Facebook, I need to give her that link.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:24 AM

Heh, great link!

I am SO mad at my DH, mostly because of nesting. There are a few things that I've been asking him to do, in one case for MONTHS. Aaaaand, no. Yardworky things that I found it hard to do when I was smaller, and are not possible now.
Annnnnddd, he did not.

So, my back yard is disgusting, since he let the weeds take over. I managed to weed a good section when I could still bend over, but that was it. With the heat, at least they've shriveled. But I still have a foul yard.
And the front... I weeded that, but it needs upkeep. Which he never did. And then, the drip broke. With the heat, some of the real plants shriveled. So, I have at least one truly dead bush, a huge rosemary that I think might be lost, and 2 more bushes that may or mat not be saved. Luckily I planted very drought tolerant plants, so the agave and desert spoons are fine, and the bushes that can sip from my neighbor's drip are fine.... but I am furious.

He does this all the time - waits until something becomes a huge problem, and THEN waits until I go off at him.

I adore the man, and he's great in most areas, but it seems like if I ever ask him to do somthing it becomes the LAST thing on his list.

/end rant

Old 07-27-2010, 10:59 AM

Hey Mommamisty-glad you're good

My guy can be like that. He doesn't do it on purpose. I think it's his anti-nagging mechanism. When I have a list of things I need for him to do, we've have great success with me posting it on the refrigerator. I never feel the need to ask again, and he knows he can pick what to do when he has time to do it. He doesn't feel nagged at my daily (or weekly or whatever) asking, and I have the confidence that he knows I need it done. It's worked pretty well.

Last night was GREAT. Speaking of asking dh to do things. Our basement was a mess. We moved all of our stuff into the basement so that we could work on the main level of the house. That was a really good thing to do EXCEPT I couldn't deal with anything down there. Too heavy and the stuff got rearranged so things like heavy furniture were in front of boxes I needed. So, last night dh rearranged everything for me. All along the back wall are the boxes, neatly labeled and stacked only 4 high. I can get everything down myself now! (And the boxes that he stacked aren't coming upstairs ever anyway.) We have a ton of clear plastic containers that we've sorted lots of stuff in. It makes moving easier, and putting things away. So, mostly that's what's stacked along that back wall. Now we can move around the rest of the basement, and only have about 20 boxes or so that still need dealt with. It's all the last minute misc. stuff that you need but have no where to put. There's still a bit of furniture dh needs to bring up, but not until we paint. Anyway...hurrah! I can live like this!

And now I'm off to see how the receipts turn out...we need to give them to our landlord today!

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

Old 07-27-2010, 11:17 AM

I'm hoping that baby stays put a little longer darkblue!

Mama to three sweet boys ('04, '07 and the new addition arrived on Sept 8, 2010)

User Tag List