The One Weekly Chat - August (I keep forgetting to start a new one!) - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ami- I'm so glad your growth scan went so well! no worries now momma

Carrie- yeah vertex baby

So this is my 4th child, but the 1st one that wasn't sitting posterior. the MW says my body is all kinds of used to having a baby in it, but I cannot get over how incredibly uncomfortable I am!!
Especially around the hip/pelvic floor area. OW. ow ow ow allllll the time.
so with an anterior baby the heavy parts are the outward parts (head, back, butt) and she suggests I use a rebozo or another length of cloth to kinda hold up my stomach and ease the pressure.

Now I've been working on getting this this right all morning and it has given me slight relief in front - and a spasm in my lower back
Has anyone tied one of these around their mid section before? any tips? tricks?
I'm keeping the back portion above my hip bones liek she said.. but I feel like it will only work right with suspenders.

I'm loathe to go to the maternity store and buy a belly support when I only have 4 weeks left. Same reason why I'm down to 1 pr of shorts.
#302 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 12:01 PM

I've got a big baby hanging out in here too! Probably close to 30lbs. (That would make me feel immensely better about the 40 lb weight gain.)

Kelly - you are the role model for productivity before baby comes. I need some of your work ethic. oh and I'm glad Emma did so well with baby. She will be a super older sister I bet. (Can I just mention that it freaks me out to see her age in your signature line - when we all started this journey she was so much younger - I can only imagine how you feel)

foodmachine - yay for relaxing times. enjoy the day!

Carrie - hurray for vertex baby! This must be the ultimate weight off your shoulders. Hope your DH is being more pleasant too.

JTAmom - glad to hear the appt went well! Great BP and so neat that baby has hair you can see. I'm really hoping this baby is born with lots of head hair. I love seeing a newborn with lots of hair. (with my luck - baby will be bald for several years.) My brother was born with orange/red hair all over his body that fell out shortly after birth.

On the milk situation- I've been having colostrum for quite a while - but I am super nervous my boobs won't work when the time comes (I have scarring from piercings when I was a young wild woman).

Submitted my disability claim for work this morning as I will be out of here i just two short weeks (unless baby comes first). I cannot freaking wait!

hope everyone has a great productive happy weekend! I am feeling strangely joyful this morning.

SAHM to one precious 2 year old and wife to my loving DH. And here we go again!
****5****10****15****20****25**joy.gif*30****35****40
#303 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 12:07 PM

I'm having at least a 25 pounder here- it has to be for the 40lb gain

I'm so tired today. School started for my DD and getting up at 6am is not as easy this time around. She turned 7 today and is so excited

I was told I looked miserable yesterday and it made me sad. I'm not miserable but I guess I'm long past the "glowing" stage.

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
#304 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis View Post
Kelly - you are the role model for productivity before baby comes. I need some of your work ethic. oh and I'm glad Emma did so well with baby. She will be a super older sister I bet. (Can I just mention that it freaks me out to see her age in your signature line - when we all started this journey she was so much younger - I can only imagine how you feel)
Heh, you should have seen me last pregnancy when I got NOTHING done before she was born... and yeah, it freaks me out how old she is now, too! The changes are so crazy at this point, too.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#305 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

MAN we are talkative today!

Are we all getting impatient or sitting around waiting to see that Levi is here?

Im a little of both... lol.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#306 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 12:28 PM

Definitely both here.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#307 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post

Are we all getting impatient or sitting around waiting to see that Levi is here?

I know I am I keep signing in to see if any more babies have joined us yet

I also have more time with the kids in school and less motivation to do anything productive so posting is a good fix for that

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
#308 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:

Both for me...plus the crash from intense nesting the last two days!

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#309 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Okay.

My hopes for a birthday baby are now crushed. I have to have Mae by Sept 2nd or a LOT of things are going to happen that will disappoint me.

My brothers wedding... I have a chance of still being PREGNANT (42 weeks)

DH is supposed to be in the wedding but if I dont have her by the 2nd, he cant get the leave to go home for it. And I really REALLY dont want DS and DD flying home by themselves!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#310 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:

I don't feel like doing anything more important then sitting on my butt and harassing... I mean parenting... my kids thankfully this computer thing works well when butt sitting
#311 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 02:12 PM

I'm lurking, obsessively stalking Levi's thread. I've been checking every 15 minutes or less all day.

Right now I have the luxury to post because I'm the warden in the kids' room. You WILL go to sleep, and I'm not leaving until you do. So, stop wiggling already! Yesterday my down time was no existant and I was a total grump and tired last night. I'm not repeating that today.

I'm glad the babies are all starting to move to their correct positions, and no one is having an awful time of things. I think my baby is posterior today. I've got a knee or something sticking WAY out in the lower left quadrant. Well, actually, I just pushed around right after I typed that, I think it's more like ROA. That's typical for my babies.

Dh should be home in 2 hours, and then I'm really hoping he'll help me get a lot done. I just can't do it myself. It involves a lot of heavy lifting. He's been ready and willing, but by the time he's home and the kids are in bed, I'm too pooped to point.

My weekend (hopeful) to do looks like this:
get cow/go to farmer's market
make chicken pot pie and lasagna for the freezer
get puppy
get couch/loveseats
arrange toy room (almost done, actually...that was today's project. Dd wanted to have a teddy bear ball, but I am NOT getting all the stuffed animals down when we can't walk without tripping!)
finish my workroom (just needs dh to hang a shelf and my cork boards, and then haul in some boxes for me to put stuff away.)
paint dh's office (very small, ready to paint...tape and everything is ready)
move around our room and empty the closet (most of it goes in my workroom...on that shelf I need) so I can put the birth supplies in there)
set up crib and bring up the baby stuff
Move around some heavy boxes in the basement
And, if things are going really well, maybe we can go swimming...and maybe he can put up our new (craigslist) dog kennel?

I feel so bad asking him to do it all, but it's all so heavy...

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#312 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 02:13 PM

Oh, and clean out the truck (a HUGE mess from several road trips), and install the baby carseat base.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#313 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 02:36 PM

So how do I tell the difference between a mucous plug and just the plain old regular bloody cervical mucous?

You like that question? Only I could ask it with a straight face given a week of contractions and cervical irritation, I'm on day 2 of irritated cervix/bloody mucous, day 7 of contractions, fun.

My contractions aren't getting any worse, they're still quite frequent though. Still home with the brethane.

Decent links would be great.

Yes I left a message with the OB nurse. I'm sure they'll call back again thinking I'm nutso.

Thanks,

Liz

Wife, and mother to a small fairy, a demolition expert, a special new someone this fall and a small dachshund.
#314 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 04:42 PM

*sigh*

Husband is working another side-job on Saturday, again. And suddenly my ankles have swollen up. fantastic.

#315 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

"You know... theres more room out here..."

Unfortunately this neither convinced her to come out nor move her foot out of my rib.

And found out they closed a main road through the base that DH uses to get home in 15 minutes after he gets off... that was making it so the midwife could make it here in 45 minutes...

Sooooo

now its going to take DH at least half hour if I go into labor

and midwife anywhere from an hour... up... depending on the time of day and how bad the traffic is through the construction they are doing out on the other main road.

#316 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
"You know... theres more room out here..."

Unfortunately this neither convinced her to come out nor move her foot out of my rib.

And found out they closed a main road through the base that DH uses to get home in 15 minutes after he gets off... that was making it so the midwife could make it here in 45 minutes...

Sooooo

now its going to take DH at least half hour if I go into labor

and midwife anywhere from an hour... up... depending on the time of day and how bad the traffic is through the construction they are doing out on the other main road.
Ew. I'm in a similar situation. 1 hour for the midwife, 30 minutes for DH, without traffic.

Liz

Wife, and mother to a small fairy, a demolition expert, a special new someone this fall and a small dachshund.
#317 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 05:55 PM

I'm a little bit freaking out here! I should be doing my homework, but I keep looking at the clock to my phone, facebook and here hoping to hear from Crafty... ooo! It is so very exciting! Probly a very good thing I am not on Twitter or I would never get anything done today! Being a birth buddy is a little nerve wracking!

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
#318 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 08:31 PM

IRRITATED again.

DH just called, apparently my dad was not joking when he said he did not want to video this birth like he did with #1. Fine, he kind of did a suck job anyway - but arrrgh. Just, whatever.
And I ask DH to check the mail when he gets home... and he said "I'll do it tomorrow." Right now all my clothes are drying, and I don't really feel like going out in my neighborhood braless and in ancient paint spattered sweats. But, again, whatever. I'm going to put on a @#$^ dress and go, because he's not going to do it. Driving up to the mail is FAR too much to ask after he's worked.

MEN ARE SO USELESS.

I am going to freaking rip into DH when he gets home, I am so freaking done. He has not done even the lightest, average chore in WEEKS, and now the mail is too much? He forgets how very pregnant I am. He is DOOMED.

Mom to two intact boys, born at home. DS1 11/07, DS2 9/10
#319 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 08:55 PM

for you litchick!

Finally heard from Crafty! She seems to be doing well. I did post a new mini-update in her labor thread.

AFM: I have a bit of a fever. And it's hot outside. And DP's garage is full of his little brothers friends and, well his little brother. DP is not here, because he is at the farm irrigating. I need to finish studying this neuropsychiatry lesson so that I can do the quiz tomarrow, but I can't focus on the words for too long or everything kinda goes out of focus. ARgh... while the overgrown boys continue to drink it up and laugh loudly enough for me to hear them all the way over here on the couch inside the house!

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
#320 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 08:57 PM

Litchick-Really? He couldn't check the mail? I'd be livid.

My lovely DH was passed up for a promotion at work and now feels like he needs to quit on principle. Are you KIDDING me?

You ladies are so productive. I'm now sick with a bad cold on top of my usual pregnancy complaints. And now with the worry about DH's job, I think I'm going to go crawl into a hole. Wake me up when my baby is here OK?

Mom to DD (3), my little peanut (9/10/09) and our newest addition 9/16/10
#321 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachshundqueen View Post
Ew. I'm in a similar situation. 1 hour for the midwife, 30 minutes for DH, without traffic.

Liz
Yeah, DH is an hour from home, and then we are an hour from the birth center, without traffic. And there is mega construction on the highway between here and the birth center. I'm guessing from the time I call DH home, to the time we could make it to the birth center is AT LEAST 3 hours if it's anytime between 7am and 9am or 4pm and 7pm. The positive is that my in-laws are 5 miles away and my sister lives with us, so I've got options in the event I need to go OMG! We've got to go NOW! We also pass a hospital 20 min. into the drive, so there are some options!

I'm so with you all on the husbands, as I've posted before.... Although DH seems to have learned some lesson here, that pissing off is very pregnant wife is not worth it, the price you pay is too big. May your hubbies realize the same thing!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#322 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Hubby is off at a Halo 3 tournament on base right now.

I told him if he goes, I don't care if he is in the middle of a match he answers the phone if my ringtone comes up. And that bedroom gets FINISHED when he gets home and he WILL get the crib up tomorrow.

Im usually not this bossy but I need this stuff done if Im going to have Mae before the 2nd.

#323 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Im usually not this bossy but I need this stuff done if Im going to have Mae before the 2nd.
Aww! Have you talked to her about this? I have been trying to tell my little man that he is more than welcome to join us anytime after his 38th week... he just kinda rolls a foot down my tummy and stretches. If he hears me, he is not interested.

#324 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 09:47 PM

I can't complain about dh's help around the house b/c he has been great.
However.....
My lovely dh left for his hour drive to work and I came downstairs to find his cell sitting on the counter. Luckily he would almost be there now and I would be paging him if needed overnight. Tomorrow if he is in the car he owuld already be at home so I guess not that huge of deal. But really when your wife is 39 weeks would you not think its priority to have your cell????
Guess that's what happens to someone who is so not attached to his phone.

On another note I've got lots and lots of mucous plug coming out now. Not counting on this as a great sign as I seem to have the never ending/crazily regenerating plug as I lost it for about 2 weeks prior to my other two too.

Mama to three sweet boys ('04, '07 and the new addition arrived on Sept 8, 2010)
#325 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 09:52 PM

Oh my, I think I need to be sequestered from people.

I had a serious case of pregnancy rage.

I was taking out the stinky, stinky garbage.

It is super hot. As in, I am sitting here, eating melon, wondering if I'm going to self-combust type of hot. Oh, and drinking an iced decaf latte too.

And our #($(% neighbor decided to park in our spot again!!!

*Background: we live in a townhome complex. We only get 2 assigned parking spots. There is no 'free' parking anywhere else. Said neighbor is a KNOWN nuisance, aka parks where ever he wants. We had neighbors warn us about him. After the 4th time of going over and telling him to move his stupid truck, he hasn't done it since.*

Until today. I saw his stupid truck in our spot. Which, btw, is right next to our garbage cans. And the window was rolled down.

I had a serious moment of actually *truly* considering throwing the open bag of kitchen trash (coffee grounds, eggshells, meat wrappers that have been marinating for a couple days) into his car.

As in, it seemed like a completely viable option.

Doesn't help that my cousin laughed when I told her this, and told me I should have actually done it. And if he complained say 'oh, yea, sometimes trash falls into our cars too. Too bad you parked there so you had to deal with that. *fake apologetic smile*

Of course, he came out while I was outside and asked if it was okay to park there. Whatever look was on my face, plus my tone, he looked a bit scared and asked if he could have 5 min to move it.

Yes, fear the hugely pregnant, pissed off lady, neighbor. FEAR ME!!! *Invader Zim cackle*

See, I can't be around people anymore. Unless they are being nice and good. So yea, I need to be quarantined.

Ami

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

#326 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 10:08 PM

Ami-that's funny...too funny. lol.

We have our puppy! And he's currently squeaking his head off in the front yard, and I think it's going to be a long night. But, he's SO cute! (I'm about to go back out and put our other dog in the crate with him. It's his first night alone...

#327 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTA Mom View Post
Yes, fear the hugely pregnant, pissed off lady, neighbor. FEAR ME!!! *Invader Zim cackle*
That made me smile. I love Zim.

Sadly, DH's head went further up his ass when he arrived.

It's all petty stuff. Sometimes when he knows he's irritated me, he decides to go for full rage. So, he got home and started being a total jackass in tiny deliberate little pick-fighty ways. Kind of like the "I'm not touching you" game... no, but you ARE pissing me off and you know it.

I want to swear and scream and smash things over his head. Thank god for DS1, because otherwise I think I might.

Mom to two intact boys, born at home. DS1 11/07, DS2 9/10
#328 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 10:37 PM

Ami-that would have pissed me off! You had every right to throw garbage in his car. It's YOUR parking spot so you can do whatever you want. Is it legally trespassing if he's in your spot? Can you have him towed? At my last house, I had to have someone towed twice because the idiots parked in FRONT of my driveway and I couldn't get out. They were on the public street though so I'm not sure how it works on private property. If he does it again can you complain to the property management company? Why doesn't he just park in his own damn spot!

Geez, I'm cranky today and it's not even my parking spot!

Mom to DD (3), my little peanut (9/10/09) and our newest addition 9/16/10
#329 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudentmommy View Post
Geez, I'm cranky today and it's not even my parking spot!
Sympathy cranky. I'm the same just imagining what Id have done.

Not cool, neighbor dude. Not cool at all.

#330 of 683 Old 08-20-2010, 10:49 PM

Wow, I get royally pissed when the neighbors park on the street in front of our house (instead of their own) and make it so our trash our recycling doesn't get picked up. It's rude, but it's public property, so they can park there if they want to. I can't imagine dealing with that rude, intrusive neighbor over and over!

Tonight we went to the University of Michigan women's soccer game (lots of fun!). There was a little girl there, maybe 7 years old, wearing her Mia Hamm jersey and cheering for the team. Made me cry. Twice. Hormones!

Jenifer & Tim
Caitlin Renee, September 2, 2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page