The One Weekly Chat - August (I keep forgetting to start a new one!) - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 683 Old 08-22-2010, 08:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Foodmachine: Sounds like you had an awesome day yesterday!
Just1more: Congratulations on the puppy!
Mae: Aww. Hang in there!
Pink: I hope you got a nap!
ILMV: Where do you get the energy?
Bri: My little guy dropped, too! But it didn't take him long to realize that he can really stretch those little legs up every once in a while.
lit: YAY! (and I am a little jealous of the making up/cheesecake!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMcGluestick View Post
Even though I can hardly walk, look terrible, and am desperate to have a baby, I did manage to spotlessly clean my refrigerator, organize my pantry, make two casserole dishes of banana pudding, clear out and delete an email account I never use...

Today is the last day of my 20s; I guess I want to start age 30 with a clean slate. Sure would be nice to start my 30s with a baby, also. You hear that Baby? Get here NOW.

One more positive thing (might as well, right? they seem so few and far between), I got 8 hours of sleep last night. Obviously, not without my normal amount of pee breaks (4-6) and the accompanying grunting and groaning that goes with getting myself out of the bed (and back into it) for them, but at least I didn't have to take a PUPPP-relief shower from too much itching or have the weird 2-3 hour insomnia sessions wherein I play solitaire and words with friends on my phone at all hours. Things are looking up?

Oh, and here's a weird thing. My dog Molly is being so stand-offish with me and only perks up for my husband the past few days. She is nearly 10 and I've had her since she was 4 months. She is my BFF and it is absolutely killing me that she's being like this (even DH has noticed). Is anyone else's pet doing this? Why do you think this is? Matt thinks I smell different to her. BOO!
Wow! way to stay busy! I can't seem to pull myself off the couch since lunch with DPs parents... and haven't even picked up my workbooks even though they are sitting right here on the coffee table.

8 hours! That is incredible!

My dog has been very iffy ever since the baby got big enough to move my belly. DP is her newest best friend, and she will pout all day until he gets home... I had her for 3 years before I met him! She is very possessive of my belly, i.e. when DP does get home he usually wants to talk to belly and kiss baby. She will FLY out to us, lay on her head on my belly, with her ears back, and stare him down. But when he isn't home I get no love just a constantly pouting, worried looking white and red shadow. Maybe we smell different, maybe they can sense a change is coming.

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
#362 of 683 Old 08-22-2010, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

I didnt see you say that about your dog... my cat has been acting weird too!

She like... refuses to come near me, but also wont leave me alone and is being WAY more vocal than normal... and it all seems aimed towards me like she is asking if I am okay.

This is a very recent development, and our new kitten is not doing the same (but I would not be lying to say hes not the sharpest knife in the drawer either lol... hes still just a kitten)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#363 of 683 Old 08-22-2010, 09:35 PM

Crafty - So you could go into labor soon and share a birthday with your baby. That would be kind of cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri276 View Post
"Well, if the foot is kicking here, her head CAN'T be there!"
My baby is head down and I do mostly feel kicks in my upper right quadrant, but ultrasound last week showed her foot very clearly right in front of her face. Apparently I'm gestating a contortionist! So I guess it's possible to feel kicks near the head.

One of my cats is starting to act a little weird today too. She's generally somewhat affectionate, but today she napped at my feet when I napped and keeps following me into the bathroom and licking my feet and legs. And the body oil I rub on my belly is sesame oil, which is apparently very appealing, because I swear she keeps trying to devour my belly when I put it on!

Jenifer & Tim
Caitlin Renee, September 2, 2010
#364 of 683 Old 08-22-2010, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

During our 4D, the tech pointed out that Maes feet were up by her head.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#365 of 683 Old 08-22-2010, 09:43 PM

Yup! My baby can get his feet up by his head, and it is really interesting feeling when he decides it's time to stretch out! (It's pretty neat to watch, too!)

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
#366 of 683 Old 08-22-2010, 11:20 PM

Animals totally know something is up with us. We do smell different, and maybe they sense the hormones or whatnot.
My youngest cat, who we had for a year, turned into a psycho beeyotch the moment I got preggers. Like, peeing all over my house, biting, and scratching. My other female cat (7 years old) got wonky a few months after that. My male cat got more obsessively clingy to me (10 and my furbaby). My parents' dog tends to try and herd me.

Mom to two intact boys, born at home. DS1 11/07, DS2 9/10
#367 of 683 Old 08-23-2010, 02:38 AM

It's not that I don't think feet can be down by the head, I know they can be of course, it's that in relation to the butt being one place and the head another it's logistically impossible....really hard to explain without being there in person! Even my m/w was confused and she's no spring chicken.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#368 of 683 Old 08-23-2010, 04:24 AM

Pink - my reflux was putting me over the edge last week. I went to the pharmacy and asked for some help. I got a product I take once a day (swallow with water) and I now I haven't had any problems since the first pill. The product won't translate since it's Swedish but perhaps the active ingredient will. Let me go look (waddle to cabinet)...I'm back and it's " omeprazol-magnesium which the body changes into 10 mg omeprazol." HTH. They are really great. If I chewed one more chalky pill and I would have puked!

Carrie - Look into a doing some theater this year. It'll be good for you and thereby good for everyone around you.

JTA - I have now say "Fear the pregnant lady" once a day. Very empowering and makes me giggle!

Lit - yah for making up and cheesecake.

Crafty- Wow, the fridge. I wish I could clean out fridge. And banana pudding. Now I want that for breakfast.

Mae- Soon!

wife to DH mama to DD14 Jan '08 and DS 6 Sept '10
and 2 rescued greyhounds
#369 of 683 Old 08-23-2010, 07:51 AM

Had my first baby at 36+2, and I'm 36+2 today. I think that means the contractions I'm having are psychosomatic, ROTFL.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#370 of 683 Old 08-23-2010, 08:08 AM

Insomnia sucks.

It's 4am, and I've been up since 1. I am so tired, but cannot sleep. And it's not early labor... I've been so restless the last few nights but this is the worst.

I was thinking about all the things I want to do, and I'm going to be too wiped out to do them. BLEH! But it was not necessary stuff - the cabinets do not need to be reorganized.

I think I could sleep now, but DH and the boy need to get up in 25 min, so I might as well stay up and get them out the door.

Making matters worse though is that I worry that I won't be able to sleep and I'll go into labor totally exhausted. And we all know screaming "SLEEP" in your head does not really work. Yawn. Haaaate this restlessness!

#371 of 683 Old 08-23-2010, 08:26 AM

Lit: Do you nap?

AFM: Good morning! I am always up around this time, but got up an hour ago with DP. He headed out to the farm an hour earlier than usual, to change his field in the rain, because he wants to be at our OB appointment at 8:30. I that man! I will probably be stretching out on this couch here pretty soon for my morning nap, which I have come to love and without which I don't think I would have been able to survive this last month.

#372 of 683 Old 08-23-2010, 09:40 AM

foodmachine--Thanks! I will look into it--nothing is working right now. Gah. He needs to drop so that he's not pushing on my stomach so much.

Kelly--You're cracking me up

Lit Chick--Uh, you said it. I was up till after 1 last night and then again at 4 for a while. I could cry. Today is another nap day.

BBM--Lucky! I'd kill for a daily nap!

Pets--My older dog has some anxiety issues, and they have gotten a lot worse in the last couple weeks, so I think he may sense something. The younger one is all about my belly--he wants to snuggle it. And he gets downright giddy over anyone who comes in the house with a baby or infant carseat. I think he's excited

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#373 of 683 Old 08-23-2010, 11:07 AM

I have a completely quiet house! My DD is in school and my DS is in PreK..

Well it would be completely quiet if the city didn't decide that today was a good day to mow the lawn of the abandoned house near us for the first time in weeks.

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
#374 of 683 Old 08-23-2010, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

ugh my back is killing me

I had a dream last night that i was in labor but would not progress and it hurt sooo bad... until the midwife got there and checked me, said I was fully effaced but only 2cm dialated... but since she was there I could calm down and over the next three contractions I dialated all the way, painlessly.

Okay body, I already know about THAT fear. Can you tell my uterus its being unreasonable?

bleh

anyway... get to go find out who my kids teachers are in 4 hours. Hoping my hubby can come home for it but apparently they just changed jobs again on him today so I dont know if they will let him go.

#375 of 683 Old 08-23-2010, 12:50 PM

Cue return of the nausea.
I had to take a Zofran, and i'm going to send DH to the pharmacy for a refill.
blech.
Meanwhile I was going to make chicken tacos and beans for dinner. Now I'm thinking just beans since the thought of even looking at raw chicken is making me gag.

Meanwhile my just turned 2yr old must be sensing the near arrival of baby #4 as she is totally regressing this past week.
Curling up next top me every chance she can get, throwing tantrums over wearing her panties, refusing to take off a dirty nap or nighttime diaper, pointing and grunting, using 1 word sentences or refusing to say a word at all.
Also - She has been sleeping between her 2 older sisters since March but the past 4 nights straight she has come into our room at about 1 or 2am and slept with us. Not normally a big deal except for 2 things;
1- it's been so many nights straight
2- she sleeps right ON me. not even pressed up against me. ON TOP of me.
I don;t think I need to tell you also 8mos preggo ladies how insanely uncomfortable that is.

With a baby showing up here in the next 3-4 weeks. I'm really hoping Xitlaly will go back to sleeping with her sisters consistently.

AND shes been going for my boobs. Trying to pull my shirt away and says baby style "need boobies!, need mommy boobies"
1st off we never called them boobies when she was nursing - they were chi-chi's or cee-cee's. 2nd, she hasn't nursed since late march early april. and has shown NO interest until this week.
#376 of 683 Old 08-23-2010, 01:37 PM

So, I just got a call from my insurance, saying that if they did not get a response from my midwives TODAY with progress notes then my disability claim would be denied.

Ya think they could have called be about this last week maybe? If they are at births today, then I am SCREWED.

But also.... ya think that maybe my MWs could have sent this shit after the first message from my insurance?

I am trying not to be really really pissed. It's been 2 weeks, and hopefully it will only be another week tops before the baby arrives. That would be 2 weeks potentially unpaid, since week 1 was the waiting period and I used sick time. Fine. It's not really a money thing. But GRRRRRRRR.

#377 of 683 Old 08-23-2010, 02:35 PM

crafty-I think this is the calm before the storm. I'm guessing your baby is coming sooner, rather than later.

bbm-sorry for your scary afternoon! I've read that "show" can be clotty, too.

litchick-sorry for the rough day. That's the sort that has me saying, "Okay, this plate of cookies and iced drink and I are going in the other room. I'll be back in a while." And I go recharge in the bedroom while dh takes care of the kids, or they watch a movie.

mommytochloerae-wow. I can't imagine. It must seem so strange.

wry-blech...sorry.

mae-c'mon...you've got me all anxious, lol.

kelly-update? in your head or real?

Pets-Mine aren't acting strange, but the puppy is new, and the older dog has always been dh's anyway. When we would go to play with the puppies, they weren't clammoring all over me like dogs usually do, though. I thought that was strange. It took the puppy a bit to bond, but he's picked me as his "safe place". I wonder if he'll get weird after the baby comes, since this is all he knows?

Yeah for kid help! The front yard is picked up of all the plastic kid stuff (buckets, pool, etc.), and cups and straws and misc. trash they've hauled out.

The porch is cleaned up of all the clothes, swimsuits, towels, dh clothes and work stuff, and puppy stuff.

All the laundry is downstairs, and so are the shoes, and misc junk that also goes to the basement.

All the toys, blankets, and stuffed animals are picked up, and some of the birth stuff is sorta put away.

The carseat is out of the box, but not yet installed.

The puppy is happy and cute, and seemingly potty-trained. Huh...he came that way. He also likes mauling the plants, but that's okay because we are ripping them out in the fall anyway...

The kids have been cooperative and sweet all day, and are now falling asleep for their naps.

So, I just have to wait a few more minutes to be sure ds goes to sleep, and then I have to convince the puppy not to yelp in his crate, and then I can take a nap. Yeah! I've been up since 3:30...

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#378 of 683 Old 08-23-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1More View Post

Yeah for kid help! The front yard is picked up of all the plastic kid stuff (buckets, pool, etc.), and cups and straws and misc. trash they've hauled out.

The porch is cleaned up of all the clothes, swimsuits, towels, dh clothes and work stuff, and puppy stuff.

All the laundry is downstairs, and so are the shoes, and misc junk that also goes to the basement.

All the toys, blankets, and stuffed animals are picked up, and some of the birth stuff is sorta put away.

The carseat is out of the box, but not yet installed.

The puppy is happy and cute, and seemingly potty-trained. Huh...he came that way. He also likes mauling the plants, but that's okay because we are ripping them out in the fall anyway...

The kids have been cooperative and sweet all day, and are now falling asleep for their naps.

So, I just have to wait a few more minutes to be sure ds goes to sleep, and then I have to convince the puppy not to yelp in his crate, and then I can take a nap. Yeah! I've been up since 3:30...
Wow, just reading all that makes me want to take a nap! I can't imagine getting all that done, even with help

I've spent most of my morning going over our budget and checking/savings accounts and trying not to freak out. I'm not used to 1 income and it's going to be an interesting adjustment. That lead to me picking through our freezers and cupboards and trying to come up with meals for the whole week almost completely out of things we already have. I think I've done it too! My grocery list for the week contains 6 things. and that is including one night where we are having friends over, desserts for my SIL's bridal shower on Sat and a dish for church potluck sunday. pretty much all I need to buy is milk yogurt and bread. woohoo!

(Oh the things I get excited about lately...)

Mama to Penelope!! born 9/19/10. Missing Elliott 10/10/09. And expecting expecting again Oct '14!
#379 of 683 Old 08-23-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanta View Post
Wow, just reading all that makes me want to take a nap! I can't imagine getting all that done, even with help

I've spent most of my morning going over our budget and checking/savings accounts and trying not to freak out. I'm not used to 1 income and it's going to be an interesting adjustment. That lead to me picking through our freezers and cupboards and trying to come up with meals for the whole week almost completely out of things we already have. I think I've done it too! My grocery list for the week contains 6 things. and that is including one night where we are having friends over, desserts for my SIL's bridal shower on Sat and a dish for church potluck sunday. pretty much all I need to buy is milk yogurt and bread. woohoo!

(Oh the things I get excited about lately...)
I'll send you my helpers if you come cook at my house. I am SO bad at this! I come up with the meals, but I'm too tired (lazy? spoiled and don't want to eat "that"?) to actually make them...

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#380 of 683 Old 08-23-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wryknowlicious View Post
, pointing and grunting, using 1 word sentences or refusing to say a word at all.
AND shes been going for my boobs. Trying to pull my shirt away and says baby style "need boobies!, need mommy boobies"
DD was doing the "beeboosh" (our word for boobies) thing about two weeks ago. I told her they were resting for the baby and she quit after a few days. Now she just kisses them.
There's a bit of grunting and baby talk...drives me crazy...but I'm just trying to deal with it. She is more about being a "big sister" than a "baby" so i figure I need to let her just get it out. I think it's decreasing actually.

wife to DH mama to DD14 Jan '08 and DS 6 Sept '10
and 2 rescued greyhounds
#381 of 683 Old 08-23-2010, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Went to help the kids find their classrooms and such.

Both my sons teacher and their bus driver touched my tummy while asking about the baby.

Ugh.

My sons teacher even went so far as to tell me not to have her in the classroom!

But lady, that's exactly what I WANT to do.

#382 of 683 Old 08-23-2010, 05:18 PM

Oh god I am crabby.

My MW called and let me know all my disability stuff would be faxed this afternoon. She also let me know that when the agent told me that a message was left last week, it was Friday late afternoon. WTF. That's less than one business day, and they call me and say if they don't get a response in 12 hours the case is denied? WTF.
I called and was assured that the "deadline" would be extended, as that was not a reasonable time frame for a response. Sigh. Insurance is fun.

#383 of 683 Old 08-23-2010, 05:24 PM

I want my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last week they said the dealer would start working on the convertible mechanism Wednesday, it would take a day, the body shop would get it back and have half day or so of final clean-up before I could get it back.

Today the dealer still has the car and is waiting on some shims. Why they're still waiting on them I have no idea. They're supposed to get it back to the body shop tomorrow, then they have a few days of final assembly and cleanup. I'm seriously upset at the lack of honest communication with this body shop. I've been promised "almost done" and "maybe a week and a half" more times than I can count in the last 9 weeks.

And I'm 39 weeks pregnant and really, really want this car back before my baby is born.

Jenifer & Tim
Caitlin Renee, September 2, 2010
#384 of 683 Old 08-23-2010, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

I used to work in insurance and unfortunately have the experience to know that pulling that one is pretty common. And stupid. And part of why I quit.

And Im crabby today too.

I have a backache, I had to spend an hour walking through a crowded elementary school and now I'm cranky with my hubby for A. taking too long filling out my sons forms (I filled out my daughters, walked to my sons room, met his teacher, walked to the cafeteria and found out the bus schedule and boy scout information, walked back to my sons room and then walked back to my daughters room and THEN stood there for a while before he finally finished and caught up!) and B. he didn't pay a bill and we came home to a disconnect notice and I'm a cranky butt because I told him either he makes sure the bills get paid or it needs to be MY responsibility, not his. (He doesn't want me to have the stress. Coming home to a notice that our sewer service has been shut off isn't stress????)

#385 of 683 Old 08-23-2010, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

BTW.... they will be opening the May DDC any time now

#386 of 683 Old 08-23-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
I've spent most of my morning going over our budget and checking/savings accounts and trying not to freak out.
DO NOT WANT TO DO. I know deep down I'm being completely unrealistic of what my income is going to be over this coming year (I WAH).

We need a new (used) car, too. I want to get rid of our '01 Mazda BEFORE it starts needing this, that and the other. I want DH to have a nice safe car with side impact airbags. I have the Highlander so we just need another sedan.

Let's see how that logic works: loss of income, addition of car payment. Not quite seeing the balance, there! Granted, I won't have to pay for PT daycare for DD once school starts, but still.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#387 of 683 Old 08-23-2010, 08:23 PM

Ugh, we are all having annoying days!

I feel much better - took a long shower and doused myself with some fancy bath goodies. I used to be a weird bath product hoarder - I would only use a little bit, so it would last. But last year I realized that I have too many goodies to do that with, and I should indulge EVERY shower/bath. Usually this just involves using yummy soap. But today I used tons of Villainess Datura Smooch. TONS. Handfuls of it. I smell like a goddess and I am so soft.

Instant mood boost. I am going to do that, or something like that every day until baby comes. Ahhhhhhhhhh.

#388 of 683 Old 08-23-2010, 09:32 PM

Mae-Ugh! Sounds like you should take over doing the bills. And my DH is really slow filling out forms too.

Litchick-Soooo frustrating. I'm waiting for my COBRA to be set up and they told me "we got a new computer system and it has a glitch that isn't allowing us to enter new applications. We don't know when it will be fixed." That's more than a "glitch"! Oh, and that shower stuff looks amazing.

jenifer-Hope you get your car soon!

They just delivered our new living room set. I had no idea it was so big. Apparently the couch is 1 1/2 feet longer than a normal couch. They BARELY got it in up the stairs and they damaged the wall. DH says he can fix it. But we'll never the couch out again! They said we'd have better luck hoisting it over the balcony when we move. Ahhh! But that's at least two years away so I shouldn't be worrying about it NOW but of course I am.

Mom to DD (3), my little peanut (9/10/09) and our newest addition 9/16/10
#389 of 683 Old 08-23-2010, 09:53 PM

I am completely and utterly non-functional. I am grouchy. My kids are grouchy. I can't do anything and it just sucks.

Liz

Wife, and mother to a small fairy, a demolition expert, a special new someone this fall and a small dachshund.
#390 of 683 Old 08-23-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachshundqueen View Post
I am completely and utterly non-functional. I am grouchy. My kids are grouchy. I can't do anything and it just sucks.

Liz
Have a peanut butter and jelly.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page