The One Weekly Chat - August (I keep forgetting to start a new one!) - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 683 Old 08-24-2010, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My birth kit was $40 before the extra stuff I threw on (vit. k, depends, a special homebirth birth certificate and afterpain drops)

Tonight, we went to babies R us and got our stroller and car seat. OMG love it.

The car seat is just narrow enough to fit all three kids across the back of DHs car (luckily I should never have to take all three kids anywhere in just my car)

The stroller is awesome as it has one-handed steering (great since I constantly have to hold my 5 year olds hand or she walks into people/objects because she doesnt pay attention to where shes going) and the ability to lock the steering to make crossing grass, gravel, dirt or sand easier (great for going to the park or beach!)

I bought depends from the store so having the homebirth place just refund me.

Bought two waterproof mattress pads so i can put one down, then a sheet, then another, then another sheet... so if I happen to have Mae in bed (not planning on it but hey things happen) or have my water break in bed or whatever, we can quickly remove the sheet and one mattress cover and my mattress will still be protected.

AND I got my Apple jelly! YAY!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#422 of 683 Old 08-24-2010, 11:40 PM

Just took a long soak in the tub (two hours, literally) reading a book, and feeling pretty de-stressed.

We took the battery out right away and dried everything off, it is sitting on the counter now still drying. I think I'm going to let it dry overnight and then try it in the morning.

If it doesn't work tomorrow morning, I'll probably let him take my phone since my mom is coming up early tomorrow and she'll have her cell on her all day. That way at least if anything happens I'll be able to reach him.

I guess we'll figure out the rest when we know whether or not the phone is going to work. I may try the rice trick if it doesn't. Or see if I can get a replacement phone rushed-- I've found a few online already that aren't too expensive. Or just get a pre-paid until we can figure out the situation. I don't know. Worst case scenario, after tomorrow, for the rest of the week he'll be at a job with a few other people and I can call one of their phones if I go into labor.

*exhale* So, not the major drama tragedy of the year like I first thought it was, but definitely a pain in the ass, rotfl.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#423 of 683 Old 08-24-2010, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

My phone carrier replaced mine for free when I washed it, because I had gotten insurance on it (was like 5 dollars a month on my phone bill, ended up so worth it!)

Do you by chance have insurance you forgot about on it? If nothing else, worth calling the carrier to ask about.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#424 of 683 Old 08-24-2010, 11:57 PM

No, we don't have insurance on either phone... we found this out a few months ago when, um... I washed my phone and broke it, ROTFL.

We agreed tonight to DEFINITELY get insurance on the next new phones we get.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#425 of 683 Old 08-25-2010, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

its a good idea, yeah. my 5 dollar insurance... i had it for around 3 years before I needed it. I paid in around 180 dollars over those 3 years. Washed my phone and got a 300 dollar phone in return (a way newer version of my old phone)

I dont usually break things or wash them... but it was during a time when I was very very very sick and without thinking threw clothes in the laundry that I had not emptied the pockets of. Usually dont do that, but I was so sick my mind didnt even click to look for it.

btw... Sometimes my DH REALLY REALLY pisses me off. (Like yesterday)

And then the next day he REALLY REALLY makes up for it. He is going to the gas station, at 11pm in the pouring rain to put air in my tires so I can make it to my midwife appointment tomorrow without him having to worry about me. (we dont drive my car much lol... he said we needed to refill my tires about 2 weeks ago and just remembered tonight!)

#426 of 683 Old 08-25-2010, 12:03 AM

OK, I don't have time for personals! There are too many, but I have to say I feel like a most un-friendly friend for complaining about my friend coming over, LOL She ROCKED! She totally helped me re-organize and clean out my kitchen cupboards and pantry. We have the most non-functional kitchen space. I've struggled with it for years, and somehow she was able to say, you need bins here, and hooks there, and what about moving these things up here, and suddenly, I have empty, EMPTY cupboards? It's very shocking! We didn't get through all of them, so things will get spread out.

And, the kids rocked, I mean they were awesome! No fighting, very loud child was not so loud, really it was one of those one in a million days where everything comes together nicely.

After she left I couldn't stop cleaning, I was on a roll. DH was trying hard not to be annoyed amid my chaos. He said, "You know, I'm only not annoyed because you are so pregnant. I know I can't stop you!" I'm trying to decided what to roll this energy into tomorrow... Finishing DD/baby's room, finishing my room/baby's room or tackling the insanely awful laundry room. I'm leaning toward DD's room, she really wants it all done, and so do I!

Furthermore, my mom is coming later this week to help out too, and although she's not a great organizer, she loves to fold laundry and dote on my children, which is tremendously helpful!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#427 of 683 Old 08-25-2010, 04:49 AM

Lauraski and justonemore- s on the all dog stuff.

xekomaya- I put my foot down on the diaper issue too! She can put them on her dolls.

wryknowlicious - I'm an H/G survivor too! I hope you find some relief, I can't imagine still throwing up. I threw up until about week 25 this time and I can't complain about that when I hear about women who have it even worse.

Kelly - hope the phone works.

Carrie - yeah for friends and moms! My MIL is coming over to watch DD tomorrow and Saturday so I can rest/ get some things done.

re: Depends. I haven't found them here OTC. One needs to go through their healthcare provider. I was going to use prefolds. I read about that somewhere.

wife to DH mama to DD14 Jan '08 and DS 6 Sept '10
and 2 rescued greyhounds
#428 of 683 Old 08-25-2010, 05:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Mae - awesome! New baby gear is great, plus I'm sure it takes stress off.

Kelly - The rice won't help if you've already tried to charge the phone. If there is moisture inside the phone when you try to charge it, you're bound to fry it. That is why the rice works so well - draws moisture like crazy.

ilovemyavery - some people are soo good designing functional spaces! Very very cool. If you need somewhere to roll your energy, please feel free to roll it this way.

Foodmachine - diapering toys is a great idea! I don't know why I didn't think of that. I even have a preemie soaker he can use

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#429 of 683 Old 08-25-2010, 07:43 AM

Tried the phone this morning. It works kind of. I think the battery is messed up. Basically it works when it is plugged into the charger-- makes calls and everything-- and then as soon as you unplug it from the charger it dies.

I took the battery back out and I'm going to give it a little more time to dry. But, I let him take my cell phone for today, and I can always call him as long as the phone is plugged in. If his phone isn't 100% by this evening we'll probably order one from Ebay.

*sigh* Not like I'm going into labor any time soon so I don't know why I'm even worried about it

#430 of 683 Old 08-25-2010, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

Sons first day of second grade today.

He woke me 10 minutes before my alarm to ask me to button his pants.

And THEN... let the kitten into my room to harass me the last 10 minutes I MIGHT get to drift off.

Dear child, there IS a reason mommy and daddy sleep with the bedroom door closed. Surprisingly, its not the reason most adults would figure, but rather because the kitten loves harassing mommy and daddy while they sleep.

I think I need to find his alarm clock and plug it in so he doesn't make getting up 10 minutes early a habit.

#431 of 683 Old 08-25-2010, 09:14 AM

First, thanks everyone for being so nice! I'm feeling much better about the whole dog situation--it was just so weird to be overwhelmed with emotion like that. G seems to have recovered too--enough to be begging for treats all day after the trip!

So many things going on to respond to...

Just1More: so weird and freaky about your dog escaping...is it possible your dog somehow chewed through the rope? Did your DH ever find the rope?

Kelly: that sucks about your DH's phone taking a "bath"! (I agree with PP--definitely his fault!). I hope that it continues to improve throughout the day. I don't have insurance on my phone either, b/c I like to live dangerously, but my sister does (because she is the world's biggest klutz) and it definitely came in handy when someone accidentally dumped a beer on it at a party...

Liz: I am so sorry you're struggling with stomach issues. I hope you're able to continue keeping things down.

Mae: Hope your son has a good first day of school! It sounds like he's excited.

I'm probably leaving people/stuff out--sorry! This thread is so crazy long!

I before E, except after C.  Weird.
DD: 8/2010.
#432 of 683 Old 08-25-2010, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post
*sigh* Not like I'm going into labor any time soon so I don't know why I'm even worried about it
Famous last words???

Does anyone have or have a friend who has a jogging stroller with the parking brake on the axel? I'm about to buy one sight unseen (BabyJogger City Classic 2009) from Craig's List but I NEED to know I can find a toddler board that works with that parking brake. Anyone, anyone...???

I posted at Toddlers but no hits yet.

wife to DH mama to DD14 Jan '08 and DS 6 Sept '10
and 2 rescued greyhounds
#433 of 683 Old 08-25-2010, 09:40 AM

I had a toddler double with a parking brake on the axle. I didn't ever use a toddler board with it though, because I only ever had 2 kids.

Liz

Wife, and mother to a small fairy, a demolition expert, a special new someone this fall and a small dachshund.
#434 of 683 Old 08-25-2010, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Exhausted...

About to get ready and head out for my appointment...

hope I remember all the questions I have for my midwives!

#435 of 683 Old 08-25-2010, 10:35 AM

Washer just died, with a load of diapers in it.

Could my week GET any better?

#436 of 683 Old 08-25-2010, 10:44 AM

Whaaaa. I was supposed to have an appointment today, but it got resched for tomorrow. Boo. Hiss. And this means I have to resched my chiro because I'm not driving all that way 2 days in a row.

I have zero energy. Yesterday I could barely get up off the couch. Today I feel slightly more alert, but still really sluggish. Baby has been lazy too. Today he's moving just fine, but it feels like he's running out of room. Bleh bleh bleh.

I am so CRABBY and I want to have this baby. Why am I in such a rush? I think I am just bored and tired of waiting. Whine!

Mom to two intact boys, born at home. DS1 11/07, DS2 9/10
#437 of 683 Old 08-25-2010, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

should have left a few minutes ago... but having an IBS attack (owie!) and I think I just peed myself =/

(no, its not labor and my water didn't break... it really is an IBS attack... and I think I peed myself from sneezing)

#438 of 683 Old 08-25-2010, 10:51 AM

OMG, Kelly, that sucks. I'm sorry.

foodmachine--I'm with Liz...I've got a BJCC but it's a double, so I've never needed a toddler board. If you find one that works, though, that'd be a super solution for me!

Mae--happy first day of school and yaaaaay for the mw appointment!

Laurski--I am a dog-emotional person too. So I totally would have done what you did. In fact, when pg with #1, I bawled for a half hour after dropping my dog off at a kennel--that he LOVES.

XM and FM--re: diaper regression? Fortunately DD2 haaaates diapers, so I know she won't want to wear one, but I know she WILL pee in her pants. Rotten We've already diapered a doll since my girls were so excited to see brother's dipes. It's fun!

I'm with everyone who said, "'Whoa...lots of chatter! I can't catch up!"

I've got a day off from mom duty--the ILs took the girls to an amusement park. Yaaay! But darn nesting. Instead of treating myself, I think I'm going to paint and clean. What is wrong with me??!?!?

Also, I posted in the Appointment thread, but I'm measuring BEHIND now (FH-wise) by nearly 3cm. Which is hilarious considering DS measured 1+ weeks ahead on u/s less than 2 weeks ago. I can't wait to see how big he actually is!

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#439 of 683 Old 08-25-2010, 11:30 AM

Yeah...lots of things to reply to...

Update on the dog weirdness. Well, actually, there is no update. Dh hasn't looked for the rope yet, but I can almost guarantee you she didn't chew it. Firstly, she would have had to chew through several layers. Secondly, there's no rope anywhere at all. No remnent of any sort. Thirdly, she's ten years old. She hasn't done somethng like that in a really, really, really long time. Fourthly, she didn't have time. Dh thinks it's weird, too, but it doesn't really strike him as a big deal. Strange, but who cares, kinda. Well, I do! He said he'd look for the rope in the woods this morning, but he didn't wind up taking the kids to the creek afterall. He's been out of town and got home really late, but did puppy/kid duty the rest of the night for me. Then, the kids and puppy ran around the front yard while he and I visited. Maybe he can go later?

Sorry about the washer, Kelly. It seems to have an agenda against you the last few days...maybe you should apologize to it?

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#440 of 683 Old 08-25-2010, 12:39 PM

Urgh! Our debit cards were literally stolen out the mailbox!!! No use of debit cards until Monday, which means no ordering online until Monday, which means going to buy the car seat at a brick and mortar store, because I can't wait until 38wk2d to order the car seat online! I had other things to order too, but I guess that's not going to happen. Oh well, it'll force me to visit the fabulous local-ish cloth diaper store. I just didn't want to drive down there. I'm very lazy these days and it's 40 minutes away! I would rather be here getting things ready!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#441 of 683 Old 08-25-2010, 01:39 PM

Everyone has so much going on! And wants to talk about it!

Carrie - oh no to the debit card stealing - that is horrible. but I do hope you have a nice trip to the cloth diaper store - I'm thinking of heading to ours today to pick up some washable nursing pads. Oh and yay for helpful friends and organized kitchen cabinets. We have a few I really want to get cleared out before baby comes, but not so sure it will happen.

Just1more - sorry about the weird dog rope mystery.

PinkBunch - a healthy day of nesting could be seen as a treat to yourself, right?

Kelly1101 - Sorry about the phone and the washing machine. It seems like your home appliances and electronics are teaming up against you. DH and I have both lost phones to liquids, but DH sunk his in a glass of milk and I had one fall into a fish tank. It's definitely not fun, especially when you don't have a landline.

AFM- Had a doula prenatal scheduled yesterday that the doula cancelled b/c her son has bronchitis. Hoping we can reschedule for next week.
I feel like the queen of braxton hicks contractions. They are driving me crazy. I had them throughout my water aerobics class last night (but class felt great otherwise at least)
And I finally booked my pregnancy massage for this friday evening! I am secretly hoping it sends me into labor so I don't have to go back to work next week.
Oh and we have added significantly to our freezer meals. We now have (in 4x8 pans b/c its just DH and I) four lasagnas (3 meat, one vegetarian), four mac and cheese with chicken and spinach casseroles, and 10 breakfast burritos. I am thinking of making a huge batch of chili and setting up quart sized portions and doing another batch of breakfast burritos and maybe then calling it good.

So much to do!

SAHM to one precious 2 year old and wife to my loving DH. And here we go again!
****5****10****15****20****25**joy.gif*30****35****40
#442 of 683 Old 08-25-2010, 01:47 PM

Don't worry be happy.

I have had this awesome feeling of peace just totally wash over me today. It rocks. After all the stress of late, it's just odd, but I will gladly welcome it. All is right with the world right now.

Liz

Wife, and mother to a small fairy, a demolition expert, a special new someone this fall and a small dachshund.
#443 of 683 Old 08-25-2010, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Horrible appointment today.

well, i should say, lovely appointment but being told I have hypertension was not lovely.

#444 of 683 Old 08-25-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachshundqueen View Post
Don't worry be happy.

I have had this awesome feeling of peace just totally wash over me today. It rocks. After all the stress of late, it's just odd, but I will gladly welcome it. All is right with the world right now.

Liz
I've had this too! Yesterday I had a great appt with Dr Stillbirth (the GD doc) and have just been very zen about the whole being pg thing. Last week the idea of being pg for another month made me cry. Literally, made me cry. Now I finally think I could do this another couple of weeks.

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#445 of 683 Old 08-25-2010, 02:19 PM

Aw, Mae. I'm sorry!

My stomach is not my friend today... And baby is squirming all over which, though it makes me happy, makes the yuck feeling worse. I lost four pounds in two days I have absolutely no motivation. Guess I'll do some schoolwork. I can do that without moving off the couch.

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
#446 of 683 Old 08-25-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda_Reyasmom View Post
Yesterday I had a great appt with Dr Stillbirth
Morbidly, this made me literally LOL! I love the nickname.

louis--I took a nap Now maybe I'll paint.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#447 of 683 Old 08-25-2010, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

It would terrify me to have a doctor with that name!

#448 of 683 Old 08-25-2010, 02:32 PM

I have had a sudden wave of exhaustion hit me. My Dr said to watch for the sudden burst of energy, but when I told him all I have been doing lately he seemed shocked I was able to manage what I have done. I think I won't have another burst.

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
#449 of 683 Old 08-25-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunch View Post
Morbidly, this made me literally LOL! I love the nickname.

louis--I took a nap Now maybe I'll paint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
It would terrify me to have a doctor with that name!
He was so mean and so scary the first time I saw him. I swear he said "stillborn" 8 or more times in 4 minutes. Yesterday he was awesome though. Really pleased with my glucose numbers and all around friendly guy. His real name is F *ortunato which is the villian in the Poe story "The Cask of Amontillado" It still kinda makes me giggle.

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#450 of 683 Old 08-25-2010, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda_Reyasmom View Post
He was so mean and so scary the first time I saw him. I swear he said "stillborn" 8 or more times in 4 minutes. Yesterday he was awesome though. Really pleased with my glucose numbers and all around friendly guy. His real name is F *ortunato which is the villian in the Poe story "The Cask of Amontillado" It still kinda makes me giggle.
Wow... and lol yeah that is just too funny. Poes a smart man to tell you to beware of that doctor!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page