The One Weekly Chat - August (I keep forgetting to start a new one!) - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-26-2010, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMcGluestick View Post
I know the May DDC people are so excited, but it's a good thing we have our DDC and they have theirs because the idea of being pregnant from now until May sounds like the worst news I have ever heard. But that is because I can't barely imagine STILL being pregnant this time next week! CraftyMcG= downer extraordinaire! (Sorry.)
hoping your baby shows up soon Crafty!

JTA Mom, you've got me freaked out about BP stuff. I've never spilled protein, but my feet are all swollen and my diastolic BP has gone up, but not my systolic. My MW is not worried, but she does want me wearing compression hose on a daily basis.

Started up with a few good cervical pains in the grocery last night, had to stop walking they were so jarringly painful. Baby was knocking on the door.

And I got my first rib kick while laying in bed this morning. Wow - those do not feel good at all! This LO has been keeping his/her feet hanging down to the side all this time and finally did a fully extended hand stand and really got me.

And this morning I got a new ache/pain. All the way down on my pubic bone, on the left side, it burns when I walk. Each step is painful. I gave it a rub as it's probably a ligament or something and that does seem to ease some of the pain, but the joys of late pregnancy really are making themselves apparent fast.

SAHM to one precious 2 year old and wife to my loving DH. And here we go again!
****5****10****15****20****25**joy.gif*30****35****40
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2010, 07:26 PM

Have you all noticed that it's the end of August now, August 26th in fact, just 5 days away from September, and we have hardly any babies? Why is this? Is it because we are all going to pregnant forever? I'm feeling a little like that today!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

Old 08-26-2010, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

its because all of our babies have been told this whole time they are September babies... so they don't know its okay to come yet!

Or at least that's a good excuse.

Found out today that DHs grandparents (maternal) were not only married on the same DAY but the same YEAR as my grandparents (maternal)

Tomorrow is DHs Nanas (maternal grandmother) birthday... if Mae decides to come tomorrow, her name will be changed to Maeryn Marjorie Jean

Otherwise, she will still be Maeryn Jean

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post

Tomorrow is DHs Nanas (maternal grandmother) birthday... if Mae decides to come tomorrow, her name will be changed to Maeryn Marjorie Jean

Otherwise, she will still be Maeryn Jean
I love three names. In Sweden children often have three names.

Pink - Yes, I'm getting the stroller for 1/2 price and she's had it for only one year as a second stroller. I wish didn't have to wait till Christmas to use it, but I'm glad to have found it and in the same town as my family so my SIL is picking it up for me tomorrow. Too cool!

wife to DH mama to DD14 Jan '08 and DS 6 Sept '10
and 2 rescued greyhounds
Old 08-26-2010, 07:55 PM

Well I guess it's good news that we don't have many September babies because it means that we don't have herds of preemies.

Of course, right now, I would seriously consider just about anything (okay, not a c-section those scare the snot out of me) not to be pregnant. I nearly cried through a few contractions today they were so painful.

Liz

Wife, and mother to a small fairy, a demolition expert, a special new someone this fall and a small dachshund.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachshundqueen View Post
Well I guess it's good news that we don't have many September babies because it means that we don't have herds of preemies.

Of course, right now, I would seriously consider just about anything (okay, not a c-section those scare the snot out of me) not to be pregnant. I nearly cried through a few contractions today they were so painful.

Liz
we are so desperate we are about to go to the park.

something that has terrified me for the past month because of how much walking it would entail.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemyavery View Post
Have you all noticed that it's the end of August now, August 26th in fact, just 5 days away from September, and we have hardly any babies? Why is this? Is it because we are all going to pregnant forever? I'm feeling a little like that today!
I'm on Carrie's team. I think I need to sit down, have a nice, hormone-resetting sobfest and then put on my big girl panties and deal with being pregnant for oh, 3 more weeks.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Old 08-26-2010, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

park did no good.

now going to try what worked with DD. After the kids go to bed, DH and I are going to snuggle up and watch a movie. That worked so well with DD that she was born 8 hours later!

(Im well aware that this has no basis in anything and is likely not anything to do with why I finally had DD... but its a nice connection to make hehe)

Also, at the park DH asked me a question! lol... it was totally random but I love that he actually thinks about these things. "I know you are going to be breastfeeding, but if you weren't, would you have to pump the milk? Or would you just not make milk? And if you do and don't pump it, wouldn't it hurt?"

So I got to explain ALL of that to him, including that breastfeeding does not keep you from hurting (especially at engorgement, if you go too long without feeding, if you have painful letdown like I do or if baby has a bad latch) but what pain there is with it is totally worth it for all the benefits. And also explained that I COULD pump and give her breastmilk in a bottle, but that can make it hard for some babies to continue breastfeeding (was the case for my oldest, which is why I never did it with DD... she never got a bottle) so I personally will not be doing that because of my own experience... but if I had a job I had to get back to, it would be worth it to try pumping and bottle feeding rather than formula feeding both for her own health and our finances lol.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:00 PM

Heya...I feel like I'm the mood-ruiner here for the time being, but I want to apologize for sharing the news about LJ's loss the way I did...probably should have started a thread with a warning on it or something, rather than springing it on people unaware. I was in such shock. I know I'm really affected by it, and much more nervous/fearful today (thinking about it all )...and I'm sorry if that's happened to anyone else. I know these aren't the thoughts you want swimming in your head in the final weeks...and I know, especially with PAL mamas, this stuff is very sensitive.

I'm sorry if I've freaked anyone else out, or disturbed their labor/baby mindset. I should have processed a little while before posting.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
Old 08-26-2010, 10:48 PM

No worries ROM... it is really horribly sad and shocking, I understand totally.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

Old 08-26-2010, 11:02 PM

Wow...leave for a couple of hours and ya'll add a whole new page. Anyone else notice that we are the most active ddc? That's something to think about when I'm clicking refresh and bored out of my mind...thinking, c'mon someone POST something, lol. And then I think, "Well, I could stop lurking and post something. That would require sitting up. Nah." Lol.

RedOak-(I just can't type Rupture Of Membranes anymore...), no problem. I'm really glad you got it out there right away. It was probably better for LJ to have that rush of support, and I'm thankful to have gotten to be a part of it.

My baby is still posterior...I think. We went to the pool tonight, and now I'm leaning forward on my elbows as I type, trying to encourage him/her to move. I'm less concerned about being posterior, though, than I am about how I frequently find the head off to the right. I really, really don't want to start labor with a baby in a funky position. I'm 38 weeks today.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

Old 08-26-2010, 11:05 PM

OH! That reminds me! Good news! I'm pretty sure that Ozzy has turned LOA!?!?! His back is to my left, and I'm only getting kicks up on my right side now!

I keep thinking it's just a trick and he's going to go posterior again. I've been going crazy on the birth ball.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

Old 08-26-2010, 11:05 PM

ROM-I think it's thoughtful that you shared it with us. If it were me, I'd appreciate the support and would want all of you ladies to know. And I never would have seen the thread if you hadn't pointed it out and wanted to send my condolences.

That being said, I have definitely been more nervous/worried/freaked out about stillbirth, which is something I hardly ever thought of before. It just seems like it came out of nowhere. Just a few days before she was posting about her baby's nightly acrobats. So sad.

But I hope you don't feel bad for sharing. I am glad you did.

Mom to DD (3), my little peanut (9/10/09) and our newest addition 9/16/10
Old 08-26-2010, 11:14 PM

Yes, RedOak--it was the right thing to do. Has it affected me? Sure. But L_J needed (and needs) support.

Babies moving--mine moved from LOT to RO-somethingorother today. But it seems he is back with his back on the left. I just have a "stretched-out uterus" to allow all this flipping around, apparently!

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Old 08-26-2010, 11:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
It's because I'm going to be pregnant until OCTOBER ugggggghhh. Of course in my brain, that is two whole months from now

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

Old 08-27-2010, 01:15 AM

Baby is going CRAZY right now.

I think I've had more painful kicks in the last 15 minutes than the whole rest of the pregnancy. And Lots of hand motions right in my cervix. The last one felt like baby was trying to punch straight through it. And in between all the really strong movements baby is just jammin and wiggling around in there.

Mama to Penelope!! born 9/19/10. Missing Elliott 10/10/09. And expecting expecting again Oct '14!
Old 08-27-2010, 04:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
bethanta - fun and ouch!! There are days when I seriously wonder if this baby is going to be born via my belly button, or if she'll just punch her way out through my cervix.

I had a super productive day today. The house isn't quite as clean as it should be overall because I forgot what day it was and was doing the wrong routine (today should have been a 'friday' since hubby is off tomorrow, but I thought today was wednesday) BUT I got all the floors scrubbed, laundry done, dining area cleaned down to weird stuff like washing the chairs, grocery shopping done AND I inflated my birth pool to make sure it wasn't leaking so now I can just order the missing parts and start relaxing.

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:16 AM

Went to an art exhibit and out to dinner last night. That felt very indulgent. I sat down ALOT at the exhibit, but the day involved a lot of walking. I had serious contractions the whole one hour drive home (DH was driving). They stopped when I had to get in my car at the station...smart body. It was exciting. Of course my MW told me NOT to have the baby this Saturday b/c she is at a wedding, so I hope I don't have have to bother her.

RedOak- I understand what you are saying but we all understand why you posted. It was important information. It was hard to post about daily life immediately after that and I think that's why we were quiet for a bit. We can continue to send healing thoughts to LJ while indulging our need to chat about the everyday. Thanks for letting us know.

Re: LJ - I talked about her birth story with my MW, about LJ's need to "know". My MW gave me a piece of information about a virus a MW here is Sweden is doing her doctorate on...a virus linked to stillbirth. Should I pass this on LJ? I don't want to intrude on her right now.

wife to DH mama to DD14 Jan '08 and DS 6 Sept '10
and 2 rescued greyhounds
Old 08-27-2010, 09:24 AM

My DH signed up for training for the next week. He has been requesting this training for 2 years now.

Only it'll end on 9/8. I'm due 9/9. Since my first two were born after their due dates, we really should be fine- but now I feel like I can't wish for labor without messing up his plans. Really it'd be worse if he didn't sign up and I didn't go into labor until like the 14th, so I'm glad he's trying and worst case scenario he has to redo it- but I still feel more pressure to go on the "right" day now.

Plus I was kind of hoping this baby would come earlier than the others. Now I'm hoping to at least see my due date... again.

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
Old 08-27-2010, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2chloerae View Post
My DH signed up for training for the next week. He has been requesting this training for 2 years now.

Only it'll end on 9/8. I'm due 9/9. Since my first two were born after their due dates, we really should be fine- but now I feel like I can't wish for labor without messing up his plans. Really it'd be worse if he didn't sign up and I didn't go into labor until like the 14th, so I'm glad he's trying and worst case scenario he has to redo it- but I still feel more pressure to go on the "right" day now.

Plus I was kind of hoping this baby would come earlier than the others. Now I'm hoping to at least see my due date... again.

my paternity leave problems (where DH will be gone for a week through my due date) is a sort of training too... theres no way he can get out of it, unless I give birth... and even then, they will send him home and tell him to come back once the baby is here!

Old 08-27-2010, 09:37 AM

Jumping in here... I'm a lurker usually.

Anyone not due until the end of the month feeling good still? I'm finally getting some hard BH contractions but for the most part I feel really great. By the evening, my hips hurt - I think because I'm carrying a big baby and she's low. But no feet swelling, no super exhaustion. Does this mean I'm going to be pregnant into October?!

Jackie, wife to the Hubster, homeschooling mom to 4 girls: Lala (9) , Lissie (7) and Lauren (3) and our newest arrival Addie Jane born 10-1-10!
Old 08-27-2010, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjtc View Post
Jumping in here... I'm a lurker usually.

Anyone not due until the end of the month feeling good still? I'm finally getting some hard BH contractions but for the most part I feel really great. By the evening, my hips hurt - I think because I'm carrying a big baby and she's low. But no feet swelling, no super exhaustion. Does this mean I'm going to be pregnant into October?!
nope

the lovely thing about labor is it can come without warning!

thats also the scary thing about it, as you near your due date and you want to leave your house lol.

Oh! That Sonic I was complaining about?

We went there again. Either we are completely moronic, or optimists.

DH said our entire order TWICE (they never stopped him during the order or anything). After the second time all they could repeat back was 1 of the 4 meals. We left.

Went 6 miles down the road to the next Sonic. DH said our order, they stopped him once to ask a question (grilled or crispy for a chicken wrap) and otherwise got the ENTIRE order the first time through, had it out to us right away (to the point where DHs mozzerella sticks were too hot to touch still! LOL) all the food was correct, fresh and tasty. AND the carhop was extremely nice!

Went to the park we were eating supper at (celebrating DDs very first day of school and hoping the walking would throw me into labor, no luck there) and then when we got home I got on Sonics website and got their corporate complaint number. DH called them up and told them (both complaining about the one store and commending the other)... the manager of the horrible store called us up to apologize, DH told them that 5 out of the last 5 times we have went there we have been extremely displeased with their service and even explained the whole not-putting-a-burger-on-my-burger incident.

Im glad DH was the one talking. I would have either bawled or screamed... I was SO angry when all they could repeat back to us was a grilled cheese kids meal! SERIOUSLY!?

Old 08-27-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post

my paternity leave problems (where DH will be gone for a week through my due date) is a sort of training too... theres no way he can get out of it, unless I give birth... and even then, they will send him home and tell him to come back once the baby is here!
Yeah I've told him that the best of the worst is if I have him on one of his days off and then he has to go in after that, but will not miss anything.

If he misses one day he has to restart and I'm frustrated because after wanting this for so long they finally do it now of all times. I want him to further his career since we depend on it so much- but sheesh.

Worst of the worst (which really isn't horrible) is that he has to completely redo the training- but then they could make him wait forever again to schedule it.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:20 AM

Dh training. Bleh. We have a lot of training around here, and we never know when one is going to pop up unexpectedly. All good. All necessary. But, usually in the way of normal life. I know where you're coming from... We moved up here for some home time for dh. Well, he worked about 3 days when they told him they had 2 schools for him to go to. One is 8 weeks, and the other is 3. One will probably be October/November, and the other January. I'm really glad he gets to go, but do I really have to do ALL the newborns by myself? And, he'll be in the country, but I still won't get to spend Thanksgiving with him.

Okay, so my to do list for this weekend. I'm really hoping dh will "play"...

paint master bedroom/bathroom (this is a biggie and will take lots of pleading and talking...dh hates to paint)
make lasagna and chicken pot pie for the freezer (I just need some uninterrupted time to do it)
put up dog kennel
set up crib, etc in newly painted bedroom
uhm...there's more...oh no! I forgot.

Oh well, I have all day to think about it.

So, my goal for today is to get the house cleaned (again!), so we have no stress on that level for the weekend.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

Old 08-27-2010, 10:28 AM

That sounds rough too Just1.

I haven't had to deal with him being away aside from at work, he works nights and most major holidays. He hasn't had a Christmas off since he started there and this year will be ther first Thanksgiving that he has had off since then as well.

He does want to be hired at a different facility which would require a 6-8 week training course out of state. Before (with a then 3 and 6 year old) I thought I could handle it just fine. Now? I worry with adding a newborn to the mix.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodmachine View Post
Re: LJ - I talked about her birth story with my MW, about LJ's need to "know". My MW gave me a piece of information about a virus a MW here is Sweden is doing her doctorate on...a virus linked to stillbirth. Should I pass this on LJ? I don't want to intrude on her right now.
I don't think I would at this point, though it might be something to post about in the birth loss forum as a separate issue.

Thanks for your understanding about posting the link, ladies. I know she needs support, and I think you all are wonderful. Mostly I wish that hadn't happened to her (of course), but I also wish we could all go through our remaining pregnancies without the fear.

In other news...I gained FIVE POUNDS these past two weeks. That's what happens when your "to-do" list involves things like "go to fancy French restaurant with dh" and "finally get that pint of homemade chocolate marshmallow ice cream"...not to mention a surprise book sprinkle at a restaurant on Monday. I think I ate out three times last week. Oy. So much for not gaining weight toward the end of pregnancy.

Off to upload pictures of the quilts...I finally finished them last night, and have only to sew on the labels on back. Really happy with how they turned out.

Military mamas....I have no idea how you do it. It would be so hard to go that long without a partner's help with the family! I hope you're really proud of yourselves (and that your partners are, too).

Just1More~ Good luck with the painting attempt. I know dh is always hesistant to paint, but for some reason he seems more moved to do it when I'm pregnant, nesting, and trying to create a space for the baby. Hope your dh is moved, too!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
Old 08-27-2010, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

So I swear my belly dropped.

and goodness am I exhausted. Gonna post my belly pics and go back to bed.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:03 AM

I'm up way to early this morning. We had my appointment at 8 this morning :yawning

Now I have about an hour until I'm leaving to sit at the hospital all day while my mom is in surgery. I want to be there for her, but I hate hospitals and I don't want to sit all day. Here's hoping everything goes well and her recovery is quick as well. I really don't want her to be in the hospital when I have this baby.

Mama to Penelope!! born 9/19/10. Missing Elliott 10/10/09. And expecting expecting again Oct '14!
Old 08-27-2010, 11:13 AM

GAH.
I had a MW appt for Wed, but they called Tues night and rescheduled. So, I changed my other appointments for Thurs morning. Wed night, they called - at a birth, and asked if I could do Thurs afternoon instead. OK. After the chriopractor and errands, we hung out at my parents' house for a few hours. And just before I leave for the appointment - still at the birth! Could I hang our for a little longer and they'd call? Sure....
An hour after that and no nap for my getting-fussy son, I gave up, left a message to cancel, and drove the hour back home.
DS then had 2 rounds of diarreha and spiked a fever. DH came come sick too. Awesome.
And then the student MW called to resched and I said whenever next week, and she said "we have to see you tomorrow because you're in dates". Arrgh! I do not think I am going to drive out there again - I am uncomfy and crabby and slept like crap because of a snoring DH and a kicky DS that got to sleep in our bed.
CRABBY!

I'm not PO'ed that they were at a birth or anything. And to me it seems like they were there for a long time, so I hope mama did not end up transferring. I'm just frustrated and overtired and do not look forward to 2 hour round trip commutes when I can avoid them. Especially when I have my DS with me.

Maybe I'll feel better when the sun is up. DS woke up when DH's alarm went off pre-dawn. Suuuuuper.

Mom to two intact boys, born at home. DS1 11/07, DS2 9/10
Old 08-27-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
YES! My EDD is next Wed (holy smokes! Sept 1) but I have convinced myself that date is like post-apocalypse or something. I am going to die pregnant...ahhhhh.

Sorry I am such a downer, y'all. Everyone else seems to be finding silver linings and every day I am on here freaking out and screaming OMG! OMG! as if we're not ALL getting miserable and gigantopotamus and ready to have our babies. Y'all are really the best for your continued support.

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.

User Tag List