The One Weekly Chat - August (I keep forgetting to start a new one!) - Page 23 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#661 of 683 Old 09-02-2010, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Spending today worried... my little sisters best friend (who comes to our moms house for thanksgiving, christmas, easter, all the family gatherings and now LIVES at my moms house and thus feels like another sister to me) is on her way to the hospital with abdominal and back pain. She is 7 1/2 weeks pregnant. Really hoping shes just being a wimp and its gas or cramps. Really really hoping that. She cried when she got her ears pierced (last year) so thats a good possibility! *sigh* hoping for the best for her!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#662 of 683 Old 09-02-2010, 10:47 AM

OMG...that chicken thing...I'm green.... I tend not to be too much of a germaphobe, but that would get me. Big-time.

I'm still here. I've just been online less frequently because I am rolling up my sleeves and catching up with photo editing/blog work. My arse hurts, I've been sitting in front of this computer so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
Dh was playing with the kids while we were at the store getting stuff for our emergency kit, and poked himself in the eye really hard. I have never seen him in that much pain, and we've been together for 14 years. We went to the ER and they said he has 4 big scratches across his pupil, and his vision will be whacky for several days, but he'll be okay. He's still hurting pretty badly now. For him to even say so tells me a lot about how bad it is. Poor guy.
My BIL scratched his cornea this summer, and I heard a few people say it hurts as bad or worse than passing a kidney stone, which they say is sort of like giving birth. Maybe your dh wanted to experience sympathetic pain with you? Kidding, of course. Hope he feels better soon! BIL had a large contact put over the thing, and used antibiotic drops...he said it felt better within a couple of days, but still hurt (and had blurry vision) for a couple of weeks.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#663 of 683 Old 09-02-2010, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

I am getting so frustrated.

I can barely eat today. Im starving but feel so nauseous.

In the middle of taking a bite of my sandwich I seriously thought I was going to have to get up and run to the toilet.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#664 of 683 Old 09-02-2010, 11:05 AM

I am having such a hard time menu planning for the next 2 weeks.

I almost just want to say "forget it" and go to the store- but that is dangerous with my budget.

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
#665 of 683 Old 09-02-2010, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

DH and I had to sit down and come up with a week worth of food that we could both make (in case I have Mae... he will be the one cooking postpartum) AND if the power goes out from the hurricane, will not go bad.

Was not a fun job.

#666 of 683 Old 09-02-2010, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

... NOT my day.

My 7 year old has a very small red bite on his leg and its HUUUUUGELY swollen around it... for a good 2 inches all around it.

I had no money so DH had to transfer money to me so I can go get him some benedryl cream. Luckily it seems to be from a non-poisonous spider (but DS is allergic to all spider bites and gets this reaction every single time)

#667 of 683 Old 09-02-2010, 11:56 AM

Mae- Not a good few days for you and the family - sorry to hear about Ds's bite and and all the contractions and nausea - hoping it turns into something soon. And hoping your family friend hears good news.

LitChick & Foodmachine - hope your babies come soon too!

AFM: Boss sent me home early from work yesterday to be nice and I felt "off" all evening. I was getting weird back pains and some BHs, but nothing productive.

Ended up laying on the couch for most of the afternoon crocheting and then napped next to DH for 45 mins or so. DH made dinner for us while I watched and then I ate and bounced around on my birth ball for awhile. Baby was still ROT but feeling like his/her head is over by my right pelvic area again. So I tried my best to shimmy it loose.

Woke up this morning to feet on my right side and baby is laying LOA. Not sure exactly where the head is, but MW appt tomorrow will help with that.

One more day of work after today. I cannot wait.

SAHM to one precious 2 year old and wife to my loving DH. And here we go again!
****5****10****15****20****25**joy.gif*30****35****40
#668 of 683 Old 09-02-2010, 01:01 PM

I grocery shopped without a budget or list and survived. Now hopefully we'll be able to go 2 weeks on what I got.

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
#669 of 683 Old 09-02-2010, 04:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Just1 - Eww on the chicken!! I'm starting to feel lucky that my husband tends the opposite way. He'll use every towel - cloth and paper, half a bottle of soap and leave the water running on full for 10 minutes so he doesn't touch anything with dirty hands. He makes me insane with the waste for an ordinary kitchen job.

Mae - Sorry about your ds's bite. That sucks. So do the contractions BUT, they are working. Ina May Gaskin would tell you to snuggle up on your man and make sure there is nothing mentally stopping you from wanting to have the baby. Maybe that will help?

I've had a very busy few days as one of the midwives fed my allergic ds animal crackers at the end of my appt. while my back was turned. He came home, sat on the couch and said "mommy, i getting sick" and we've since had 2 days of stomach pain, tantrums, nightmares, and last night started the insomnia he gets. I probably won't get a night's sleep until the baby gets here and then it will probably be another 2 years soo.. thanks a lot. Plus there are like 100 other things that are making me mad about her and I just can't imagine her at my birth so I'm going to have to say something.

On a good note though: I went to the chiro and he brought my pain down from and 8 to a 4 and I'm going back tomorrow for more adjusting. DH has been really nice to me and we're scheduling a cleaning company to come in 2 (@38weeks) weeks which takes some pressure off me.

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#670 of 683 Old 09-02-2010, 04:51 PM

Having a crappy day

I've spent way too much time at the hospital this week. Thankfully not for me, but still terrible. My mom had surgery last Friday, so I was there all day that day, then at least every other day since then. She was supposed to come home today, now all of a sudden she's not doing very well. And it's not really related to the surgery. She's healing fine from that. Just the surgery made her weak again and she's starting to act like she was a few months ago when we had to force her to go into the hospital and find out what is wrong. I just don't know what to do and I HATE being at the hospital and watching her get worse while they run all kinds of tests and have no clue what is going on.

So that whole situation has me overly stressed and getting upset about way smaller things too easily. Like my SIL who wanted us to come visit tonight because she's going to be out of town visiting her fiance and stuff for a few weeks. But she's living with my in laws and they just aren't in the mood to have people over tonight. Not a big deal, SIL can just come visit. But apparently she doesn't want to drive out here. I just don't get why she would act like she wants to see us so bad since she's going to be gone for awhile and then not be willing to come see us instead of us going to her.

I know it's not really a big deal and I just need to stop thinking about it, but my poor emotions are just overrun by everything that's been going on and I'm overreacting.

Sorry for being such a downer, I just needed to get all that out.

Mama to Penelope!! born 9/19/10. Missing Elliott 10/10/09. And expecting expecting again Oct '14!
#671 of 683 Old 09-02-2010, 04:53 PM

Mae- I hope your day got better and DS's bite too. How is little sister's best friend.
xeko- Poor DS and poor you. Yeh on the cleaning service! I'm having my house cleaned tomorrow so I hope the baby comes tomorrow night.

wife to DH mama to DD14 Jan '08 and DS 6 Sept '10
and 2 rescued greyhounds
#672 of 683 Old 09-02-2010, 04:58 PM

Just1More.....I scratched my cornea on a tree as a teenager and it really does hurt so I have some sympathy for your dh. I remember wearing an eyepatch for healing too which was not nice either.

xekomaya.....I'm feeling your pain. WE've questioned corn being an issue with ds1 before but this week with him eating corn cereal has confirmed it. He has been so incredibly moody, grouchy and having lots of tummy pain. I hope your ds makes a quick recovery.

Louis.....yay for last day of work.

AFM I thought maybe last night was it. Unfortunately baby is back to its favourite posterior position but I was having contractions 5-6 mins apart for 3 hours. The back pain was so uncomfortable and I was having to stop to deal with the contractions. Again though they calmed and no labour.
I have also been very nauseous and had to actually get the massage therapist to stop at my massage on Tues because I had a huge rush of nausea.
Tomorrow I have a BPP. It is policy here to do one by 41+3 which is labour day Monday so it is booked for tomorrow. I'll make it clear to the tech not to divulge gender as that would be so dissapointing to be told now.

Mama to three sweet boys ('04, '07 and the new addition arrived on Sept 8, 2010)
#673 of 683 Old 09-02-2010, 05:46 PM

Sorry so many mamas are having crappy days.

I am currently having a great one! Chrio made me feel great, and my MW appt was stellar. I'm in a really calm, happy place right now. I'm also really happy that baby is in excellent position - not post at all. The back pain is actually contractions... which I've been having a lot of, along with lots of pressure. Nothing exciting yet, but my body seems to really be gearing up.

It's so different than my first, and I've finally accepted what this boy has been telling me the entire pregnancy - he's not his brother. He's his own person. He's acted totally different in utero, and it looks like labor will be different too.

I kind of expect him to be cautious, slower-going. DS1 was really acrobatic in utero, and came at 38 weeks with fast labor - I went from crampy back to baby in the same day. He's done everything early. DS2 I think will be a bit more mellow. One step at a time, easing into situations. We'll see...

Mom to two intact boys, born at home. DS1 11/07, DS2 9/10
#674 of 683 Old 09-02-2010, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

DS leg is okay now that he has the benedryl cream on it.

They think my sisters friend has PCOS... which I suppose is at least better than an ectopic pregnancy right now, considering how excited she is about her pregnancy!

Wind is starting to pick up. Nothing major yet but its sort of eerie... the wind isnt supposed to blow in that direction (from the east) and always messes with me the few times I have seen it happen.

On the plus side, wind from the east is bringing that awesome ocean smell I love!

#675 of 683 Old 09-02-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lit Chick View Post
Sorry so many mamas are having crappy days.

I am currently having a great one! Chrio made me feel great, and my MW appt was stellar. I'm in a really calm, happy place right now. I'm also really happy that baby is in excellent position - not post at all. The back pain is actually contractions... which I've been having a lot of, along with lots of pressure. Nothing exciting yet, but my body seems to really be gearing up.

It's so different than my first, and I've finally accepted what this boy has been telling me the entire pregnancy - he's not his brother. He's his own person. He's acted totally different in utero, and it looks like labor will be different too.

I kind of expect him to be cautious, slower-going. DS1 was really acrobatic in utero, and came at 38 weeks with fast labor - I went from crampy back to baby in the same day. He's done everything early. DS2 I think will be a bit more mellow. One step at a time, easing into situations. We'll see...
I'm so glad to hear someone having a great day! It even makes me feel a little happier Thanks for sharing your good news

Mama to Penelope!! born 9/19/10. Missing Elliott 10/10/09. And expecting expecting again Oct '14!
#676 of 683 Old 09-02-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanta View Post
I'm so glad to hear someone having a great day! It even makes me feel a little happier Thanks for sharing your good news
I agree! Nice to hear some good news.

I remember my doula telling me that often women start feeling really good the day or two before they go into labor. Maybe you'll be next!

Mae-glad you son is doing better. Allergic reactions are scary.

xekomaya-Sorry you're having such a hard time. I hope your son starts feeling better soon.

Just1more-Your poor DH. I got sympathy eye pain just thinking about it (but part of me was glad that at least it wasn't your child as that would have been even MORE stressful)

I'm craptacular. Same old story. I keep having that Mathew Sweet song "Sick of Myself" going through my head!

Mom to DD (3), my little peanut (9/10/09) and our newest addition 9/16/10
#677 of 683 Old 09-02-2010, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

SILs sister (as in, BILs wifes sister) saw a bumper sticker today that said

Quote:
Midwives help people out
I cant help but giggle.

#678 of 683 Old 09-02-2010, 06:49 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHH. LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, now I feel better.

I feel SO pestered. I can't think, and I'm not allowed to do anything of my choosing. I don't want to even have to do the regular stuff. It feels like mealtime, and house chores, and regular kid care stuff is bossing me around. I just want to be left alone. I do not know what we are having for supper. I do not want to clean up the chicken germs I have been avoiding all day. I do not want to sit outside and watch the dogs so they don't run off. I do not want to get people dressed. I do not want to do laundry, or organize the basement. I don't want to go rest so I'll feel better. I just want left alone. And I want to do something that I feel like doing, not something that I HAVE to do. Blah. And could everyone please be quiet?!?!

Okay, NOW I feel better. Sorry...

Dh came home and took the kids out for an hour. I want to destress somehow...but I'll be cleaning the kitchen and making supper. At least I can do it without interruption.

Thanks for all the concern for his eye. He's doing MUCH better today. He's really tough, so last night shook me up quite a bit. I'm glad to hear a few stories to help me understand. (And I think he'll think it's hilarious when I tell him that his experience is like labor. )

I got the baby's quilt done today, and I started on a mobile. I know, I was just complaining about not having any me time. I got that time by letting the kids watch a movie and eat dry cereal for breakfast, and acting like I couldn't hear the dogs begging to go out. (They didn't NEED out...they just wanted out.) :embarrassed

Hmmm...sorry for all the self-centered posts lately.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#679 of 683 Old 09-02-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
AHHHHHHHHHHH. LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, now I feel better.

I feel SO pestered. I can't think, and I'm not allowed to do anything of my choosing. I don't want to even have to do the regular stuff. It feels like mealtime, and house chores, and regular kid care stuff is bossing me around. I just want to be left alone. I do not know what we are having for supper. I do not want to clean up the chicken germs I have been avoiding all day. I do not want to sit outside and watch the dogs so they don't run off. I do not want to get people dressed. I do not want to do laundry, or organize the basement. I don't want to go rest so I'll feel better. I just want left alone. And I want to do something that I feel like doing, not something that I HAVE to do. Blah. And could everyone please be quiet?!?!
OMG, are you in my head???

I just shooed my 2.5yo OFF of me for the five zillionth time today. Yes, I know you need your momma, but momma cannot tolerate being groped CONSTANTLY right now. And yes, I know you need a drink...but you're not going to DIE of thirst in the 2 minutes it takes me to get it. So STOP ASKING REPEATEDLY.

My patience is loooooooooooooong gone.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#680 of 683 Old 09-02-2010, 07:13 PM

Whew, yeah.

I'm feeling better now that I've had quiet for a few minutes. Dh even took the puppy, lol. I'd really like quesadillas for supper, but I'd really like someone else to cook them. How's that for lazy?

I think I am going to have to start my own personal gripe thread, though. Seems like every day I get on here to vent, and then I go get back to life. It's nice to have a place to do that, and where people understand.

Okay...quesadillas here I come.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#681 of 683 Old 09-02-2010, 08:04 PM

May I suggest (if possible) that for the mamas having crap days that you take a break day? As in NO NESTING, total break. I've been feeling way better since I did that - skipped my supplements, avoided all remotely baby-related tasks, and just chilled out. It helped get me out of my head, and stopped the cycle of "will it be today?"

Of course, it could just be that I'm getting a new hormone shift... grain of salt. But taking a total random day is great if you can swing it. It helped that my DS was at day care when I had my mood turn around.

Mom to two intact boys, born at home. DS1 11/07, DS2 9/10
#682 of 683 Old 09-02-2010, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

My break day is Saturday.

I will not interact with the outside world except maybe my neighbor across the street whom I like and whom has two little girls my daughter likes to play with.

Other than that?

I will just enjoy turning 28.

#683 of 683 Old 09-03-2010, 07:01 AM

Justonemore- Glad hubby is feeling better.
Mae- Glad DS is feeling better.
LitChick- Glad you are feeling better.
Pink- DD is ALL OVER ME. I'm trying...really...hard.

AFM: September 3rd looks good. My guess date is tomorrow and I've felt that it could all start on the 3rd. Trying hard to keep the expectations low. I have a check-up with my MW this afternoon and she's doing some acupuncture to relax me and balance my hormones. I'm looking forward to that. And it's Friday.

wife to DH mama to DD14 Jan '08 and DS 6 Sept '10
and 2 rescued greyhounds

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page