The One Weekly Chat - August (I keep forgetting to start a new one!) - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 683 Old 08-12-2010, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri276 View Post
I am trying to get him to understand that it's NOT okay that there are times I can't reach him at work for 2-3 hours at a time.
you figure out how to do this, let me know. I have trouble with my hubby also understandting that baby can be here ANY time and he NEEDS to be available no matter if he is at work, shopping or visiting a friend!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#182 of 683 Old 08-12-2010, 06:37 PM

One way of doing it would be to leave a message like "I"m in labor now! Call my cell phone as soon as you get this so you can find me, I'm waiting for my mom to come over to watch DD, call me ASAP!!"

And then they'll call us in a panic and we'll go, "NOW do you understand why I need to be able to reach you?" If DH goes to work Sunday night (would be one of the hardest nights to reach him because he's the only supe there) without a plan in place? I'm going to do it.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#183 of 683 Old 08-12-2010, 07:07 PM

With my first, I called and called and CALLED DH and he did not answer. I eventually had to call his old manager (same company but different site) and have her track him down. Turns out he was in a basement with no cell reception.

Oh, and when I did get him, I was already on my way home. Did he leave right away? No. He took his sweet time. It was probably a good thing though, because I was holding back, and when he got home labor really went into gear. His slacking gave the midwives more time to arrive.

This time, I have his cell, his work cell, his desk phone, and the number for security at his site. And he's not allowed to go cover for anyone else until after baby - NO BASEMENTS.

Mom to two intact boys, born at home. DS1 11/07, DS2 9/10
#184 of 683 Old 08-12-2010, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lit Chick View Post
It was probably a good thing though, because I was holding back, and when he got home labor really went into gear. His slacking gave the midwives more time to arrive.
My midwife said this is really common. Babies wont wait for the midwife, but they will wait for their daddy!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#185 of 683 Old 08-12-2010, 07:24 PM

Woke up today with ds throwing up. Thankfully my mama reflexes are good enough to wake up when I hear the distinctive " I will throw up' sounds, whip him off the bed and onto the floor with a shirt for him to throw up in. He's been throwing up every 15-25 min since 11ish. Right now, his last 'episode' was an hour ago. He's sleeping on the cool wood floor in just his diapy. Poor babe.

Please, please, please let him not throw up anymore. It's so hard to tell him he can't eat or drink anything. He even asked if he could have some milk and PB after one episode.

He's been in my arms or curled up next to me the entire day. How in the world am I going to manage this with another baby???? What if ds gets sick and I'm in the middle of nursing? How do you mamas of more than one do it? What am I going to do if he's sick and wanting to climb onto my lap with the other baby. I don't want a sick newborn. Oh jeez, I think I'm starting to panic a bit.

Ami

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

#186 of 683 Old 08-12-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTA Mom View Post
Woke up today with ds throwing up. Thankfully my mama reflexes are good enough to wake up when I hear the distinctive " I will throw up' sounds, whip him off the bed and onto the floor with a shirt for him to throw up in. He's been throwing up every 15-25 min since 11ish. Right now, his last 'episode' was an hour ago. He's sleeping on the cool wood floor in just his diapy. Poor babe.

Please, please, please let him not throw up anymore. It's so hard to tell him he can't eat or drink anything. He even asked if he could have some milk and PB after one episode.

He's been in my arms or curled up next to me the entire day. How in the world am I going to manage this with another baby???? What if ds gets sick and I'm in the middle of nursing? How do you mamas of more than one do it? What am I going to do if he's sick and wanting to climb onto my lap with the other baby. I don't want a sick newborn. Oh jeez, I think I'm starting to panic a bit.

Ami
Don't worry! You'll do fine!!! Your newborn will be protected by your antibodies...you can snuggle them both. I give my older one a bucket or a small garbage can to keep near him in case he needs to "spit" (vomit). He could understand that at about 3yo...so your little guy can probably do it too.
#187 of 683 Old 08-13-2010, 07:54 AM

ROM - "wait, little baby, wait!"
Daushundqueen - "cook, little baby, cook!"
Mae - Yea! for your DH coming home and your anniversary. Have fun!
JTA - hope your DS feels better.

AFM- Last night DD related an incident to me where I was angry and kicked her toys...I feel awful...It was last week, I was tired and was frustrated with DH over something...I thought they were in the kitchen and I kicked an empty Lego box. I feel awful.
This morning I felt I had no time for DD b/c I had to get her to nursery school and me to work. When we got to nursery she cried that she wanted to go home and listen to music. She had a strangle grip on my neck like she thinks she losing me.
I am prone to fits of crying today.
I feel like a bad mommy.

wife to DH mama to DD14 Jan '08 and DS 6 Sept '10
and 2 rescued greyhounds
#188 of 683 Old 08-13-2010, 10:38 AM

*hugs* foodmachine... you're not a bad mommy for kicking the Lego box, rotfl. My daughter is getting a little clingy now too, I wonder if it's a late pregnancy thing... I'm just trying to give her as much snuggles as I can...

Today's Total TMI-- so, a bunch of gunky yellowish mucuous stuff, would that be parts of a mucous plug? No red/pink, and it's just a little bit here and there all morning. And that is not a worry, right? I mean I can be losing it and still have plenty of time before birth? I'm only 35 weeks tomorrow so I'd like at least a few more weeks.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#189 of 683 Old 08-13-2010, 10:47 AM

Hugs to all the moms. It's getting to that panicky tired hormonal point.

Kelly - does sound like the mp. And losing it varies woman to woman. I lost mine the day I had DS, but I also had bloody show with it. My BF lost hers slowly over a 2 week period before she had her DD. The mp ooze alone is not an indicator of labor really, but I bet is does mean you won't go overdue. Rest up!

#190 of 683 Old 08-13-2010, 10:58 AM

Well, I'm not really planning on going overdue anyway-- I had my first at 36 weeks, and with this one I'm having even more prodromal labor, crampiness, contractions, etc. But yeah, no bloody show at all (I am paranoid and am checking every time I go to the bathroom), so... hang in there for at least another week, baby...

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#191 of 683 Old 08-13-2010, 11:13 AM

I have to say that I am a bit jealous of those of you who actually are feeling contractions or seeing mucous plug!! I'm one of the first ones due (36w4d here), and I got nothin'!! You'd think with #3 I'd at least be getting some warm-ups. Ha! It seems I may live up to what the nurse deemed me at my 40w5d NST last time: "The Least Active Post-Due Uterus I've Ever Seen".

But for those of you who need a couple more weeks, STAY IN BABY!!!!

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#192 of 683 Old 08-13-2010, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

TODAY is the first day I am allowed a homebirth!

So... from now on if I go into labor it will not be panic panic panic (because I seriously do NOT want Mae to end up in the hospital!)

DH is on his way home...

its our 2 month anniversary...

AND its Friday the 13th...

The ONLY down side of today is the knowledge that 6 years ago today, I married my childrens father (huge mistake... I already had DS and would have had DD even if we didn't get married, getting married just made the inevitable splitting up so much harder... and I KNEW better before I married him!!!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunch View Post
I have to say that I am a bit jealous of those of you who actually are feeling contractions or seeing mucous plug!!
Oh hun, don't be! Ive been like this for weeks and will STILL probably have a September baby! I was prodromal for a month pre-DD and that time it was bad enough I was in the hospital once a week with them telling me my contractions were dying off and nothing was happening to my cervix.

#193 of 683 Old 08-13-2010, 12:33 PM

I am trying to muster up the motivation to get the house in order.

It was my bright idea to let my almost 7 year old have a sleepover birthday party today. I wanted it done before school starts (next week- thank goodness!!) and I figured that having 2-3 girls over would be less effort than a "real" party with all her friends. So we'll see how that goes.

I'm just happy it looks like she'll have a fun celebration before the baby comes. It'd be just my luck to have the baby on her birthday or something and make her miss having one.

I have been packing my bag little by little, I need to shop for a couple more things (like a toothbrush) and know that no matter what I'll pack stuff I won't use and want stuff I didn't pack. There are also a few more things I want to get before the baby comes, but nothing that can't wait until after. I have almost given up on freezer cooking so I'm glad I got done what I did.

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
#194 of 683 Old 08-13-2010, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2chloerae View Post
It was my bright idea to let my almost 7 year old have a sleepover birthday party today. I wanted it done before school starts (next week- thank goodness!!) and I figured that having 2-3 girls over would be less effort than a "real" party with all her friends. So we'll see how that goes.
Oh my, good luck!

Though, I did very much enjoy DSs female friends than his male ones. In general they were more polite and more afraid of offending our family. The boys just didn't care!

#195 of 683 Old 08-13-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Oh my, good luck!

Though, I did very much enjoy DSs female friends than his male ones. In general they were more polite and more afraid of offending our family. The boys just didn't care!
I'm just glad at times that they are getting older. I can banish them to play in her room and expect them to entertain themselves now. I have some back up plans and worst case they will have to be quiet and watch a movie with popcorn

#196 of 683 Old 08-13-2010, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I'm just glad at times that they are getting older. I can banish them to play in her room and expect them to entertain themselves now. I have some back up plans and worst case they will have to be quiet and watch a movie with popcorn
This is my secret weapon for my 5 and 7 year olds.

If they are really really getting to me (not being naughty, I'm just hormonal) or I feel horrible I pop up some popcorn and throw in a movie. They think they are getting a treat. I think I am!

#197 of 683 Old 08-13-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
This is my secret weapon for my 5 and 7 year olds.

If they are really really getting to me (not being naughty, I'm just hormonal) or I feel horrible I pop up some popcorn and throw in a movie. They think they are getting a treat. I think I am!
It is seriously a life-saver! Between popcorn and netflix I think I saved my sanity this pregnancy.

#198 of 683 Old 08-13-2010, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
It is seriously a life-saver! Between popcorn and netflix I think I saved my sanity this pregnancy.
Netflix certainly helped save mine the past two weeks. Its so hard to sleep without DH snoring next to me. I have watched so many movies/shows/documentaries this past week that even if we don't use Netflix again the rest of the year (oh but we will!) it will still be worth it!

#199 of 683 Old 08-13-2010, 02:10 PM

I think I might harm my husband before this pregnancy is over. Last night I asked if we could talk for a few before bed, and he got seriously grumpy. All scowling and fussy, I asked what was wrong and he went off on a diatribe about how he had done so much "for me" (note this was cleaning the kitchen, etc. just general household stuff) and he thought that should get him out of talking. And the he proceeded to dig himself a bigger hole by going on about how all I want to do is talk and he doesn't know how to handle it, nothing is changing about the baby's position by me talking and he doesn't care what baby stuff I buy, or don't buy. Needless to say, I started crying...

My mom and best friend, my other two people I can call and talk to, are going through really rough times right now and neither are really available. I have been leaning on DH, but umm... he's my husband? And I'm nearly 36 weeks pregnant? And baby is breech and intent on ruining all of my birth center plans?

My feelings are really hurt, and I'm sore and crampy and incredibly tired. And the baby is standing on my bladder so I have to pee every thirty seconds. We haven't picked out names, or got a car seat, or unpacked/washed the baby things. In fact I have no dresser or anything to PUT the baby things IN. I'm grumpy.

Kids are at least presently occupied with an excess of TV time. I'm going to try to nap while they veg out.

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#200 of 683 Old 08-13-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemyavery View Post
All scowling and fussy, I asked what was wrong and he went off on a diatribe about how he had done so much "for me" (note this was cleaning the kitchen, etc. just general household stuff) and he thought that should get him out of talking.
ROTFL, oh man that is so-- men. Sorry things are crappy right now... at least there isn't much longer to go, one way or the other...

#201 of 683 Old 08-13-2010, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Less than an hour now!

Makeup - check
Hair (ponytail, but thats what he says he likes best on me) - check
Clean clothes -.... well it WAS a check but I got some makeup on my shirt lol... thats okay my lint sticker brush thingy should get it off its just powder.

#202 of 683 Old 08-13-2010, 03:28 PM

Random pic of my daughter that has me grinning today... wearing one of her dad's work hats...

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h9.../081110009.jpg

Note all the crap all over the floor that I don't even feel like trying to pick up.

#203 of 683 Old 08-13-2010, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post
Random pic of my daughter that has me grinning today... wearing one of her dad's work hats...

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h9.../081110009.jpg

Note all the crap all over the floor that I don't even feel like trying to pick up.
awwww!

pictures like that stay with you forever. Trust me, I have one of me in my dads work hat from about the same age. They pulled it out for graduation, baby showers, my wedding...

#204 of 683 Old 08-13-2010, 05:34 PM

Thanks for hugs and the "your not a bad mommy" support. DD and I had a really nice afternoon and evening.
I do think I need to stop working soon though to keep my energy for the good things in life.

Ilovemyavery- . I'm so sorry. I'm sending him a kick in the ass 'cuz that's what he deserves. I hope he comes around.

wife to DH mama to DD14 Jan '08 and DS 6 Sept '10
and 2 rescued greyhounds
#205 of 683 Old 08-13-2010, 05:48 PM

JTA-so sorry your little guy is sick. I was up all night with my daughter but it's a stuffy nose/cough, not vomiting. I don't think I could handle vomiting with my morning sickness.

Kelly-cute picture! And if you think you have a lot of stuff on your floor, I'd hate for you to see my house!

Mae-Happy 2 month anniversary. Glad your DH is coming home.

It sounds like a lot of us are getting a little cranky and exhausted and being hard on ourselves. We have a right to be cranky. Growing a human is hard work!

Mom to DD (3), my little peanut (9/10/09) and our newest addition 9/16/10
#206 of 683 Old 08-13-2010, 06:18 PM

So while my husband's on the way home I have this mini-meltdown because my hips hurt so frickin much, I feel miserable, I have killer heartburn, I've had a really long week and my body feels like it's just quitting. And when he gets home he's talking about how he ran into this guy he used to know who has a lot of weekend work coming up. Which I'm like, great, we need the money. And then he says he wants to call him and find out if he can work THIS WEEKEND. I was really really looking forward to having some help around the house this weekend, plus my mom was going to come up Sunday and watch Em for a few hours so that we could go out together and see a movie before the new baby comes. So now I'm all depressed. I mean I know that we can use some extra money but I could really use having him around, too.

#207 of 683 Old 08-13-2010, 06:27 PM

Just popping in really quick.

Ds is better. He stopped vomiting yesterday afternoon, although his tummy is still 'touchy' according to him.

Which is good because today is his birthday!!! Tomorrow is the big party though, so hopefully by then, his tummy will be better enough to at least have some cake. It also means today I get to do all the prep work for it, hence the quick post. The only thing I've gotten so far are some paper plates and honeydew melons.

3 years ago today, I was still in labor with him. WOW. Just thinking about it feels so weird. In 3 hours, he was born, and, as they say, life changed immensely.

Of course, he is running around telling everyone he is turning 6. Not sure why or how that works, but he is intent on being six.

Can I just say it's really, really weird to be almost fully baked (I also hit 34weeks today) celebrating ds' birthday and thinking about being in labor way back then? And that if labor were to start today, they'd do nothing to stop it? Not that I want to go that early, but still! I technically could have another baby today. ACK!

And this time next year, I'm going to have two.
And ds will be ready to start kindy.

Ami

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

#208 of 683 Old 08-13-2010, 06:45 PM

Ilovemyavery - seriously?
It does make me laugh a little, only because it has been a looooong time since my DH was that stupid. Because I don't just cry. I cry, and then we talk. For hours and hours. We talk until I am satisfied that he fully understands the size of the pile he stepped in, and will try very hard not to do it again. And then we talk a little more. Sometimes I've thought we were done talking, but then I see he's fallen asleep, so we talk some more.
And heh - when DH is really mad at me, he does the opposite. Not the silent treatment, but he gets the "I'm not talking a lot on purpose" and gives me a Look. Very effective!

My nesting has hit a wall. My house was fairly clean and is now fairly filthy. I am tired of laundry and dishes! Whine!
So, for the rest of the day I am going to digiscrap and veg. And eat some cookies. Yay!

#209 of 683 Old 08-13-2010, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

Contractions again tonight (a common thing... around 930 every night they start, its 10 now)

But I cant go take a bath to stop them because theres a thunderstorm

...there's a thunderstorm I didn't even think of that! LOL

EVERY big day in our relationship, it rains. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. The day we started dating, various times seeing each other after time apart (it actually SNOWED the day he came home from Iraq lol), our wedding day... And DH just got home from two very hard weeks away... so this is a big day to us. And yep... its raining.

So yeah, definitely going to keep watching the forecast to see if its going to rain Sept. 4th. HOPE SO!

#210 of 683 Old 08-14-2010, 10:06 AM

Yay for your husband finally being home!

And mine is gone working a side-job today... after we had this big conversation about not doing any more side-jobs until after the baby comes, so that we can get everything done around the house *SIGH*. But as things get closer to having another child, he's about working the way I am about organizing the closets-- it's a compulsion. He gets this "we don't have enough money" obsession.

But my sister is coming up today at least so I'll have a little help around here with Em and hopefully knock some more things off the to-do list. And Em does need some new diapers, she's just about outgrown all of her Fitteds, so we can use the cash. *sigh*

35 weeks today. And I'm a middle-of-the-month due date, so I know a lot of you have to be term by now. We've done really good avoiding premature babies!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page